As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News Gone Right v2 - take this bread and eat it, for OMG WE JUST BROKE THE LHC

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I thought he would shout "Winter is coming!" before running out.

Nah that's what he shouts when he finishes into his flesh light that he's wedged into some pillows with the picture of some cartoon girl pinned to it.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Normal news: Dairy Queen robbed at gunpoint.

This thread: Dairy Queen robbed at swordpoint.
    A robbery at a Port Huron, Michigan Dairy Queen has police searching for a robber armed with fucking Longclaw. Police say the man ordered a Blizzard, then as soon as the counterperson opened the cash register, he pulled out a “sword or machete,” grabbed the cash, and ran. OK, important question here: how exactly does one hide a sword? A sword tends to occupy a sizable area, not to mention immediately drawing one’s attention to its presence, because it’s a fucking sword. Was the nameless suburban ronin actually a master of hammerspace?

Police are still looking for the alleged Blizzburglar, described as a 6-foot-tall white guy in his mid-20’s wearing a black and blue parka, a black hoodie, and a gray scarf with skulls on it. If you see him and you happen to be a Highlander, do not approach: he has likely consumed more souls than you have in preparation for the Quickening.

We kinda had the reverse of this at my work a few years ago. Only guy in the store was the manager just cutting on the line, when a dude come in, with about a 6-7 inch blade, waves it at the manager on oven and says get over here and empty the till.

He instead reaches down to the line and lifts up the 3 foot GIANT pizza knife , looks at the guy trying to rob the place and just asks " Really?"

Guy just left.

Manager still regrets to this day not saying "That's not a knife.. THIS is a knife"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

A robbery at a Port Huron, Michigan Dairy Queen has police searching for a robber armed with fucking Longclaw. Police say the man ordered a Blizzard, then as soon as the counterperson opened the cash register, he pulled out a “sword or machete,” grabbed the cash, and ran. OK, important question here: how exactly does one hide a sword? A sword tends to occupy a sizable area, not to mention immediately drawing one’s attention to its presence, because it’s a fucking sword. Was the nameless suburban ronin actually a master of hammerspace?

Police are still looking for the alleged Blizzburglar, described as a 6-foot-tall white guy in his mid-20’s wearing a black and blue parka, a black hoodie, and a gray scarf with skulls on it. If you see him and you happen to be a Highlander, do not approach: he has likely consumed more souls than you have in preparation for the Quickening.

We kinda had the reverse of this at my work a few years ago. Only guy in the store was the manager just cutting on the line, when a dude come in, with about a 6-7 inch blade, waves it at the manager on oven and says get over here and empty the till.

He instead reaches down to the line and lifts up the 3 foot GIANT pizza knife , looks at the guy trying to rob the place and just asks " Really?"

Guy just left.

Manager still regrets to this day not saying "That's not a knife.. THIS is a knife"

There are only so many times in your life that the universe feeds you a line; take advantage of it, people!

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    That cat's facial expression says "Fuck you very much, I ain't moving".

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Guy just left.

There are only so many times in your life that the universe feeds you a line; take advantage of it, people!

"It's just been revoked."

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Edwards wonnnnn. Louisiana has a Democratic governor now.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Edwards wonnnnn. Louisiana has a Democratic governor now.

Gone right, i can see.
    But where's the bad news?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    It's still Louisiana.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Let's change the subject from Florida man or Texas man to something outside the U.S.

Like, Russian Sailor.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/russian-sailor-drank-half-litre-of-rum-before-running-aground-at-full-speed-leaking-25-tonnes-of-a6744161.html
    Russian sailor drinks half a litre of rum before crashing 7,000-ton ship at full speed into Scotland

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Let's change the subject from Florida man or Texas man to something outside the U.S.
    Like, Russian Sailor.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/russian-sailor-drank-half-litre-of-rum-before-running-aground-at-full-speed-leaking-25-tonnes-of-a6744161.html
    Russian sailor drinks half a litre of rum before crashing 7,000-ton ship at full speed into Scotland
    In "related and completely expected quotes" news...
    A DFDS spokesman said: "What happened on the ship was completely irresponsible. We have a very clear and very clearly communicated zero-tolerance alcohol policy which cannot be misunderstood.

"We have never seen an officer having violated the policy before and we have never before seen such negligence of our safety procedures.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Never? I find that hard to swallow.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    They never saw someone. Usually because they were drunk or were bribed. Or both.

• Options
    I choose to believe they meant that literally, and just never go aboard ships.

