As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phantom Pain

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear always produces the best quality dumb useless swag

My personal preference is for the replica iDroid phone case that you need a phillips head screwdriver just to get the phone inside

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I gotta say though the three round burst guns (at least in mgo) feel like garbage. They don't burst at all, they're just fill auto that stop after 3 rounds.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I've now turned on this game

Going up against an entire team of non-lethal infiltrators who run up and CQC you from fifteen feet away or manage to CQC you around a corner, fultoning everyone on your team while sprinting everywhere is about the most irritating experience I've had in a multiplayer game in a long time

Whether it's latency issues or a late game perk doesn't really matter, no one should be able to CQC me off a fucking Walker Gear by sprinting behind me ten feet and hitting a mouse button

ALSO: unlike literally any other weapon in the game, you can't tell where you're being hit from when you're hit with a tranq dart, so you don't even know where to turn to try and retaliate, or where to take cover to

If someone has a bead on you with a tranq weapon, you might as well just lay down and give up

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    So far my main thought on MGO is why the fuck are mics always on by default who thought that was a good idea

I usually have to mute 3-4 people at the start of the match because they're just echoing whatever's coming from their speakers and the remainder just never use it.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    And while I'm at it, what the fuck is the point of the "mash buttons to struggle" thing? It has never ever done anything for me ever, and getting up from stun takes so long it might as well operate on a timer

And if you're playing on a keyboard, they expect you to mash WASD+E! As though that makes any sense whatsoever!

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    no one should be able to CQC me off a fucking Walker Gear by sprinting behind me ten feet and hitting a mouse button

to be fair, that's pretty much how CQCing someone off a walker gear works in the base game

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    You have enough time to break out of stun/cqc if someone tries to interrogate you before they can stab/fulton you

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Does that work reliably on regular old mediocre rural USA internet?

• Options
    you want to move your mouse around too

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I fuckin love using a shield and tranq pistol in bounty hunter though

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Dang that new KojiPro logo is slick

Heh, maybe he's advising Naughty Dog on how to correctly write long lost brrrrrotherrrrs.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Kojima is basically on a tour of every single Sony first or second-party developer, now that he's working for/with them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Kojima is basically on a tour of every single Sony first or second-party developer, now that he's working for/with them

So he's working for Sony now?
    That's great

• Options

So he's working for Sony now?
    That's great

His new company has a partnership with them, his new game is for PS4 and PC

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I hope its one of the the ideas he's been wanting to do for a long time.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So the UN-ARC seems to be a mobile scouts wet dream.

Works at pretty much any range provided you're quick on the tap fire and can safely pop off headshots at all but the most extreme ranges. Having a ton of fun with this thing.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options

Four bucks actually, plus three new maps

Yeah okay

Still wish there was co-op though

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, co-op would be amazing

I imagine the developers skipped the mujahedeen for political reasons, but it would be nice if there was another faction.

All of those Soviet soldiers are in Afghanistan for a reason.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    They're mentioned in at least a few of the briefings - I think mission 8 or 9 was specifically supporting a big offensive of theirs.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Right
    But they are nowhere to be found

• Options
    Right
    But they are nowhere to be found

You rescue a couple and they join your personal posse

But yeah, otherwise they're absent

It feels like a time-and-money thing though, not a political thing

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Norman reedus has been hanging out at kojima productions

Are you ready for Silent Hills

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    Norman reedus has been hanging out at kojima productions

Are you ready for Silent Hills

Kojima and Del Toro are giving a talk at Dice tomorrow

Are you ready for Quiet Mountains

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Yes yes quiet's mountains are well known

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Wow, please stay where you are while I prepare your ticket to jail

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So I decided to see if id actuay like playing the metal gear games after years of being a hatet and I picked up 5 two weeks ago. Its pretty fun, i am not very sneaky. The open world map doesnt really do much for me but and im not very far but it has done a couple of things I did not expect which was nice. (side rant have open world maps changed at all since the first ac?)

I actually got interested cause I watched Metal Gear Scanlon and ive decided to put 5 on hold while I play 3 so I can watch more! I actually got three forever ago but only beat two bosses and im right where I was again. Im enjoying it in real bad at sneaking.

Oh and mgsv needs some spotify action since I feel they missed three very important tuneskis

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    If you're on pc you can add your own tracks

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I should have done research before I got it. Ill just have to sing Africa and Horse with no name my self

I just found a cheapo HD collection as well, theres no real reason to play the ps2 versions correct? I dont mind them but my controllers are iffy. I only ask because there isnt like any major differences are there?

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Only just got into this. Up to mission 6 (and some side ops).

God, custom tracks are amazing but this cassette is so clunky.
    Currently added:
    MSG3 Theme(s)
    Some talking heads (live tracks from Stop making Sense)
    Dylan.
    Jackson.
    Iron maiden.
    Paul Simon.
    More cowboy bebop than is probably healthy.
    The Country Road song from Whisper of the Heart.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I'm steadily making progress on all S ranks and tasks myself. Completion rate at 88% (all the side-ops, animals, nonsense) and all S/tasks up to mission 9 so far and a lot of them spread further.

This is not nearly as daunting as it seemed!