As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    That figma Deadpool has a really long torso. Instant pass for me.

I'll second what Forever Zefiro said about the joints looking cleaner on figmas. They're usually really good figures in terms of quality, appearance, accessories, and poseability.

However in recent years their price has skyrocketed! They used to be like around 4000yen and now they're averaging at like 6200yen with some at 9000yen. Shit is too expensive now to regularly buy.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Now that I have money, the only places selling Six-shot are doing so for $50+

And Target's stock system is the worst because they reuse the same internal stock identifiers for same size transformers, so it'll look like Six-shot is in stock at a store, but what they have is Soundwave and CW Skywarp :/

Yeah, oddly Six-Shot was a hit or miss showing up on stores. Some people still see them while I have never saw him in a store yet. Which is good since I just ordered him from Hasbro instead of hoping to find one in store. Target's site does suck for that, actually even Toys R Us from what I hear as well. But I thought there was another way to find out if they have an exact item in stock by using another site to look up a code (for Target)?

Yeah my particular area has been weird with Transformer stock. Every other location in the state gets their stock relatively evenly, but my area tends to leapfrog, then backtrack.

I haven't been able to find a store that does that. I know TFW's forum has a sightings page, but from what I've seen, the vast majority of people posting for my state are several hours away.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Now that I have money, the only places selling Six-shot are doing so for $50+

And Target's stock system is the worst because they reuse the same internal stock identifiers for same size transformers, so it'll look like Six-shot is in stock at a store, but what they have is Soundwave and CW Skywarp :/

Yeah, oddly Six-Shot was a hit or miss showing up on stores. Some people still see them while I have never saw him in a store yet. Which is good since I just ordered him from Hasbro instead of hoping to find one in store. Target's site does suck for that, actually even Toys R Us from what I hear as well. But I thought there was another way to find out if they have an exact item in stock by using another site to look up a code (for Target)?

Yeah my particular area has been weird with Transformer stock. Every other location in the state gets their stock relatively evenly, but my area tends to leapfrog, then backtrack.

I haven't been able to find a store that does that. I know TFW's forum has a sightings page, but from what I've seen, the vast majority of people posting for my state are several hours away.

That sucks... I joined TFW just to help spot them in my area since there seemed to only be around 4 of us in the area posting.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    When ahead and canceled figma Corrin (Fire Emblem Fates), and figma Rem and Ram (Re:Zero).

I've watched up to episode 12 of Re:Zero and while the two characters are kind of interesting, it's not enough for me to want to buy expensive figures of them.

I probably should have waited until after I played a bit of Fire Emblem Fates before cancelling my order for figma Corrin, but I really just wanted to save some extra money.

I think it was a good decision overall though because the combined amount for all three of these figma probably would have cost around $300 AUD.

That's $300AUD I can put towards something I have an actual attachment to, as opposed to simply "looks cool."

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Alright guys, what is your dream figure that doesn't exist that you wish would be made?

The loss of NECA HotS Diablo brought it to mind, even though that would actually be my #2 choice.

#1 would be Soul of Chogokin King J-Der. Wouldn't even need to be in scale with SoC GGG as that would probably be just a bit too big, maybe like an inch or so taller, with of course fully articulate J-Der that transforms into the head and transforming space battleship for the King J-Der body

I'm lucky enough that a lot of my "dream figures" already exist. Nendoroid Megaman, Nendoroid WW Link, and the Metroid Figmas I own. I'd love to pick up Figma LBW Link and

But as long as we're dreaming, there are a few characters I'd love to see Figmas of that will probably never happen since their popularity has long since peaked. Red from Transistor, Tifa (original version) from FFVII, Agrias and Orlandu from FFT...

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Anyone have TR perceptor? I am curious how well he works as a last stand of the wreckers version.

Also did that Dr Wu Mixmaster ever materialize?

• Options
    I'm still hunting for one. I want Topspin more, but I can't resist getting Perceptor.

I recently got Brawn and Bumblebee which I have to take photos of and share them here with my thoughts on them. In short they are both awesome. I am secretly hoping that they'll repurpose Brawn to make Outback.

Also I'm seriously jazzed that Sunstreaker is the next car Masterpiece and that they are committed to finishing all the G1 cars.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I just ordered Topspin, Perceptor, and Krok, so I'll have them soon

Brawn is pretty fun

Sunstreaker looks cool. I'm curious if they'll actually get to do Jazz because of licensing

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I just ordered Topspin, Perceptor, and Krok, so I'll have them soon

Brawn is pretty fun

Sunstreaker looks cool. I'm curious if they'll actually get to do Jazz because of licensing

Well if they don't get Porsche they can go to RUF and get licensing to use one of their cars (which is what Polyphony did for the GranTurismo series) that looks similar to the 911 they originally used.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    But muh G1 accuracy

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Is there a masterpiece Perceptor?

