As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] 7 June - Mirror's Edge Catalyst | SteamWorld Heist | Odin Sphere | Sherlock TDD

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I don't actually own Overwatch

It's tempting but I don't want to buy it only for it to turn into another Titanfall where I always feel like I'm disappointing people

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Josh.

Josh.

The world could always use more heroes, Josh.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

It's tempting but I don't want to buy it only for it to turn into another Titanfall where I always feel like I'm disappointing people

Overwatch is literally the first FPS I have ever played for more than ten hours on console.

You'll be fine, and if you aren't then just hang out with me since I'm also awful!

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I think the ps4 cracked a disc of mine? Is that a thing?

I play a LOT of rainbow six, and the other day waking it out of rest mode or wouldn't work. It hung on the logo. Then it said the disc couldn't be recognized. I popped out it for the first time in av few months and it has a crack from the center ring to the middle. No idea how it could have happened.

I emailed ubisoft in hopes they take pity on me for spending 100 hours on the game and send me a new disc.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I want in on any PA games tonight!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

The nice thing about Overwatch is that there's a class for people of all skill levels. Every team ever will always appreciate a Lucio or Mercy healing and just spamming a point and doing area denial with grenades as Junkrat is helpful or shielding everyone as Reinhardt, etc.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    *grits teeth*

Damnit...you guys talking about Overwatch...NL's Let's Look at Overwatch...

i'm begging here, please stop making me want this game i have neither the time nor money to play!

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    You should buy Overwatch it's real good

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Will anyone be playing Overwatch in, say ... 5 hours?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Pretty stoked to get Dead Island remaster today. It looks like one of those good remasters with effort put into it. Though, the bonus game they were touting as an old school 16-bit brawler is apparently just a runner type game. So that's kinda disappointing.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    As others have said, Overwatch doesn't demand that you are good at aiming or that you have a fantastic reaction time; there are classes you can play that require neither of those things. I'd say both Tanks and Support are much more enjoyable than you'd think.

According to my Overwatch career profile, I've played Reinhardt for 9 hours. This is a character that just tries to shield his team and hit people with a hammer (in addition to charging people off cliff edges, which never gets old).

I greatly enjoy playing Overwatch with people from PA. I don't think we seem all that fussed about winning or losing, and instead just have a good time (if it weren't for being to able to play with people from PA, I'd struggle to recommend Overwatch).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I am more and more interested in Overwatch...but I'm still playing Battlefront and Splatoon.

I ONLY HAVE SO MUCH TIME GAME COMPANIES!!!!

:(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Splatoon I get, but I feel like you deserve some kind of special reward for still playing Battlefront. Just mike MX up there definitely deserves a replacement R6 disc, and maybe some other free swag for putting 100 hours into Siege. Those two games aren't terrible, but I sure got tired of em quick.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I play Battlefront online with some good friends of mine. We have a good time goofing while chatting away.

That makes the game a blast. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Pretty stoked to get Dead Island remaster today. It looks like one of those good remasters with effort put into it. Though, the bonus game they were touting as an old school 16-bit brawler is apparently just a runner type game. So that's kinda disappointing.

@Skull2185 Let me know how it is. It needs to be a pretty huge step up before I buy it for a fourth time but I do really want it.

• Options
    It certainly looks better than the last gen console versions. Most youtube videos I've seen say it performs and controls better too. I'll let you know, though.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I play Battlefront online with some good friends of mine. We have a good time goofing while chatting away.

That makes the any game a blast. :P

• Options
    It certainly looks better than the last gen console versions. Most youtube videos I've seen say it performs and controls better too. I'll let you know, though.

I'm mostly interested in new content adds and bug fixes, especially for that awful multiplayer BS.

• Options
    Houn wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

That makes the any game a blast. :P

Very true. I might have to see if I can convince them to try Overwatch. They are pretty huge Star Wars fans though and love Battlefront.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I'm mostly interested in new content adds and bug fixes, especially for that awful multiplayer BS.

They'd have to fix the awful character models for me to play that again. Seriously, the person you control is more of a monster than the damn zombies.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

They'd have to fix the awful character models for me to play that again. Seriously, the person you control is more of a monster than the damn zombies.

They never bothered me since, you know, you never see yourself but from what I've seen on Youtube comparison videos, they did.

