As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I better log in soon to do some stash clean up for the coming end of the season.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I better log in soon to do some stash clean up for the coming end of the season.

"My favorite part of Diablo!"

- no one ever

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Free yourself from your earthly tethers.

Trash all your shit at the end of every season.

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    4 piece shadow + 4 piece marauders brings me back the awesome sentry build that was ripped from me in the past...

chakram quiver and the sword of Ill will = cold whirling stars of death EVERYWHERE

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Aww, so I guess the insane life regen monk builds are being nerfed? (not a big surprise)

Edit: and damn it, I guess I'd need to find a new ancient BoP and Frydehr's Wrath ={

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    HooverFan wrote: »
    4 piece shadow + 4 piece marauders brings me back the awesome sentry build that was ripped from me in the past...

chakram quiver and the sword of Ill will = cold whirling stars of death EVERYWHERE

Shadow set was one of the things I really wanted to try out on PTR. Melee DH - maybe DHs can be fun after all?. Damn was I disappointed to realize the 6 pc is horribly bad and the set only serves to enable the awful thing that was the old Marauder :P

Invoker on the other hand was a pleasant surprise. Ok, the thorns gimmick is pushed really clumsily on the set, but it's a really tanky melee build that actually wants to stand in melee. And probably even uses block, which could be useful for the first time ever! Felt like crap for farming with the shitty aoe though, but grifts were fun.

Also Jade Harvester does things now. I'm not sure if it's all that good since it lacks damage reduction from the set itself (and eying through the leaderboards, every single WD I checked was doing the ancients set), but it does do a lot of damage. And the gameplay is really fun.

Hyped for the next season, it could potentially have way more viable builds than the previous ones <3

Keemossi on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Would anyone be able to help me with the TX in 3 minutes conquest? I can use my zdps barb to speed things up.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Can someone explain to me what the zdps thing is? I've seen it mentioned (not flatteringly) across diablofans/diablo3 forums, but still have no idea what it means.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Ender wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what the zdps thing is? I've seen it mentioned (not flatteringly) across diablofans/diablo3 forums, but still have no idea what it means.

Zero Damage Per Second

essentially it means your character's role in group isn't to attack enemies, but instead to either buff your allies or apply debuffs and crowd control effects to monsters

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Okay, how is Shenlong's supposed to not die? I'm trying to push to GR60 for the Conquest (currently at GR57) but everything is fucking shitting all over me. I've got all the right stats, I'm stacking defense, still getting shit on.

Bleh. Guess I'll just go back to Uliana's, having better luck with that.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I finally did it!
    1xxr10blgwdd.jpg
    Now all I have to do for the season is bug others to help me with the TX in three minute quest and that's all for the seasonal conquest

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Ender wrote: »

Zero Damage Per Second

essentially it means your character's role in group isn't to attack enemies, but instead to either buff your allies or apply debuffs and crowd control effects to monsters
    A lot of it too is being able to reposition enemies so that a) they're more likely to aggro on you (essentially a tank)
    b) grouped up so your dps can AoE everything down instantly.

butts
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Didn't notice if the patch notes had said this, but on the PTR if you pick up a Legendary with a cube-able string, and you already have it cubed, there's an icon to the left of the string that lets you know that.

Edit: NVM, it just lets you know if something is cube-able.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Finding a group to do the TX in 3 minute quest is impossible. I'm really worried because that is the last quest I need to finish to complete the seasonal journey.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, a lot of the clan goes really hard for the first month or two, and then disappears. Myself included.

That said, it's easy with 3 people and an open map, so if anyone else is interested it shouldn't take long at all. I should be around tonight, so add Noggin#1936 and let me know if you find a 3rd.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I can help too, add me and ping me when you want to do it. i'll have the app on after I finish up work

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    People go hard for about a week.

And then seasons come on and everyone plays their inferior game type.

butts
  • Options
    yeah I kind of hate the split player base

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    If I don't care about leaderboards and my gems are ranked up, is it still worthwhile farming GRifts? Or is it better to do Rifts so I get Death's Breath?

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I have a support barb that increases other peoples damage and walk speed, so with that character, we should be able to do it. I can just use my pushing or xp gear. I tried it with Dibby and we were able to get it down to 4 minutes with two players.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    honestly it comes down to fishing the rift for good density. and on tx, everybody should bring their A-game DPS. shouldn't need supports or anything.

• Options
    Finding a group to do the TX in 3 minute quest is impossible. I'm really worried because that is the last quest I need to finish to complete the seasonal journey.

Yeah I need this achievement as well. I have a nicely geared Uliana's Monk, I've cleared up to GR58, I'm definitely capable of DOIN THE DEEPS

But it's damn hard solo. Even duo.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    so the cheevo is to clear a TX rift in three minutes?

• Options
    from start to talking to the guy the close the rift in under 3, if I recall correctly

• Options
    Zek wrote: »
    If I don't care about leaderboards and my gems are ranked up, is it still worthwhile farming GRifts? Or is it better to do Rifts so I get Death's Breath?

It kind of depends what you want to get out your time, or if you get bored of one of them.

Grifts usually seem a bit better for legendaries, and are definitely better for XP and blood shards.

Rifts are good for when you want a very specific weapon, or even jewelry/class item, and need death breath to fish for it.

