Options

MGSV: a logo creation program with a stealth minigame attached

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I thought it was only glass piercing. I haven't tried it on a helmet.
    It smashes lights and punches through truck windscreens.
    Does it work against riot armor?
    I only got it yesterday and customised it with a double silencer.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    That's tranq gun only penetrates glass, not helmets. It is very disappointing.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Well, it does what it says on the tin "glass piercing", yknow. I didn't expect it to.

However if you want to know what did disappoint me. So far logical combinations of items and such have produced pleasing outcomes.

Unfortunately the infinity bandanna doesn't apply to dwalkers fulton cannon.

I was crushed.

It does make silencers infinite though.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if the AP silenced pistol will penetrate the glass faceshield on armored enemies.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Me too. Also can it break radios and pop tires?
    These are questions I didn't have a chance to answer yesterday.

I've decided to save all the optional objectives I have no yet completed until I've S ranked all the normal missions.
    So I can raiden suit them all and have a ball.

So once I've S ranked every mission.
    So long Quiet. *salute*

Morninglord on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    there's also a helmet piercing tranq gun but it's all the way at the end of the upgrade tree

Those cost so much to deploy though. I had to go picking flowers for an hour because I didn't notice at first and ran out

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Combat deployments are a really good source of those items. I've got no chance of wearing it out and I have taken all nonlethal for 90% of missions.

Can you buy them with PF points? Btw Renzo thanks for pointing that out, I immediately bought 20000 fuel and could upgrade two more sections of my fob.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I've been attempting episode 22 intermittently for the better of a week.

• Options
    I've been attempting episode 22 intermittently for the better of a week.

Use the box. And sleep grenades.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Combat deployments are a really good source of those items. I've got no chance of wearing it out and I have taken all nonlethal for 90% of missions.

Can you buy them with PF points? Btw Renzo thanks for pointing that out, I immediately bought 20000 fuel and could upgrade two more sections of my fob.

well, I got sleep grenades with me, plus an underbarrel sleep grenade launcher on my death dispenser. the lvl 4 tranq pistol does it for me most of the time. The FOB soldiers don't even seem to have face shields? They wore the battle dress, not the npc armor suits

e: disappointed that there's no "BATTLEFIELD" for the emblem. I wanted to do "LOVE [rose picture] BATTLEFIELD". A labored callback, sure, but I wanted to do it anyway

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Oh I mentioned this in G&T, I was playing around with the stun arm aoe.
    You can charge and fire it while crawling.
    It has ~40m radius around you.
    It works on enemies inside buildings and also if you are inside a building. I used a building to get really close to a group by walking into the corner and then everybody outside had a lightning nap.
    It's completely silent.
    Or at least, an enemy 43 meters away did not hear lightning fall from the sky and obliterate all his friends, one of which was about 8-9 m away from him at the time, and didn't hear Snake's scream.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I have never used the box

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I grabbed one of them and made him tell me where everybody else is. Made the rest of the mission really easy.

I had a fob defense with a really sneaky dude. I would run to where my guys were sleeping, and he was never there. He was wearing the sneaking suit, so I couldn't see him with NVG.
    Finally I realised he was going to beat me on pure sneaking because he was really good at misdirection, so I went back to the objective he was trying to get to and waited. Caught him coming up the stairs.
    Felt kinda bad but GET OFF MY LAWN *grenade launcher spam*

Morninglord on
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I find it both ridiculous and hilarious that the Hand of Jehuty does not trigger an alert, just a mild curiosity from soldiers even talking to the victim. Just chatting about the new helmet delivery and suddenly POOF "Oh wait, where did my comrade go? I'm shining my flashlight where he was, and he's not actually there. Oh well, I guess I just imagined him exis-" POOF

• Options
    edited September 2015

There's your problem. I might be biased though.
    It works on enemies inside buildings and also if you are inside a building. I used a building to get really close to a group by walking into the corner and then everybody outside had a lightning nap.
    It's completely silent.
    Or at least, an enemy 43 meters away did not hear lightning fall from the sky and obliterate all his friends, one of which was about 8-9 m away from him at the time, and didn't hear Snake's scream.

