Options

The [Superhero] fun train has no brakes!

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I mean

That guy can get fucked so
    What did the Jl8 guy do, I hadn't heard?
    Unsolicited dick pics. And some people took issue with him doing pictures for the Boston Bombing (that it was done more for self promoting than for the sake of charity). If it were just one or the other he'd maybe be fine, but they happened around the same time and generally convinced people of his scumminess.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    DC has uncancelled The Omega Men, deciding to honor their initial promise of a 12 issue minimum for its DC You titles.

I mean that's cool

But I bet that makes the Creative teams of the other books that got cancelled before hitting 12 issues feel nice

Basically don't talk about how you're being honest and keeping your word when you're only doing it for a single book and not across the board like you actually promised

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I mean

That guy can get fucked so
    What did the Jl8 guy do, I hadn't heard?
    Unsolicited dick pics. And some people took issue with him doing pictures for the Boston Bombing (that it was done more for self promoting than for the sake of charity). If it were just one or the other he'd maybe be fine, but they happened around the same time and generally convinced people of his scumminess.

I'm pretty sure showing people his donger unsolicited would have been pretty not-fine regardless of other accompanying circumstances.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Eh, other creators have managed to do ok.

• Options
    Alonso was asked about Luke Cage showing up in ANAD Marvel and replied "I could tell you...or you could wait just a little bit longer."

So yeah Luke Cage and/or Defenders series launching in January probably

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Hahaha

Sebastian Stan on Zack Snyder calling Marvel's efforts like Ant-Man "flavor of the week"
    Yeah, I’m sitting here and I’m listening to you and I’m thinking, “Do I want to fire some shots at DC right now, at Zack Snyder?” I read some of those comments where he said something about Batman and Superman, I can’t remember where I read that, somewhere… Something about, “It’s not going to be your flavor-of-the-week Ant-Man.” And I was like, “Oh thanks, Zack. That’s great. Way to do something original.” But I would say we’re still making something very original in our own way. I mean, the Russos are coming in and taking something people are used to and they’re shaping it up and changing it in a very different way. They’re not trying to mimic a better Christopher Nolan movie or something like that.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Awwww shiiiiiit

Solid burn Sebastian Stan

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Winter Scoldier

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Figures the Winter Soldier would be the one with the ice fucking burns

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hahaha

Sebastian Stan on Zack Snyder calling Marvel's efforts like Ant-Man "flavor of the week"
    Yeah, I’m sitting here and I’m listening to you and I’m thinking, “Do I want to fire some shots at DC right now, at Zack Snyder?” I read some of those comments where he said something about Batman and Superman, I can’t remember where I read that, somewhere… Something about, “It’s not going to be your flavor-of-the-week Ant-Man.” And I was like, “Oh thanks, Zack. That’s great. Way to do something original.” But I would say we’re still making something very original in our own way. I mean, the Russos are coming in and taking something people are used to and they’re shaping it up and changing it in a very different way. They’re not trying to mimic a better Christopher Nolan movie or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psXJBWuaO14&ab_channel=RoarinThunder

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Apparently Mockingbird was in that Amazing Spider-Man preview because she is one of Peter Parker's 2 bodyguards, who probably know he's Spider-Man but he needs to keep around for plausible deniability Ala Daredevil and Luke/Jess in Bendis' run.

The other one is "Spidey" but it wasn't clear if Camuncolli was making a joke in the interview as he says the person under the mask will be a huge reveal in, #1 so either Peter is just doing the old Iron Man routine or he has someone running around as Spider-Man protecting him while he has to do Peter Parker things

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Apparently Mockingbird was in that Amazing Spider-Man preview because she is one of Peter Parker's 2 bodyguards, who probably know he's Spider-Man but he needs to keep around for plausible deniability Ala Daredevil and Luke/Jess in Bendis' run.

