As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    I wonder how big a scale lego star destroyer would be that had lego people as scales down real people.

Like, a school bus in length?

Lego figures are 4cm tall, a "real life" star destroyer is 1,600m long. If we assume that a Lego figure is equivalent to a 6 foot tall person (183cm) then a to scale star destroyer would need to be about 35m (almost 115 feet) long. About 2 1/2 school busses.

So what your saying is that it is still do-able.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    This is why I love the internet.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Somebody just build a minifig scale Star Destroyer bridge, please.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Anyone here have experience buying cases of Lego minifigs? A couple friends and I are talking about getting one and splitting it three ways.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    I've done that, I got two complete sets and the rest was multiples of certain figs

• Options
    nwrabenwrabe Insidious Squid Registered User regular
    Speaking of cases of minifigs: what is a good way to buy 100 or so minifigs to use as wedding favors? It doesn't really matter what theme they are from as long as they are in good shape and basically complete (hair/hat yes, accessories maybe).

Bricklink has boxes of the blind bags from basically every series, but I can't find bulk lots of assorted minifigs (unless I'm searching for the wrong thing).

I don't really want to buy 100 pirate legs and 100 space torsos and 100 Chima heads.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    nwrabe wrote: »
    Speaking of cases of minifigs: what is a good way to buy 100 or so minifigs to use as wedding favors? It doesn't really matter what theme they are from as long as they are in good shape and basically complete (hair/hat yes, accessories maybe).

Bricklink has boxes of the blind bags from basically every series, but I can't find bulk lots of assorted minifigs (unless I'm searching for the wrong thing).

I don't really want to buy 100 pirate legs and 100 space torsos and 100 Chima heads.

You have a budget in mind?
    My first thought would be go to a near by Lego store(if you have one) and ask if they can cut you a deal on their "Build your own minifig" bar if you buy in bulk.
    I don't know if they'd do it, but it's worth asking. If they can't, they may be able to point you to someone who can.

Judging from eBay listings of sets described as "like new in box (no minifigures)" I'm guessing those tend to get parted out and sold separately, so that's probably not a cost effective way to go about it.

Check craigslist for Lego lots where they're just getting rid of the family box of Lego that's been collecting dust in the basement. More work that way since you need to sort and reassemble the figs but probably the most cost effective. Bonus: you get more Lego.

Last thing I can think of is to go for the army builder kits. Typically have 4-6 figures and a small buildable thing, priced around 12-15 bucks. I was at Barnes and Noble a couple weeks back and they had the Chima ones marked down 50% off.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    nwrabenwrabe Insidious Squid Registered User regular
    I'm trying to find something for less than $3 per minifig. That's the price for building a minifig at the Lego store or a box of 60 blind bags. So far the educational set is the best price I've seen.

• Options
    Ken O wrote: »

That's really cool. Never seen them before.
    Looks like there's also a historic/fantasy set available at the same price.
    http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Education-Fairytale-Minifigures-4598356/dp/B0085Y3GCW/ref=pd_sim_21_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=512e+99B4bL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR155,160_&refRID=1Z489X197YP73311KTA3

If you wanted some pirates or witches or some knights.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Those minifig sets are pretty cool. Since the castles line went away, minigs have been (for the most part) the most appealing to me, so thanks for pointing them out! :)

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    see317 wrote: »

That's really cool. Never seen them before.
    Looks like there's also a historic/fantasy set available at the same price.
    http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Education-Fairytale-Minifigures-4598356/dp/B0085Y3GCW/ref=pd_sim_21_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=512e+99B4bL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR155,160_&refRID=1Z489X197YP73311KTA3

If you wanted some pirates or witches or some knights.

I purchased this to play Brick-Wars with my daughter and it was worth it. It has a very good split of male/female, almost 50/50 I think, plus weapons.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    ebay has lots of stuff if you search for "lego minifig bulk", as long as you aren't picky: this link is 20 for $24.50 (plus shipping) and that seller has a few more lots-of-20. this seller has "50 torsos for $30" and equivalent lots-of-heads / bodies, though that's more mix and match.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ok, seriously? Darth Vader isn't on sale?

And all the Star Wars sale sets are already sold out? Wow.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I have identified my next purchase, now I just have to wait until June 1 for the Porche 911 Technic set to be released. I haven't bothered getting any of the large scale cars for years since it seems like they were just rehashing the same guts with a new cosmetic body so here's hoping that there is some new fun stuff under the hood.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I want a large scale technics train. Like give me something that can run on O or G scale track.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I had reward points at TrU and used them to get the big Avengers Civil War set for cheap.

Giant-Man is one of the coolest things I've seen in lego in a long time. A large minifigure entirely brick built. Also the quinjet is nice. I've been a fan of quinjets, having two of the Avengers 1 models. This one is about half the size but still very nice and solid.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Waiting for the Disney minifigs, but my Target still has at least a full box of the previous series.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Hurrah! Finally found a decent Ebay deal on Dimensions. Pretty much half price for used but complete and excellent condition.

