As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blizzard to restore Classics: Diablo 2 Resurrected September 23rd!

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't think a mobile game is impossible, but I'd be a bit disappointed even as someone who hasn't followed Diablo in years. I'd be like, empathically disappointed.

Make no mistake, it's not mutually exclusive to D4. That's happening, some day. Just definitely not being shown here.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Roe wrote: »
    That is my guess. Blizzard hasn't entered the mobile market yet and I doubt it ever will.

Hearthstone's eleventy billion players notwithstanding?

I completely forgot about hearthstone. The D3 switch version would be superior in every fashion and then some. Unveiling a mobile form would handicap the graphics and the game would be without a mini map ect.

I just don't see any other blizzard game entering the market except maybe Heroes of the storm.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Also occurred to me that any old laptop can probably run a sprite-based D2 remaster, much like SC remaster.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    lets goooooooooooooo

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Someone there posted a picture showing what might be PC lights under the table behind a thin curtain. Meaning it could be monitors boxed face-down. So hold the pitchforks for now.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Hmm shouldnt it start now?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Why are we spending twelve hours learning about the mo-cap work for Anduin, The Least Interesting Character In Warcraft.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I would buy Legally Distinct Applejacks.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Lucio-oh’s

Why

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Lucio-oh’s

Why

I love it

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Lucio-oh’s

Why

WHY NOT

although the casters continually saying THIS IS AMAZING is unbelievably dumb

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    It's strange to see how low-budget bits of their mocap set up look, considering we're talking Blizzard here. Like that kid looked like he was in a yoga mat in some back office, being filmed with a normal-ass digital camera.

• Options
    Good to see that the Blizzcon tradition of the hosts being the most unbelievably tryhard, fake-enthusiasm people they could find continues.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    How much of this is viewable without a ticket?

From someone who bought a ticket a few years ago, Practically everything that is worth seeing is on the news sites like mmo-champion within 5-10 minutes of it being said live. I only bought one to watch the Wierd Al Concert.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Blizzcon/Activiscon?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Free base D2 is pretty cool. I assume you still have to buy Forsaken but this is a good time to hop into the game.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Wow, free base Destiny 2 on b.net.
    3clipse wrote: »
    Free base D2 is pretty cool. I assume you still have to buy Forsaken but this is a good time to hop into the game.

Don't you need all the dlc to play Forsaken?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Lucio-oh’s

Why

Because comics are too expensive.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Just one year after release, smells kind of desperate TBH.

• Options

Nope! Warmind and Curse of Osiris are totally optional.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options

Yeah, they even did the "bonus for our current players" thing like a game that's going F2P.

• Options

Nah it's the free hit to get you to buy the expansion, same as WoW minus the current expansion always updating to be cheap/free whenever a new one comes out.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

When you said "D2" I was thinking Diablo 2. Then I was getting worried that my stream was lagging and I missed Diablo announcements.

Then I realized what you were talking about when you said "Forsaken"...then I was sad.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    WELCOME HOME IS PAX'S THING

SUE THEM

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    wait didnt Mike retire?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular

It was in the Humble Monthly not long ago too. Every time I see a AAA game fast tracked to the Humble Monthly I wonder how badly it's doing.

This is definitely a play to get people to buy the DLC.

• Options
    wait didnt Mike retire?

I don't think so? Metzen left a few years ago and Ben Brode left pretty recently.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    He's still at the company, but he stepped down from the role of president and CEO.

• Options
    edited November 2018

Nah it's the free hit to get you to buy the expansion, same as WoW minus the current expansion always updating to be cheap/free whenever a new one comes out.

WoW is a decade-old subscription game and they typically still charge you even a small amount.

Its making the best of a bad situation, but the situation still isn't good. At least on PC.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options

WoW is a decade-old subscription game and they typically still charge you even a small amount.

Its making the best of a bad situation, but the situation still isn't good. At least on PC.

Eh? Playercounts are the highest they've been since launch, with a generally happy playerbase and people excited for what's coming down the pipe.

• Options
    Oh my god he's so much bigger than Mike. That's hilarious.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Looks like that free Destiny 2 thing is live already, installing it right now.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    He's sure got better hair. I thought he was making Mike a little uncomfortable hugging him on stage though.

• Options
    He's sure got better hair. I thought he was making Mike a little uncomfortable hugging him on stage though.

It was like a photo op that neither of them knew quite how long it was supposed to go on.

• Options
    $12.7 Million for Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Pretty rad. I love my Mercy Shirt and it's the 2nd best Mercy skin (first being the Witch).

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    $12.7 Million for Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Pretty rad. I love my Mercy Shirt and it's the 2nd best Mercy skin (first being the Witch).

Pink Mercy is best Mercy. I will fight you on this. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Clearly what's needed is a Pink Witch Mercy.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Clearly what's needed is a Pink Witch Mercy.

And now I'm sad that a pink Valkyrie Mercy skin isn't a thing.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    "New video game content"

So, not any new games per se then.