• Options
    Nope, I don't think there's even any third party MP notPerceptors

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Hyped for Sunstreaker, although I wish that they were going to use silver paint on his face so he could match his brother, Sideswipe.

Also in an translated article about MP Sunstreaker, it was mentioned that Trailbreaker and Hoist were planned next.

Wish it was Jazz. I need muh offical MP Jazz

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    FIRE THE HEAD MISSILES!

7NC7XZk.jpg

PS I call dibs on "Head Missiles" for band name.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Tamashii Nations figure?

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Heffling wrote: »
    Tamashii Nations figure?

Robot Damashii, so yeah it falls under the Tamashii Nations banner.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    "Heeellooo, what do we have here?"

r14YLxd.jpg

sFaMSHB.jpg

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    TR Perceptor is fine for LSOTW. Just give him, say, CHUG Blurr's rifle and you're good.

I'm surprisingly happy with TR Kup. Still would have preferred a CHUG Orion Pax retool, but hey, that's why I made my own.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular

Fans Toys Tesla.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »

Fans Toys Tesla.

Ah, huh, well that's something at least
    TR Perceptor is fine for LSOTW. Just give him, say, CHUG Blurr's rifle and you're good.

I'm surprisingly happy with TR Kup. Still would have preferred a CHUG Orion Pax retool, but hey, that's why I made my own.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/05/26/possible-legends-titans-return-orion-pax-crosshairs-revealed-339541

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    That's the opposite of what I want!

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    I can't figure out if the head on that Lando is slightly too big or not, but I want it either way.

• Options
    More tangential toy questions: anyone here have detolfs? If you do, do you have any sort of lift/bleecher/stadium seating type setup to display stuff in the detolfs? I want to eventually do a diorama or something but short term I'm thinking just styrofoam or something for them to stand on. However I think I'll need to make it a single staircases piece or it will wobble

• Options
    They make clear acrylic risers specifically for that.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    For those who were waiting. BBTS has the Titans Return Siege on Cybertron set up for pre-order here.

Or straight URL: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS25448&mode=retail

I pre-ordered it for the Prime and Pounce, and going to try selling off the Tidal Wave and Metalhawk since I already have their originals (Overboard and Triggerhappy).

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    More tangential toy questions: anyone here have detolfs? If you do, do you have any sort of lift/bleecher/stadium seating type setup to display stuff in the detolfs? I want to eventually do a diorama or something but short term I'm thinking just styrofoam or something for them to stand on. However I think I'll need to make it a single staircases piece or it will wobble

I have some of these kind of white plastic risers that I got for like half of this Amazon listing at TJ Maxx/Marshalls https://www.amazon.com/Copco-Non-Skid-Cabinet-Organizer-10-Inch/dp/B0036OQU56/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_201_lp_img_4?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=5RYG20YJQK01XNDCYWAY&th=1

The acrylic clear plastic ones probably look better though. But there were cheaper, heh.
    For those who were waiting. BBTS has the Titans Return Siege on Cybertron set up for pre-order here.

Or straight URL: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS25448&mode=retail

I pre-ordered it for the Prime and Pounce, and going to try selling off the Tidal Wave and Metalhawk since I already have their originals (Overboard and Triggerhappy).

Aw shit, thanks. Been waiting on that. Got God Bomber coming in at some point so I definitely needed that Optimus and I like the other figures well enough.

• Options
    Nice, I've been wanting that set. Held off on Broadside because I prefer Tidal Wave's colors. Metalhawk is the only one I don't really care about.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    They make clear acrylic risers specifically for that.

You can also use old payless shoe racks and they accomplish a similiar job. I dunno if they'll fit in a detolf though. I have two but I havent put risers in yet. Let me see if I can find a pic.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Finally ordered some pc parts (case+fan+psu). Total with shipping came to about the same price as SOC Megazord. Just goes to show how this toy hobby has been keeping me back from upgrading my pc :lol:

In other news, apparently there's going to be re release of MP Sideswipe in cartoon colours (likely plain grey face). If it makes it look like it belongs on the same shelf as MP Sunstreaker I might just have to get it. Which I really shouldn't as I already really like the MP Sideswipe I already have.

