As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Impressive set, not really the kind that I collect, but pretty nice as the 5th largest set of all time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'll bet all those stone bricks on the flat pieces are stickers.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Cokomon wrote: »
    Cool, now they need to make...Haunted Mansion sets.

I would buy this in a split second, no hesitation.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Cool, now they need to make Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and the Haunted Mansion sets.

I never knew how much I needed these in my life until now. Good grief the YEARNING

• Options

And if they make both the FL & CA versions.. oh dear

• Options

If they're going to do more than one version they should just go whole hog and do Euro Disney, Tokyo Disney and Hong Kong Disney along with Disney Land and Disney World.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

If they're going to do more than one version they should just go whole hog and do Euro Disney, Tokyo Disney and Hong Kong Disney along with Disney Land and Disney World.

And then get MegaBlox to do a version of the Chinese knockoff Disney themepark.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I'll bet all those stone bricks on the flat pieces are stickers.

Looking at the big pictures on Gizmodo I can see what I think is the edge of a sticker on the stone bricks.

I can't imagine it'd be economically feasible to print individual pieces with stone bricks either. Especially when it's the same pattern on multiple pieces but in different positions.

Here's a 2000x2647 image:
    https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/ntndays8nypcnfoz7wcd.JPG

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    They have to be stickers. It's disappointing that stickers are used in such prominent places on such an expensive set but I totally understand why they did it that way.
    Still looks like a really fun build.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Ken O wrote: »
    They have to be stickers. It's disappointing that stickers are used in such prominent places on such an expensive set but I totally understand why they did it that way.
    Still looks like a really fun build.

Those are definitely stickers. The old Castle sets had the same thing. If the patterns were identical on all the pieces, I could see them maybe printing them, but I don't think I've seen them print in that style since I started collecting.

Edit: Oh wow, did you guys notice the fireworks shooters in the tower?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Been working on the Brick Bank. Weirdly, I'm missing two minifigures - the two bank robbers that you can drop down into the vault on the rope. I have the rope and the guy's hat, but not the actual minifigures. Even more weirdly, the part list only seems to list one bank robber torso, unless I'm missing something. Pretty cool build, though. I love the two-story lobby with the window for the manager's office.

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Been working on the Brick Bank. Weirdly, I'm missing two minifigures - the two bank robbers that you can drop down into the vault on the rope. I have the rope and the guy's hat, but not the actual minifigures. Even more weirdly, the part list only seems to list one bank robber torso, unless I'm missing something. Pretty cool build, though. I love the two-story lobby with the window for the manager's office.

Email them about it

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

The hat and torso are part of the narrative iirc.

One of the bank patrons is the robber, but obviously they need to change outfits before burgling.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    see317 on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wow, the Disney costumes blink and can open their mouths now. That's pretty cray

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    e9fgvbrvq6ua.jpg

New Adventure Time set available January 1st. 495 pieces for $49.99.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Turkson wrote: »
    e9fgvbrvq6ua.jpg

New Adventure Time set available January 1st. 495 pieces for $49.99.

Neat that they're doing Adventure Time stuff, but most of those figures don't really look terrific. If they want to do another set they can just throw in a ton of yellow bricks into a box with no instructions and call it the design your own Jake set.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Are you kidding? Brick built characters is a bold and fantastic move. Much better an idea than yet another unique mold plastic sleeve to shove on a minifigure body. I love them.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Are you kidding? Brick built characters is a bold and fantastic move. Much better an idea than yet another unique mold plastic sleeve to shove on a minifigure body. I love them.

I get what you're saying, and they *almost* work for me, but I think the low brick count for each model is working against the concept. Ice King in particular, oof, and Marceline's head made me genuinely LOL. Rainicorn's design is awesome though

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

The hat and torso are part of the narrative iirc.

One of the bank patrons is the robber, but obviously they need to change outfits before burgling.

Yeah, this finally clicked with me after I reread the instructions. :)

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got the Ghostbusters 2016 Ecto-1

It is engineered a bit better than the original. The back door opens as well as the driver's and front passenger doors. Also you can fit all four ghostbusters inside quite comfortably.

I also got the Nexo Knights big lava monster guy since I thought to use him as some kind of big spectral demon to be busted.

This Nexo Knight guy is pretty neat and the jet hover horse it cool.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Where'd you get it?

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Where'd you get it?

The Ecto? ToysRUs. In the lego section where they have the other Idea sets, right above the original Ecto.

• Options
    I love the Nexo Knight sets. King's Mech is a fantastic build.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Went to a small independent toy store near my house.
    They had a TIE Defender for sale. Opened, but with all the pieces, for 55 bucks.

Why am I so weak when it comes to Lego TIEs?
    I've got more Lego TIEs than I do neckties. I mean, it's not even close. It's like a 3:1, maybe a 5:1 ratio here.

• Options
    Ken O wrote: »
    I love the Nexo Knight sets. King's Mech is a fantastic build.

Is that Lego Store only? Never seen it in person anywhere.

• Options
    Lego store and I think Walmart.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »
    They had a TIE Defender for sale. Opened, but with all the pieces, for 55 bucks.

I've got more Lego TIEs than I do neckties. I mean, it's not even close. It's like a 3:1, maybe a 5:1 ratio here.

I am jealous, I kick myself sometimes for not buying that set when it came out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

I am jealous, I kick myself sometimes for not buying that set when it came out.

The one I kick myself for missing was the TIE collection (well, and the Defender, but that one got taken care of). Even saw it in the stores back in the day, but I either had less money or more self control because somehow I don't have those TIEs.
    Curse you past SEE, you and your self control and/or lack of money. Today SEE wants those TIEs, but not badly enough to drop 200 to 700 bucks on Amazon for them.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    The new Rebels trailer is out, and wonder of wonders! They have TIE Interceptors. Hopefully they get made into a lego set.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

Well, guess I have a choice to make - buy one copy, for my niece as a Christmas/birthday present, or two copies, so I have one for myself...

• Options
    edited July 2016
    M-Vickers wrote: »

Well, guess I have a choice to make - buy one copy, for my niece as a Christmas/birthday present, or two copies, so I have one for myself...
    Build a second in reverse attach it to the back for a full castle.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am going to get it and put it to siege with the various lego knights I have

• Options
    I think I have a Bricklink problem. Rarely are they big orders, but all of those 10-20 dollar orders add up quickly.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    The local TrU had Series 16.

3 Dog Show Judges, 2 Baby Sitters, 2 Rogues, Pirate, Ice Queen, Imp, Penguin Suit, and Mariachi.

I needed the baby sitter's hair to fix a display I had earlier so I'm glad I got two of them. My wife is penguin obsessed so we'll need to either bricklink a couple of them or keep searching for the arctic explorer. I'll be grabbing a few more Mariachis, I want a entire band.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Put together the Beetle tonight. It's a pretty good build. I'm not willd about how they did the roof rack, but the side profile with the wheel wells is really nice. Note to self: check to make sure the axles spin freely before closing off the undercarriage. I had to play surgeon trying to realign a piece I didn't attach right the first time.

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Amazon has the City Train station for 40 dollars. That's a really large discount and I ordered one Saturday morning. I feel with this purchase I've started something I can't undo. Pray for me.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Got the Spidey/Ghost Rider/Hobgoblin set. Coooool bike.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Amazon currently is listing the UCS Tie Fighter for less than $50:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X3301HI/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Amazon currently is listing the UCS Tie Fighter for less than $50:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X3301HI/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bugger anyone fancy shipping one to the uk?

This discussion has been closed.