As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] No, the League hasn't run out of new and creative ways to be terrible.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Is there any way to set a "do not draft" list or something so that I don't even try to grab any of those?

yeah, go to draft-> predraft rankings->edit pre-draft rankings (do not draft on the left)

would probably be easiest if everybody did this

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    OK Dynasty Warriors! Our draft is currently set for TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY THE NINTH, AT 9:30 PM EDT! BE THERE OR TELL ME A DIFFERENT DAY/TIME AND WE'LL SEE IF WE CAN ACCOMMODATE YOU

who's gonna get lu bu

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Xehalus wrote: »
    On Thursday, when the defending Superbowl XLIX champion New England Patriots host the Pittsburgh Steelers to open the 2015 football season, each player will be equipped with a set of RFID sensors about the size of a quarter embedded in his shoulder pads, each emitting unique radio frequencies. Gillette Stadium (and every other stadium used by the NFL) has been equipped with 20 receivers to pick up those radio frequencies and pinpoint every player's field position, speed, distance traveled and acceleration in real time.

By using two sensors for each player — one embedded in the left shoulder pad and one on the right — the system will also be able to identify the facing of each player.

The NFL plans to use the data generated to power the NFL 2015 app for Xbox One and Windows 10, allowing for things like "Next Gen Replay" that will allow fans to call up stats for each player tied into highlight clips posted on the app. But that's just the beginning. The data will be fed to broadcasters, leveraged for in-stadium displays and provided to coaching staff and players.

"We've always had these traditional NFL stats," says Matt Swensson, senior director of Emerging Products and Technology at the NFL. "The league has been very interested in trying to broaden that and bring new statistics to the fans. Along the way, there's been more realization about how the data can be leveraged to make workflow more efficient around the game."

"This type of initiative really opens the doors to do more things at the venue," Swensson adds. "At the Pro Bowl last year, we had a display up that showed what players were on the field. By putting up what players were on the field in real time, it really gave fans more information."

And yet, the league refuses to add four more cameras per stadium on either side of each goal line.

Fawst on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Because that doesn't make them money, silly.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    simo wrote: »
    would it be easier to do an offline draft? if i'm guessing correctly on the number of keepers it's going to be a very quick draft

my worry would be if there are any autodrafters at all those guys are gonna get taken

I'm not 100% how an offline draft would even work but unless it's all pre-set (keepers programmed in, along with dnd list), I'd rather just do it on yahoo.
    Is there any way to set a "do not draft" list or something so that I don't even try to grab any of those?

yeah, go to draft-> predraft rankings->edit pre-draft rankings (do not draft on the left)

Ah thank you. And yes everybody should do this.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Highlights are on deadspin, for a tl;dr version, but goddamn goodell and the pats are scumbag shitheels. Basically the whole deflategate kerfuffle is a makeup call for how spygate was a joke, and the pats cheating was way worse than presented, and people were literally stomping on tapes in a secret room in the pats facility that contained damning evidence. Oh happy day!

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    this is the greatest birthday present ever

• Options
    nothing substantiated in there is at all new

why is it that these former players/coaches are unwilling to make accusations on the record? christ this isn't watergate, do they really need to be anonymous?

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular

why is it that these former players/coaches are unwilling to make accusations on the record? christ this isn't watergate, do they really need to be anonymous?

Because coming out against a former employer, on the record, tends to be bad for your future employment prospects. Even if future employers are clean, they tend to distrust whistleblowers. Kind of universal..

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    That's right, nobody draft Boobie Dixon....he's all mine. You can have Moore tho.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    would it be easier to do an offline draft? if i'm guessing correctly on the number of keepers it's going to be a very quick draft

my worry would be if there are any autodrafters at all those guys are gonna get taken

I'm not 100% how an offline draft would even work but unless it's all pre-set (keepers programmed in, along with dnd list), I'd rather just do it on yahoo.

Ah thank you. And yes everybody should do this.

the commissioner can slot in players for anyone, so if you choose to do an offline draft we would literally just go in a circle and state which players we take on like a google doc or whatever. and then later i would tell the system who owned who.

• Options

Are Mike Martz's comments anonymous?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »

Because coming out against a former employer, on the record, tends to be bad for your future employment prospects. Even if future employers are clean, they tend to distrust whistleblowers. Kind of universal..

if other owners are still mad about spygate to the extent that they force goodell to manufacture a 5 million dollar "makeup" investigation that suspends tom brady 4 games and takes way 2 more draft picks i'm sure they would have welcomed anyone who offered real hard testimony to some of this stuff (like swiping play sheets)

also this goes back to 2000, a lot of these guys are well out of the league

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »

getting other teams to buy in to the punishment was dumb as hell, but that's on the league

frankly i think a first rounder and a $750,000 fine for videotaping signals from the wrong place is enough punishment, but i'm biased

i'm more concerned with the allegations of swiping play sheets and raiding hotels and such, all of which are off the record accusations

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Don't forget jamming signals on third downs for the coaches and players' radios!