• Options
    e4wcqev3d3ia.jpg

Thank you so much Tom and Naphtali. This makes me very happy.

• Options
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    I'm at 5/7 for the final part of the season journey. Gott 'a clear a TX rift in 3 minutes or less and get two more gems to 60 or whatever it is for the other one.

I'm going to try to finish it this weekend so if you see me on and either want to help or want some help on your own season journey, even if you're just starting it, let me know. Other than finishing those two final pieces of the journey I've got all I want out of this season so I'm happy to help people finish theirs when I'm in D3.

• Options
    like for mr bartz, add me on bnet and ping me, I'll get on to help with TX or w/e when I'm available

• Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    1A6hf4p.jpg

Hooray!

Nice. Carnevil or Helltooth?

• Options
    looks like helltooth-zombie bears

• Options
    Helltooth with bears.

I find Carnevil way too fragile to push past 60.

The damage on Carn is a bit nicer, but with the density you need for 60+ grifts it's too easy to catch a stray attack that will one-shot you. As it is my Helltooth setup gets 70-100m toughness with some good healing while my Carn setup is generally 12-15m toughness and barely any healing.

• Options
    Can't really post details on mobile, but next ptr patch is being datamined

Looks like good news for wiz absorbs, Tal's dmg and QoL, and Roland's damage reduction.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Galvanizing Ward getting buffed to 70%, pinch me I'm dreaming. Holy fuck that's a good passive now. Diamond Skin getting buffed to 40%, and the Crystal Shell rune getting buffed to 80%.

Attacks increase your damage by [{VALUE1}*100]% for 8 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. At 4 stacks, each different elemental attack extends the duration by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 8 seconds.
    HELLO TAL RASHA BUFF

Your Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, and Ray of Frost also cast one of your other damaging Arcane Power Spenders every second.
    Nerfed down to one instead of all. Yeah, wasn't gonna last. Oh well, still pretty good!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    It was always one instead of all, the notes just didn't reflect reality. A shame, but understandable.

That Tal's change is really just excellent.

Edit: Considering the text of the new Tal's bonus carefully, it sounds like you'll stack to 8, get an 8 second duration, then you can do another cycle to extend the duration 8 seconds, then it will all fall off. So now, assuming you're still casting everything, you've got a 16 second duration instead of a 6 second one. That's really nice for peace of mind.

Rius on
  • Options
    How did you not mention this?
    Point of No Return : Enemies that enter or leave the Slow Time area are stunned for 3 5 seconds.

That's a monstrous stun.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Much love for Wizards. Mm.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Not sure what the best answer for LoN is. Like, at 100% per ancient, it's actually still better than the new Tal's (+1300% as opposed to +1200%). But then you bring FnR into it and FnR fucks everything up to a hilarious degree.

e: Well, no, obviously what should happen is that FnR's bonus should get whacked and rolled into a shallow grave because 125% more damage is goofballs and that's the reason most high grift builds use it. But that's not happening because people would lose their fucking shit.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Yeah, I keep trying to work a LoN build for Wizards, but I can't see it competing. I was thinking it would be good for toughness, but even Endless Walk is probably better since you can use halo and unity(solo anyways). I'm thinking the LoN percentage might have to be on a per class basis. Maybe?

And is there a good grifting Woh build? I can mash together some fun easy farming with it. If I was less lazy I would test some more things.

• Options
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19941042/patch-240-ptr-patch-notes-11-11-2015

New PTR patch up, changes in red. Some interesting stuff:
    Fixed an issue that caused Meteor - Star Pact to gain the damage bonus for spending Arcane Power when automatically cast by Tal Rasha's (2) Set Bonus, or Etched Sigil
    booooo

Band of Hollow Whispers
    The duration of the Haunt cast by this item has been increased
    This item will now cast Haunt more often
    The cast range of this item has been increased
    Note: These changes will apply retroactively to existing items
    Interesting, but I don't think it changes anything for Jade WDs...

The Tall Man's Finger
    The damage bonus the single Zombie Dog is granted has been tripled
    This change will apply retroactively to existing items
    Also neat.

Oculus Ring
    No longer rolls with guaranteed Attack Speed, Reduced Damage from Elites, or Resistance to All Elements
    Now rolls with a guaranteed socket
    Bonus damage increased from 30-40% to 70-85%
    The damage bonus provided by this item is now multiplicative with other sources of damage
    The damage bonus provided by this item no longer stacks with overlapping zones
    Damage zone now spawns at a random location near the monster that was killed
    The chance to summon a zone is now 100%
    Suuuuper interesting. Even better for ZDPS specs as well as being a potentially very good ring for Followers.

Roland's Legacy
    (6) Set Bonus
    Attack speed bonus increased from 30% to 50%
    Each stack now also reduces damage taken by 10%
    Duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds
    Huge. HUGE. (new effects in Bold, the attack speed buff was old)

Wizard
    Ashnagarr's Blood Ring
    Increase the potency of your shields by 75-100%
    WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa

Delsere's Magnum Opus
    (4) Set Bonus
    Has been redesigned
    You take 50% reduced damage while inside your Slow Time. Allies gain half this benefit
    I, uh... oof. This is kinda, hmm. It's a good effect, but it DESTROYS Del'Rasha builds. Fuck.

DNiDlnb.png
This discussion has been closed.