It hits everything in a 50m radius (couldn't hit stuff >50m, started hitting at about 49). It's really handy for super fast outpost capturing.
    e: I really wish the Hand of Jehuty had 30m range instead of 20

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I wonder if the enemy ever gets tired of hearing how their convoys of helmets and body armor keep getting raided.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    el_vicio wrote: »

There's your problem. I might be biased though.
    It's completely silent.

It hits everything in a 50m radius (couldn't hit stuff >50m, started hitting at about 49). It's really handy for super fast outpost capturing.
    e: I really wish the Hand of Jehuty had 30m range instead of 20

I thought I clearly saw it miss a guy at 43m.
    Next time I'll test it specifically, I might have misread the number.

• Options
    It's possible, I want to say I had a weird miss as well, but I had consistent success as long as its not >50m

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I bowed out of this thread at the end of August.

I have returned, having beating MGS V!

I...I have a lot of thoughts.

Maybe later tonight I'll get to write them out.

I will say, though, reading through this entire thread, I somehow managed to beat the game, and miss about a gazillion cool weapons and tactics.

Going into Metal Gear blind is such a fun, amazing experience. Coming back out of the hole to see what the community has come up with almost makes it feel like a brand new game again.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Also I was practising sneaking with Dwalker in stealth drive mode. You can get as close as 40m at night, then they swap to instant detection. Also you can sneak up right behind them without them hearing dwalker at all. Sneak and SURPRISE ROBOT SLAM.
    Also CQC with Dwalker will stop from full speed instantly.
    I got spotted by the last guy in an outpost, engaged full speed, and Dwalker smashed straight through a gun emplacement, some sandbags, and grabbed the guy, in about a second.
    So....it might be possible to sneak up to 39m and cover that distance within reflex at full speed. He also stuns anyone you charge through.
    Regardless its dead easy to knock em unconscious with the pistols that close.
    His search mode has a huge range, something like 120m.
    I haven't tried his intercept mode yet.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I tried the intercept thing. It COULD have been cool, but he only uses his secondary weapon. No gatling gun mayhem. And he remains static.

I really want to like him, but for as much as it costs to equip and deploy him, I just don't find him very useful

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Ever since I started selling surplus raw resources I don't need I have never had a money problem again.
    I have problems with accepting rewards because I have maxed out the cap.
    I have to randomly select a bunch of items to develop just to get my rewards.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Intercept mode is mega lame, the auto-marking head is way better

• Options
    Seriously, sell your resources. You've got millions just sitting there you don't need. Just don't sell all of it. Keep a reserve.

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »

It is, but the dog does basically the same thing for less resources, lends itself more to a stealthy approach, etc.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited September 2015
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

It is, but the dog does basically the same thing for less resources, lends itself more to a stealthy approach, etc.

Right but dwalker is also a vehicle and fire support.
    He's a jack of all trades.
    Naturally he will never come out on top in a min max comparison for any one area.

I believe in him, and will continue practising with him. I want to learn to take out entire bases with him.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    D-Walkers primary function is flying down the road into an outpost at 60mph and blasting shocked dudes with a flamethrower in slow motion

• Options
    I enjoyed rolling up on people in stealth mode and unloading on 'em, drive-by style, for sure

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I really like sneaking up on dudes, cqcing them, picking them up, and ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM two hundred meters away down the road to fulton them.

• Options
    Well, there's a cool upgrade for that
    the fulton catapult arm for D-Walker

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I'm missing a lot of things
    I don't get cqc
    I don't know how to use the box

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I don't get cqc

Douglas, try to remember the basics of CQC

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I don't get cqc
    Practice CQC against your dudes on Mother Base. Tapping the button WITHOUT pushing the stick in any direction hits someone, keep tapping it for a knockout combo. Tapping the button while moving triggers a knockout throw. Holding the button makes you grab 'em. From there, you can interrogate and choke them out.

Not much more to it. Oh okay, if you start hitting a dude and hold the aim button, you disarm and hold them up. I go tap-tap hold aim, works like a a charm.

As far as the box goes, well you've come to the right place (TACTICAL BOX COMMANDOS).
    You can use the box in all stances, even sprint with it. If you sprint and dive, you glide quite a distance on it, superfun on hills.

When you're crouchwalking and a guard spots the box and comes over, you can eject with the dive button, likewise you crawl out slowly if you use the dive button while prone.

