Options

CF Secret Santa 2015

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Man I am excited, I really just want to ship presents this week. Is that, too early?!!?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      see317see317 Registered User regular
      Guibs wrote: »
      Never participated but often thought about it. Shipping cost to external countries worries me on the cost. Is part of the Super duper scientific process of selecting and matching people look to match people of the same country to reduce this issue when possible?
      On a different note, the US dollar is quite strong compared to many other currencies currently (thanks for that ...), so buying international is likely less expensive than you think it is (shipping could be a bitch, but if you're just ordering online as already discussed, your money probably goes further than you think it does). Likewise, when we order from your Amazon, we get to be happy that everything is half the price it is locally since our dollar will be worth half as much. :P

Also, PM received. IT BEGINS. EXCITEMENT!

On a similar note, does anyone have a list of reliable online nerd stores sorted by where they're located? Might help people who just learned that there is an ocean or two between them and their santees...

• Options
      ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
      I was thinking about that. I'm pretty sure we can piggyback the BGG Secret Santa if that helps. Like, not just in the "list of good places to buy from" but also probably sneak in free greetings or giftwrap or whatever. :P I don't think they've put up the list yet, but I'll get a link in here when I can verify that.

• Options
      Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
      Package dispatched. Prepare yourself for Christmas cheer, Santee!

Currently Playing:
      The Division, Warframe (XB1)
      GT: Tanith 6227
    • Options
      webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
      Damn Iron Weasel, you are on top of it!

Steam ID: Webguy20
      Origin ID: Discgolfer27
      Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    • Options
      ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      Wow, that was impressively fast.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      I'm confident I'm not his Santee. I'm never that easy to shop for. :P

• Options
      KoregKoreg Registered User regular
      Damnit, Iron beat me to it.

My Santa has things on his way!

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    • Options
      DenadaDenada Registered User regular
      Hmm, this years santee is presenting an interesting challenge. Better get to stalking!

• Options
      The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
      Annnnnd Ordered.

My Santee has some very similar interests to myself, so I'm sure he/she will enjoy it.

Oh the anticipation.

Steam: TheBrayster
      PSN: TheBrayster_92
    • Options
      Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
      edited November 2015
      My Santee will be receiving their gifts this week.

Some of what my Santee wanted was out of my wheelhouse a bit, so I did a little digging to find something that might be cool. I hope they like it!

Zombie Hero on
      Steam
      Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
      Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
      3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    • Options
      Holy Moly! The early turn out is crazy! I was hoping to get everything out by December sometime. I might have to step up my game.

• Options
      Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
      People into things like boardgames, RPGs, X/Attack Wing and the like make it really easy to get good gifts out fast.

Or in my case, where I am literally still in the middle of moving ro Chicago, doing the best I can as economically as I can. >.>

• Options
      Mine wasn't too bad. Hopefully it all turns out to be useful!

• Options
      KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
      People into things like boardgames, RPGs, X/Attack Wing and the like make it really easy to get good gifts out fast.

Or in my case, where I am literally still in the middle of moving ro Chicago, doing the best I can as economically as I can. >.>

Let me know if you need any recs for game shops or anything like that in Chicago. Or good places to eat, or whatever. Have lived in Chicago or western suburbs pretty much my entire life.

• Options
      ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
      edited November 2015
      Well that was fast.
      2015SS.JPG

Also I just happened to have an IA game tonight so I got to use them immediately. It was actually really weird as I had JUST been at the store pondering IG-88 vs a Boba Fett for tonight... and I picked IG-88. 8-) SO I got to run a full bounty hunter list tonight. I won a VERY close game with them.

ElderCat on
      IWBRLjC.png
    • Options
      DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
      Dear gift giver! I've updated this post with a meditation on what I own, what I would like to receive as a gift, and what I would prefer NOT to receive as a gift.

• Options
      BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
      Hey, Santa!

I've been busy with work in the past weeks, so I've been something of a ghost. Here's my BGG list, in case you're worried about doubling up on something I already own.

GNU Terry Pratchett
      PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
      Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
      Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
    • Options
      For anyone who wants the gift get banners, I've had this post bookmarked for two years now.

• Options
      For anyone who wants the gift get banners, I've had this post bookmarked for two years now.

Yay! I'm glad they're still useful! I think I made them maybe 4-5 years ago.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
      One gift on its way...

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    • Options
      Not sure yet where this should go, but I received a package today. Had to run out so will post more later.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
      If there is still time I hope join the festivities! PM sent.

• Options
      GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

Woo! Let's do this thing!

So I found a mysterious package in my mailbox today. I didn't remember ordering anything from Amazon but I hadn't remembered that Monikers Shmonikers was coming last week either. So I brought it inside.

DLzbf5F.jpg

My wife's replacement iPad case had come as well, so I knew it wasn't that, and it was too small. Opening it up reveals a strange creature.

