As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any beer lovers interested in beer trade/bottle share?

f33rNapalmf33rNapalm Registered User regular
edited August 2015 in PAX West
Hello fellow Paxers!

My wife and I are big craft beer lovers, and are making the short trek down south from Vancouver, BC. We'd love to meet some fellow beer nerds, trade a few bottles or cans, and maybe pop a couple caps and do some tastings of regional specialties. Since this is the Pacific Northwest, I expect there'll be more than a couple other craft beer drinkers coming to PAX.

We ran one of these at Pax East earlier this year, had a great time doing it, and ended up with a ton of cool new beer to drink, as well as a bunch of new friends. Just bring a six pack (or two) of your favourite craft beer to trade, and maybe a bomber or something for tasting/trading if you want as well. Once we figure out where people are coming from, requests are always welcome.

We'll most likely host this out of our hotel room at the Motif, with a date and time TBA after the show schedule is released.

If anyone is interested in attending, I've made a sign-up sheet that can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y4tTQzn7KfhXWJCaD-nhL9AHkXnQqMhakF-2jWzsH1E/edit#gid=0

f33rNapalm on

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    More sour beer please!! My husband loved it! Thanks for putting this together again, see you in Seattle.

• Options
    I'll be bringing a couple of sours this time, the one I brought to east was super popular.

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely down for this! Love trying new beers from all over. Should be able to make it to Prime Yeast, missed the one @ East this year due to time conflicts.

• Options
    Awesome! I hope we can get a few more people interested in this. East had 17 people crammed into my hotel room, and a ton of great beer.

I've got a couple friends who aren't on the forums attending as well, so I've already got 5 confirmed attendees.

• Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    No promises but I am from Bellingham Wa, and we have like 6 breweries in town. I might be able to get something from Boundary Bay Brewing. It all depends on the night.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    tac042tac042 Registered User regular
    A friend and I are doing a road trip up from Southern California. Scheduled an 18 hour drive over 3+ days (each way) so we can stop for many beers (each way). I'm sure we'll have a few bottles :biggrin:

I'll keep an eye on the thread. If the dates work I'll sign up and bring some goodies.

• Options
    nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    tac042 wrote: »
    A friend and I are doing a road trip up from Southern California. Scheduled an 18 hour drive over 3+ days (each way) so we can stop for many beers (each way). I'm sure we'll have a few bottles :biggrin:

If you end up in Eureka, CA, Lost Coast has an excellent Tangerine Wheat.

Hm. Any requests for something from the Portland, OR area? I'm sure I could make time to do a little shopping.

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • Options

valdor wrote: »
    No promises but I am from Bellingham Wa, and we have like 6 breweries in town. I might be able to get something from Boundary Bay Brewing. It all depends on the night.

There's some great breweries in Bellingham. Plus you have Elizabeth Station, one of my favourite little bottle shops. I make the trip down there for beer from Vancouver pretty regularly.

SoCal eh? If by chance you stumble across any Russian River *cough*Pliny*cough*, Almanac or Lost Abbey brews, bring some along.
    nixter wrote: »
    Hm. Any requests for something from the Portland, OR area? I'm sure I could make time to do a little shopping.

De Garde is always good. Even if it's just their standards, like Petit Desay or Tableau Rouge. Love those guys.

• Options
    BullBull Registered User regular
    this is sounds awesome, I will try to bring some good sours! Also I'm going to Stone and Lost abbey breweries in couple days if anyone wants anything let me and I will try all my best :)

btw it's my 1st time in PAX :D

• Options
    Nexis NightmareNexis Nightmare Minneapolis MNRegistered User regular
    I am from the Minneapolis MN area so if anyone is looking for something from the midwest I can try to find it. If anyone is coming from the East coast/Boston area I would love to trade for some Harpoon Beer. They don't distribute to the midwest so I can only get it when I go to PAX East.

• Options
    If anyone is coming from the East coast/Boston area I would love to trade for some Harpoon Beer. They don't distribute to the midwest so I can only get it when I go to PAX East.

Harpoon, I can bring that! Let me know if you have a preference - I lean more towards the IPA's so my eyes always gravitate to those. If anyone has a request for other East Coast/Boston brews let me know.

• Options
    If anyone is coming from the East coast/Boston area I would love to trade for some Harpoon Beer. They don't distribute to the midwest so I can only get it when I go to PAX East.

Harpoon, I can bring that! Let me know if you have a preference - I lean more towards the IPA's so my eyes always gravitate to those. If anyone has a request for other East Coast/Boston brews let me know.