• Options

Like, Russian Sailor.

To be fair, he really thought that Scotland would blink first.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Totally stealing this from a post in SE++'s Interesting Thread.
    Zimbabwe's Mr Ugly competition winner branded too handsome, sparks riot.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I don't know if anyone else will enjoy this as much as I did, but here it goes:

Film-maker plots to force the British Board of Film Classification to watch 14 hours of paint drying
    The British Board of Film Classification (previously known as the British Board of Film Censors)... continues to censor and in some cases ban films, while UK law ensures that, in effect, a film cannot be released in British cinemas without a BBFC certificate...

Each certificate costs around £1000 for a feature film of average length...

...[W]hile filmmakers are required to pay the BBFC to certify their work, the BBFC are also required to sit through whatever we pay them to watch.

That’s why I’m Kickstarting a BBFC certificate for my new film Paint Drying - a single, unbroken shot of white paint drying on a brick wall.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Only 14 hours? Hell make it a trilogy.

• Options
    Should actually be editted with something obscene, briefly, at the 10-hour mark.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »

Film-maker plots to force the British Board of Film Classification to watch 14 hours of paint drying
    The British Board of Film Classification (previously known as the British Board of Film Censors)... continues to censor and in some cases ban films, while UK law ensures that, in effect, a film cannot be released in British cinemas without a BBFC certificate...

...[W]hile filmmakers are required to pay the BBFC to certify their work, the BBFC are also required to sit through whatever we pay them to watch.

That’s why I’m Kickstarting a BBFC certificate for my new film Paint Drying - a single, unbroken shot of white paint drying on a brick wall.

SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL!

• Options

"Watching trees grow"

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Polaritie wrote: »

"Watching trees grow"

You joke, but speed up the film to make the trees' growth perceptible to people and you'd have a better film than most of hollywood.

Veevee on
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

"Watching trees grow"

You joke, but speed up the film to make the trees' growth perceptible to people and you'd have a better film than most of hollywood.

no no, watching trees grow in real time, the point is that it isn't perceptible just very boring.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Like, Russian Sailor.

To be fair, the tartan colored signal system is confusing.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Dry Hard 2: Dry Harder

• Options
    It can be difficult at times to convince Facebook that the name you gave is in fact your name.

Especially if your name is Phuc Dat Bich.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    So, we haven't checked the spider desk in some time. Let's see...a massive half-mile long spider web is found in a Memphis neighborhood.

And that, folks, is why we don't check the spider desk that often.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

Dry Hard 2: Dry Harder

The Drying Game

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

Like, Russian Sailor.

To be fair, the tartan colored signal system is confusing.

To be fair, Scotland was also drunk.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Campbell's has a new ad! D'aawwwwww
    https://youtu.be/7rZOMY2sOnE

Bigots are mad. Thankfully, Target's former "social media rep" has come to the rescue!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Bigots are mad. Thankfully, Target's former "social media rep" has come to the rescue!

Adorable ad, bigots are mad, all's right with the world.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Adorable ad, bigots are mad, all's right with the world.

I read that bigots were mad before clicking play, saw a dad with a child of a different race, got excited.

Then other dad comes on camera, and I could feel the ire of a thousand bigots buttholes clench and it was glorious

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Masked Florida Man arrested for not robbing a store.

Yes, not robbing a store.

Florida Man just cannot win.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Two women being chased by an attacker. A car full of clowns. Breaking with horror movie plotlines, the clowns were the rescuers.

http://www.newser.com/story/216554/doo-doo-the-clown-saves-2-from-deranged-attacker.html
    Doo Doo, also known as Shane Farberman, tells CP24 that he didn't realize until later that the women must have found it "very bizarre" to have a clown in full make-up screaming at them, though they got in the car without hesitation. "I've been doing this for 32 years, so I forget that I'm in costume when I'm out there in between shows," he says.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Ay6rOZF.jpg

Even Weird Al knows how much the TSA sucks.

• Options
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Article is incomplete, I need to know what kind of cheese was used. I know it says cheddar, but is that a 3 year, 5 year, 10 year, or was it, god willing, a glorious 15 year or more aged cheddar?

Probably only a 3 year since it's a good mix of firm and soft for carving, but the Son of God deserves to be carved out of the best.

• Options
    If they didn't use Swiss, they done it wrong.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    If they didn't use Swiss, they done it wrong.

Wrong kind of hole-y there. Can't use Swiss cheese to carve a statue. Unless it's Bugsy Malone.

This discussion has been closed.