Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE LION'S SEASON. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    If anyone was wondering about Madden 16, it's frickin great. The new passing and catching options are fantastic, and Draft Champions is worth the price of admission alone. I love the RNG nature of the three players to pick from each round combined with trying to balence your roster to fill your schemes and shore up areas where you're weak. I was almost stuck with Mark Sanchez at QB, but then 1993 John Elway popped up in the final round. Yisssssss.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I legitimately love that a Madden designer looked at Hearthstone's Arena system (which is itself a simplified/streamlined version of Magic: the Gathering's drafts) and said, "I bet we can make this work."

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    If anyone was wondering about Madden 16, it's frickin great. The new passing and catching options are fantastic, and Draft Champions is worth the price of admission alone. I love the RNG nature of the three players to pick from each round combined with trying to balence your roster to fill your schemes and shore up areas where you're weak. I was almost stuck with Mark Sanchez at QB, but then 1993 John Elway popped up in the final round. Yisssssss.

On the other hand, if you do get stuck with the likes of Brandon Whedon at QB, you need to actually start a game, quit it, and then wait twenty minutes before trying a new draft. Which ties into my biggest problem with the game: the number of loading screens and poor UI choices is staggering, and it takes forever to load into anything.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Are there any PA fantasy leagues?

Changed jobs and I need to find a replacement for beating up on my coworkers.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Are there any PA fantasy leagues?

Changed jobs and I need to find a replacement for beating up on my coworkers.

there are two in D&D that I know of.

Fear & Loathing - @elki is commissioner (a terrible one but still)

and Rare with no Sauce, i think @visiblehowl is the commissioner on that one

not sure if there are open spots in either.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Fear and Loathing has 9 teams, so a 10th would be pretty awesome.

There's also PA Expendables which has 8 teams with @Slider as commish, so if @ObiFett wanted to renew his Bounty Punters we could take another team to bring that up to 10.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Oh, and how terrible of a commish is @Elki ?

There still is no set draft day/time

Veevee on
  • Options
    @elki please allow me to join your terrible league I won't even mention how terrible you are

• Options
    Also thanks dyna

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    RG3 might not be the day one starter for the slurs. Good lord what a dumpster fire.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    RG3 might not be the day one starter for the slurs. Good lord what a well funded dumpster fire.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    It's an incompetent, clownshoes organization with a nasty little troll of an owner and I thank the football gods every season that they play in the same division as my team.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote: »
    It's an incompetent, clownshoes organization with a nasty little troll of an owner and I thank the football gods every season that they play in the same division as my team.

Wait that describes like 3 teams in the nfl...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    only 3?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Eh, there are only a few organizations that hit all the criteria - Detroit and the Jets are incompetent but their owners aren't really trolls. Carolina and the Colts have total troll owners but I wouldn't call them clownshoes on the field.

Oakland and Cleveland are the other two I can think of that hit all the marks, and neither of them play in a division I care about, so

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I was thinking of Oakland, and the niners.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'd probably put the Rams on that list too

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I haven't been the commissioner of Rare With No Sauce for several years actually. Not sure who it is now, or if it even still exists.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    what good are you to me then you monster

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Automatic first downs for defensive holding are still bullshit.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    @elki please allow me to join your terrible league I won't even mention how terrible you are

let me be the first do warn you of the presence of a team called the sp00ns in this league
    the most dominant force in the history of fantasy football
    in fact it is rumored that the sp00ns invented fantasy football itself
    either way you would be stepping into an arena inhabited by the god of gods of fantasyness and the poor fools who dare play against him
    i really urge you to reconsider your decision unless you're some kind of masochist

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

let me be the first do warn you of the presence of a team called the sp00ns in this league
    either way you would be stepping into an arena inhabited by the god of gods of fantasyness and the poor fools who dare play against him
    i really urge you to reconsider your decision unless you're some kind of masochist

I can either get creamed by internet nerds or... well, just not watch football because honestly I need some skin in the game to make it fun

• Options
    Senj, Thom won that league last year dlinfinit is living in a state of delusion.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Senj, Thom won that league last year dlinfinit is living in a state of delusion.

Florida?

• Options

And I won the year before that.

Also FUCK FUCK FUCK

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Man the bills took to the steelers like they stole something. God knows they'd never do that in the regular season.

Also in the never going to happen in the regular season EJ Manuel completed passes and shit.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    And Seattle is not looking good at all. So its opposite day.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Cobb is hurt

Hundley just threw a pick 6

I'm calling for a do-over of the day.

• Options
    Andy Dalton may have hurt his neck, people in Cinci cheer!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    state of 3 peat
    such rarified air
    J.jpg
    kobe3peat_display_image.jpg
    Spoon-Theory-2-393x525.jpg
    incredible
    legends

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Wow cobb might be hurt for the packers? Wow.

And they are claiming Eli got benched, in preseason... HAHAHAHA

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

I think you spoke too soon.

• Options
    Wow cobb might be hurt for the packers? Wow.

Yes. Came up with a limp right arm and went to the locker room.

This fucking preseason...

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Our OL is fucking AWFUL. Like, 'Super Bowl frontrunner' to 'Maybe a wild card' level bad.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

Eh one kick returner can't win games. Unless you're the niners.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think this might be the entire plan for the Hawks.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

The rest of the league has asked me to sit you down and have a smack talk intervention. Look, we understand the urge to smack talk. But you aren't good at it. And sure, there is a certain amount of joy in lighting you up but it's a low smack talk league. When we remove smack talk instigated by you, we find that the next biggest smack talker in the league is Frosteey. And his smack talk is adorable cat gifs. To be frank, it's much more effective then your attempts. I've been amused enough that I lost track of roster changes seeing that kitty steal the piece of pizza.

I suggest taking a rebuilding year. Practice some new material in private and take the time to polish it. Maybe spend some time preparing for the draft this year. Study the line ups. Focus on the fundamentals. Next season, you can bring out the new material. Really change things up. But right now, you are to smack talk what Jerry Jones is to GMing.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

Eh one kick returner can't win games. Unless you're the niners.

The defense (especially run, which isn't effected by the missing safeties) is also killing it.

The offense is pretty standard for an in-flux offensive line when Lynch only plays one series.

• Options
    Ok adam, I know its preseason and I told myself the same thing with the mariners, and then the regular season was a continuation.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Right, but unlike the Mariners the Seahawks are not a shithole of an organization from top to bottom.