Options

[chat] for real

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I can't afford to go home this Christmas, so I'm going to spend the holiday eating the poor approximation of a Christmas dinner I've managed to cobble together, while binging on Netflix.
    I might even get dressed at some point, really push the boat out.

It's gonna be fuckin' ace.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I once was on-call at a hospital during Christmas. That makes it onto the list of the top 5 worst days of my life, and that includes the death of my beloved cats and dogs. :-P

I don't hold that against Christmas itself, but the Christmas holiday definitely contributed to the general misery of that whole day. Shit hits the fan a LOT harder on holidays, in general. I shudder to think of how an on-call night on New Year's goes.

Christmas was never a big holiday within my family. It was usually a quiet time playing video games or watching movies. My brother and I have "the Arrangement", which basically is "We'll just buy each other a gift, approximately similar in monetary value, and not wrap it or anything, and just give it to each other whenever during the month of December", which has worked REALLY well for us. New Year's, though, that was the big holiday among my friends. New Year's starts in the morning of New Year's Eve and doesn't end until 10 AM the next day. :-P

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    P10 wrote: »
    it's not christmas' fault that a holiday celebrating the second temple and miraculous oil is boring children because they don't get bribed into loving it

Hanukah doesn't have to be as big or anything. It just kind of sucked for me, as a kid, to see the whole world transform for Christmas with all the lights and trees and mall santas and Christmas specials and to know I wasn't part of it.
    move 2 israel
    they have gr8 hanukah celebrations

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    i sure as shit don't feel excluded from Christmas

I love to just drink and eat to unhealthy levels

If I was a really religious Catholic I'd probably have to sit through 10 hours of Christmas Mass

Hard pass on that

Not a thing anymore. Get them in, get them out, the kids are fucking miserable sitting there and want to be home with their toys. 1 hour tops unless you're doing a midnight service, and I don't think those are more than 90min.

Ahem I saw that 30 Rock episode with Salma Hayek and the Patron Saint of Judgmental Statues, so I think I know what I'm talking about

Hey, you sit there as long as you fucking need to if you're hanging out with Salma Hayek.

Huh, it's not Selma, no shit.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    That moment when you and your partner used to both be super into someone.

And your partner still is.

Awkward.

That sounds uniquely weird and uncomfortable

The wonders of being Poly. Boy's all 'Hey, let's get together with Girl this Sunday for Ponies and chill!' and I'm all 'You guys can chill' and 'I'll see how I feel on Friday'.

:?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    If as a Jew you feel excluded on Christmas well tough titties maybe don't kill the birthday boy next time

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Harry, I think it's really strange to say that Christmas hasn't been religious for several decades and sort of couch it in a way that suggests you are speaking for the majority of people while simultaneously mentioning that you are very much in the minority with regard to religious opinions about things.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    it's not christmas' fault that a holiday celebrating the second temple and miraculous oil is boring children because they don't get bribed into loving it

Hanukah doesn't have to be as big or anything. It just kind of sucked for me, as a kid, to see the whole world transform for Christmas with all the lights and trees and mall santas and Christmas specials and to know I wasn't part of it.

You can just appropriate the fuck out of the fun stuff. Nobody cares. When you buy a tree they don't ask you what your favorite Psalm is.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I am Jewish I am allowed to say this

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    jewish christmas is p great

went to a chinese place on xmas day with my jew friends once, no one else was open

place was entirely full of jews, jewing it up

was awesome

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    If as a Jew you feel excluded on Christmas well tough titties maybe don't kill the birthday boy next time

god

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Hey I'm going to Diwali on Wednesday

Place by me is doing an all day buffet

IDGAF, I'm not Hindi, but awesome food is awesome

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

The omnipresence of Christmas is mostly capitalism making money off it.

