As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] 7 June - Mirror's Edge Catalyst | SteamWorld Heist | Odin Sphere | Sherlock TDD

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Less excited for Gone Home now.

I just finished getting the plat for Ether One and I realized that I find walking simulators about as fun as just sitting there staring at a blank tv. The idea of solving a bunch of 'puzzles' where half of them are guess work and the other half are boringly easy is not something that makes a fun game.

Please tell me Gone Home is better. :?

Fake Edit: I will say that the overall story was interesting if it wasn't crushed underneath a six hour slog with bad design.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I wouldn't even say that Gone Home has puzzles. It's about 1.5-3 hours long. Short and sweet.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm relatively sure the massively critically acclaimed Gone Home is better than the free Plus game they shit out a year ago that nobody heard of

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Glad to hear it, looking forward to it then. <3

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Yeah, while they're both in the same genre, they're really not the same kind of game.

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

i would say i'm right with you as far as not generally enjoying the genre. Then i played Gone Home. i'm still not a big fan of the genre; but damn if GH didn't hit a ton of buttons for me. It probably helps that the time period (mid-late '90s) was was my uni time, and the little sister's character is a near expy of my best friend at the time, but man...it stomped all the hell over my feels (and i mean that in the best possible way).

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Never heard of Wonder Boy, was hoping someone made a Tenacious D game.

They kind of did.

brutallegend-11.jpg?w=500&h=256

If only it was a good Tenacious D game.

I liked it. Good characters, good story, good gameplay; well, minus the stage battle stuff.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

They kind of did.

I liked it. Good characters, good story, good gameplay; well, minus the stage battle stuff.

Yeah, it was a pretty great game.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Man, there's no Dangerous Golf reviews anywhere. I wanna know if it's good!

Edit: IGN put up a review.

The reviewer claims the destruction novelty wears off quick, the camera isn't the best, and the physics can get wonky. I dunno, I'll probably still pick it up if it's decently priced.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Man, there's no Dangerous Golf reviews anywhere. I wanna know if it's good!

Edit: IGN put up a review.

The reviewer claims the destruction novelty wears off quick, the camera isn't the best, and the physics can get wonky. I dunno, I'll probably still pick it up if it's decently priced.

I've picked it up, their complaints about the camera are 'fairly' valid but if you use the slow down feature it matters a lot less. I'm really enjoying it up to now, if you're online and you're on my friends list (or want to add me), I'm happy to shareplay it. Won't really suffer any for a little lag.

THe only thing I don't like is it feels a little sterile. The environments don't really have any moving parts, it's not like the car crashes in Burnout, everything is pretty static. Also no replay mode that I can see so I can't observe the destruction from different angles. Also reloading a scene takes quite a while.

I don't feel like it was a bad use of £12 though.

:edit: I do have you, I'll try share playing it now given you're online. Off to bed but can leave the game on for a bit for you to try if you're about.

:edit2: Ah, given your name just popped up in the game I take it you bought it? :)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    So, trawling through the local used shop and i see that Destiny is a whopping 950yen; also that it has full English support, which is nice. Now...it's certainly not that i need another game, but...950... What's y'all's take on it?

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Is that like ten real money or something? If so, sounds like a good deal.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    So, trawling through the local used shop and i see that Destiny is a whopping 950yen; also that it has full English support, which is nice. Now...it's certainly not that i need another game, but...950... What's y'all's take on it?
    $10 or so is fine, but that's base Destiny, which is not at all what people have been fawning over for the last 9 months or so. It's worth it to give it a shot and see if it hooks you, but you basically won't be playing with any of the active community unless you get The Taken King. If you decide you like it, wait until you see the full comes-with-everything TTK Legendary Edition on sale digitally (as you won't find a used copy of TTK...all "physical" copies of TTK were base Destiny disc and digital codes for the DLC).

• Options
    $10 or so is fine, but that's base Destiny, which is not at all what people have been fawning over for the last 9 months or so. It's worth it to give it a shot and see if it hooks you, but you basically won't be playing with any of the active community unless you get The Taken King. If you decide you like it, wait until you see the full comes-with-everything TTK Legendary Edition on sale digitally (as you won't find a used copy of TTK...all "physical" copies of TTK were base Destiny disc and digital codes for the DLC).

