Options

The sorting [chat]

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    i got hella mosquito bited again and it kept me up much of the night when they suddenly flared with itchiness and i woke up and couldn't go back to sleep

i'm not going to miss this part of summer...

my wife was going to help me wash the dogs but she was getting swarmed by mosquitoes so I sent her inside. She's really sensitive to bug bites too so it would have been like hives. That's how thoughtful of a husband I am.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    One more month before my dreaded birthday

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Can someone tell me a way to find out how big a gifv is? I have one to post from Summerslam last night that I loved but I don't want to if it's too big. And no, sorry for those Amell fans who want one, I haven't found one of those yet.
    I right click, save as, and look at the file properties. Archaic and slow, but it works.

• Options
    Can someone tell me a way to find out how big a gifv is? I have one to post from Summerslam last night that I loved but I don't want to if it's too big. And no, sorry for those Amell fans who want one, I haven't found one of those yet.

RiemannLives made an image check app that can check it. It's in his sig I believe.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    i have no idea what i did while drinking the other night but my traps are really sore like i was lifting or really tense for ages
    Did you have some creepy European sex with what very well might have been a lady?

if by "creepy european sex" you mean "on an airbed in my friend's family dining room", then yes

And congratulations on the sex injury. They come from being old enough to be effected by the things you put your body through.

I don't think it was that but I'm not sure.

Also I'm only 24, that's not old :(

I'm older than you

*stares hollow-eyed into the abyss*

Babby.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Happy Monday [chat]!
    Tomorrow is municipal election day.
    I thought it was marsupial election day and have spent the last 72 hours studying the best and brightest amongst kangaroos, koalas, possums, and Tasmanian devils for naught.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    It is somewhat ironic that the response to pets being just like kids is always "you're wrong, you need to have kids to understand man"

It's crazy how inbuilt this defense of spreading our seed is. As if there's something novel about children you can't sympathize with.

A dog is basically a child stuck at 3 years old.

A cat is a child stuck at 15.

In all fairness, it isn't like having a child is anything other than a profound experience which tends to change people's personality and priorities substantially.

• Options
    I legit just forgot how old I was for a second. That is how old.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i have no idea what i did while drinking the other night but my traps are really sore like i was lifting or really tense for ages
    Did you have some creepy European sex with what very well might have been a lady?

if by "creepy european sex" you mean "on an airbed in my friend's family dining room", then yes

And congratulations on the sex injury. They come from being old enough to be effected by the things you put your body through.

I'm older than you

I thought we were the same age. When did you level up?

we might be few months apart. Leveled up in June. as long as your birthday is still coming up this year we cool

Ah right, yeah. Mine is the end of November.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

RiemannLives made an image check app that can check it. It's in his sig I believe.
    doesn't work for a .gifv yet, i think. he's planning on adding that in.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i got hella mosquito bited again and it kept me up much of the night when they suddenly flared with itchiness and i woke up and couldn't go back to sleep

my wife was going to help me wash the dogs but she was getting swarmed by mosquitoes so I sent her inside. She's really sensitive to bug bites too so it would have been like hives. That's how thoughtful of a husband I am.

how selfless of you

i am the same way. my bites have swelled up to monster sizes, because of course

and also of course they bite me on my feet right where my shoes are guaranteed to rub against them maddeningly while walking around

im telling u...they're organized...

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options

Oh huh. I thought he had finished it.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Born in the 90s = baby

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    At some point I should actually think of where I want to go with my career and do things for that

I've been saying that for a long time

*shrug*

I honestly kind of want to switch.

• Options

I'm older than you

I thought we were the same age. When did you level up?

we might be few months apart. Leveled up in June. as long as your birthday is still coming up this year we cool

Ah right, yeah. Mine is the end of November.

ok you get a pass

• Options

I forgot my age when a bouncer asked me for ID a few months ago because it had been so long since I needed to wonder what age I was while drunk.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Oh that's just how parents subtly imply that they are significantly more whole and full of love and life etc than people without kids

And when disagreed with, you get the automatic WELL YOU DONT KNOW

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Speaking honestly here.
    I don't think Koala-chan is going to be winning any awards for best and brightest.
    I think a sack of potatoes has a higher IQ.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    It is somewhat ironic that the response to pets being just like kids is always "you're wrong, you need to have kids to understand man"

It's crazy how inbuilt this defense of spreading our seed is. As if there's something novel about children you can't sympathize with.

In all fairness, it isn't like having a child is anything other than a profound experience which tends to change people's personality and priorities substantially.

Right, but we can all understand and see why that is. It's another human life. Human lives have a lot of value and it requires a lot of work. We can sympathize with that. But to someone who has a kid, their immediate response is always "you just don't even know, everything you say doesn't mean anything until you can empathize instead of sympathize."