It isn't Christmas you hate, it's capitalism.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Whenever I do christmas in NZ, I try to fly back home to SF on Christmas day. It's cheap as fuck, everyone is really nice because you'd only be doing it if you wanted to be, and thanks to the dateline cross, it means TWO CHRISTMASES!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    What I'm saying is I'm going to appropriate that vindaloo straight into my mouth

I might even dress as Tiana during it

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Dude, Catalonia voted to secede from Spain?

Dang

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I am Jewish I am allowed to say this

God this is like that one time @SyphonBlue made a hitler joke isn't it? Why do you guys get to say that but christians have to be all "hitler was bad gosh."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

You can just appropriate the fuck out of the fun stuff. Nobody cares. When you buy a tree they don't ask you what your favorite Psalm is.

It's the one where I ask God to destroy my enemies in various creative ways.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Awkward.

The wonders of being Poly. Boy's all 'Hey, let's get together with Girl this Sunday for Ponies and chill!' and I'm all 'You guys can chill' and 'I'll see how I feel on Friday'.

Yeahhhhhh

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    It's a bit like suddenly being the third wheel on what used to be a tandem bicycle.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    i sure as shit don't feel excluded from Christmas

I love to just drink and eat to unhealthy levels

If I was a really religious Catholic I'd probably have to sit through 10 hours of Christmas Mass

Hard pass on that

Not a thing anymore. Get them in, get them out, the kids are fucking miserable sitting there and want to be home with their toys. 1 hour tops unless you're doing a midnight service, and I don't think those are more than 90min.

Ahem I saw that 30 Rock episode with Salma Hayek and the Patron Saint of Judgmental Statues, so I think I know what I'm talking about

Hey, you sit there as long as you fucking need to if you're hanging out with Salma Hayek.

Huh, it's not Selma, no shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9khFbYhnsrg

I'm so sad that this is the best quality video of this clip

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options

I might gently suggest that this feeling can be placed squarely on how your parents handled it, rather than on the holiday itself.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hey I'm going to Diwali on Wednesday

Place by me is doing an all day buffet

IDGAF, I'm not Hindi, but awesome food is awesome

Non-Hindi Indians celebrate the hell out of Diwali.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    jewish christmas is p great

went to a chinese place on xmas day with my jew friends once, no one else was open

place was entirely full of jews, jewing it up

was awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTq20prt0K8

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Whenever I do christmas in NZ, I try to fly back home to SF on Christmas day. It's cheap as fuck, everyone is really nice because you'd only be doing it if you wanted to be, and thanks to the dateline cross, it means TWO CHRISTMASES!

omg this lifehack

• Options
    we have a fake tree but I kinda want to get a real one this year

dat smell tho

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Man we just called the tree the Hanukkah bush.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Man we just called the tree the Hanukkah bush.

Least sexy foreplay ever.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

dat smell tho

.....is the only reason to get a tree?

right?

right, skippy?

• Options
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

omg this lifehack
    I've had... Adventures, trying to travel on Christmas. Such that I don't ever want to try that again in my lifetime.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    For anyone with Amazon Prime you have to check out Shane Black's "Edge" its a western done up like an 80's action movie one liners and all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Awkward.

Yeahhhhhh

I mean, they get on great. They're super adorable. Boy and I get on great. We're super adorable. Shit just happened with the three of us which Boy and Girl had no trouble striding on past after a bit. I seem to be lagging behind.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Fra-gee-lay.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options

omg this lifehack

Area Santas HATE hate this one weird trick

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    It's not like you have to be a wookie to celebrate Life Day.

• Options
    arch what are you saying

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

You could have been part of it though! There's zero meaningfully Christian content to secular Christmas and there are no gatekeepers stopping Jews from buying a tree. Blame your parents, not the world for having a good time. It's not even to late. You could celebrate Christmas this year with your son!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

dat smell tho

Order one of the ones where they bring the same tree to you every year so that it's Alive and grows with Ems & Soy

• Options
    arch what are you saying

that christmas trees smell great and the only reason to get a real one over a fake plastic one is to fill your house with the scent of pine

This discussion has been closed.