The other one is "Spidey" but it wasn't clear if Camuncolli was making a joke in the interview as he says the person under the mask will be a huge reveal in, #1 so either Peter is just doing the old Iron Man routine or he has someone running around as Spider-Man protecting him while he has to do Peter Parker things

Didn't we already know that Parker was pulling a Stark from the first review?

• Options
    Fuuuuuck yes my TOTALLY NOT IRON FIST hoodie arrived

It appears to be really well made and also super warm

And proving they really don't give a fuck on the interior of the jacket besides one of the zippers there is a small Iron Fist logo and "I am the Iron Fist. I hold back the storm, when nothing else can."

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

It probably isn't, but what if it's
    Spider-Ock, getting his shot at redemption, and under the watch of Pete, I want Spock back, and would love him back with Parker there to react to it,

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Didn't we already know that Parker was pulling a Stark from the first review?
    They mentioned that Spider-Man is his bodyguard, I'm not sure if they confirmed Peter was under the mask.

Peter is definitely Spider-Man still but it seems like he might have someone filling in for him when he he has business things

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

It probably isn't, but what if it's
    Spider-Ock, getting his shot at redemption, and under the watch of Pete, I want Spock back, and would love him back with Parker there to react to it,
    I'm still waiting for the payoff on the line he set up in Spider-Verse. Other stuff that got setup there is getting a payoff with the team of web warriors getting their own comic, so I have reason to believe that Superior isn't done with 616 yet.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Fuuuuuck yes my TOTALLY NOT IRON FIST hoodie arrived

It appears to be really well made and also super warm

And proving they really don't give a fuck on the interior of the jacket besides one of the zippers there is a small Iron Fist logo and "I am the Iron Fist. I hold back the storm, when nothing else can."

Oh hey I should go check my mail huh

EDIT: Yup, sadly they couldn't fit it in my mailbox, so I guess I'll pick it up from the rent office tomorrow morning.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    It's also made of

Well I don't know what the material is called

But whatever they use to make tracksuits?

Shiny and kinda smooth and whatnot

Which is definitely fitting for a Bruce Lee-esque Iron Fist hoodie

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Thor fought head to head against a guy with an infinity stone

To be fair, isn't Reality supposed to be the weakest one unless it's used in conjunction with the other stones?

Traditionally, Reality is the most powerful one. (Or at least the most destructive) It's just also the hardest to control without the other gems.

After the Infinity Gauntlet affair, the gems were split up and given one each to members of the Infinity Watch. The reality gem was given to
    Thanos, because not even Thanos was dumb enough to use it on his own.
    Thor's a god

Not according to Odin in the MCU. :)

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    DC has uncancelled The Omega Men, deciding to honor their initial promise of a 12 issue minimum for its DC You titles.

I mean that's cool

But I bet that makes the Creative teams of the other books that got cancelled before hitting 12 issues feel nice

Basically don't talk about how you're being honest and keeping your word when you're only doing it for a single book and not across the board like you actually promised

The only other DCYou books getting canceled are Doomed and Green Lantern: Lost Army

Doomed is a Scott Lobdell book, so no one cares, and Cullen Bunn already said he hopes to finish the GL story in a mini or something. While it sucks he doesn't get to do it like normal, I wouldn't be surprised if another GL book pops up

• Options
    I though the new Lobo also got cancelled?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

To be fair, isn't Reality supposed to be the weakest one unless it's used in conjunction with the other stones?

Traditionally, Reality is the most powerful one. (Or at least the most destructive) It's just also the hardest to control without the other gems.

After the Infinity Gauntlet affair, the gems were split up and given one each to members of the Infinity Watch. The reality gem was given to
    Thor's a god

odin is an old man, and a fool

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Thor's a god

no u

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Thor's a god

Now you're being rude, and Odin hates rude people.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    ryven wrote: »
    what about goku

In Hackmaster he's a wizard. He created such spells as "Kachirut's" Kinetic Strike, Exploding Palm and of course, Kachirut's White Lance, which is a max level spell that does exactly what you'd think.

http://www.kenzerco.com/free_files/planners/M-U/Magic-user_Spell_List.pdf
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Has anyone ever beaten the Hulk by just getting Bruce banner so high he can't get mad?

