As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I had good fun last night playing Forced with @Petesalzl. Thanks a lot man. Sadly we couldn't harry controls to work for @Stabbity Style because that would have been even better. Looks like I have more time to play tonight. Kind of feel like slaughtering hordes of orks as a Smurf Marine but I'm game for anything. If anyone feels like playing something and sees me online, hit me up.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I come back from getting my touch of malice exotic in Destiny to be greeted by @Antoshka sending me something neat. Thanks!

fL3nQ43.png

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    KoopahTroopah do donations need to be in before the stream or can they still made during the stream?

Also can I opt out of the prize raffle?

Yes, and yes. I'll leave donations open until a day or two after the stream is over to get any stragglers, and if you wanna be too classy for your breeches you can opt out of the raffles if you'd like.

Thank you for doing this. I love the way this community operates.

If we want to opt-out of the raffle after our donation, do we just PM you?

Dude, thanks a ton. I just got it. I'll keep you off the raffles, but totally awesome of you. Thanks again.

Edit - Also! Ash sent me a bunch of games to give out to donators. I got Block N Load, two copies of Reflex, Nidhogg, and Guns of Icarus Collector's edition if any of the people who donate want them. @HallowedFaith lemme know if you want any of those.

I'm good brother, it's all about the children. I look forward to watching your event!

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So I had to move today. This is where I ended up:

4716107630.png

I can pay an extra $20 for 2.5x faster speed for the month. I'll have the PC through tomorrow and then I'm storing it so I'll actually have it when I leave here. This month is going to suck.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I am not very good at Sine Mora

• Options

4716107630.png

I can pay an extra $20 for 2.5x faster speed for the month. I'll have the PC through tomorrow and then I'm storing it so I'll actually have it when I leave here. This month is going to suck.

Holy crap. Is that normal for Time Warner near such a major populace?

• Options
    So I haven't played very many city builders (mostly in the vein of the old Caesar games).

Are there any city builders where you start at a low technological state (like, horse and buggy, or even earlier - medieval, etc) and you have to deal with the needs of the time (foot traffic, etc) and then deal with the years progressing onward (industrial revolution and pollution, then automobiles, then getting steel and plastics and such)? Instead of "planning" the city from the start with commercial residential, etc - building a city based off the needs of the time, then as a new time arises, needing to deal with the needs of THAT time within the constraints of what you already have?

• Options

4716107630.png

Wow. Wooooow.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

4716107630.png

Thanks for making me feel better about my 7(5.5)mbps!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So I haven't played very many city builders (mostly in the vein of the old Caesar games).

Are there any city builders where you start at a low technological state (like, horse and buggy, or even earlier - medieval, etc) and you have to deal with the needs of the time (foot traffic, etc) and then deal with the years progressing onward (industrial revolution and pollution, then automobiles, then getting steel and plastics and such)? Instead of "planning" the city from the start with commercial residential, etc - building a city based off the needs of the time, then as a new time arises, needing to deal with the needs of THAT time within the constraints of what you already have?

That sounds amazing. I need to know the answer to this question as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

4716107630.png

Wow. Wooooow.

Truly, the US is a shining example for forward thinking infrastructure and technology.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Xeddicus wrote: »

4716107630.png

Thanks for making feel better about my 7(5.5)mbps!

I'm Mr. Meeseeks! Look at me!

With his connection, it's gonna be another week before he can see your post. :P

HallowedFaith on
  • Options

4716107630.png

Wow. Wooooow.

Truly, the US is a shining example for forward thinking infrastructure and technology.

>_>

<_<
    4716180926.png
    I should run this from my work sometime

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Tropico 5 might be the closest thing to that, but even that seems way shallower than what you're imagining, with not very many eras.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Alright doing my mini-pre-stream (I hope this keeps up, I like showing small snippets of smaller games) starting at 5:30 PDT (<10 minutes).

This week's mini-stream is Expand provided by the very classy @Antoshka

My Twitch Stream

This will be followed by a small break and my weekly two hour Dark Souls 2 stream. Full of rage and sadness.

Changing gears, I also need an Assault Android Cactus badge ready for the next Winter Gale. Willing to trade any of my cards 1-1 (or 2-1 depending).

Any of my cards are up for trade bar Dungeons 2 except Skeleton and Orc which I have dupes of.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Tropico 5 might be the closest thing to that, but even that seems way shallower than what you're imagining, with not very many eras.

And on the opposite side there's Civ5, where you have all those eras and evolution but the city building aspect is very shallow.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Assault Android Cactus update: Gods, Starch is a beast. Also, Medulla's second form, and the faux-Vespula fight...i hate them so much.