Oh, that makes a lot more sense, then; i thought i'd heard a far amount of good things about it, was all. Still, once it gets to that range, the price isn't going to change all of a sudden, so i gues it can go on the back burner.

Thanks a lot for the heads up, Random!

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

It was fun at release. Now it's the worst kind of mmorpg bullshit.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

Oh, that makes a lot more sense, then; i thought i'd heard a far amount of good things about it, was all. Still, once it gets to that range, the price isn't going to change all of a sudden, so i gues it can go on the back burner.

Thanks a lot for the heads up, Random!
    No problem. For what it's worth, I played base Destiny at launch completely solo and still loved it, but it is definitely way more fun with friends and with the new content. The shooting mechanics are very solid, but there's just not as much content as you'd like without all of the expansions.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Open beta for Tomorrow Children this weekend. Free.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    X-Posting this from the Vita threads if you guys don't mind. :D

Super Robot Wars V. PS4/Vita. Releasing in English in Asia. I repeat, releasing in English. Officially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18otfdWJlLI

Series Included:
    Invincible Super Man Zambot 3
    Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3
    Mobile Suit Z Gundam
    Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counter Attack
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway’s Flash
    Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
    Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart
    Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: The Steel Seven
    Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny
    Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
    Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
    The Brave Express Might Gaine
    Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture – Prince of Darkness
    Getter Robo Armageddon
    Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!
    Shin Mazinger Zero vs The Dark Emperor
    Full Metal Panic!
    Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
    Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
    Full Metal Panic! Novel Version
    Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
    Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
    Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
    Space Battleship Yamato 2199
    Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon

Have we hit the Twilight Zone of Hopes and Dreams this generation yet?

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    "Series included" - what does that mean, mini games, references, chapters?

• Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Based on the trailer, it means 'characters and robots from'.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Giant Mecha SRPG Crossover. Mechas and characters from those series are directly represented.

• Options
    Holy cow, that is The Expendables of giant robot anime.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016

The whole series is. This is just going to be the first ever game in the long lasting series to finally be officially released in English*.
    *In Hong Kong and other parts of Asia

Edit: I like the Z series roster better. Hopefully the full V roster will be bigger than the list above and they just haven't revealed it all yet.
    Trider G7
    Tetsujin 28-Go
    Six God Combination Godmars
    Super Dimension Century Orguss
    Gundam
    Mobile Suit Z Gundam (UC)
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack (UC)
    New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (AC)
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (CE)
    Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer (AD)
    Aim For The Top! Gunbuster
    Macross
    Macross 7
    Macross Dynamite 7
    Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime
    Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa
    Getter Robo Armageddon
    Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen
    Dai-Guard
    The Big O
    Full Metal Panic!
    Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
    Dancouga
    Dancouga Nova
    Gurren Lagann
    Gurren Lagann The Movie: The Lights in the Sky are Stars
    Evangelion
    Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
    Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2

(DEBUT Series_
    Aquarion EVOL
    Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (UC)
    Armored Trooper Votoms
    Armored Trooper Votoms: Big Battle
    Armored Trooper VotomsArmored Trooper Votoms: The Brilliant Heretic

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

The whole series is. This is just going to be the first ever game in the long lasting series to finally be officially released in English*.
    *In Hong Kong and other parts of Asia

Edit: I like the Z series roster better. Hopefully the full V roster will be bigger than the list above and they just haven't revealed it all yet.
    Trider G7
    Tetsujin 28-Go
    Six God Combination Godmars
    Super Dimension Century Orguss
    Gundam
    Mobile Suit Z Gundam (UC)
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack (UC)
    New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (AC)
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (CE)
    Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer (AD)
    Aim For The Top! Gunbuster
    Macross
    Macross 7
    Macross Dynamite 7
    Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime
    Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa
    Getter Robo Armageddon
    Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen
    Dai-Guard
    The Big O
    Full Metal Panic!
    Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
    Dancouga
    Dancouga Nova
    Gurren Lagann
    Gurren Lagann The Movie: The Lights in the Sky are Stars
    Evangelion
    Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
    Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2

(DEBUT Series_
    Aquarion EVOL
    Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (UC)
    Armored Trooper Votoms
    Armored Trooper Votoms: Big Battle
    Armored Trooper VotomsArmored Trooper Votoms: The Brilliant Heretic

Goddamn... that's such a giant cancerous tumor of copyright hell for the West, you can see it from space!!

