Options

CF Secret Santa 2015

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I went to my porch and found an Amazon box.

"Oh good, those breast milk storage bags I ordered have arrived."

*Begins opening the box*

"Wait a minute! These aren't milk bags....it's, it's....."

xdlcbrsdi88n.gif

I took the treasure to my wife and we opened the package together. What goodies would be revealed to us?

c38dvpexdpow.jpg
    "The mystery box opens..."

What's this amazing treasure?!

12227071_10207997553082628_4360087831563769461_n.jpg?oh=ea0410ab28a779070c1baf44c747cdf8&oe=56F93BFC
    "The future is now!"

Netrunner! So cool! I've heard a lot of good things about it, but never had the chance to play it. There also appears to be an expansion pack included as well. The wife and I really have been getting into card games lately (Epic, Star Realms, Marvel Villians) and this looks like it should scratch that itch perfectly.

But wait, there's more!

12246807_10207997552882623_4610548379106262518_n.jpg?oh=9e24c9d0045ab535f53950596e59d170&oe=56F4108E
    "Cute buggy things!"

Even baby Dover is getting in on the SS action! Tiny little wrist and feet bugs that make noise. They help a younger child to recognize the sounds and explore the world around her. Very cool and greatly appreciated. Baby Dover is a bit small to fit them, but that didn't stop me from trying:

12250133_10207997758127754_8468727092896411005_n.jpg?oh=89e72cf366763c48313e96ad06444b95&oe=56B27CA3
    "On her left wrist, Bigby's Spider Gauntlet. +3 STR and CON. Allows wearer to summon a Mommy or Daddy Minion ten times per day."
    "On her right wrist, The Infinity Butterfly. -7 AC, +4 DEX. Fart and gas effects gain +30% damage and duration."

12227549_10207997758287758_3955184428904205224_n.jpg?oh=a47e1e099331aa84111f5510cfa52b56&oe=56B84F4D
    "On her left foot, Lady Buggington's Feral Sock. +24 SPD, +3 saving throw vs Swaddles. Once per combat, can use Bug Kick for 2d8 damage."
    "On her right foot, Butterfly Grieve of Protection +3. +15 HP. Permanently radiates Charm (save vs CON -3) in a 10' radius. All Screech attacks x2 damage."

Special thanks to @Khade97 for the gifts. The family really appreciates the gifts and will definitely have fun with them. I am a bit concerned with my daughter starting out with such powerful gear, but what the hell, I'm gonna spoil her anyway so we may as well start now. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Netrunner is amazing. Be careful with expansions though, there's a lot of them and you can easily descend into madness (and bankruptcy). :D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    Really glad you like everything @MNC Dover! I had to get something for "Baby Dover", could you imagine Santa forgetting the little one at Xmas :)

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    xdlcbrsdi88n.gif

So 7 parcels arrived to me today. That's fine, but I was expecting 5.

Hrmmmm....
    jjrqoqs1hd1a.jpg

Scrolling through quickly, I did a double take there when I thought you'd nonchalantly thrown your gun into the picture with the parcels.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Khade97 wrote: »
    Really glad you like everything @MNC Dover! I had to get something for "Baby Dover", could you imagine Santa forgetting the little one at Xmas :)
    You are a classy person. Good show.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    This morning, while surfing the forums instead of working I got a PM from Apprentice Proxy Elf @Jam Warrior wanting to see if I had received my present as my Santa had been told by tracking that it had been delivered on Friday.
    I was home most of Friday, and saw no package delivered, but I was also lazy and didn't actually check my mail. The tracking apparently said it was delivered to a mail box. It's possible, we do have larger parcel lockers for deliveries that are too large for the mail box.

Unfortunately, I had 8 hours to go before I could search for the key. A harrowing 8 hours of wondering, waiting, wasting time and other words that start with 'W'.
    And then, when I got home I valiantly ignored the weather (news is forecasting 6-10 inches of snow tonight) to walk to the mail box and inspect it. Amid the pile of catalogs, real estate agents and liquor store fliers I found... no parcel locker key. Despair, sadness, dismay. I wasn't looking forward to telling my Santa (or Proxy) that there was no package waiting for me.