Wish Takara were still painting the faces silver, instead of grey, as now there's a bit of a miss match with the earlier car bots and the new ones.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    I'm on the fence for buying the original Sideswipe. Part of me wants it because he was a toy I really wanted when I was a kid. But I'm trying to convince myself that the Sunstreaker will be good enough. I might wait for a sale on them to pick it up.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    The original MP Sideswipe is still pretty damn great in my opinion. But I wouldn't recommend buying one now that a newer version is coming out, as the original is probably way too expensive.

EDIT: On second thought this version looks way too similar to the original for my liking. Not sure what I was expecting. Will probably just stick with my silver faced original

mrNyU1e.jpg?1

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Since I'm not committed to either, whichever will be "cheaper" will probably win in my book. Either that or availability. But looking at the picture you posted and photos of the original, I think I may like the silver look better.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The after market price for the original may be more expensive than the recolour. Also the recolour will have all of those accessories in that pic above, as opposed to the two black ones which I think came with the original.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    The after market price for the original may be more expensive than the recolour. Also the recolour will have all of those accessories in that pic above, as opposed to the two black ones which I think came with the original.

I didn't know this. Hmm, now that might change my decision. On another note, I saw the TLK Hot Rod and might pick it up because his car mode looks really good.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    TR Perceptor is cool, glad they included the tank mode, though there doesn't seem to be a solid piloting area for the Headmaster.

TR Topspin though is fantastic. Probably my favorite of all the TR deluxes. Great classic G1 look in both modes and even has shiny silver paint on the guns. Transformation is as good as (or better than?) Triggerhappy's. Not gappy or hollow looking. And the articulation, oh man, best part is double-hinged elbows that give a full 180 bend, though his knees only get about 90. Definitely get this guy.

Haven't picked up Kup yet since I'm getting the Takara, but I may double up anyway if I see him in store.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    TR Perceptor is cool, glad they included the tank mode, though there doesn't seem to be a solid piloting area for the Headmaster.

TR Topspin though is fantastic. Probably my favorite of all the TR deluxes. Great classic G1 look in both modes and even has shiny silver paint on the guns. Transformation is as good as (or better than?) Triggerhappy's. Not gappy or hollow looking. And the articulation, oh man, best part is double-hinged elbows that give a full 180 bend, though his knees only get about 90. Definitely get this guy.

Haven't picked up Kup yet since I'm getting the Takara, but I may double up anyway if I see him in store.

Man, I'm still on the lookout for Topspin. Hoping that he doesn't get lost in the TLK crap that is clogging up the racks. Sorry for those of you who like the TLK Transformers, but I'm getting tired of seeing them now.

Also wanted to post this for anybody who wants a cheap Masterpiece Tracks (or Road Rage). Tracks is $39.99 and Road Rage (with coin) is $34.99. They already sold out of the Road Rage w/o coin for $29.99 and Tracks with coin for $44.99.

https://tfsource.com/sale/weekend-sale/

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Man, I'm still on the lookout for Topspin. Hoping that he doesn't get lost in the TLK crap that is clogging up the racks. Sorry for those of you who like the TLK Transformers, but I'm getting tired of seeing them now.

Also wanted to post this for anybody who wants a cheap Masterpiece Tracks (or Road Rage). Tracks is $39.99 and Road Rage (with coin) is $34.99. They already sold out of the Road Rage w/o coin for $29.99 and Tracks with coin for $44.99.

I actually just bought the barricade brass knuckles amuse me and apparently you can make the backpack a shield. I like slash from the waist up, but the bizarre pirate booty heels are super weird. Grimlock seems uninspired as does Optimus

Haven't opened barricade yet but I'm hopeful. I like the look of the redesign

• Options

I actually just bought the barricade brass knuckles amuse me and apparently you can make the backpack a shield. I like slash from the waist up, but the bizarre pirate booty heels are super weird. Grimlock seems uninspired as does Optimus

Well I just realized that I said earlier that I do want the TLK Hot Rod so there's that. The Barricade did intrigue me as well but my wife reminded me that I have a limited display area so left him on the shelf. If you do pull him out let me know how he looks because his car mode was really good looking.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Well I just realized that I said earlier that I do want the TLK Hot Rod so there's that. The Barricade did intrigue me as well but my wife reminded me that I have a limited display area so left him on the shelf. If you do pull him out let me know how he looks because his car mode was really good looking.

Hopefully I can do some pictures. The car mode is pretty slick but even my wife thought the brass knuckles were hilarious

Vangelus on wtf@tfw did a review won the show, not sure if he has an actual review up. The tldr is that it is fine at Walmart prices but a rip-off at tru prices

WingedWeasel on
This discussion has been closed.