It's sort of like the "So when are you getting married" turns into "So when are you having kids" the knee jerk issue of species propagation is always nagging some people, and if someone isn't participating, you gotta out them so they want to be part of the group.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

I spent much of this year thinking that I was a year older than I actually am. The realization of the truth was like I had just tapped the Grim Reaper on his left shoulder and then quickly snuck around to his right as he turned around, swiping a year from his robe pocket as he looked fruitlessly for the tapper.

• Options
    Then the people without kids weep and hold their vacations to interesting places, full nights of sleep, and stain free furniture tight

• Options

I'm pretty sure he said it was working for gifvs now.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So there are tons of subscription services out there advertising reverse license plate checks. Are those legal/legit? I didn't think civvies were privy to that kind of info.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Oh that's just how parents subtly imply that they are significantly more whole and full of love and life etc than people without kids

i wonder if my parents would disagree now since my sister and i are unequivocal failures who can't even bail them out of their problems that they only have because they made me and my sister

i...i might be a little bitter right now

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Then the people without kids weep and hold their vacations to interesting places, full nights of sleep, and stain free furniture tight

this checks out

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Every single person I know, even pet owners, are substantially different on the other side of having a child.

They are usually much more tired and cranky at first, followed by a weird -nesting-like syndrome where they need to move to a nicer place with nicer schools and find other people who have similarly aged kids so their kids can socialize and they can socialize with adults in the same situation, etc. etc.

Total and immediate lifestyle adjustment.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure he said it was working for gifvs now.

it does.

only for chrome though

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PumbN_X9Fow

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

I'm older than you

Sheeeeeit, I'm 28 and still feel invigourated in my humours!

Now, who's up for a rousing session of falling asleep while watching Wheel of Fortune?
    Jefferson: "But I burn, Mr. A!"

Adams: "So do I, Mr. J!"

J: "You?"

[in background]

"You do?"
    "John?"
    "Who'd've thought?"

A: "Mr. Jefferson, dear Mr. Jefferson
    I am but forty-one, I still have my virility
    and I can romp through Cupid's grove with great agility
    but life is more than sexual combustibility!"

[in background]

"Combustibility! Combustibility!"

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Welp, not posting that then. Showing as over 6 megs so that's a big fat NOPE.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options

That explains why our cat Loki always demands we take him to Hot Topic...

• Options

how selfless of you

and also of course they bite me on my feet right where my shoes are guaranteed to rub against them maddeningly while walking around

I wonder if this is a gender thing?

I get a few bites and it itches for like... maybe 10 minutes.

If it's an especially bad night with a few dozen bites I'll take a super hot shower and pop some benadryl and pass out.

But my mom, my g/f, and most of the girls I know have really super bad reactions to mosquitos. I mean... anyone can be allergic to them like that, but it seems to be more pronounced in women, at least from my biased observations.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
  • Options
    two competitors at the Pokemon world championships this past weekend were arrested prior to entering for possessing several firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition

fucking internet toughguy dorks

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

is legit. Totally legit.

And just to be super duper clear, I am also not saying it is an experience everyone needs to have, or even should have! We got a lot of people in this world. But it seems unique it what it does to the person going through it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

i wonder if my parents would disagree now since my sister and i are unequivocal failures who can't even bail them out of their problems that they only have because they made me and my sister

i...i might be a little bitter right now

Ehhh you're supposed to take care of them when they start pooping themselves

Not before

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »

I'm older than you

Sheeeeeit, I'm 28 and still feel invigourated in my humours!

Now, who's up for a rousing session of falling asleep while watching Wheel of Fortune?
    Jefferson: "But I burn, Mr. A!"

Adams: "So do I, Mr. J!"

J: "You?"

[in background]

"You do?"
    "John?"
    "Who'd've thought?"

A: "Mr. Jefferson, dear Mr. Jefferson
    I am but forty-one, I still have my virility
    and I can romp through Cupid's grove with great agility
    but life is more than sexual combustibility!"

[in background]

"Combustibility! Combustibility!"

sit down, john

for god's sake

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PumbN_X9Fow

This is the definitive take on the subject.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

Every single person I know, even pet owners, are substantially different on the other side of having a child.

They are usually much more tired and cranky at first, followed by a weird -nesting-like syndrome where they need to move to a nicer place with nicer schools and find other people who have similarly aged kids so their kids can socialize and they can socialize with adults in the same situation, etc. etc.

Total and immediate lifestyle adjustment.

Shit man, I do that stuff now because they tend to be nicer neighborhoods in general.

• Options

how selfless of you

I wonder if this is a gender thing?

I get a few bites and it itches for like... maybe 10 minutes.

If it's an especially bad night with a few dozen bites I'll take a super hot shower and pop some benadryl and pass out.

But my mom, my g/f, and most of the girls I know have really super bad reactions to mosquitos. I mean... anyone can be allergic to them like that, but it seems to be more pronounced in women, at least from my biased observations.

mosquitos that bite are women

and women are vicious at attacking other women

ergo it's all women on women sniping and gender politics

smash the patriarchy

QED

This discussion has been closed.