Borderlands Pre-sequel update: i really should follow the MST3k mantra, but this has been bugging the heck out of me. Fluff spoilers to follow.
    So... Lil, Rollie, and Mox Boobs (tap for 1 point of sexual innuendo)...okay, i can buy their betrayal, and even accept that it was the best course of action. Even without the fact that Jack is a smirking asrehole, and Hyperion not being significantly different than any other mega-corp in the setting (something even Roland points out when you ask them to sign on), something as powerful as the Eye should probably not be in anyone's hands; especially not if it's going to be in geosynchronous orbit around your homeworld.

i also get that the story is shackled a bit, because we need a reason for Jack to have such a mad-on for the BL1 Vault Hunters in BL2.

Still...just a few hours before, max, they get a good look at how spiteful, petty, and paranoid Jack can be, when he dumps the scientists out the airlock just because he suspects one of them of being a traitor. So...when you go and bust his pretty toy, did you really think it'd be a good idea to not only come right out and declare yourselves to be stabbing him in the back, but to also rub his face in it? Really? The guy who you just helped build a replicating murderbot army, and who has the full backing of the currently biggest, most powerful weapons conglomerate behind him?

i mean...there's dumb, and there's unforgivably dumb. i so just wanted to reach through the screen, and smack 'm all upside the heads with a rolled up newspaper.

Now, the fact that this got such a rise out of me speaks alot to how much i do enjoy the series. Usually i'd just shrug and chalk it up to dumb characters being dumb.

Phew...glad i got that off my chest. On a more positive note, i really like how if you set someone on fire when you're in an oxygen bubble, they'll actually try to get out, so the lack of oxygen will snuff the fire. That's a really cool detail in the enemy AI.

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

4716107630.png

Holy crap. Is that normal for Time Warner near such a major populace?

It's intentionally choked. Either to spare bandwidth for every room here or to encourage people to pay for the upgrade.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    znQiuHn.png

Was watching @Karoz streaming Expand, explained that I played a bit of expand but constantly go back to GW2 because it owns my soul. He told me I should play more AAC instead. I said I didn't own it. That was apparently the wrong answer.

Thank you <3 I love bullet hells, this looks amazing.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Soo, I started playing Far Cry 4 today and...holy shit this game is gorgeous.

Also, Black Eagles can go to hell. Dive-bombing me for critical damage while I'm on an ATV lol. And then.. their dead corpse (after I SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE) attracts wolves in packs which attack me.

That's pretty damn awesome.

Edit: Holy shit, the fire spread in this game is unreal. I love how dangerous this world actually feels.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

4716107630.png

Yikes. When my wife first moved to the area where we are both now living, her only option for the few months at her temporary location was a version of AT&T's Uverse. The max speeds were roughly what you have her, and when she called to ask if this was normal, they said that it was the max speed for her location.

We have Comcast in the place we're in now, and I've actually never had internet this fast. I was surprised to actually have a good experience with them.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

4716107630.png

Yikes. When my wife first moved to the area where we are both now living, her only option for the few months at her temporary location was a version of AT&T's Uverse. The max speeds were roughly what you have her, and when she called to ask if this was normal, they said that it was the max speed for her location.

We have Comcast in the place we're in now, and I've actually never had internet this fast. I was surprised to actually have a good experience with them.

Just hope you never have to cancel.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I just finished Gravity Ghost and it was absolutely delightful! It's a peaceful, relaxing puzzle game where there's no real way to fail (unless you give up). You can't "die" or anything. You spend your time floating in space, moving around based on the gravity of the different types of planets while gathering stars, reuniting animal souls with their skeletons to unlock bits of story, and talking to the guardians/constellations about what is going on. It's fun, weird, and so, so gorgeous. The artwork and colors are really lovely. If any of that sounded remotely interesting, you really should consider picking it up! <3

A few screenshots:
    WKQv3bd.jpg
    rJ8uCQN.jpg
    4XgdFuC.jpg

In other news, steamgifts has been down all day, so I couldn't repost the Beginner's Guide giveaway as planned, nor can I figure out the winner. Hopefully it'll be up soon so I can send the game along to the winner!

Berylline on
  • Options
    Beat Sine Mora.

Good SHMUP. Just feels a little backward in that the amount of damage you do is proportional to the amount of damage you take, so the better you are, the easier the difficulty is. But not in the way you'd normally think.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

4716107630.png

Wow. Wooooow.

>_>

<_<
    4716180926.png
    I should run this from my work sometime

You should see what I got running from campus. CS departments have the best hookups.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Finished with the stream tonight. Made some good progress in Dark Souls 2 though finishing up the wharf area.

