Options

Depressions: Can we learn from past [chat]?

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Has there ever been a good Lars?

Cause I'm watching Steven Universe and fuck Lars.

And then there's Lars Ulrich.

Are all Lars the worst?

there's a lot of Lars in Denmark

some of them are probably good? Though I can't think of a Lar I like at the moment

new shitty prime minister is a Lars also Von Trier. And Lars Mikkelsen, aka notPutin from HoC

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    it's funny, but over the last few days, it feels like i'm hounded by Time Travel. i resumed work on my time travel RPG, saw ads for this Ethan Hawke time travel movie "Predestination", hear about time travel science on the radio on the way to a showing of Terminator Genesys, which is about time travel...

I like that feeling.

Like the universe is pointing you towards a thing, y'know.

I know it's just because i notice it more because i have time travel in mind.
    We see patterns in clouds, too. It is called apophenia.

Not to be confused with apophallation, which is eating your own dick

or your partner's

Basically being a slug is hardcore

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »
    mim you're back :O

on the verge of a breakdown, but back

uh oh why?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    So Friday when I went out someone asked me if I was okay and that I look upset
    Today a little kid walked up to me and asked me why I was sad

IM APPARENTLY SAD AND I DONT EVEN KNOW IT

2012-09-12-Childs-Gunplay.jpg

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    what about lars and the real girl lars

was he a jerk

yes

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Gnuhhh

I managed to pass out for 4 hours

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    Gnuhhh

that's called a nap

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Gnuhhh

that's called a nap
    That's called "my daily sleep schedule when I was in my 20s"

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    So Friday when I went out someone asked me if I was okay and that I look upset
    Today a little kid walked up to me and asked me why I was sad

IM APPARENTLY SAD AND I DONT EVEN KNOW IT

2012-09-12-Childs-Gunplay.jpg

holy shit runni

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Not sure that counts as a nap when I was up for around 22 hours before it

• Options

uh oh why?

life

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Has there ever been a good Lars?

Cause I'm watching Steven Universe and fuck Lars.

And then there's Lars Ulrich.

Are all Lars the worst?

von Trier is.. yeah, you're right.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    WTF Microsoft
    The Windows 10 edition is built on the Pocket Edition, which is the more strip downed version of Minecraft primarily for mobile devices. On the upside, it will feature console controller support, touch screen support, and mouse controls. But it will initially lack many of Minecraft’s more richer features. It seems the the companies want to see how players react, and which of those features need to be built back in the fastest.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    RiemannLives what do you know about this Windows 10 minecraft?
    Elki
    unfortunately nothing at all

looking into it now

Though something that people seem to not realize is this is just the mobile version. With windows 10, it really is the same OS for mobile, desktop and tablet (as well as other form factors via Win10 IoT)

So it's not like this is some big sekret project or even really new. Just that with Win10 its the same OS under the hood of an xbox or phone or whatever so might as well put it out for the PC as well.

It might eventually turn into something interesting if they keep working on it though.

Controller support is something that I want, so I'm mostly excited about that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    WTF Microsoft
    The Windows 10 edition is built on the Pocket Edition, which is the more strip downed version of Minecraft primarily for mobile devices. On the upside, it will feature console controller support, touch screen support, and mouse controls. But it will initially lack many of Minecraft’s more richer features. It seems the the companies want to see how players react, and which of those features need to be built back in the fastest.

see my post on the last page

with win10 its the same OS for mobile / desktop / xbone / tablet

so when they made the win10 version of pocket might as well make it available on desktop since the work is already done

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    WTF Microsoft

I'm actually okay with this! the lack of built-in controller support was a bit confounding

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular

uh oh why?

life

:|

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I miss tacos :(

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Make more.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    WTF Microsoft

so when they made the win10 version of pocket might as well make it available on desktop since the work is already done

yeah it's not that you can't install real minecraft on the desktop, it's that the windows store is essentially a mobile store, so if you buy it on the windows store it's basically pocket edition

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Wasn't there a thing about Windows 10 removing X360 pad support? That sounded like the goobiest thing.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Make more.

