As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Destiny: The Taken King. Like The Lion King, but with less regicide.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh, right those are helpful. If you're short on marks, you can get 15 per day from the first public event you do on each character.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I bought a MG from the vanguard quarter master just now actually. I'm mostly just bummed that drop rates on large upgrades seems so much lower this whole expansion. I keep popping open engrams and getting motes or low level artifacts and when I do get an upgrade it is one of two LL higher.

Also 15 legendary marks a day might help. I really only play my titan so I can't do much in the way of all three characters.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    You can get 100 legendary marks per week just from playing the heroic story missions, which are going to be a struggle at your light level but if you can play with someone else who can carry you through that'd help.

Also I know you said that you don't like the Archon's forge but if you can get a group going in there it's a really good way to farm engrams and gear.

Peen on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I'm kinda happy with no carry over. I want a fresh start.

People who played the fuck out of Destiny shouldn't get some sort of advantage in Destiny 2 other than familiarity.

And I say this as someone who played the fuck out of Destiny 1.

My big hope was that not being tied to Destiny 1 stuff would allow them to go a little wilder with their changes

That hasn't seemed to bear out, unfortunately

Yeah if this is how the game looks now, there's absolutely no reason my character should have forgotten how to do the Thriller

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If you aren't connected to the light you can't do the Thriller, you aren't worthy.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    https://youtu.be/D8E7jUjOQi0

The Destiny 2 beta is in July

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45950/7_Destiny-2-Invades-E3

Destiny 2 BETA

July 18: PlayStation 4 Pre-Order BETA

July 19: Xbox One Pre-Order BETA

July 21: Open BETA for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

July 23: Console BETA End-date

Late August: PC BETA

Destiny 2 LAUNCH

September 6: PS4 and Xbox One

October 24: PC

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    4K 60 FPS gameplay from Nvidia:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LsvPVk5eH4

holy moly

• Options
    Hey

So the beta starts tomorrow on PS4

• Options
    Hey

I hope it is cool. What time does it start?

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Hey

I hope it is cool. What time does it start?

10 AM PST/1 PM EST for preorders only.

The beta for Xbox preorders is the day after, same time. Then on the 21st it opens up for anyone who wants to download it, and ends on the 23rd.

• Options
    Ok, I bought this

Or I'm pre-ordered this

"600mb" "install"

11.1 fucking gig "transferring game content" actually, fuck you

• Options
    Ok, I bought this

Or I'm pre-ordered this

"600mb" "install"

11.1 fucking gig "transferring game content" actually, fuck you

It's so weird, it's just one download on Xbone. Dunno why it does that on PS4.

• Options
    This is fun. I wish there was more though.

• Options
    The crucible is fun

I'm very rusty

I haven't played Destiny since year 1

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    the Crucible was like opposite fun for me

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Unless there is iron banner loot to be obtained, the crucible can eat it

I did this story mission and it was alright? It was destiny. The cabal are still lame but I guess we will see how that goes in the main game

• Options
    Control is very different with four players instead of six

I'm so awful with hand cannons now, fuck

The Last Word and Hawkmoon and a weird purple one with Hawkmoon's luck in the chamber but with five shots were my go to guns back in the day

It feels good to be back

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    It still controls well and I enjoy it, but I wish there was more to do. Oh well, September 8th I guess

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I got a PS4 a couple days ago with a few games, then found Destiny 1 for $10 at Half Price Books so figured why not.

This game plays pretty well you guys. I don't mean to be dropping hot takes left and right but I think it's kinda fun.

I hate that there's no "always off" helmet option though. Fuck verisimilitude I don't care i'm on the moon or that i'm mostly in first person.

E: Also when I was wandering around whatever the base is called I heard Shooreh Aghdashloo off in the distance and hunted around until I located the character. That alone gives it a big :+1:

Aistan on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    The crucible is fun

I'm very rusty

I haven't played Destiny since year 1

I like how pvp in destiny 2 isn't going to be dominated by snipers and shotguns

I mean, I really liked running around with shotguns but I understand it drove people crazy. The all snipers all the time meta actually made me stop playing destiny though.

Two primaries + power weapon is a good system

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Single player seems to have been taken out behind the shack to accommodate for better crucible balance though.

• Options
    Really? I've been enjoying the strike.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Severely limiting your power weapon ammo and ability use makes sense in PvP and is really unsatisfying in PvE.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    They've already said there'll be more power ammo in pve in the full game-

Also there'll be gear and mods to reduce cooldowns for abilities

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I really hope

the campaign part of the game isn't you getting your light powers back til the final mission

it would be kind of weird to just be shooter guy for most of the game

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I really hope

the campaign part of the game isn't you getting your light powers back til the final mission

it would be kind of weird to just be shooter guy for most of the game

There's no way

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I'm pretty sure the whole thing is you're supposed to be the only one that didn't lose their light stuff, or got it back real quick

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    you had the light the whole time

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    the light was the friends you made along the way

• Options
    from the official synopsis
    "Scattered and powerless, the Guardians must acquire new powers to face Ghaul and the Red Legion, and venture to new worlds in the Destiny universe."

There's going to be some other source of power you learn to draw from I'll bet
    this will likely have consequences

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    "Scattered and powerless, the Guardians must acquire new powers to face Ghaul and the Red Legion, and venture to new worlds in the Destiny universe."

The consequences will be incredible new powers. See the Penny Arcade from Monday.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

You lose your light, but somehow you manage to get it back, I think. Off the top of my head I know I've seen a trailer that had Zavala remarking that since you got your light back, other guardians might be able to as well.

cB557 on
  • Options
    Uuuuugh. So I guess if I want to see the rest of the story on Earth I have to group up with people. That kinda sucks.

There is matchmaking but the one time it matched me with one person they showed up after I had already started it and just stood at the entrance doing nothing.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    Uuuuugh. So I guess if I want to see the rest of the story on Earth I have to group up with people. That kinda sucks.

There is matchmaking but the one time it matched me with one person they showed up after I had already started it and just stood at the entrance doing nothing.
    It's not the next mission in the story, it's a strike later in the game. I think the normal MMO term for what it is would be a dungeon? It's not really main story content, but it is fun, and you don't have to coordinate too much with the other people and odds are they won't have mics.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Strikes are just as important as missions to the story, especially in Taken King. You'll be grouped with a team, but it's basically just more guns to help you out. No need to talk or use incredible team work. Just revive them if they die and they'll do the same for you.

• Options
  • Options
    Did more missions on the moon because there's no one doing the Earth strike and I can't do it on my own.

This game plays really, really well. It's kind of a ton of fun. I think I can understand why people were so disappointed with the lack of a story, since the gameplay is brilliant.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    Did more missions on the moon because there's no one doing the Earth strike and I can't do it on my own.

This game plays really, really well. It's kind of a ton of fun. I think I can understand why people were so disappointed with the lack of a story, since the gameplay is brilliant.
    Ohhhh, you're playing Destiny 1, not the Destiny 2 beta. Ignore my response to your question earlier.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Kind of curious why our undead space sociopaths don't just, you know, drop like a puppet with cut strings when the necromantic space magic animating their husks is pulled from them.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Kind of curious why our undead space sociopaths don't just, you know, drop like a puppet with cut strings when the necromantic space magic animating their husks is pulled from them.
    Presumably once the light restores us to life, all our bits are in the right places and working properly on their own.

This discussion has been closed.