As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Amazon currently is listing the UCS Tie Fighter for less than $50:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X3301HI/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought that so hard.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    Amazon currently is listing the UCS Tie Fighter for less than $50:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X3301HI/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought that so hard.

I don't even know what I'd do I'm going to do with a second one of these.
    But for 50 bucks, it's hard to say no.

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    No takers? I'll paypal someone if they can calculate uk shipping even at $60 shipping its still like $150 cheaper than the UK price.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Holy Crap!

I just bought Vader's TIE vs A Wing because it went under $70 today and now this. My poor wallet.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    CalciumtriceCalciumtrice Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Got the Spidey/Ghost Rider/Hobgoblin set. Coooool bike.

I just bought this today too!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    aaand it's gone

some third party is listing it for $25 (plus $25 shipping lol) but I never trust 3rd party amazon sellers

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the tip on the TIE fighter, I managed to snag one. Now I have to figure out where I can put it so it'll be alongside the X-Wing.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    aaand it's gone

some third party is listing it for $25 (plus $25 shipping lol) but I never trust 3rd party amazon sellers

And that's gone too. Now it's back to $177.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Well, I think I'm going to have to get that VW Beetle to hold me off until the Caterham comes out. I love the roof rack.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Check your order status for the UCS TIE Fighter. Mine was cancelled.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Turkson wrote: »
    Check your order status for the UCS TIE Fighter. Mine was cancelled.

Yup, ditto.
    Guess when something looks too good to be true...

• Options
    Mine too. Oh well, I guess I saved $50

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I just checked mine now and the TIE is gone. Eh, it was worth a shot.

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    My train station arrived the other day. I have one bag left to finish only because I've been so busy I haven't had time to finish it. I really like the little details on it. It isn't an overly complex set but there is something about it I love. The ticket machine and mini-Lego store are simple but really nice looking.

I've started stockpiling pieces for three different projects. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to make a zoo.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Said goodbye to the Philae lander with some hodgepodge pieces I have at my office desk (this is from like two runs to the LEGO pick a brick years and years ago, so I have like, 6 standard bricks and a crap ton of SNOT pieces and greebles.)

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm building lego while watching the DNC as almost all the Nexo Knight stuff is out.

OMG - Burnzie, the big guy? He has grey-toned BANANAS as his horns! That's so awesome and perfect!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    FalafalFalafal Registered User regular
    I'm considering picking up the Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing set since it's on sale at Amazon for $75 right now. Does anyone have it that could give any feedback on it? I haven't bought a Lego set in years and this looks like a fun build. And I've always liked a-wings. I've also considered the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine but it looks fairly simple and has a lot of stickers.
    Thanks in Advance!

• Options
    Falafal wrote: »
    I'm considering picking up the Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing set since it's on sale at Amazon for $75 right now. Does anyone have it that could give any feedback on it? I haven't bought a Lego set in years and this looks like a fun build. And I've always liked a-wings. I've also considered the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine but it looks fairly simple and has a lot of stickers.
    Thanks in Advance!

I just built it today! But I grabbed mine for ~$65 from amazon. Both ships are really awesome and solidly built. The A-Wing in particular has a really interesting setup for how it shoots it's missiles. My biggest issue (and I suspect many people's as well) is that it's $20 too expensive. I would totally recommend the set at ~$70.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    As far as the Mystery Machine, it has 20+ stickers on it. It also doesn't include the whole gang if you're trying to grabbed them all at once. If you're a big fan of the series, the finished product looks great. I'm glad I have it, but I'm a big fan of the Scooby gang. It's being clearance at a lot of stores so you might be able to pick it up cheap.

Ken O on
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    At the GPO in Dublin today!

Quick explanation: The General Post Office was the HQ of the Irish 1916 rebellion. There have been a bunch of memorials / celebrations / exhibitions etc this year marking the 100th anniversary of the event. Now that we have the rebellion recreated in Lego, our centenary events are complete! :D

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oops. Now I have another X-Wing.

3zzn0t86xzwb.jpg

I did the same modification to Poe's X-Wing to make the wings close more fully. Also the blue one's wings are moved one stud farther out in an attempt to add more interconnectivity inside to make them a bit more secure.

Also I couldn't have BB8 in both, and the socket is too small for a standard R2, so that Astromech head is attached to a grey barrel and just fits inside.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Found the Spidey Bridge set at a local Toy's R Us yesterday. They also had the Doc Ock one, and had put out the Ghost Rider one as well as both sold out.
    No sight of the Doctor Strange one, which apparently comes out tomorrow as well. I kinda hope not, cause otherwise, my poor wallet.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I keep eyeing the spider bridge.. it's such an excellent set. But.. I've tapped out of potential lego purchases, save for the last Nexo Knights set in this wave.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    mTn27yH.jpg

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I kept telling myself "Self, do not buy Lego Dimensions. Do not go down this rabbit hole. Look at that shelf of amiibo. Don't do this again! Do not..."