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options

getting other teams to buy in to the punishment was dumb as hell, but that's on the league

frankly i think a first rounder and a $750,000 fine for videotaping signals from the wrong place is enough punishment, but i'm biased

i'm more concerned with the allegations of swiping play sheets and raiding hotels and such, all of which are off the record accusations

Probably because they involve people that are still employed in football and/or don't want to go on Kraft's shit list which is totally understandable.

• Options
    man that article is super long and basically says nothing. it seems like espn trying to cover themselves for being so pro-goodell and completely missing why it was so important to overturn the ruling, which the article spends a sentence on in the thousands of words, and tries to paint Brady in as evil a light as possible.

i don't even care about the patriots but the fixation with trying to make them evil is so boring. goodell was incredibly out of line and any measure taken to fuck him is a good thing.

• Options

Probably because they involve people that are still employed in football and/or don't want to go on Kraft's shit list which is totally understandable.

i would think all of this deflategate stuff would give lie to the fact that kraft wields any substantial amount of power over other owners, never mind the pre-deflategate mentality that he acts as some sort of shadow commissioner

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    man that article is super long and basically says nothing. it seems like espn trying to cover themselves for being so pro-goodell and completely missing why it was so important to overturn the ruling, which the article spends a sentence on in the thousands of words, and tries to paint Brady in as evil a light as possible.

i don't even care about the patriots but the fixation with trying to make them evil is so boring. goodell was incredibly out of line and any measure taken to fuck him is a good thing.

By Brady do you mean Belichick? When I read it he came off as the primary villain to me.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Isn't there a way that I could select my keepers right now? Or are we doing that during the draft?

I confused.

• Options
    lostwords wrote: »
    Don't forget jamming signals on third downs for the coaches and players' radios!

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/2573/robert-griffin-iii-helmet

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3035449

that's the most common allegation in the books, and has basically been lobbed against every team

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Isn't there a way that I could select my keepers right now? Or are we doing that during the draft?

I confused.

Should I screenshot my roster now, in case something goes horribly wrong?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Videotaping signals during a game was and is completely legal.

It's filming from the wrong place that's in violation of the rules. Nothing was against the rules in what was filmed.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options

By Brady do you mean Belichick? When I read it he came off as the primary villain to me.

The end of the article fixates on Brady and his rings.

• Options
    edited September 2015

I confused.

Everyone should be selecting keepers right now. We are currently doing an online draft. Simo was just suggesting an alternative.

The only person with a weird situation is cabezone. If you are not cabezone, select your keepers and show up to he draft ready to pick your players for your open slots. During the draft, don't select players from the list I posted.

Langly on
  • Options

I confused.

Everyone should be selecting keepers right now. We are currently doing an online draft. Simo was just suggesting an alternative.

The only person with a weird situation is cabezone. If you are not cabezone, select your keepers and show up to he draft ready to pick your players for your open slots. During the draft, don't select players from the list I posted.

How? Shouldn't there be an option in Yahoo? I don't see one anywhere.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I guess the only issue is what if cabezone doesn't want a player. Why keep it on the do not draft list.

Have him select which of that turd pile he actually wants to keep now so we don't have a list of 20 when we could have a list of like 5.

Imo

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

I confused.

Have you tried the Keeper button?

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Bill Bellichek fucking owns

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I'd rather the owner of my favorite sports team direct their evil towards winning games (allegedly) than toward building a new shitty stadium in a completely different city designed to maximum guaranteed revenue streams rather than, you know provide a good football experience, then run the coach and half the team out of town to save a buck.

• Options
    i'm guessing the only reason the patriots were unable to beat the giants is because coughlin telegrams all his playcalls

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Angry wrote: »

I confused.

Have you tried the Keeper button?

Shit...I didn't realize it was a tab I had to select at the top, I thought there would have just been some check boxes on the roster page.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Bill Bellichek fucking owns

No, no,

Bill Billichek fucking coaches

Robert Kraft fucking owns.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I still don't understand why people think Spygate gave the pats some giant advantage. Those people are doing the signals right on the sideline, you can see them from your sideline. It's not a huge fucking secret.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I was pro-brady until he came out as a trump supporter and now I am solidly fuck brady

deflategate was still bullshit though

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Man

when it thinks you didn't draft well, the Yahoo Draft Results algorithm is kind of an asshole

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    yeah if brady is actually a trump supporter that's more damning than anything the patriots have ever been accused of

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    @Langly Like before, if we could push it back like 15 minutes that's fine for me. Otherwise I can make it but I'll miss the first round.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Bill Bellichek

Big Boss

Coincidence?

• Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I still don't understand why people think Spygate gave the pats some giant advantage. Those people are doing the signals right on the sideline, you can see them from your sideline. It's not a huge fucking secret.

If their methods didn't provide any sort of advantage why did they dedicate so much effort and manpower to it and if we know it wasn't that damning of evidence why was all of it destroyed?

This will never EVER go away completely because Goodell destroyed the tapes. It was a decision that never made sense and has haunted the league throughout his administration. Pats fans and Belichick supporters can scoff at crazy conspiracy theories all they want but the chummy relationship between Goodell and Kraft grants all the motive you need for a cover-up and the sky is the limit for what was actually violated because Goodell senselessly ordered everything to be shot into the sun.

This discussion has been closed.