Options

Fitness and Weight Management

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    oh god I just had such a reminder of why you don't skip leg days

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Also I'll put a plug in for thighs and drumsticks. They're a little fattier but you can account for that in your overall calories; the benefits are they're 100% more forgiving to cook, stay moist regardless, and taste better. Plus they're hells of cheaper than breasts.

heck yeah, I just had 4 drums and two thighs last night for dinner. pollo guisado is easily my favorite dish (and the name of my chocobo in ff14)

my wife makes a mean adobo too, another favorite when i want drums/thighs

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Not the same thing but Goya's Adobo seasoning is good on everything.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    here's a thing I found on youtube: the world's strongest man has to eat 12,000 calories a day to continue being the world's strongest man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQEJyjKTH9g

It's clear this guy is a Big Dude, but it didn't really hit me until I saw him tower over his refrigerator

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Excellent. Just bloody great.

My stupid dumb idiot ego got in the way of any common sense today and I decided to squat while I was
    1. exhausted
    2. rushed
    3. not warmed up

So I got to my fourth set and something popped in my lower back.

This is going to be a super fun next few days.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    TheStig wrote: »
    here's a thing I found on youtube: the world's strongest man has to eat 12,000 calories a day to continue being the world's strongest man

It's clear this guy is a Big Dude, but it didn't really hit me until I saw him tower over his refrigerator

This is a really interesting video and he seems like a really nice guy who loves what he does.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »

This is a really interesting video and he seems like a really nice guy who loves what he does.

I think his 3rd or 4th meal (the pasta with beef) is the total amount of calories I eat on a gym day.

He's fucking incredible.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm mostly wondering how many bowl movements he has per day.
    Or is it like, all one big dump.
    Does he have to pause mid dump to flush to make room in the bowl?

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Also I'll put a plug in for thighs and drumsticks. They're a little fattier but you can account for that in your overall calories; the benefits are they're 100% more forgiving to cook, stay moist regardless, and taste better. Plus they're hells of cheaper than breasts.

I've done a few rotisserie chickens lately, they are pretty cheap from the grocery store. Get about 2 meals from it, and a shit ton of protein. I'm pretty sure it isn't the healthiest prep method but fuck is it delicious

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Probably 3-5 times a day.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I never considered that.

I have a friend who hits the gym hard. Every day for 1-3 classes.

He told me he eats 3-4000 calories a day and needs the loo 4 times at least.

• Options
    Are weightlifters prone to hemorrhoids with how often they need to dump?

• Options
    I used to throw out three pretty good ones a day when I was bulking. No problem with piles.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

If you're going to be eating 10+ pounds of food in a day, you probably want to be sure to get plenty of fibre and drink lots of fluids too, but otherwise it should just be like pooping normally, only much more often than someone only eating 2 pounds of food.

• Options
    Remember to always poop at work. Pooping at home is stealing money from yourself.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular

It's more dependent on how long you're on the toilet per visit compared to how often. Also, diet and hydration. Plus, whether they're bracing incorrectly.

Some people say it's inevitable, I say it's preventable, at the very least manageable if you have a flare-up.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Remember to always poop at work. Pooping at home is stealing money from yourself.

Both in time and in the cost of toilet paper.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'd rather shit at home than work because I have superior toilet paper. And there are critical hours of the day where I can't up and leave for a dump at work.

• Options
    hemerrhoids are pretty much an invention of the sitting toilet so you can completely avoid them if that were to be a concern

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    hemerrhoids are pretty much an invention of the sitting toilet so you can completely avoid them if that were to be a concern

My doctor told me mine were caused by stress, but they went away after my divorce

• Options
    Every time I take a poop that isn't on The Man's time I punch myself in the dick.

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    "They make a dollar
    I make a dime
    That's why I shit on company time"
    - Plumber's adage

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    weekends must be painful for you.

Didn't you work from home for a while tube? Did you ever submit expense reports for TP?