*Walks out of store with Starter set, Doctor Who set, Back to the Future set, and Portal 2 set*

Goddamnit self!

I don't know what gave me more pure joy out of the whole ordeal.

-Building the portal.
    -Building this delorean, with opening gull wing doors.
    -Unlocking the BTTF hub world and having Power of Love start playing.
    -Building a TARDIS. That contains about 8 of those clear red dot pieces in the center that serve as the core. That you can't see at all, because they're encased completely by the black shell. There's absolutely zero reason for them to be there at all. And it's awesome.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    YrzAvr0.jpg?1

Happier than a pig in shit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Oh, I need to ask this. This brick remover tool. When was it invented? To be more precise, where the fuck was this thing during my childhood?

This is probably the greatest invention mankind has ever produced in known history. Fuck off wheel and printing press, this is the king.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The original, 5008 Brick Separator, was released in 1987. It remained mostly unchanged, relabeled as 821 in 1992, then turning green in 1996 and being called 630.

In 2011, it had a complete redesign to what we have now but is still called 630.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I had one of the old grey separaters when I was a kid. Just one.

It wasn't like now where they hand them out like candy.

• Options
    I had one of the old grey separaters when I was a kid. Just one.

It wasn't like now where they hand them out like candy.

My parents ordered me a green one. Now I have hundreds of the orange ones. The orange ones are better though. They have the back that can pop tiles out of the center of a plate. Something before that was nearly impossible.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I kept telling myself "Self, do not buy Lego Dimensions. Do not go down this rabbit hole. Look at that shelf of amiibo. Don't do this again! Do not..."

*Walks out of store with Starter set, Doctor Who set, Back to the Future set, and Portal 2 set*

Goddamnit self!

I don't know what gave me more pure joy out of the whole ordeal.

-Building the portal.
    -Building this delorean, with opening gull wing doors.
    -Unlocking the BTTF hub world and having Power of Love start playing.
    -Building a TARDIS. That contains about 8 of those clear red dot pieces in the center that serve as the core. That you can't see at all, because they're encased completely by the black shell. There's absolutely zero reason for them to be there at all. And it's awesome.

To be fair those red bits hidden in the core are for the two rubbishy alternate rebuilds that all Dimensions vehicles are mandated to have.

Also welcome to Dimensions club! Make peace with the fact that you don't need everything and enjoy the joyous crazy genre mash ups.

The Doctor Who stuff in particular has clearly been made by some genuine super-fans of the show.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Just ordered my wife's birthday presents, Belle's castle and the Friend's Party Store. I doubt I'll make her wait until September to open them.

I almost walked out of Target with Nexo Knight Lance, Flama, and the Dr. Strange set. I really like the "normal" part of the Strange set. The maps, the book shelves, etc...

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    I had one of the green ones when I was a little kid, but never actually understood what it was for. I assumed it had been included by accident and was a special piece for another set.

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    If you have a Five Below in your area check it out - I've seen a lot of Lego Dimensions single figure boxes there. I forget what they're called - the ones with a minifig and a vehicle only.

I grabbed the Chima one (the lion) because for $5 why not. The other one they had was Bad Cop.

At a different Five Below they had the Lord of the Rings ones as well. For $5 why not!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    If you have a Five Below in your area check it out - I've seen a lot of Lego Dimensions single figure boxes there. I forget what they're called - the ones with a minifig and a vehicle only.

I grabbed the Chima one (the lion) because for $5 why not. The other one they had was Bad Cop.

At a different Five Below they had the Lord of the Rings ones as well. For $5 why not!

Wow that's a good tip, we do have one here but I never go in. Looks like that will have to change!

And yeah, Dimensions is good, surprisingly so. You can tell so much genuine love and respect for the properties they use has gone into it.

• Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    [im.g]http://i.imgur.com/YrzAvr0.jpg?1[/img]

What set is this? I don't recognize it.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »
    [im.g]http://i.imgur.com/YrzAvr0.jpg?1[/img]

What set is this? I don't recognize it.

That's the new Bucket Wheel Excavator that just came out in North America on Monday. I guess it is the largest Technic set to date.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I miss when Lego used to come in plastic bags that were perforated in hundreds of small holes for no apparent reason.

No real reason. Just a moment of childhood nostalgia jumping out from my brain.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I miss when Lego used to come in plastic bags that were perforated in hundreds of small holes for no apparent reason.

I believe the holes were so when the bags were transported around to different elevations, they wouldn't explode from air pressure differential.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

I believe the holes were so when the bags were transported around to different elevations, they wouldn't explode from air pressure differential.

I'd bet it was cost reduction (less material = cheaper bags).

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
This discussion has been closed.