As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

An Emergeny Mini Phalla! Game Over! Village Victory!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'd vote for nbsp at this point if I did not think her non-regular status shields her from being Day 1d.

So I have to stay on Auralynx for self-preservation, even though I'll die regardless.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I don't think I'm going to be awake at 6pm Kiwi time so Sir Fabulous because you are just too fabulous.

Too Fabulous is a concept that I simply don't believe exists.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    NbspNbsp she laughs, like God her mind's like a diamondRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Nbsp wrote: »
    Discrider, because I figured if at least 5 people voted for him I would too.

Hopping on baseless day 1 bandwagons is not pro-villager behavior Nbsp.

Unless discrider actually isn't a villager, in which case, you are the evil bastard

This is erroneous logic intended to make suspicion seem logical where a villager would realize that nobody but the evil know if a bandwagon on another is correct or not.

Scenarios:

Discrider is evil, I am a villager: I have no way of knowing that discrider is being rightly bandwagoned. My suspicion of late joiners is sincere if misplaced.

Discrider is evil, as am I: I am the stupidest mafia ever.

Discrider is innocent, I am a villager: See case 1 but I appear to be more vindicated here despite there not being any greater weight to my claim.

Discrider is innocent, I am a mafia: Compares similarly with case 2 though there are some plausible reasons to try and spread suspicion around. Which is exactly your behavior.

While I sincerely hope for scenario one it's probably scenario 3 given the odds.

Outside of the scenarios of my guilt or innocence I shall now note that you have made two posts that are directly in line with common mafia goals and tactics of maximizing the death count in a night as well as responding aggressively to a singleton vote.

Maximizing death would be to try to create as many ties as you can, so a bunch of people could die.

I figure if I at least join a bandwagon I'm only contributing to the death of one suspicious person.

Besides, "wisdom of the crowds" and all that.

Trying to create an alternative bandwagon that can tie with another bandwagon seems like a classic evil move. Which is exactly what you an precisionk are now trying to do against me.

Nbsp on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Gizzy because that was some serious beating around the bush when she has some actual, legitimate reasons to day one me. I think she's just trying to be as diplomatic as possible and not making waves which means mafia.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    There is half hour-ish remaining.

and there are votes still outstanding

Please don't make me inactivus you right away, that wouldnt be polite

• Options
    Does inactivus just straight up kill people who didn't vote?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Day 1 is essentially random since by definition the villagers start with information only about their own game state. Ask a hundred people if a coin will land heads or tails and they won't do better than 50-50 on average. There has to be some basis of knowledge for the effect you're referencing to matter. With enough posts from subjects people can indeed pick up on subtle feelings about if somebody is attempting to be deceptive or not so on later days this can have some value if there have been enough substantive posts from people that can see.
    Trying to create an alternative bandwagon that can tie with another bandwagon seems like a classic evil move. Which is exactly what you an precisionk are now trying to do against me.

Eh, you are safe and have been safe since primetime in the US past with only two votes on you. Though you're taking a couple random votes very seriously which is typical behavior from somebody who is more invested in the game than average.

Also, you are again making accusatory statements about my motivations. My motivation in engaging and provoking content filled posts so that the village ends up with more information and thus make better choices on later days.

Information is the lifeblood of the village and it's best weapon in attempting to overcome the mafia.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

Day 1 is essentially random since by definition the villagers start with information only about their own game state. Ask a hundred people if a coin will land heads or tails and they won't do better than 50-50 on average. There has to be some basis of knowledge for the effect you're referencing to matter. With enough posts from subjects people can indeed pick up on subtle feelings about if somebody is attempting to be deceptive or not so on later days this can have some value if there have been enough substantive posts from people that can see.

Eh, you are safe and have been safe since primetime in the US past with only two votes on you. Though you're taking a couple random votes very seriously which is typical behavior from somebody who is more invested in the game than average.

Also, you are again making accusatory statements about my motivations. My motivation in engaging and provoking content filled posts so that the village ends up with more information and thus make better choices on later days.

Information is the lifeblood of the village and it's best weapon in attempting to overcome the mafia.

Well it's my first time playing this game so...

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Don't stress over it, it takes a few times to get a sense of how the flow goes. Day 1 is pretty random though.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    Well it's my first time playing this game so...