But then, happy day, an unexpected Amazon box sitting by my door. I'm not expecting any further Amazon deliveries yet, and I can tell that it's too large to fit in the parcel lockers, so they delivered by hand to my front door.
    xdlcbrsdi88n.gif

As tradition dictates, the Christmas Tribble must make it's inspection
    dhf3gomh3w5s.jpg

And the opening incision with its weapon of choice...
    l8zq5tufaeta.jpg

Digging deeper within the still warm folds of it's victim..
    ez8vh717im1n.jpg

I tempt fate (and the tribble) by moving my camera close enough to get a picture of the tag, and the Amazon wrap job (a nice step up from the blue paper boxes they used last time I asked them to wrap something)
    sy1lu7zwgnoy.jpg
    But a quick twitch on the part of the tribble as it goes for the knife convinces me that it needs to be moved out of the way, at least temporarily.

A clearer look at the tag, safely out of range of tribble wielded hobby knifes, clearly labeling @mere_immortal to blame for my coming destitution.
    dmaj23f1nd3d.jpg

An Armada sits at my fingertips, and the Christmas tribble is enjoying it's new bed having fallen into a sugar coma from over indulging in the bowl of post-Halloween candy I left near by.
    q5ye1ur4f1e0.jpg

Thank you Mere_Immortal, this is really awesome.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    We're going to have to get an Armada league going to compliment the X-wing league.

Does Vassal support Armada yet?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    We're going to have to get an Armada league going to compliment the X-wing league.

It may or may not have been something that's crossed my mind...

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Armada

Not sure how good it is

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Wooo glad it got there safe @see317!

Oh and thanks to @Jam Warrior for proxyness!

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

I'd totally be up for that.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    I totally didn't do an unboxing set of pictures, but this is truly an awesome gift. Thanks Santa who's forum handle I don't know (you know who you are!)

lcjlYX1.jpg

Two of my biggest habits - X-Wing minis and D&D minis. :)

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I'm super glad they got to you! I hope the DnD minis are useful. I tried to pick a nice mixture of stuff that looked cool!

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Pulled the trigger. Package ordered!

edit: Santee, a package may arrive as early as Saturday! I thought it'd be closer to next week and Thanksgiving, but they surprised me with the tracking estimate today!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    As I am not expecting anything, this could be santa related. I've discovered royal mail are holding a parcel addressed to myself at a ransom to the tune of £16. The thieving twatbags. They left the typical we can't deliver your parcel as we need to pay for lunch somehow note.

J on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    People into things like boardgames, RPGs, X/Attack Wing and the like make it really easy to get good gifts out fast.

Or in my case, where I am literally still in the middle of moving ro Chicago, doing the best I can as economically as I can. >.>

Let me know if you need any recs for game shops or anything like that in Chicago. Or good places to eat, or whatever. Have lived in Chicago or western suburbs pretty much my entire life.

@Ketar Whoops, I missed this the first time! I'm up for all the recon info you have to give, although I should probably clarify that when I say, 'Chicago,' I really mean 'Gurnee.' >.>

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    People into things like boardgames, RPGs, X/Attack Wing and the like make it really easy to get good gifts out fast.

Or in my case, where I am literally still in the middle of moving ro Chicago, doing the best I can as economically as I can. >.>

Let me know if you need any recs for game shops or anything like that in Chicago. Or good places to eat, or whatever. Have lived in Chicago or western suburbs pretty much my entire life.

@Ketar Whoops, I missed this the first time! I'm up for all the recon info you have to give, although I should probably clarify that when I say, 'Chicago,' I really mean 'Gurnee.' >.>

Heh, that is a pretty significant added degree of difficulty. That's more like moving to Wisconsin than Chicago :P

That said, my in-laws live about 15 minutes west of Gurnee in Antioch. So I do have one food rec: Captain Porky's in Wadsworth. Very good seafood, and I know people who make the 45-60 minute drive from Chicago to eat there.

Not so sure about gaming resources up that way, but I'll ask around.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I actually asked at the local GW and got some very good suggestions.

And I drive past Captain Porky's every day. I'll give it a shot!