The easiest way to employ box tactics: put a horizontal poster on it (waifu Paz or the glamour model with the rose), crawl with it till a dude spots you, wait for him to come over. He'll drop his gear and gawk at the box. This is where you hit the aim button to pop out of the box and hold the fucker up. Rinse and repeat.

It IS safer, however, to crawl out of the box while the soldier(s) are en route to the box and hold them up from behind, because sometimes dudes refuse, and it's difficult to emergency-CQC them when you're standing 3m away, planted firmly into your box.

The box is life, the box is light. All hail the box.

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited September 2015
    You can get dudes to investigate the box, then pop out of the box when they put their hand on it. It'll knock them on their ass and you can hold them up on the ground.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    I was also reading this threaf, and someone was talking about it being no thing at all to CQC 8 enemies

you can chain up to 5 CQC slams/throws in a row by hitting the attack button again while performing a slam/throw; each hit in the chain gets successively more powerful. if you have trouble with the timing on that, there's a CQC prompt onscreen while performing a slam/throw, provided that there's another enemy in melee range. even if they aren't in range to chain takedowns together like that, CQC is relatively quiet, and takedowns performed from a chokehold are completely silent. you could use CQC to knock out a guard without his buddy who's like five meters away realizing that anything happened, then move on to do the same to the buddy, and then his buddy, etc.

keep in mind that CQC only performs a slam/throw if you tilt the stick to move while you hit the attack button; otherwise, it'll be a grab if you hold the button down, or a punch/kick combo if you hit the button repeatedly. the punch/kick combo can perform up to hit 5 hits if it connects, and again, each hit is successively more powerful; the fifth hit will knock out any regular human, and will also knock off their helmet if they're wearing one. also, knocking a dude out from a CQC grab works faster (and, IIRC, has a longer knockout duration) if you press the button repeatedly while choking them out.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    also, if you're in the free roam and not on a mission, you can use the box as fast travel to any delivery point, provided that you've already picked up the box delivery invoice at the destination.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Going through stuff I missed, I have to say:

REAL ENDGAME SPOILERS AND MEDICAL PLATFORM SPOILERS
    Why the fuck is this Paz stuff hidden away in a totally missable side area!?

I have a feeling this is proving to Venom he's kinda nuts, or his horn is messing him up, but it also could be incredibly fucked up real medical stuff, I'm not sure yet.

Either way - I understand Kojima wanting to hide this away, but give me SOME quest on the medical platform that would even sort of guide me over here. Quiet was over here and I visited her every now and then, but I wasnt going to visit the 2nd floor for no reason.

Since the end comes some completely randomly out of nowhere, this sidequest would have been a nice little ramp up to the "What is real and what is going on!?" that the ending tried for.

Reeeeeally poor decision to make something so integral to Venom's state of mind so missable.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I found a way to get infinite fuel.

Seriously you can get 7500 every 2 minutes. Mission 12 location spoilers.
    You need the wormhole Fulton. Play mission 12, and at the start, turn around and go into the cave. Take out the 2 guards, then extract the containers. Then go get the Intel from the upper platform. That triggers a save. Then hit restart level. Everything is saved and the containers respawn, so you can do it over and over again. You also get 500 precious metal and some minor metal every time too.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Going through stuff I missed, I have to say:

REAL ENDGAME SPOILERS AND MEDICAL PLATFORM SPOILERS
    Why the fuck is this Paz stuff hidden away in a totally missable side area!?

I have a feeling this is proving to Venom he's kinda nuts, or his horn is messing him up, but it also could be incredibly fucked up real medical stuff, I'm not sure yet.

Either way - I understand Kojima wanting to hide this away, but give me SOME quest on the medical platform that would even sort of guide me over here. Quiet was over here and I visited her every now and then, but I wasnt going to visit the 2nd floor for no reason.

Since the end comes some completely randomly out of nowhere, this sidequest would have been a nice little ramp up to the "What is real and what is going on!?" that the ending tried for.

Reeeeeally poor decision to make something so integral to Venom's state of mind so missable.
    It's an easter egg. A reward for explorers, but not essential.

• Options
    Whoa
    Thanks, everyone

This discussion has been closed.