For anyone interested in Expand but missed my stream of it here is the link to the video (skip to 5:30 to get to the action). It's a fun and intriguing puzzle game which really plays around with its setting. I was going to give it away tonight but no soul that didn't already have it would speak up. Ah well, gifting fodder for the future.

Karoz on
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

4716107630.png

Just hope you never have to cancel.

For all people bitch about Comcast, I've never personally had trouble cancelling with them (which I've done twice). Admittedly both times were a matter of "I'm moving, I don't need your service where I'm going." but overall, I had pretty reliable, decent, if a bit overpriced, service from them for most of thirteen years.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I grabbed Cities: Skylines while it's cheap. This seems like a pretty damn good city sim game so far. Though I can't for the life of me make straight roads...

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

4716107630.png

4716496890.png
    Holy shit, I did not expect you to be slower, you have my condolences.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Ohhhh boy, Fairy Fencer F at 55% off, $13.49.

How bad do I want some JRPG I know nothing about when I have no shortage of them to work through already?

Not very... but it's on sale.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Speaking of JRPGs, I wish they would just port Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon to PC so that I could own them on Steam and sell off my Xbox 360...

Everything else under the sun is coming to Steam, right?

In internet speed related news, I got a new modem to replace the one that comes with my Time Warner internet, and the difference is night and day. Steam downloads used to max out around 1mbps, and I'm getting about 7.1 mbps now. I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular

4716107630.png

4716496890.png
    Holy shit, I did not expect you to be slower, you have my condolences.

Surprisingly enough, internet in South Dakota is pretty fast, at least in this 110 year-old house where my game rig is connected by a hundred feet of CAT5E cable running from my 2nd floor office to the basement where the modem and cable hookups run.

4716575199.png
    (Obligatory quote: "Was that fast? I thought that was fast.")

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Lies, all lies!

2nv2riep6pg7.jpg

Thanks, Corrigan, for the gift on this not-day.

Edit: Noooooo! Also thank you, Antoshka!

lrqo7spn4qmt.jpg

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't know I was going to love Far Cry 4 this much.

The story is good and all that but the livelyness of the world, the danger, and the ai of the animals is really fucking good. Normally in games worlds can look pretty but are pretty void, this one actually feels dangerous and makes me pay soooo much more attention, even in the later hours. Love that about it.

I must say, Honey Badgers are nothing to screw with in this game. I put 3 arrows into the face of one and it didn't seem to phase it at all. It just bit the shit out of me.

In one scenario I was stealthing out on a roof trying to tag people up and when I turn around there is a Tiger just sitting behind in this half pounce stance. On the roof. A fucking Tiger, on the roof. Needless to say, he slapped the piss out of me.

10/10. Would get mauled again.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    See, I never saw one iota of fire propagation in all of the media. That was my jam in Far Cry 2 and something I would have been excited about.

edit: Any open world games where you use NPC's for human sacrifice? I thought about a certain game whose ending is always on blast on clickbait links at the bottom of sites and it got me thinking.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Please, there's nothing special about this procedure. But thank you for the concern, Destroyah.

dkwg1nsvw4x9.jpg

Edit: FUNGAL FOOT PROCEDURE!

Thank you, Reverse.

f5klhfq8tlx6.jpg

Edit: "Oh yeah we totally won't raise your rates since they hit you in a parking lot while you were away from your vehicle." Pfft. Thank you, Antoshka!

img2e6kmivrj.jpg

Edit: I mean, that's a weird song but thank you for the suggestion and gift, Quical!

l7et0lxptx9z.jpg

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    @Destroyah87 You're a monster....also I guess it was a graphical gltich that caused those white spots <_< >_>
    dgy5xhwxapm6.jpg

Thanks @Destroyah87 you monster.

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    So, I beat Expand tonight, good little game with some evil couple of levels, my desk took a few punches but thanks to the awesome and soothing music I managed to keep my controller in one piece. Clocked just over 2 hours and can be played in short sessions if anyone was wondering. But then I decided to thank @Antoshka again for the game... this was his response:

bnuAcUl.png

That's not how this is supposed to work!
    Thanks for the best Sim City experience around, been craving for some city building. <3

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Aw common @Antoshka! My spreadsheet is already unbalanced as it is!

AbxgBgm.jpg

Thanks for the Expand soundtrack! It really is good and how the game flows with the tune it is pretty superb.

I really do love video game music so if you're looking at my wishlist there are a number of OSTs I've wishlisted. This one didn't even make it that far. Some weird preemptive gifting going on here.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    So would you say this game is a stand-alone Expandsion?

This discussion has been closed.