Can you bring a bottle of Hoponius Union from Jack's abby brweing? I'm coming from San Diego if you want anything from there let me know?

• Options
    tac042tac042 Registered User regular
    f33rNapalm wrote: »

SoCal eh? If by chance you stumble across any Russian River *cough*Pliny*cough*, Almanac or Lost Abbey brews, bring some along.

I'll see what I can find! I want to stop at Russian River, but was thinking about the way back.

• Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Oh good! Someone else beat me to it!
    I ran this 2 years ago at Prime.

Any requests from Vancouver, BC?

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Bull wrote: »
    Can you bring a bottle of Hoponius Union from Jack's abby brweing? I'm coming from San Diego if you want anything from there let me know?

Stop at Jack's to pick up a few, and down a flight while waiting ...sure, twist my arm.

• Options

Stop at Jack's to pick up a few, and down a flight while waiting ...sure, twist my arm.
    Sorry I didn't get what you mean?

• Options
    I have no problem picking it up...gives me a reason to go the the brewery for some beers

• Options
    Sushi HeroSushi Hero Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular

If you end up in Eureka, CA, Lost Coast has an excellent Tangerine Wheat.

So interestingly enough (small world) I live in Eureka. And Nixter is 100% correct, the tangerine wheat is a super tasty popular favorite around here, and I think we can manage to bring some up with us :]

• Options
    nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Man, that's it. I gotta attend this year. Lemme talk to my homebrewing friend and find out his local small craft favorites.

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • Options
    Serenity wrote: »
    Oh good! Someone else beat me to it!
    I ran this 2 years ago at Prime.

Any requests from Vancouver, BC?

I had a great time running Pax Yeast in Boston earlier this year. I hope someone else takes it over next year, since I can't make it out there again. And no requests from me, I'm from Vancouver as well. Drinking a Steel & Oak Rye Lager right now.
    Man, that's it. I gotta attend this year. Lemme talk to my homebrewing friend and find out his local small craft favorites.

Do it! It's gonna be a great time!

• Options
    I have no problem picking it up...gives me a reason to go the the brewery for some beers

Awesome Thank you! do you want me to get you anything from San diego?

• Options
    DDay629DDay629 Registered User new member
    The unfortunate thing about many of the great breweries in Vancouver is that they don't bottle/can in 6 packs. However, Parallel 49 is quite a good brewery and has some amazing summer beers in packs so I think I'll bring some Tricycle Grapefruit Radler (becoming a bit of an addiction of mine tbh) and probably some Jerkface 9000 Pale Wheat Ale. For a trade bottle I'm thinking Powell Streets Right Kind of Crazy Double IPA (which is a fantastic double). Thoughts? Requests?

• Options
    DDay629 wrote: »
    The unfortunate thing about many of the great breweries in Vancouver is that they don't bottle/can in 6 packs. However, Parallel 49 is quite a good brewery and has some amazing summer beers in packs so I think I'll bring some Tricycle Grapefruit Radler (becoming a bit of an addiction of mine tbh) and probably some Jerkface 9000 Pale Wheat Ale. For a trade bottle I'm thinking Powell Streets Right Kind of Crazy Double IPA (which is a fantastic double). Thoughts? Requests?

Tricycle is probably my favourite radler in Vancouver, and good choice on Powell.

I'll probably just end grabbing a couple of Four Winds 4-packs, and keeping the two extras or opening them for tasting.

• Options
    Nexis NightmareNexis Nightmare Minneapolis MNRegistered User regular

I would love some of their UFO White, Harpoon IPA, or their Harpoon Cider. If there is anything you are looking for in the midwest let me know otherwise I can just start grabbing stuff. I've been visiting all the local breweries and found a couple of really good ones. Thank you!

• Options
    edited July 2015
    List:
    JA Hoponious Union
    Harpoon UFO White
    Harpoon IPA - personal favorite
    Harpoon Cider

Can do!

And yes, start grabbing away...I'm not too particular. But I do love a good IPA and open to trying something new.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    trippyxonetrippyxone Registered User regular
    Very interested! I'm coming in from Boise, ID. Have a few local breweries. Such as Payette brewing company. Any interest in Idaho beers?

• Options
    anything from San diego?

I've never been to San Diego, I'd love to try a new IPA, but what ever you can bring would be great!

• Options
    anything from San diego?