It's NBD and I saw somebody mention that so it's part of the reason why I'm explaining what I'm doing though it's mostly just what I do anyways.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Vote closed.

results in.... moments

• Options
    Day One

discrider- Hung
    Cythraul-Shot

@Preda
    @corvidae
    @vertroue

You forgot to vote. Do not forget tomorrow, or inactivus will Feast.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Interesting.

Only one kill means that either a vig or a mafia kill didn't go through. Hard to tell which with shot being purple.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    OoooOOOoOOooOOO

Day 1 boooo

OoooOOOoOOooOOO

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Sunday start... sorry, I'll be there from now...

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Does inactivus just straight up kill people who didn't vote?

Generally replacements may happen at the host's discretion or when asked by a player, otherwise they are just removed from the game.

DeamonIzual, weak off bus vote? Or something this is mostly a placeholder.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    So it looks like Kime is not here, so I guess Auralynx just to find out why the first two people voted for him. Grudge or something?

discrider and I have a mini-grudge from Gumpy's megagame due to being the Premier of the UK (him) and President of Argentina (me) and therefore naturally at odds.

I dare not question or try to explain the wisdom of the god-emperor, lest he strike me down.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Gizzy because that was some serious beating around the bush when she has some actual, legitimate reasons to day one me. I think she's just trying to be as diplomatic as possible and not making waves which means mafia.

Maybe I'm not recalling something - we seem to have been on the same team the past few games though.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Wait a minute, if the mafia kill didn't go through, it means they probably targeted the guard, who probably protected himself, which means the mafia now knows who the guard is, and they could kill him at any moment they feel he is not protecting himself!

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Avoiding inactivus like a ninja: solid phalla'ing.

Nbsp unless something with better logic roles around.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    oiy

Sorry.

Anywho.

LOGIC!

Got it.

Sir Fab You don't like me day 1, I forgot to vote so you are Day 2.

See I got this.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Wait a minute, if the mafia kill didn't go through, it means they probably targeted the guard, who probably protected himself, which means the mafia now knows who the guard is, and they could kill him at any moment they feel he is not protecting himself!

usually guards can't target themselves

the purple kill could mean that our vig and the mafia both hit the same target

• Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    Nbsp shows signs he/she/it is evil incarnate. The ones that give a paragraph reasoning are traitorous dogs to the laws I have bestowed amongst this community. So sayeth ME

• Options
    Let's vote for each other again Obifett

• Options
    Don't want to make the same mistake I made with discrider, so Sir Fabulous

• Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    The devil is in the details and DevoutlyApathetic is firing verbal vomit all over the place. If my vast brain recollects, he has done this before when he is trying to confuse others with words.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Smoove Operator placeholder for targeting the newbye who talk in thread.

• Options
    precisionk wrote: »
    The devil is in the details and DevoutlyApathetic is firing verbal vomit all over the place. If my vast brain recollects, he has done this before when he is trying to confuse others with words.

I can get behind this logic

DevoutlyApathetic

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    DevoutlyApathetic on the word of the God-Emperor.

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Sir Fabulous because I don't believe you can be that fabulous.

Wait, we've been here before?

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Sir Fabulous I should trust my instincts.

• Options
    I'm going to be all suspicious and tie the vote
    DevoutlyApathetic

• Options
    precisionk wrote: »

I really enjoy the irony of this accusation pk. Bravo.

Anyways, tired after work and I guess I don't know Sir Fabulous is a villager so he beats the other leading contender.

• Options
    Hey now you jerkfaces, Sir Fab is my vote. Why are you piggy backing me? I swear to god if he is mafia you all are.

I am looking at you Brayman DA and GG.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I voted for him yesterday. I was here first, Sith!

• Options
    Ok you are acceptable

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Sir Fabulous cause I really don't want to tie the vote.

HLRpxno.png
  • Options
    Da hell?

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Sir Fabulous

Sorry bout that.

HLRpxno.png
  • Options
    DeamonIzualDeamonIzual Registered User regular
    I'd say precisionk's rapid finger pointing is more distracting than DA's defensiveness. But I think that a DevoutlyApathetic vote gives more information rather than voting on a quiet Sir Fab.