• Options
    weekends must be painful for you.

Didn't you work from home for a while tube? Did you ever submit expense reports for TP?

I work from home right now too. My undercarriage is a real car crash.

• Options
    You can make it work though, just make you use the mute function dilligently during meetings.

• Options
    I make a point of using the loo at work where possible.

Outside of lunchbreaks too.

K-dog needs to get paid

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Brussel sprouts and chicken can be suuuuper easily just cooked up in a cast iron skillet. Like, stupidly easy. and that is one of my default meals when I'm determined to cook something but too lazy to think of anything. In that case, chicken thighs with the skin on the bottom are perfect and don't really need to be prepped.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    NewblarNewblar Registered User regular
    Brocolli is awesome. More vitamin C than oranges. For those that don't like broccoli you can probably get by on a 50g serving which is actually quite small. I eat a lot of fruit and I'm trying to switch more of it to vegetables as it's often better nutrients for way less calories.

I'm having trouble handling chicken lately. I bought the precooked ones too many weeks in a row and it's made me kind of sick of it. Now I kind of want to hurl if I eat chicken that doesn't have its flavour disguised by something else.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    This thread is making me miss my ability to buy Costco's rotisserie chicken.

e: and I guess bulk packs of toilet paper

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    ehh peppers are good for vitamin C too and it's not like vitamin C is difficult to get anyway, people are far more likely to be deficient in the other ones. spinach is my go to ultra healthy vegetable since it's like the second best vetegable for you? I've never tried kale

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    ehh peppers are good for vitamin C too and it's not like vitamin C is difficult to get anyway, people are far more likely to be deficient in the other ones. spinach is my go to ultra healthy vegetable since it's like the second best vetegable for you? I've never tried kale

Kale, imo, sucks and tastes terrible. But I throw it in my egg scrambles frequently in the morning because I'm throwing hot sauce on that and scarfing it in a rush anyway, so I can load it in and barely taste it. I get kale from a co-op garden thingy, though, so I need to eat it somehow or it'll go bad.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Kale, imo, sucks and tastes terrible. But I throw it in my egg scrambles frequently in the morning because I'm throwing hot sauce on that and scarfing it in a rush anyway, so I can load it in and barely taste it. I get kale from a co-op garden thingy, though, so I need to eat it somehow or it'll go bad.

See, I'd swap kale and spinach in Darkwolfe's take and be perfectly fine. Kale is ok. It's a leafy green, it's a little peppery, and makes for a fine salad or sandwich addition.

Spinach is from the devil's butthole.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    @Tube and others. What's your take on sumo vs conventional deadlift?

• Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    @Tube and others. What's your take on sumo vs conventional deadlift?

Well I wouldn't eat either of them.

• Options
    Ashaman42 wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    tube and others. What's your take on sumo vs conventional deadlift?

Well I wouldn't eat either of them.

Sumo is apparently easier to eat

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Totally depends on your leverages. The form isn't analogous just with your feet in different places, there are real cuing and mechanical differences, so do your homework when you pick one to make sure you're doing it right. I'd say do the one that feels better most of the time and do the other one once you've learned to do the first one properly and then do it sometimes as an accessory. Or don't, whatever, but keep doing your squats.

• Options
    99% of people can conventional deadlift. Sumo is fine. Do either one and you'll be alright.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty out of shape. I joined crossfit.
    ::dieing::

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Slowly been trying to increase my lift strength as I begin weight training. I started out at around 130 on the bench and have already improved to 140.

My goal is about 200-230ish. Not sure how long that'll take though.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Totally depends on your leverages. The form isn't analogous just with your feet in different places, there are real cuing and mechanical differences, so do your homework when you pick one to make sure you're doing it right. I'd say do the one that feels better most of the time and do the other one once you've learned to do the first one properly and then do it sometimes as an accessory. Or don't, whatever, but keep doing your squats.

I did both today

and I like both

This discussion has been closed.