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    "It's not a tuu-mah!"

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    We got SRW OG I think on GBA several years ago. It was all original mechs, unlike this one. So this is the first "real" SRW in English.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Open beta for Tomorrow Children this weekend. Free.

Wow, I totally forgot this game existed, or at least what it was called. Game is weird as all hell, but also kinda interesting. Kinda like minecraft without the blocks, and also Godzillas that throw spirit bombs and are full of fabulous prizes.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    We got SRW OG I think on GBA several years ago. It was all original mechs, unlike this one. So this is the first "real" SRW in English.

Before this, the most recent English one was a fan-translation for J on the GBA.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    There's one for the DS that atlus released in the NA. It was also mostly original stuff, but had some crossover stuff too (I remember KOSMOS was in it).

Edit: Ignore that, I had a brain fart.

LD50 on
  • Options
    Has anyone else preordered (for the themes) or planning to buy Project Diva Future Tone for the PS4? It's a port of Arcade and has pretty much almost all the Project Diva and Project Mirai songs in it. 220 songs in total. Post-preorder it'll release in two budget installments separating the Diva (120) songs and Mirai (100) songs. ¥3,900 for either or a premium more expensive ¥8,424 for the full preorder + themes + a couple songs early.

There's been absolutely no announcement or talk of a localization yet unlike X for Vita/PS4 which has already been announced for localization long before it's even out in Japan.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Like three quarters are Gundam, Full Metal Panic and Evangelion. Disappointed.

They kind of did.

The endgame was the flattest fucking thing I've seen.
    They could have done a fullbore, proper "this playthrough is now over, maybe start another one if you want" ending, kick me to the main menu, finished.
    They could have done the old staple "now you're back before the final battle or something" rewinding ending.
    They could have just left stuff kind of flaccid, "drive around and do what you want"-style.
    But they did that last one, after leaving the whole gameworld barren and depopulated. There was nobody there anymore! I turned it off because I was getting worried about langoliers.

I liked the story a lot until it was extended via dumb '90s drama-twist. I don't even mind what came out of it, but it happened for like no reason. I thought Eddie would be too savvy for that.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Like three quarters are Gundam, Full Metal Panic and Evangelion. Disappointed.

Pretty sure the whole list hasn't been unveiled yet.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    PLA wrote: »
    The endgame was the flattest fucking thing I've seen.
    They could have done a fullbore, proper "this playthrough is now over, maybe start another one if you want" ending, kick me to the main menu, finished.

Every game should have a New Game + option that lets you replay with all the upgrades and gadgets you collected during the first play through.

Yes, Tomb Raider 2013, I'm still looking at you.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Beep boop The Drop.
    New Releases: June 7, 2016

Anima: Gate of Memories
    PS4 — Digital

Anima: Gate of Memories is a third-person action RPG that tells the story of two beings bound by an unwilling pact, a legendary monster, and a girl who lost her past.

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
    PS4, PS Vita — Digital (PS4 at Retail)

The budding alchemist Sophie of Kirchen Bell meets the Mysterious Book called Plachta and embarks on a wonderful adventure.

Broken Bots
    PS4 — Digital

Broken Bots is arcade-style multiplayer robot warfare where players dish out power-ups to teammates and glitches to foes. Customize weapons, passives, and skills then battle it out in Capture The Flag, Team Deathmatch and King Of The Hill.

Ducati — 90th Anniversary
    PS4 — Digital (Out 6/9)

From the creators of Ride comes a spinoff dedicated to the legendary Ducati brand! With 39 models in the game, you can thrash some of the most iconic bikes in history.

Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
    PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

Choose from more than 20 insane fighters as you battle for glory in the post apocalypse. New fighters, modes, and polished mechanics provide infinite ways to annihilate your rivals. Intense brawls, polished graphics, and massive amounts of content ensure the fight is never over!

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst raises the action-adventure bar through fluid, first-person action and immerses players in Faith’s origin story as she fights for freedom within the city of Glass.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
    PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

In Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, experience the world of Erion as it hurtles towards the end of days as warring kingdoms clash for control. Take control of the magnificently hand-rendered characters in this enchanted realm, filled with mythical beasts and gargantuan monsters.

Paragon Essentials Edition
    PS4 — Retail

Paragon is the MOBA from Epic Games that puts you in the fight with explosive action, direct third-person control and deep strategic choice. Earn cards and create unique decks to equip your Hero with abilities that turn the tide of battle.

Soul Axiom
    PS4 — Digital

Soul Axiom is a compelling sci-fi adventure game that will take you on a journey through the deepest, darkest recesses of your soul. You will be taken on an intriguing voyage of discovery through beautiful, haunting locations, facing challenges that will lead you into danger on your mission to unlock your identity, your story, your mystery.

Steamworld Heist
    PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Captain Piper stumbles upon a new ally with a past shrouded in mystery. Dive into the action and take on new missions with all-new weapons, gear, and a shipload of hats!

So, a lot of big things this week Or Niche-Big. For PS4, we see Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- (also on PS3) and a Paragon release that includes a bunch of DLC for it? Or is this the full release? I'm a little confused since I haven't followed Paragon at all and my google-fu isn't telling me a lot of useful stuff other than it was an Early Access game. We see Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (also on Vita) and Anima: Gate of Memories as well.

Vita's offerings this week are on other systems, with Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir being on PS3 and PS4 both and Steamworld Heist on PS4 (Cross-Buy), meaning you've got some options there, which are always nice.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

Super Robot Wars V. PS4/Vita. Releasing in English in Asia. I repeat, releasing in English. Officially.

Series Included:
    Mobile Suit Z Gundam
    Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
    Getter Robo Armageddon
    Full Metal Panic!

Releasing in English is big. The inclusion of Yamato is puzzling, since it doesn't really feature robots. Hathaway's Flash is a first I believe. Crossbone Gundam shoudn't be a "new" series since it's appeared before. My biggest disappointment is that there's no new supers. The inclusion of Shin Mazinger is nice, but I was hoping they could pick up on the story from Impact. Might Gaine is old, although maybe a few years down the line we'll finally get GGG again? The biggest problem is that there hasn't been a lot of new anime series that fit the super mod.

Either way I'll be buying this cause I'm a SRW junkie.

Akilae on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Akilae wrote: »

Series Included:
    Mobile Suit Z Gundam
    Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
    Getter Robo Armageddon
    Full Metal Panic!

Releasing in English is big. The inclusion of Yamato is puzzling, since it doesn't really feature robots. Hathaway's Flash is a first I believe. Crossbone Gundam shoudn't be a "new" series since it's appeared before. My biggest disappointment is that there's no new supers. The inclusion of Shin Mazinger is nice, but I was hoping they could pick up on the story from Impact. Might Gaine is old, although maybe a few years down the line we'll finally get GGG again? The biggest problem is that there hasn't been a lot of new anime series that fit the super mod.

Either way I'll be buying this cause I'm a SRW junkie.

Yeah, it seems pretty much anything with giant robots is in the Gundam mold these days.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Hello PSN thread

After playing a bunch of Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational over the past few years on both Vita and its later port to PS3, I just now realized the reason that it's called World Invitational

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    The new mirror's edge is out? I loved the first and was completely oblivious that it was anywhere near release.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Tomorrow in the US and the 9th for us Brits. I'm actually tempted to get it but I just picked up DOom and have yet tostart that.

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Tomorrow in the US and the 9th for us Brits. I'm actually tempted to get it but I just picked up DOom and have yet tostart that.

I bought Uncharted 4 on release and am only about an hour in to that, really can't justify buying Mirror's Edge right now.

(Probably still will. As will you. Admit it!)