QWTEcH5.jpg

It's Welcome to the Dungeon!

TnuT5K0.jpg
      yq93Gm8.jpg

Reading the description, it's a dungeon crawl that begins with a poker-ish round of double-dog-dare you one-upmanship. Who's brave enough to tackle the dungeon as more and more monsters are added and more and more equipment is removed?

But wait, there's more! A note! "Call it an appetizer" Hmm, it seems Santa isn't done yet...

Thanks, Santa! I'll have to play this soon as it looks like a lot of fun!

Edit: I should mention I don't know if this is from the G&T or CF Santa, so I'm cross posting.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      Present shipped! To the lucky recipient, there is a story included that I can provide a digital transcript of if you wanted to post it here. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
      edited November 2015
      GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

Unnnnfortunately, neither myself nor my girlfriend had ordered anything from Amazon recently. I explained the Secret Santa's and discovered the wrapped packages within, she instantly declared that I can't open them until Christmas. So you've given me the gift of anticipation, stating me directly in the face for the next two months.

And the worst part is I don't even know which SS this is for!

Bursar on
      GNU Terry Pratchett
      PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
      Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
      Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
    • Options
      Bursar wrote: »
      GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

Unnnnfortunately, neither myself nor my girlfriend had ordered anything from Amazon recently. I explained the Secret Santa's and discovered the wrapped packages within, she instantly declared that I can't open them until Christmas. So you've given me the gift of anticipation, stating me directly in the face for the next two months.

And the worst part is I don't even know which SS this is for!
      Is ... is your girlfriend the Abominable Snowman?

Because that shit is cold.

I'm sure your girlfriend is a classy lady.

Currently Playing:
    • Options
      crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
      How likely is she to become your wife?

If unlikely: open that shit.

If likely: open that shit, she'll forgive you eventually.

:P

• Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      Can't argue with that logic!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
        Santee (even though you don't know who you are) - another early sleigh has left the depot and you should be receiving something in the next week :)

• Options
        RendRend Registered User regular
        edited November 2015
        Wow! I guess I was one of the early ones this year! Or at least, so I surmised when the fedex guy came to my door with what I can only assume was one objective: to ensure delivery of the package via immediate and complete destruction of my door.

Having surveyed the door and found no lasting damage, I proceeded to get to the task at hand. I eagerly tore the packaging open, documenting the auspicious event for all of you.
        z5epxwiw2miw.jpg

I opened it up, and what do I see? Well, for one thing, I see that since last I checked amazon has clearly upped their giftwrap game.
        errfqjo54mkb.jpg

What's this? A note? I READ THE NOTE.
        bxchonhryxxe.jpg
        "ATTN: ADMIRAL REND
        Imperial Fascists / Rebel Scum are active in your sector. Activate all Commands. Engage with extreme prejudice. Also: Merry Xmas!
        Your pal, @Iron Weasel"

You don't

it can't

no
        yo9dcs6zjecv.jpg
        yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss'

(Translator's note: In an effort to conserve the health of the "s" key on this translator's keyboard, allow the remainder of the 75 page string of S's to instead be paraphrased as: "Thank you so much, this is awesome, I can't wait to play it)
        (sssssssssssssssssssssss)

Rend on
      • Options
        Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
        You got to cut them toe nails, dude.

• Options
        RendRend Registered User regular
        You got to cut them toe nails, dude.

I'm playing Kingdom Death a lot right now so no I think I need every advantage I can get

• Options
        According to my entrail divining some one lucky should be getting my package on Friday.

• Options
        edited November 2015
        1o0wioses903.gif

Speaking of presents, it looks like something arrived for me! Unfortunately there is no note, so I don't know who to thank!

i7jew9lgb4gt.jpg

webguy20 on
      • Options
        edited November 2015
        @Rend I am delighted that you are pleased! I confess that I was intimidated when I learned that I had been assigned to provide Holiday cheer to a FORUM LEGEND such as yourself. I hope you love it so you can ask all your loved ones to fill your stocking with plastic spaceships!

Iron Weasel on
        Currently Playing:
      • Options
        Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
        Dear Santa (AKA "Safely Anonymous" whoever you are) - thank you for the Jumbo Bundle of games that arrived in my inbox this morning. I had been looking at Blackguards and Contagion on Steam so it was great to get these in particular.

• Options
        mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
        American addresses are weird.

Also gift sent!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
      • Options
        edited November 2015
        Name
        Building number - Street - Apt Number if necessary
        City - State - Zip Code

Zip code is the only thing that gets weird, as far as I know. Then again I live here so it's not weird to me, but I thought most addresses were listed similarly.

ArcSyn on
        4dm3dwuxq302.png
      • Options
        crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
        edited November 2015
        Hmm... my wife just asked me what I ordered from Amazon.

I don't remember ordering anything from Amazon.

Work, why you gotta be so long

crimsoncoyote on