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I know I said it before, but...

xdlcbrsdi88n.gif
    (For realz this time)

My presents grew accustomed to their life in my place, so I had to skin them and parade their innards to you as a warning to any other presents coming my way: "Don't get comfortable."

IMG_20151121_2019371_zps3fcqmfxs.jpg.html

The first one is something I've been looking forward to!
    IMG_20151121_2021161_zpsilcbluhl.jpg
    More ways to insert bullets into my friends, aided by spells and the power of poker! (PS: Join us in the Doomtown Reloaded thread for talk about this fun game!)

The second...
    IMG_20151121_2022361_zpsmvmu7a1r.jpg
    If shooting people isn't my thing, I'll crush them underfoot like the specks they are. Mwahahaha!

The third...
    IMG_20151121_2026171_zpsrk5hdlx4.jpg
    Awesome! My group played Monte Cook's Numenera earlier this year, so I'm going to look forward to this.

And the whole shebang:
    IMG_20151121_2026341_zps8rvy4lmi.jpg
    Thanks so much, Zombie Hero! I recognize you from being in the process of being mauled in the Kingdom Death thread.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Gift get! Post coming shortly.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Not sure if this is G&T or CF Secret Santa, so cross posting between them. Perhaps my Santa can clarify and I'll delete one post.

So got home from church today and my daughter tells me there's a package on the porch! I pick it up and immediately need to adjust my grip as it's much heavier than the last one! I suspect it's possibly from Santa, as my order from this morning couldn't possibly have arrived.
    d66hw7lvja2x.jpg

I get the kids inside and while they're distracted I begin to open the box. A note appears!
    yzvta05idfwz.jpg

Santa is @TimFiji! Guessing from the "three waves", I'm assuming he's also responsible for Welcome to the Dungeon and the K-wing and A-wings!
    5td46itfqxwn.jpg
    vng3te5aryju.jpg

Well he's gone and completely outdone himself this time! For behold, what could be in the box but sickness, madness, and death! Biological warfare of the most terrible design! It shall leave a mark that will become a legacy in its own right! It's Pandemic Legacy!
    kn0d3uxk16bl.jpg

Oh man, I've been dreading looking forward to this game for a while now! I fear for my fellow man as I'm sure it won't be long before the entire world is infected as my inept hands. :biggrin:

THANK YOU SO MUCH @TimFiji ! You are truly a generous Santa and great and wonderful! Many hours of fun will be had with friends and family thanks to your generous gifts!

Oh, and I've started reorganizing my X-wing stuff. I got one new container but I'll soon be splitting it into two as I can't fit all of the A-wings in this one and it's a bit of a mess in that big section.
    s2aleks0ahdq.jpg

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Not sure if this is G&T or CF Secret Santa, so cross posting between them. Perhaps my Santa can clarify and I'll delete one post.

Yay you got it! Yeah I'm the CF santa so it belongs here. I was worried for a moment you were going to buy Pandemic Legacy based off a couple posts, but I hope you enjoy everything. Have a great holiday, sir!

edit. Man that K-Wing was bigger than I expected. And let me know how you like Welcome to the Dungeon; I love sharing that game with others!

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      I've played it twice so far, and it's definitely interesting to balance sticking someone with a dungeon they can't win and winning a dungeon yourself. Looking forward to playing it more.

The K-wing is huge. Outside of the Falcon, it's the biggest ship I have. I've got a squad I'm hoping to try tomorrow with it.

I was thinking of buying it with that Target sale, but missed the point when it was in stock. Was going to gift it to a friend who's crazy about Pandemic to justify the purchase, but now I just invited him to play it! :biggrin: Already looking forward to the first game.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      I'm not a religious person, but I'd love to know whom I pray to in order to get @TimFiji as my SS next year. ;)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
      I'm out of town this week for turkey day, and I ordered stuff for myself so my apartment complex will tell me yes I have packages so I can't really check - but they're pretty good about holding stuff for me.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
      Island Name: Felinefine
    • Options
      Gift Sent!

Santee, expect a package brimming with Christmas Spirit sometime in the first week of December.

• Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      MNC Dover wrote: »
      I'm not a religious person, but I'd love to know whom I pray to in order to get @TimFiji as my SS next year. ;)

:heartbeat:

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
        If FedEx smart post tracking is to be believed, my Santee should be getting something from USPS today.

• Options
        It's quiet... too quiet.

• Options
        ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
        edited November 2015
        Miniature market is having a great Sale this week, including the new X-wing core set for $18, which is 55% off retail.
        http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalog/product/view/id/48160/s/ffgswx36/

ElderCat on
        IWBRLjC.png
      • Options
        According to tracking, my Santee should have a package...

• Options
        NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
        For anyone who hasn't already done their shopping, Amazon is currently holding a "buy 2 get 1 free" deal on board games; not every game is eligible, but the individual product pages will tell you if a game is (typically it'll be the ones sold and shipped by Amazon.com). Lots of popular and high profile games in the list.

• Options
        ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
        I'm not seeing where that's flagged anywhere. I looked through a bunch of games, new and old, and just didn't see it mentioned ... This would be kinda wonderful to take advantage of.

• Options
        NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
        edited November 2015
        a1zeonnp1b4i.png

This is off the page for Ticket To Ride, for example. It's under the related products, but above the product description/details.

Nullzone on
      • Options
        KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
        Hmm, I seem to have received presents from an anonymous robot wearing a skin mask. I'll be posting up pictures here later just in case it's from one of you guys.

• Options
        So I get home from work late today, and notice a box by the garage. A large box. I wasn't expecting anything, and when I saw the label said 'Cool Stuff,' I let out a gasp! Had Santa come, and it twas not even Thanksgiving yet?
        BK4X3hH.jpg

It was... suspiciously light though. Then I opened it up. Was someone playing a trick on me?
        iZMHfeZ.jpg
        "Don't look at me, boss."

Wait, no, underneath the peanuts... Ha-ha, clever. Not giving up any clues, are you?
        Felt like a single piece, and now condensed, felt good and solid...
        hrPjUAr.jpg

Admiral? Well, about time that field promotion was confirmed.
        bBoKMqY.jpg
        n0tspnL.jpg

Erhmagahd. No way. Nowaynowaynowaynowaynoway.
        sIXhtuX.jpg
        YES WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
        (this is an actual picture of me at that very moment. True story.)
        1e2a1107153c386218e209c02046ed1a.jpg

Thank you so much @Hedgethorn! I am COMPLETELY blown away! This is the awesomest awesome that ever awesomed awesome! Best part is, I'm taking my X-wing stuff with my to the turkey day celebration tomorrow, and now I'm going to have this to go with the stuffing!

Woooooooooooooooooooooo*

*used up my allotment of exclamation points above.

• Options
        HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
        I'm glad it arrived in time for your Thanksgaming! It looks like CoolStuff maybe didn't include my whole gift message -- I had written up some flavor text about you being requisitioned new forces for special op CF SANTA, and how the Emperor wished you a happy holiday of merrily crushing rebel scum. No worries, though; happy holiday!

• Options
        Hedgethorn wrote: »
        I'm glad it arrived in time for your Thanksgaming! It looks like CoolStuff maybe didn't include my whole gift message -- I had written up some flavor text about you being requisitioned new forces for special op CF SANTA, and how the Emperor wished you a happy holiday of merrily crushing rebel scum. No worries, though; happy holiday!

Now that is a moderately geeky message, and it makes me wonder the kind of messages that the fulfillment crew at Cool Stuff, and a lesser extent Amazon, see on a day to day basis.

• Options
        I'll have a gift get post later today, but the SANTA in question will have to reveal themselves, as there's no indication in the package who it came from.

• Options
        ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
        Well it isn't me, but an order just placed means hopefully my name will pop up here soon~

• Options
        Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
        This being my first secret santa on here I am, perhaps, a little slow. But I have a parcel all wrapped up and ready to send off this weekend, unfortunately it does have to cross the Atlantic so it could still be a few weeks before it actually arrives.

Also the Royal Mail (so-called so that bad-mouthing their service counts as treason) have left me a note informing me that they are holding hostage a parcel 'too big for the letter box', which may or may not be a gift from Santa, I shall find out tomorrow morning with any luck.