I've never been to San Diego, I'd love to try a new IPA, but what ever you can bring would be great!
    I'm a big fan of IPA I'll get you something good :)

• Options
    Really hoping the schedule gets released soon, I'm itching to set a time & date for this.

I've also got another three people confirmed, who aren't on the forums.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    List:
    JA Hoponious Union
    Harpoon UFO White
    Harpoon IPA - personal favorite
    Harpoon Cider

Can do!

And yes, start grabbing away...I'm not too particular. But I do love a good IPA and open to trying something new.

I'd bring some Leviathan IPAs if you can find them, they pack a good punch and are great.

• Options
    hexx462hexx462 Registered User regular
    This sounds like a lot of fun. I am about 35 miles south of Seattle so can get just about anything from our large selection of breweries.

• Options
    kabutodudekabutodude Registered User regular
    I'd be interested in participating, depending on when it's taking place. I'm local, so anything available in Washington I can pick-up.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Hey Everybody! We're doing a Brewery Tour called the SchlitzKrieg on Wednesday and still have 4 tickets - I'm really hoping to sell those so that the price drops for everybody. If you've been thinking of going, now's a great time to sign up!

Alternatively, if anybody wants beers for the exchange from the breweries on the tour, I'll happily oblige to pick up bottles or growlers for you if you send me a PM.

Tour thread

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    I am very interested to bring some NYC based beers. I am thinking bring at least a beer from each borough unless someone wants something specifically. For bigger bottle trade, I will bring something from Transmitter.

iec5nehi4ot3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'd bring some Leviathan IPAs if you can find them, they pack a good punch and are great.

Yesterday I picked up the Jack's Abby Hoponious Union (for trading), Harpoon Leviathan (for tasting), and Harpoon 100 Barrel Series #54 – Nordic Saison (for tasting). I'm still looking to bring a mixed six of UFO, IPA and Cider (for trading). I'm hoping to have it all done and packed up for the flight by next weekend. oh, and cups... I can bring extra plastic ones, 1 sleeve or 2?

Also, I know the schedule it not out yet but do we have a tentative date/time yet?

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    monkosh wrote: »
    I am very interested to bring some NYC based beers. I am thinking bring at least a beer from each borough unless someone wants something specifically. For bigger bottle trade, I will bring something from Transmitter.

I'd love something from Other Half. I went there after Pax East and have been craving their beer ever since. The chardonnay barrel aged Brett Saison was incredible.

[

Yesterday I picked up the Jack's Abby Hoponious Union (for trading), Harpoon Leviathan (for tasting), and Harpoon 100 Barrel Series #54 – Nordic Saison (for tasting). I'm still looking to bring a mixed six of UFO, IPA and Cider (for trading). I'm hoping to have it all done and packed up for the flight by next weekend. oh, and cups... I can bring extra plastic ones, 1 sleeve or 2?

Also, I know the schedule it not out yet but do we have a tentative date/time yet?

All of this sounds delicious. I loved the Jack Abby and Harpoon beers I had at East.

Extra cups are always good, we'll probably need about 20~. But I can probably get those, I'll be in Seattle a couple days early with time to pick them up.

And I'm thinking this might be on Friday night, as long as it doesn't clash with Acquisitions Incorporated. But I'm going to hold off on confirming until the schedule is finally released.

f33rNapalm on
  • Options
    Schedule is up, and seems to be full of holes and missing panels. So the date is still tentative until the schedule kinks get worked out.

Friday night is Acquisitions Incorporated, so that's out, as I and I'm sure many others would like to go to that.

How does Saturday evening work for everyone? I'll be at the Scott Kurtz panel, so we're looking at a late start, probably about 9PM, running until whenever, East ran until about midnight.

• Options
    monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    I think I can hit Saturday night. I will be out all day visit Seattle as I do not have pax badges for that day. I am going to a Seattle Reign game so I would probably get there closer to 10 or so.

iec5nehi4ot3.png
  • Options
    hexx462hexx462 Registered User regular
    I'll be in the Giant Bomb Panel from 8:00-10:00 (well realistically 6:00-10:00 because that line fills up fast), but would love to trade some beer after that!

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Now that I have my schedule down I'm free anytime after 7pm! So I know I won't miss this Prime Yeast! Judging from most of the post here it looks like it'll be a late start regardless, here's to hoping everyone can at least find a little time to share some beers w/ their fellow PAXers!

O I'll be bringing some Substance from Bissell Brothers; pm me if anyone here wants to anything in Maine, and I will try my best to get it!

flashe on