There won't be any issue with the tags remembering their previous owner's play data right? I assume these things can be reset?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Waiting for the Disney minifigs, but my Target still has at least a full box of the previous series.

They're amazing. I've not bothered with the minifigs for about a year, but couldn't resist these.

Of course, now I need two complete sets, one for me and one for my six year old niece.

I bought two bags on Wed, with the intention of keeping one and taking the other to my niece at the weekend.

I got the alien from Toy Story and Stitch. Both so adorable I couldn't decide who to give up, so I'm keeping them and buying two more today.

This is going to get expensive...

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Hurrah! Finally found a decent Ebay deal on Dimensions. Pretty much half price for used but complete and excellent condition.

There won't be any issue with the tags remembering their previous owner's play data right? I assume these things can be reset?

The tags don't have level progress saved to them, but they will have vehicle upgrades saved to them. This isn't a huge deal though; if you play through the game normally they will instruct you to build them as if they were fresh, and will overwrite the existing tag with a new one.

At a guess you *may* have to manually pull up the build instructions, I'm not really sure if the character tags save whether they've been activated to pop the vehicle build instructions or if that's in the game save itself. Heck every so often I have to pull up the instructions manually on a new character as it is.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hah!

When I watched CA: Civil War, I wondered why there wasn't a lego minifig of Vision, as he was a pretty prominent player in the fight and not present in minifig form.

Well... they just announced an off-schedule, summer release for the final Civil War set.

Spoiler for Civil War plot I think?
    26406139274_15df368b19_z.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure that's not a spoiler, unless there's something I'm forgetting.
    I don't think Roxxon is mentioned once, and the only tanker truck I remember playing any role in the movie is the airport one that Ant-Man shrinks to use as a weapon.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    That's fantastic, as Hawkeye is the last Avenger I need, and that set is cool.

He's never been in one I've wanted before.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    I don't think Roxxon is mentioned once, and the only tanker truck I remember playing any role in the movie is the airport one that Ant-Man shrinks to use as a weapon.

The characters and the action/play feature of the set are what I'd consider a spoiler.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

The characters and the action/play feature of the set are what I'd consider a spoiler.

I think the trailers for the movie pretty much gave that much away, also the box art for the Super Hero Airport Battle was a pretty big spoiler as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The thing with Lego licensed sets is you never know if it actually a spoiler or another Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I bought my niece two more Disney minifigs today. She got Captain Hook and Buzz Lightyear.

It took all my willpower not to steal the Buzz Lightyear.

• Options
    I'm not even a big fan of the character but I grabbed a Buzz because of how nice it came out.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Grabbed some random Disney bags for my daughter. However we did not give them all to her at once and are sort of slowly letting them trickle out. So far, Donald Duck. Which I thought was cool but she seemed a little underwhelmed. I think she's really hoping for Alice. I'm not the type of person who will stand there and feel for certain pieces so I just hope she gets lucky.

• Options
    Just EBay if she really wants a specific fig. The price mark up is pretty negligible if it's a current line.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Bricklink or Ebay are great for the singles figs that you just have to have. I think my wife enjoys trying to identify the figs in package as much as she enjoys the figures.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Okay so LEGO Dimensions is super rad. The worst of the 'buy new stuff now' paywalls seem to have been patched out with a system of renting characters for in game currency. I'm only a couple of levels in and the genre mash up is a complete joy. Plus my daughter absolutely loved playing it with me.

So despite my original intention of going no deeper than the base set for a while, within a week I'm already ordering the Portal and Dr Who level packs (I know I'll want them eventually so might as well get their abilities now) and the Wonder Woman character pack as my daughter will love playing her and she's invincible which is a big boon when playing with a 5 year old!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Ugh. Finally found some Disney figures today. At a Learning Express--$5.99 a bag, limit of 5.

Which I just realized puts that total under their coupon threshold of $35.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Okay so LEGO Dimensions is super rad. The worst of the 'buy new stuff now' paywalls seem to have been patched out with a system of renting characters for in game currency. I'm only a couple of levels in and the genre mash up is a complete joy. Plus my daughter absolutely loved playing it with me.

Just a heads up that this isn't 100% consistent; there are still some puzzles that don't give the rental option. It's better than nothing but I still find it a little annoying when I run into a puzzle that needs a character I wouldn't ever buy otherwise.

• Options
    Summer sets are starting to show up on shelves. I saw lots of the City and Star Wars sets.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I need the Grey/Blue X-Wing

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Summer sets are starting to show up on shelves. I saw lots of the City and Star Wars sets.

I grabbed the Eclipse Fighter today. Pretty neat build and I got a Dengar! My only complaint is that you have to take off Naare's Cloak to fit her into the cockpit.

oh h*ck
This discussion has been closed.