Options

[Monster Hunter] Dual thread hunt and this one's dead. Go to new thread.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Went to a comic con yesterday and got a bunch of streetpass guildcards. The best one is an HR 2 guy with 182 hours in the game.

On principle I delete any card that hasn't played in the last ~3 months.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Went to a comic con yesterday and got a bunch of streetpass guildcards. The best one is an HR 2 guy with 182 hours in the game.

:(

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Entaru wrote: »

:(

The unspoken part of that sentence was "when I streetpass them". Sorry!

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Yeah, 90% of the cards are of people who played 1-2 hours and stopped after that. Kinda sad.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Yeah, 90% of the cards are of people who played 1-2 hours and stopped after that. Kinda sad.

This is why if a game needs tutorials like ProJared and Gaijinhunter, you're not doing your job.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Is there still no word on NA summer release date?

something inside me prays itll be a e3 reveal "and its available right now!" but summer starts june 21st.....

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Is there still no word on NA summer release date?

something inside me prays itll be a e3 reveal "and its available right now!" but summer starts june 21st.....

PAX East is this weekend. Not unreasonable to expect to hear something soon maybe?

• Options
    Not what we wanted to hear, but:

https://youtu.be/VlbY_LGPzYw

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Sadly my 3DS will not connect to the hospital Wifi (I am fine. My wife is recovering from a fairly major medical crisis but things are going to be ok.) .

I've really had the hankering to play a few times in the past few weeks but alas, no.

Edit: didn't mean to bum everyone out!

Seidkona on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

This is why if a game needs tutorials like ProJared and Gaijinhunter, you're not doing your job.

And MH4 is the most accessible one I've played to date too, I went a pretty long way without looking up any tutorials or guides.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    It seems odd to be dressing a cat as a dog.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Unlike dressing a human as a garuga.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Did you dress one up like a hedgehog?

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular

I really like the acorn armor for some reason. Though that rathalos armor is cool too. I have one of those blind box cats on my desk wearing it.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »

I really like the acorn armor for some reason. Though that rathalos armor is cool too. I have one of those blind box cats on my desk wearing it.

I bought 4 of those blind boxes at pax and didn't get the Rathalos :( Ended up with 2 stupid Marios which is a bummer.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    The worst is over and my wife has now moved on to the rehabilitation wing.

I will probably be opening a hall this weekend sometime as I'd love to hunt for a bit. Stay tuned for more info.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Good to hear she's pulling through!

Not an especially good weekend for me but I'll make time if I can.

• Options
    I'll be home for the rest of the day and checking the thread periodically. @ me if you're heading on.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I will probably be doing a hall in a little while. At the rehab visiting my wife right now. When I get home it'll be time to hunt for a bit.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    @Vyolynce

I don't think it's going to happen tonight. I decided to spend the evening here instead of going home.

• Options
    @Vyolynce

I don't think it's going to happen tonight. I decided to spend the evening here instead of going home.

Do what you feel is necessary; family comes first always. No worries — I've been stuck in exposition hell in Bravely Second most of the night anyway!

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Just ran into a khezu in Caravan 8 that started fleeing repeatedly whenever it was low on health instead of just stopping at it's nest once and then making one final stand.

Shit. I can already tell this is going to be a recurring thing now. I can only imagine this is why bombing them to death while they're asleep is a thing.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Just ran into a khezu in Caravan 8 that started fleeing repeatedly whenever it was low on health instead of just stopping at it's nest once and then making one final stand.

Shit. I can already tell this is going to be a recurring thing now. I can only imagine this is why bombing them to death while they're asleep is a thing.

Give it some time before rushing after it if it's heading towards its actual nest. It will only sleep if you're not around.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Give it some time before rushing after it if it's heading towards its actual nest. It will only sleep if you're not around.
    I know but they usually never flee after I catch them asleep, even if I woke them up, until now, they usually remained in that area and stood their ground.

This is the first time I can remember one fleeing multiple times after being caught sleeping. Was quite a surprise (as was the giant green dinosaur monster backing him up that I haven't officially been introduced to yet).

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Theyll flee to go eat sometimes, and then theyll flee that to go try and sleep again. You may have just aligned all of those variables to happen and just couldnt quite finish it off before it left.

• Options

I know but they usually never flee after I catch them asleep, even if I woke them up, until now, they usually remained in that area and stood their ground.

This is the first time I can remember one fleeing multiple times after being caught sleeping. Was quite a surprise (as was the giant green dinosaur monster backing him up that I haven't officially been introduced to yet).

Jho doesn't get a proper intro in 4U, which is a shame because his 3U intro was BADASS.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    JULY 15TH.

Also, that N3DS is badass but I'm fine with my silver 4U edition.

EDIT: Apparently there's a red one too? Might be red for Europe, blue for US?

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That's sooner than I expected. Awesome news!

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    JULY 15TH.

EDIT: Apparently there's a red one too? Might be red for Europe, blue for US?

Yep. Red for Europe and Blue for US. You can get both in Japan.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Capcom-Unity post confirms blue for US and red for EU. Also confirms demo coming.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    That should be just about the right timing for me to start having some free time.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I wonder will it come installed or is it just the machine

• Options
    edited May 2016
    It says game is pre-installed on the box. sorta hard to see it.

Bottom right of the box.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Is it wrong that I'm hoping for no Collector's Edition so I can just eShop this? I don't usually avoid retail versions but I've loved having constant access to 4U and feel that Gen will be the same.

• Options
    Is it wrong that I'm hoping for no Collector's Edition so I can just eShop this? I don't usually avoid retail versions but I've loved having constant access to 4U and feel that Gen will be the same.

I am going to go digital this time. I cancelled my pre-order so I could pre-order it from the e-shop.

I did love my special edition of mh4u but at the end of the day I'd rather have the speed and such. I suppose since I have a basic new 3ds I could get the collector's edition but. . .

• Options
    edited May 2016
    oh!

"The game will come pre-installed for the European New 3DS XL, but the North American New 3DS XL will NOT come with the game."

boooo. That just killed any shot at me even considering getting the special edition.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well that sucks but then I am sadly buying the machine for someone
    I was afraid since the FE fates one did not come with the game the same fate would befall the MHG one

• Options
    oh!

"The game will come pre-installed for the European New 3DS XL, but the North American New 3DS XL will NOT come with the game."

boooo. That just killed any shot at me even considering getting the special edition.

WTF is that noise. :-1:

Gamestop pre-order bonus is just a theme, so not missing out on much there.

• Options
    The only sad part of this is that that is my anniversary so I can guarantee I won't be playing until the 16th.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    The only sad part of this is that that is my anniversary so I can guarantee I won't be playing until the 16th.

Remember how 4U was literally released on Valentine's Weekend? Clearly MH hates your love life.

Vyolynce on