effort :(

• Options
    Hey @Jacobkosh I'm near the end of Honest Hearts and I have to make a Choice, but I haven't found that piece of armor yet. Do I get after, or do I need to look for it in the desert before I end this?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Zampanov wrote: »
    WTF Microsoft

yeah it's not that you can't install real minecraft on the desktop, it's that the windows store is essentially a mobile store, so if you buy it on the windows store it's basically pocket edition

once I got home and found out about this I went poking around

the reaction on some parts of the internet to this is just adorable

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Wasn't there a thing about Windows 10 removing X360 pad support? That sounded like the goobiest thing.

no, there wasn't

360 controllers work just fine on win10

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Hey Jacobkosh I'm near the end of Honest Hearts and I have to make a Choice, but I haven't found that piece of armor yet. Do I get after, or do I need to look for it in the desert before I end this?
    you can explore after the story

• Options
    edited July 2015

no, there wasn't

In chat a few weeks ago people were talking about upgrading to Win10 from 7, listing pros and cons, with one of em being they're gonna remove X360 pad support. I imagine it's untrue!

ed; research says the opposite is true! The kerfuffle is that wireless Xbone controllers are gonna be Win10 exclusive, as an incentive to upgrade.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options

no, there wasn't

In chat a few weeks ago people were talking about upgrading to Win10 from 7, listing pros and cons, with one of em being they're gonna remove X360 pad support. I imagine it's untrue!

oh, odd. I wonder if they misunderstood the fact that the wireless dongle for the xbox one controller requires win10?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    The 360 controller is nice, but everyone should be moving to the Xbone controller. It's a big upgrade, and you're all worth it. I mean, most of you.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    The 360 controller is nice, but everyone should be moving to the Xbone controller. It's a big upgrade, and you're all worth it. I mean, most of you.

Maybe I'll just install 20 different drivers to get my superior PS4 pad working.

Well. "Working"

Oh brilliant
  • Options

Maybe I'll just install 20 different drivers to get my superior PS4 pad working.

Well. "Working"

Is that the controller equivalent of running Linux as your OS?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Thomamelas you might like this channel

it's filmmakers talking over old trailers often with extra details and anecdotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD2RvKHnlj8

Awesome. I've subscribed.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @Elki

looking into it now

Though something that people seem to not realize is this is just the mobile version. With windows 10, it really is the same OS for mobile, desktop and tablet (as well as other form factors via Win10 IoT)

So it's not like this is some big sekret project or even really new. Just that with Win10 its the same OS under the hood of an xbox or phone or whatever so might as well put it out for the PC as well.

It might eventually turn into something interesting if they keep working on it though.

So basically exactly what I said was happening, like a week ago, right?

They are using their mobile code base (which is not Java) to release a new version of minecraft that is far less of a pig WRT resources.

The fact they will run these two versions concurrently (classic and new) means they have little to risk, but if you start seeing them add a really good low level modding API to the win10 version, expect to see them deprecate the Java one in the years to come.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Gnuhhh

6lvUjuJ.gif ?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

is this your cat or somethin?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    elki did you find the gun in honest hearts

it's a semi-auto 12.7mm rifle and it is glorious

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Well. "Working"

Well, if Linux is like hammering nails into your dick comparatively, I guess?

So yeah, probably.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Elki

looking into it now

So basically exactly what I said was happening, like a week ago, right?

They are using their mobile code base (which is not Java) to release a new version of minecraft that is far less of a pig WRT resources.

The fact they will run these two versions concurrently (classic and new) means they have little to risk, but if you start seeing them add a really good low level modding API to the win10 version, expect to see them deprecate the Java one in the years to come.

yeah, possibly. though I think it is interesting that Mojang was never able to get people to even move to 1.8 with their mods.

Everyone still uses 1.7.10

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

Well. "Working"

It's the dumbest, shoving the big ol' star shaped peg into a square hole. Horray you get to use yer star peg, but you broke off all the points to get it in there! >:I

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.