As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]RIP Dominion 2011-2016. You will be missed (by Talith)

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    really enjoyed this teamfight with my regular group, too bad it wasn't ranked

http://plays.tv/video/56f09405db033b1ad8

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Meowkai, I commend your decision to not stomp on innocent kittehs, but why do you still umm....eat them?

Also, at 2:28 of this video Maokai is auto attacking and a red arrow graphic points toward his target. What causes the red arrow to appear?

https://youtu.be/OaPaTSShAns

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I want to say that red arrow is a hit indicator? I see when skillshotting into brush and shit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Oh my, had a couple games with very strong enemy Garens. By the time I can go top, it's already too late and Garen is like 4-1 with a full suit of armor. So painful...I can stop him with Naut cc but my dps can't burst him down fast enough.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I want to say that red arrow is a hit indicator? I see when skillshotting into brush and shit.

There is a set of identical auto-attacks moments later that do not have the arrow. I notice the arrow a lot now when I watch videos but cannot for the life of me determine the cause.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    His name is Rengar, and he kills S ranks

• Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

There is a set of identical auto-attacks moments later that do not have the arrow. I notice the arrow a lot now when I watch videos but cannot for the life of me determine the cause.

Meeps? Technically an ability (I think it can even double-proc spellthief? I see that with Sona, where I can get all three procs with just Q-autochord)

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    @Hiryu02 Some of the keystone masteries have an indicator (that) in the direction that it goes off on. I forget all the colors but I know for example that Warlord's Bloodlust is red and I want to say Thunderlord's is blue.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    @Hiryu02 Some of the keystone masteries have an indicator (that) in the direction that it goes off on. I forget all the colors but I know for example that Warlord's Bloodlust is red and I want to say Thunderlord's is blue.

That might be it then. Makes the most sense.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Man, playing through Jhin's rocky midgame can be weird sometimes.

Like there's a LB on the enemy team. So I couldn't really step forwards to auto attack without risking sudden explosions. As a result I spent a good ten minutes of the game where alot of my team fight contribution was just snaring the right targets and cleaning up with my ult.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Delicious, delicious support numbers. More please Riot!

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

Good bye ZZ'rot, we hardly knew thee. 5 hp makes it a joke.

And, is that a flat out Yi buff?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Joe K wrote: »

It's not 5 hp per se. It acts like a pink ward. It takes 5 basic attacks to kill and regens out of combat.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Janna and Ali nerfs are good, though I still think Janna's going to be a pain in the ass. Nerfing Zz'rot also nice, it's far too tanky currently.

Kalista's nerfs seem really harsh to me.

And of course Maokai gets buffed as a skin gets released for him.

• Options
    A few days after we launched dynamic queue we said we would re-release solo queue within weeks, which we haven’t. The main reason is we've prioritized improving matchmaking and position select first and foremost. It's also clear we underestimated the amount of iterative work necessary to bring dynamic queue up to our standards, and we should have communicated that earlier. That said, as we continue our work, we're concerned about the impact solo queue will have on matchmaking as a whole, and we’re assessing how to best proceed. Once we've fixed match times and position selection, we’ll have a better update on other queues.

Sounds like Riot are giving the new Solo Queue to the same team that worked on Magma Chamber, Replays and Ranked Dominion.

• Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    A few days after we launched dynamic queue we said we would re-release solo queue within weeks, which we haven’t. The main reason is we've prioritized improving matchmaking and position select first and foremost. It's also clear we underestimated the amount of iterative work necessary to bring dynamic queue up to our standards, and we should have communicated that earlier. That said, as we continue our work, we're concerned about the impact solo queue will have on matchmaking as a whole, and we’re assessing how to best proceed. Once we've fixed match times and position selection, we’ll have a better update on other queues.

Sounds like Riot are giving the new Solo Queue to the same team that worked on Magma Chamber, Replays and Ranked Dominion.

Wording like that makes me think we won't see it till next year at the earliest, if we see it at all.

Man, I was really looking forward to a pure solo queue.

• Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    i love zz'rot to death, but it could be a real fuckin' nightmare to get rid of once the thing was down

i'm awful at placing it, though, so i'll need to brush up on some research and get some practice in before i start building it on damn near everyone again

• Options
    Multiple new skins on PBE today, including the teased Mecha Sion skin:

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/03/322-pbe-update.html

• Options
    Ahaha they made Soraka an actual heal bot

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

no? it's more or less a nerf because the AD ratio on Wuju went from base to bonus, which means you have to build ad to get the same mileage out of it. 2 additional flat damage per rank is just compensating that partially.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Mecha Sion turns into a train when he ults. Urge to Terry Tate...rising.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Janna and Ali nerfs are good, though I still think Janna's going to be a pain in the ass. Nerfing Zz'rot also nice, it's far too tanky currently.

Kalista's nerfs seem really harsh to me.

And of course Maokai gets buffed as a skin gets released for him.

Kalista's need to be taken out and Eve'd for some time.

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

no? it's more or less a nerf because the AD ratio on Wuju went from base to bonus, which means you have to build ad to get the same mileage out of it. 2 additional flat damage per rank is just compensating that partially.

ah, missed the change to bonus ad.

maybe they could retune him to be lane-worthy? his dependence on devourer is kindof a bummer.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    Mecha Sion turns into a train when he ults. Urge to Terry Tate...rising.

They posted a video of it to their Instagram page (I'm mobile posting or I'd make it a link) and it is the silliest and best damn thing.

It makes me want more "transformer" skins. The rift needs a Grimlock (I'm looking at you Shyv).

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    THE PROGRAM SKINS

ahhhh they are amazing; too bad I already have Lady of Pain Lissandra but even so...
    Well, I'll certainly buy the Soraka one, since it's the only Soraka skin I've liked. I really do not play Lissandra enough to justify owning any skin for her, let alone two.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    holy fucking shit mecha sion is everything i wanted and more

day one purchase

• Options
    edited March 2016
    holy fucking shit mecha sion is everything i wanted and more

day one purchase

Some real GEMS in his new VO, too.

https://youtu.be/oSZofK0yiwA

"I am the prototype and the pinnacle..."

I also got Twilight Zone/Outer Limits deja vu when he said he was fully functional...

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    When people dream about playing Poppy, they dream about this game. All being an adorable, unkillable, wall-slamming, hammer-pounding murder machine.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    knocking away a leona mid-zenith blade with a janna tornado makes me feel like a superhero

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Goddamn. Enemy team picks Kog, so i pick Bard to punish early/stop his w late. Enemy team picks Roka.

Our draven runs into Kog every time i make any kind of zoning play. Just straight loses all the fights.

End of the game i have twice as much damage and only 24 less CS than him. I had 184 CS in 41 minutes

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2016
    i love zz'rot to death, but it could be a real fuckin' nightmare to get rid of once the thing was down

i'm awful at placing it, though, so i'll need to brush up on some research and get some practice in before i start building it on damn near everyone again

The correct answer is support dinger, with the portal right behind your turrets.

e:
    Also might be old news, but I just noticed when I was doing a bot match to get my daily out of the way, the AI won't attack the ZZ portal.

Morkath on
  • Options

5 HP is reasonable. As it stands if you're an AD character you kill it in 1-2 hits. If you're not it takes forever. 5 is a reasonable compromise. It also prevents it from being super dumb early.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So, since when was Trundle run as a support? I've twice had him picked in the last couple days and after level 3 the damn pillar rendered it nearly impossible for me to make any kind of poke or anything safely (as Sona).

What do I do about that?

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

5 HP is reasonable. As it stands if you're an AD character you kill it in 1-2 hits. If you're not it takes forever. 5 is a reasonable compromise. It also prevents it from being super dumb early.

I've never killed a zz'rot with 1-2 hits as an ad carry, ever. It usually takes more than 5 hits as is.

• Options
    Huh. I just noticed that the W nerf to Shyvana did not actually get implemented in this patch, only the Q nerf.

• Options
    WhiteShark wrote: »

I've never killed a zz'rot with 1-2 hits as an ad carry, ever. It usually takes more than 5 hits as is.

Farm harder. The portal has 800 HP and 100 armor. So 1600 HP no pen physical HP.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    WhiteShark wrote: »

Farm harder. The portal has 800 HP and 100 armor. So 1600 HP no pen physical HP.

Guess that would have to be late game then... well I don't remember hitting them that hard, but maybe it has happened and I'm just used to the mid game portals.