As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] No, the League hasn't run out of new and creative ways to be terrible.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Backdoor cover, noooooooo

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    At this rate Chris Berman is going to end the season by proposing to Tom Brady.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Bill might need to chill out

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Are there any gifs out there of the Indy play? I'm in Japan so anywhere with actual highlights is region blocked...

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Bill might need to chill out

simmons is usually about 95% incoherent whenever he tries to talk about boston sports. it's why his basketball opinions are generally bad.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So I know during the last super bowl there were a lot of people saying that the play that led to the game winning interception was actually logical.

So what's no 'no you guys it actually made sense' version for this?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    In the postgame presser Luck pretended the play never happened and moved on. Wouldn't be shocked if he just ignores TV and Internet for the next month

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    So I know during the last super bowl there were a lot of people saying that the play that led to the game winning interception was actually logical.

Belichick used his hypnotic dance moves to make the Colts player snap the ball.

http://www.gfycat.com/DimpledTemptingAldabratortoise#

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

The Colts thought the Patriots would admire their nerve and front them the first down.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Belichick used his hypnotic dance moves to make the Colts player snap the ball.

http://www.gfycat.com/DimpledTemptingAldabratortoise#

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    i've watched that play about 10 times and i still don't understand the objective. are they trying to get the patriots to jump? obviously wasn't supposed to be snapped but i still don't get it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I think that has to be it, some sort of trick play intended to confuse the Patriots and/or get them to do something stupid, drawing a penalty--which makes it all the dumber. Granted, it's a short season, which often means weird results where great teams do stupid things that mess up their stats for the season, but you don't try to run obvious trick plays against a team coached by Belichick. I don't like him much, but in general he's too good a coach for his teams to fall for shit like that.

• Options
    in this case, the trick is on whichever poor bastard ended up with a football in his hands i guess.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    CRqWRFEXAAAOREn.jpg

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i've watched that play about 10 times and i still don't understand the objective. are they trying to get the patriots to jump? obviously wasn't supposed to be snapped but i still don't get it.

from Pagano:
    "The whole idea there was on fourth-and-3 or less, we shift to an alignment to where we could catch them misaligned," Pagano said. "They tried to sub some people in. Catch them with more men on the field -- 12 men on the field. And if you get a certain look, you have three (or) two yards to make a play.

"We shifted over and I didn't do a good enough job coaching it during the week. Alignment wise, we weren't lined up correctly and we had a communication breakdown between the quarterback and snapper. That's on me."

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    why not have a real center snapping the ball?

what exactly does griff whalen snapping it get you? it's not like he's eligible

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    simo wrote: »

Wasn't supposed to snap it at all. That play was supposed to either draw a penalty from the defense or you call a timeout.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »

Wasn't supposed to snap it at all. That play was supposed to either draw a penalty from the defense or you call a timeout.

i know he wasn't supposed to snap it in that specific situation, but clearly from pagano's comments there is at least the possibility that they run something there

and if there were literally no circumstances you'd want to snap it, that's even more of a reason to have a real center there, somebody used to that situation and communicating in that situation

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I feel like trick plays are only worth it if you absolutely need the gamble to succeed in order to win, and you need to drill them relentlessly so the players can do them perfectly every time.

Neither of those was the case here, so...

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

i know he wasn't supposed to snap it in that specific situation, but clearly from pagano's comments there is at least the possibility that they run something there

and if there were literally no circumstances you'd want to snap it, that's even more of a reason to have a real center there, somebody used to that situation and communicating in that situation

Fair points that I agree with but I would still say are completely besides the point. He never should have called it to begin with (this is New England, they are arguably the most prepared and disciplined team in the league) and it was painfully obvious to everyone watching that his own players were confused while the defense wasn't at all. If he calls time out he can play it off as "yeah we tried to get cute but it didn't work out" but instead they threw a game that they still very much could have won.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    That deserves an awesome...but Golden Tate.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Fair points that I agree with but I would still say are completely besides the point. He never should have called it to begin with (this is New England, they are arguably the most prepared and disciplined team in the league) and it was painfully obvious to everyone watching that his own players were confused while the defense wasn't at all. If he calls time out he can play it off as "yeah we tried to get cute but it didn't work out" but instead they threw a game that they still very much could have won.

Agreed, it smacks more of him wanting to be able to say he outwitted Bellichek on a play than putting his team in a position to win.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Agreed, it smacks more of him wanting to be able to say he outwitted Bellichek on a play than putting his team in a position to win.

I wouldn't go that far. Pagano's head has (a bit unfairly) been on the chopping block since the middle of last season. It smells more of desperation to me than anything else.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    you know I think rex ryan made the bills defense worse

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    It got lost in everything else yesterday, but what happened to Arizona?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    It got lost in everything else yesterday, but what happened to Arizona?

They forgot that there's more football after halftime, and Pittsburgh's third stringer came out and scored touchdowns.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Hopefully John Brown finally had his breakout game I've been waiting for all year.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I am super nervous about this game tonight.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    it should be a high scoring game

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    I only need 33 points from Murray to win in fantasy.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It feels good for the Giants to be in a position where I feel nervous. Last couple of seasons they've been basically done by now it felt like.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    this game feels like it could be really close or a blowout in either direction

• Options
    Now that is an opening drive!

This discussion has been closed.