As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Luke 8:30: "What is thy name ? And he said, Legion."

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    And lo, the seventh seal opened, and it was call to arms for DPS on Archimonde.

(I didn't get anything useful from the satchel)

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Those satchels are shit now. They used to have mounts and crap and now all they have is baleful gear.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The 550ish gold doesn't hurt, though. I do wish they'd stick some Felblight in them, though.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Eh, Felblight is worth shit all these days. It's dipping below 100g each on my server.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    the empowered augment runes are nice for gearing alts, and you can also pull legion medallions from them

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    er empowered apexis fragment

• Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    Anyone know if the draenor dungeons quest that starts tomorrow counts mythics done today? Hesitant to start dungeons today if i'll have to re-run them for credit.

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    ICUb wrote: »
    Anyone know if the draenor dungeons quest that starts tomorrow counts mythics done today? Hesitant to start dungeons today if i'll have to re-run them for credit.

I'd be pretty surprised if it counted anything you did prior to accepting the quest.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the weekly quests are weird that way; I know they'll count such as area quests done during the week even if you pick the 'complete five' quest up after doing the area daily.

I don't know for a fact that it counts mythic dungeons retroactively that way though, so I'll probably hold off on doing them

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the weekly quests are weird that way; I know they'll count such as area quests done during the week even if you pick the 'complete five' quest up after doing the area daily.

I don't know for a fact that it counts mythic dungeons retroactively that way though, so I'll probably hold off on doing them

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Noted! Hopefully this is the week I finally snag a warforged 725 weap.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Those satchels are shit now. They used to have mounts and crap and now all they have is baleful gear.

Yeah pretty much the only time I'll take advantage of the call to arms for LFR/LFD now is when it's for time walking (more time walker badges than doing the dungeon itself? Yes please).

I did it this time for the novelty, it's not too often that you see it for DPS, let alone the last wing of LFR.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I do call to arms when I'm doing LFR. There's almost always at least one wing that has the CTA for healers. I queue for all the CTA wings of HFC at once, when I finish a wing I do that again, until I've done my lfrs for the week. It works out pretty well and I get extra runes and whatever else those bags have in them.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    Did Garona's mom/dad arrive on Azeroth some 20-30 years before the Dark Portal opened? If she's a full grown adult by the time the Dark Portal opens? What's up with that?

Eh, something something, "we've spent decades testing dimensional magic and have snatched people from Azeroth before with spells and small raids, now we're finally ready for the big portal".

Medivh/Sargeras found a way to cross over briefly after the planet was found by Kil'jaedan(he was able to do some astral projection mojo to talk with Gul'dan and explain the building of the Dark Portal, so who's to say he didn't do so earlier?)

Yadda yadda.

Garona was born, and subsequently forcibly aged by fel magic.

• Options
    I'll often queue for Archimonde LFR if the tank or healer CTA is up. If there's a tank CTA it usually means that a tank has bailed on the group at high determination and I can swoop in and finish it off easily, netting an easy 550g + 150 valor.

• Options
    I'd bet that the Mythic weekly does count ones done earlier in the week since you have a limited amount you can do in the week due to lockouts. That's also the reason why I'd suggest you don't risk finding out for sure and just wait for the quest.

• Options
    On the subject of mythics, I have two tanks alliance-side, if anyone wants to group up for some laid back runs feel free to PM.

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    I'll confirm that doing mythics on Tuesday night will NOT get you credit when the weekend begins four hours later.

• Options
    Is there a reliable way to tell who is a complete newbie in starting zones and who isn't?

I feel like I want to do something with my ludicrous amount of gold, so I'd like to fly around handing out some gold. But I don't want to give it to someone who is just on their 10th alt. Any ideas?

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Is there a reliable way to tell who is a complete newbie in starting zones and who isn't?

I feel like I want to do something with my ludicrous amount of gold, so I'd like to fly around handing out some gold. But I don't want to give it to someone who is just on their 10th alt. Any ideas?

Maybe look for people who clearly look inexperienced while fighting mobs? Also, them not wearing any heirlooms would be a good sign.

But yeah, I don't think there's any easy way.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    There are no complete newbies to a 11-year-old PC game. All the actual newbies are playing watching Swedish people play bird simulators on their Google iPods.

reVerse on
  • Options
    If you inspect people's achievements on their toon, does it show only that toon's achievements, or their account?

• Options
    same question for armory achievements

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    My ultimate issue was it was hard finding people from my server, and, it was hard finding people not on trial accounts when I did that.

Heirlooms are a good indication though. So I just kind of hovered around stormwind/orgrimmar and gave away my shit.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    If you inspect people's achievements on their toon, does it show only that toon's achievements, or their account?

Account

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    bowen wrote: »
    My ultimate issue was it was hard finding people from my server, and, it was hard finding people not on trial accounts when I did that.

Heirlooms are a good indication though. So I just kind of hovered around stormwind/orgrimmar and gave away my shit.

yeah no kidding on that first point, I did a /who 1-60 on my server and there were literally 42 people online on the whole server below level 60.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Wow that's a lot.

I had 5 to prune through.

I wonder if that is affected by sharding/xrealm though?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    It would take longer, but you could look for uninformed players asking questions in lower level zones. While they may not be newbies, the charity may go a long way on keeping them playing.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Arcane Mage is available on the Alpha. I guess I'm leveling a second mage on there this weekend. The changes to Fire were really fun, but now it is time to be for serious.

• Options
    What's the mod that shows where treasures are on the map? I want to finally use my boost to get another 90 that I will then use an exp pot on and treasure farm up to 100 so I can then get another farm chance at the valintine's mount.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Handynotes coupled with Handynotes Draenor Treasures.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    Arcane Mage is available on the Alpha. I guess I'm leveling a second mage on there this weekend. The changes to Fire were really fun, but now it is time to be for serious.

It's also buggy as hell right now apparently, a bunch of their abilities just straight up crash the client.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm so bored that I'm trying to think of a way to x-realm a Whale Shark kill so I can get the Shark Tank for my ships. I've also decided to start optimizing the Shipyard based on a few Wowhead guides. It mostly involves rolling the dice to get Undead crews, and then getting them the proper equipment after the fact.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I've seen Whale Shark groups forming in the World Bosses section of the group finder.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2016
    Friendly reminder that beta was supposed to begin two months ago.

The Activision quarterly report all but confirms the Year of HFC since Legion is expected to be released after the movie (which is a June release). So what's the excuse this time? They had the mythic man hour for WoD, but in the long run that was totally going to get stuff out quicker. Seriously. For real this time. Honest.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Well, hearing that a spec of a class is currently crashing the game, it doesn't sound like they are close to a beta either.

It almost seems like HFC could actually be around a RECORD amount of time.

• Options
    There are still specs that aren't even active as well.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Also it seems whole segments of High Mountain quests are just gone. Stuff I did with my Fire Mage, just doesn't exist now when I'm trying to go there with my Arcane Mage.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Also it seems whole segments of High Mountain quests are just gone. Stuff I did with my Fire Mage, just doesn't exist now when I'm trying to go there with my Arcane Mage.

Well that's understandable though, if they're trying to get somewhat focused feedback during this phase of the alpha. They already got feedback on those quests and they want you doing other shit now.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Can I just say, really quickly, how unbelievably dumb it is that now 11 years post release we still have to jump through ridiculously stupid hoops to get gold to alts on other servers/factions? Christ almighty - no one buys these pets so it's basically "pay Blizzard money to move a character". It's way past time for gold to be account-wide.

This discussion has been closed.