Sadly, the buzz on Gamefaqs is that none of the actual gameplay bugs were fixed at all.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PS Plus for June:

NBA 2K16 (PS4)
    Gone Home (PS4)
    Echochrome (PS3)
    Siren: Blood Curse (Episodes 1-12) (PS3)
    God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP/PS Vita)
    Little Deviants (PS Vita)

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Your avatar sums up my feelings nicely.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Nice! Gone Home is a fantastic choice.

• Options
    They seem like good choices to me

You could maybe complain about 2K16 being almost obsolete (or being a sports game)

But the others are pretty solid games

• Options
    2K16 is an odd choice. That's a super recent game, but not an unwelcome choice. I mostly enjoyed 2K14 despite not knowing how baskethoop works. Gone Home is really good, too. Interesting story.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    It's a fine selection - just not for me. I don't like sports so a basketball game will never get played, I already own Gone Home on Steam, I already own Echochrome on PS3, I don't like horror so Siren is right out, and I don't own a Vita. I'll put Chains of Olympus on my account, but the chances my PSP still works and that I'm going to play a game on it are pretty low.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Is Gone Home another walking simulator?

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    PS Plus for June:

NBA 2K16 (PS4)
    Gone Home (PS4)
    Echochrome (PS3)
    God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP/PS Vita)
    Little Deviants (PS Vita)

Best PS+ month in a while, even while acknowledging that NBA does nothing for me, it's still a full retail game and those have been sorely absent from plus.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    Is Gone Home another walking simulator?

Pretty much. If you don't like Ethan Carter or Rapture, you wont like this. I really liked the story, though.

Whole game spoilers. For real, whole plot spoiled:
    I knew nothing going into it, so I thought it was a spooky game. The game plays with that thought too but trying to scare you, but it's ultimately a sweet story of two young ladies falling in love.

Well, it's ultimately about two young women ruining their lives because of young love, but it was still touching.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Gone Home and Echochrome are good picks. I already own both, but I'm glad more people will get a chance to play them.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Gone Home is a better game than Rapture. I don't think it's as good as Ethan Carter, but it's easier to digest.

• Options
    Gone Home actually has several stories in it, which can be pieced together depending on how willing the player is to explore the environment.

The main story is largely unavoidable.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Wow... a sports game and a bunch of titles that have been on sale for super cheap numerous times so that I already own them.

Thumbs up?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    PAL Store update:

The Witcher's Blood and Wine expansion is probably the most significant release this week.
    There's also the Dead Island Definitive Collections, Oxenfree, Hitman Episode 3, Dangerous Golf and etc.

edit: I'm not sure why Valkyria Chronicles is listed here seeing as I already bought it last week.
    PS4
    31st May
    Dead Island Definitive Collection (Not in Germany)
    Dead Island Definitive Edition (Not in Germany)
    Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition (Not in Germany)

Tron Run/r Demo

Plague Inc: Evolved

Primal

1st June
    Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Oxenfree
    Oxenfree – Game + Theme
    Oxenfree – Game + Theme + Avatars

Neon Chrome

There Came an Echo
    There Came an Echo Dynamic Theme Bundle

2nd June
    Kick & Fennick (Not in Australia, New Zealand)

Score Rush Extended
    (Not in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine)

Arcade Archives Shanghai III

3rd June
    One Piece Burning Blood (PS4 & Vita)
    One Piece Burning Blood – DELUXE EDITION (PS4 & Vita)
    (Not in India)

Anima: Gate of Memories

Dangerous Golf

Art of Balance

PS4 DLC
    31st May
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine (Not in Saudi Arabia)

World of Tanks - The Motherland Ultimate Bundle
    1st June

HITMAN™ - Episode 3: Marrakesh

DiRT Rally - Fully Loaded Mini, Ford & Rallycross Packs

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Okay, this is pretty good here.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Hey, Gone Home! Plus makes a little bit of a comeback

Don't care about the rest

But yeah, been interested in Gone Home but no way was I gonna spend $20 on a game with no Platinum Trophy. I'll totally take it for free though

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I can't believe they'd give two God of War PSP games two months in a row.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I can't believe they'd give two God of War PSP games two months in a row.

You must be new to Plus

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I feel like I need a script to auto-comment my disappointment every month. I recognize that not all the games are awful, but it still sucks when you for months without a single game appealing to you personally (that you didn't already buy on a flash sale or something).