I know in Exiles Hulk was happy to just hang out in the forest with some deer and squirrels. They were sent to that world just to fight the Hulk and started getting irritated after he didn't show up for like a week.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    odin can eat my shorts!!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    odin can eat my shorts!!

With his Odinfork?

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

Thor's a god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEs4lUlqc6I

• Options
    Keith wrote: »

I mean that's cool

The only other DCYou books getting canceled are Doomed and Green Lantern: Lost Army

Doomed is a Scott Lobdell book, so no one cares, and Cullen Bunn already said he hopes to finish the GL story in a mini or something. While it sucks he doesn't get to do it like normal, I wouldn't be surprised if another GL book pops up
    I mean Doomed probably sucks yeah

But I think it's bullshit that they are going WE ARE KEEPING OUR WORD when they're actually just doing it because they cancelled a book some people are really really vocal about and aren't keeping their word with other titles

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    New Avengers preview (no text)
    New-Avengers-1-Preview-1-30043.jpg

Dear god, Sunspot. What happened to your hands?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2015
    Sorry if someone posted this already and I missed it. It's pretty wild:

http://www.gq.com/story/keegan-michael-key-related-to-comics-legend
    During an appearance last month on Pete Holmes' You Made It Weird podcast, Key discusses his sister's attempts to trace their family genealogy and his discovery of his biological father. During the conversation, he brings up the two half-brothers he found out he had—both of whom died in their 40s, one of them at age 49 in 2011 due to complications with, as Key put it, "heart stuff."

He describes that brother like so: "My one brother worked for DC Comics. He worked for DC Comics and Marvel Comics and he was in charge of a department, of an animation department ... for bringing characters of color on screen."

Key never mentions his half-brother's name (although he jokes with host Pete Holmes that it was "Blade"), but with the details given, it's easy to connect the dots and, like Bleeding Cool's Rich Johnston, infer that Key's half-brother was Dwayne McDuffie.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    New Avengers preview (no text)
    New-Avengers-1-Preview-1-30043.jpg

Dear god, Sunspot. What happened to your hands?

Christ alive! You could strangle a horse with those things!

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Yaoi hands

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    You know, Marvel could always add Hyperion to the movie universe and have him be all the things the DC movie universe Superman is not.

And he and Thor could be BFFs.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Oh my fucking lord

Frank Cho is sending Robbi Rodriguez a gift basket

Inside is:

A Book on How to Draw Beautiful Women (to "help him draw better"), Autographed
    A English Grammar for Dummies book to "improve your grammar skills beyond the second grade".
    And a bottle of Preparation H.

For his hurt butt.

Every time I think Cho can't get worse he just finds a new low

What a childish, horrible person

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh my fucking lord

Frank Cho is sending Robbi Rodriguez a gift basket

Inside is:

A Book on How to Draw Beautiful Women (to "help him draw better"), Autographed
    A English Grammar for Dummies book to "improve your grammar skills beyond the second grade".
    And a bottle of Preparation H.

For his hurt butt.

Every time I think Cho can't get worse he just finds a new low

What a childish, horrible person

Frank Cho is an attention monger; stop feeding his ego by talking about him.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    man I wish somebody would sit down with Frank Cho and tell him he's way too old to act like a fourteen year old

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    That's a pretty great way to throw heat back at someone.

It wasn't a basket of fish heads.

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »
    That's a pretty great way to throw heat back at someone.

It wasn't a basket of fish heads.
    No its not

It is a stupid petty gesture that entirely misses why everyone, Rodriguez included, is pissed at him

It ain't great at all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I've met Cho at a few cons and he seemed cool enough.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
This discussion has been closed.