As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Smash Bros. is Video Games: The Game: The Reckoning

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Speed and I had some pretty good games just now.

This one has some skill with Yoshi.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    It's really frustrating being at a point where any random pickup game on FG I can tear limb from limb but the second I have a serious match I get totally clowned on

And I feel like that's been the place I've been at since launch

And people round here just aren't around frequently enough to actually practice with in a meaningful way. At most I can squeeze a couple of matches against say wyborn a week, enough to be reminded that I suck but not enough to actually improve

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i can usually be @'d to play assuming I'm not like, at work

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    It's really frustrating being at a point where any random pickup game on FG I can tear limb from limb but the second I have a serious match I get totally clowned on

And I feel like that's been the place I've been at since launch

And people round here just aren't around frequently enough to actually practice with in a meaningful way. At most I can squeeze a couple of matches against say wyborn a week, enough to be reminded that I suck but not enough to actually improve

What time do you play on For Glory?

Because that's the bulk of my practice, five matches a night or so, and I feel good when I win three of them. I think different times of day really offer different pools.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Speed I will pound on you all you want, forever

Though it is true I don't play as much as I used to

Gotta make time for Shovel Knight co-op, you know

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Does anyone else find the 3DS version of Umbra Clocktower to be hilarious? All the angels are clearly just looping-animation sprites on the background, and Fortitudo never comes close to the battle.

It looks like the Bayonetta version of Birdemic, and I love it.

• Options
    Anyone up for some Saturday smash?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4pt-snDJM8

So it turns out Saturday morning is a good time to find some surprising players

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    So, PSA. On Bayonetta, Heel Slide --> Witch Twist --> Afterburner Kick --> Afterburner Kick --> Back Air is a fun combo, but the back air is not a true combo. An alert enemy can and will dodge or use a counter.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Additional Bayo PSA:

Her smashes are weird, and so is Witch Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rkvnfuo_MI
    You can see the exact moment when her heart breaks in half

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Ooooow.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    That music timing...

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Holy shit, that wiff.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Samus at J-tier goes to show you how little tier lists mean for mid-level play in Smash 4.

Where is @TelMarine, anyway

Been living in the Mario Maker thread the last few months.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Bowser Jr. is a piece of shit who can go fuck himself

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    7yPv3io.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    uLIu1Oo.png
    February 13th at 6pm EST
    SignUps
    Steam Group

A few changes this week. Three stocks are back! Yay! Also, I've move Town and City and Duck Hunt to Counterpicks just to so stage striking is faster for starting sets. With three starters, it's now just "First guy strikes, and second guy decides where to play." Also Delfino was added back to the counterpick pool after being mysteriously removed from last tournament. I dunno.
    1. Double Elimination, with three stocks at eight minutes. Best two out of three for regular sets, and best three out of five for Loser and Grand Finals.
    2. The results of Sudden Death are ignored, and the player with the lowest damage percentage when time expires is the winner. If percentages are even, then a one-stock three-minute match will be played as a tie-breaker.
    3. Items, and equipment are banned; Custom Moves are banned
    4. Palutena and Mii Fighters must use a 1111 (default) moveset. Mii Fighters must be the default size.
    5. Players may switch characters between matches. The winner of the previous match opts to change first (notify your opponent of whom) and then the loser may change their character in turn.
    6. Starter Stages: 1. Battlefield, 2. Final Destination (or an identical Ω stage), and 3. Smashville
    7. A starter stage is chosen via striking. Starting with the higher seeded (#) player, players go back and forth banning starter stages until there is one stage left. The set begins on that stage.
    8. After a match, the winner may ban up to two stages. Then the loser picks the next stage, and which may be any of the starter stages or the following counterpick stages: Castle Siege, Kongo Jungle, Lylat Cruise, Skyloft, Delfino, Duck Hunt, Town and City, or Wuhu Island. The loser may NOT pick a stage they have previously won on in that set.
    9. When a set is finished, report results on Challonge. If you wish, you can also report the scores of each match (how many KOs each player got), but this is optional. If a mistake is made, report it to me and it'll be fixed.
    10. Sets should take thirty minutes to complete. If after five minutes your opponent has not shown up, please contact me and you will win the set by default.
    11. When playing on Final Destination, either player may choose to play on Omega Palutena's Temple instead (or any Omega Stage agreed upon by both players).
    12. Smasher's Agreement: a player make pick a stage not on this list if both players agree to it.
    13. ORDER: Winner Bans Stages -> Loser Pick Stages -> Winner Announces Character -> Loser Announces Character -> Play Match

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    That comic took me a minute

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Huh

Lucina and Marth got substantial range boosts on their tilts and aerials, and pretty sizable damage bumps to their aerials, and also their jabs and tilts and DSmashes are faster now?

I uh

I might need to look at using Lucina more seriously again

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Was there anything to really separate Lucina from Marth? If the changes were mostly even, then she's going to just have the same issues she had before: sitting in Marth's shadow.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I main Ganon.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Was there anything to really separate Lucina from Marth? If the changes were mostly even, then she's going to just have the same issues she had before: sitting in Marth's shadow.

Poor Lucina.

She had a good thing going as "best Marth without tippers" for a few months there.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    so it took actually seeing him in the dlc list to realize cloud was in fact, not a joke

but even that was overshadowed by this corrin character, who apparently is some kind of horrifying monstrous shapeshifter?

which is

exquisite

I had sort of written off the next fire emblem because of some gross ass things that I had heard but, damn, that is my jam right there

shit

maybe I can just content myself to playing her on this

• Options
    speaking of playing this game, does anyone wanna do so tonight?

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    speaking of playing this game, does anyone wanna do so tonight?

yeah sure

• Options
    k, i'm getting on

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    It is deeply embarrassing to nail a witch time only to dance around like an idiot and fail to hit the other person

• Options
    For some reason my brain stopped reading at "it is deeply embarrassing to nail a witch" and I was like, I dunno, I know a couple and I bet they're very understanding

• Options
    It is deeply embarrassing to nail a witch time only to dance around like an idiot and fail to hit the other person

you really need to find ways to open me up besides witch time and yolo side bs that ive been holding block for a full second prior on

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options

you really need to find ways to open me up besides witch time and yolo side bs that ive been holding block for a full second prior on

That's the biggest thing I'm trying to figure out with bayo

I am pretty sure every single one of her moves is punishable

• Options

And that's how she likes it

• Options
    Bayo is like Bayo in Bayo

Wait for the enemy to act, and make them regret it; she has many options to punish

She hasn't got the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa here but you do need the same mindset

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    you know her down throw is good for followups right

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

And that's how she likes it

The idea that bayonetta would EVER be a sub is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD MY SMASH DISC SUDDENLY WORKS AGAIN SOMEONE SMASH ME

• Options
    Sorry about that, my dad had a seizure

Aaaaaand now we're lagging! Yayyyyy

• Options
    that down throw worked like a charm

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    WHO'S READY FOR MY BLOOD PRESSURE TO SPIKE AGAIN?

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Gundi wrote: »
    WHO'S READY FOR MY BLOOD PRESSURE TO SPIKE AGAIN?

I will once blackbeard is tired of shitting on me!

Speed Racer on