As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]The CW Thread (No Yayas Allowed)

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Goddamit.

You said no Yayas allowed.

This means we can have one, and one only!

Didn't you ever watch the simpsons?

I'm sorry? Did you mean Family Guy?

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    PFT on B99!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    so nbc has to combat lucifer with god cop now, right?

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Buddha Troopa

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Buddha Troopa

buddha troop is reserved for the cw and will have the sexiest damn buddha you ever did see

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

Buddha Troopa

buddha troop is reserved for the cw and will have the sexiest damn buddha you ever did see

Scene: Darkened Alley

Buddha Troopa has perp against wall

"I thought you were a pacifist!?"

"You thought wrong"

Knock out punch!

• Options
    Mint?

• Options
    Shemar Moore as Buddha

• Options
    Brooklyn Nine Nine is on fire lately. "Yes I'm here drinking seltzer in the shadows"

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What
    the hell
    was Hollywood A.D.

A Duchovny episode.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Buddha Troopa

"You thought wrong"

Knock out punch!

This summer, if you see the Buddha in the road...

He kills you.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Buddha Troopa

"You thought wrong"

Knock out punch!

He kills you.

He's a cop!!

• Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    The 100 S2 ep5 (and ep8-9)
    Jesus christ. Finn manages to somehow be a worse person then fucking Murphy. I am glad that he is going to die soon.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Buddha Troopa

"You thought wrong"

Knock out punch!

He kills you.

I love you

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Buddha Troopa

"You thought wrong"

Knock out punch!

He kills you.

I love you

I know.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    What
    the hell
    was Hollywood A.D.

A Duchovny episode.

Wrote and directed if I remember right.

Also I think he was married to Tea Leoni at the time.

And there's a scene where Tea Leoni (as movie-Scully) is supposed to roll down a hill with movie-Mulder (Gary Shandling), but it's actually David Duchovny rolling down the hill with her.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Real-Scully showing Movie-Scully how to run in heels in the background is one of my favorite bits.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    X-Files spoilers for both revival and the finale of the old series
    Okay, the Cigarette Smoking Man's reappearance in the new show, even with the burn damage, is especially hilarious because this finale definitely shows him being REDUCED TO A SKELETON by that explosion

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Okay, the Cigarette Smoking Man's reappearance in the new show, even with the burn damage, is especially hilarious because this finale definitely shows him being REDUCED TO A SKELETON by that explosion

That's just what they wanted you to believe.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ok ok

I've decided I am going to try to tackle that X-Files list from earlier in the thread.

Who needs spare time, right?

• Options

Well, it's very simple, Graham.
    Humans evolved from skeletons, so CSM just had to re-evolve back to normal, and he was mostly fine.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    100 S3E1
    I get that it's post-apocalyptic and all, but Clarke needs a better dye job.

Also, Jasper is fucking broken and it is horrible to watch.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

Well, it's very simple, Graham.
    Humans evolved from skeletons, so CSM just had to re-evolve back to normal, and he was mostly fine.
    He got splashed with supersoldier blood and that gave him partial regenerative powers.
    I really, really dislike this retread of "there are no aliens, it was the shady government all along". It was done better way back in S5 and now, after all the crap he has seen and experienced, it just makes Mulder look more unhinged and stupid than I feel comfortable with.
    On the other hand, I love the little character moments in the second episode where they show how much giving William away is eating at them.

OldSlacker on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

God, this feels like a lost classic Conan bit.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

God, this feels like a lost classic Conan bit.

Further reinforcing my love of Lawrence Crantowitz

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I haven't seen any of Black-ish, but all of Laurence Fishburne's guest appearances on comedies have been unreal

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    That reminds me, anyone watching Black-ish, how is it? I watched the first couple of episodes and I think I liked it well enough, but it got lost in the shuffle of the many other shows I watch.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Black-ish, like most ABC comedies, is kind of right in the above-average area in terms of quality. It's better than a lot of shows, has some really funny moments, and has great actors, including the kids. But it's not the most hilarious thing in the world non stop.

For me, I have two tiers of comedies I watch, and they kind of fall in these categories:

Almost always great episodes: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Broad City, New Girl, It's always Sunny, Bob's Burgers

Sometimes really good, often just average episodes: Modern Family, Black-ish, The Goldbergs, Fresh off the Boat, The Grinder.

Modern Family once in a while still has an episode in the first tier, but most are in the second nowadays, and a lot of my enjoyment of the show is residual familiarity and enjoyment of the characters rather than the actual jokes. The Grinder is mostly in the first tier, but it's still new enough I keep it in second for now.

Best thing about Black-ish is that it is funny while also being a black-focused show on TV which there aren't enough of, while also tackling black issues in ways that usually aren't too on the nose. The dad not understanding how his oldest son is a huge lord of the rings nerd instead of into hip hop and stuff like that is always really funny, especially because they will have junior just drop in random nerd references and just kind of move past them.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    I love Rob Lowe and I loved The Grinder but the premise is starting to wear on me. It's like every episode is exactly the same.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    That reminds me, anyone watching Black-ish, how is it? I watched the first couple of episodes and I think I liked it well enough, but it got lost in the shuffle of the many other shows I watch.

Its a middle of the road family-centric sitcom.

That said it is consistently funny and the child actors on it are very good.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Watching more X-Files

Humbug is real good

The Sheriff is especially great

tumblr_n72cirxPYM1qdk0zgo3_500.gif

Holy fuck those are some baggy slacks. Was that the style back then or were they going for extra schlubby for Mulder?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That was pretty much the style back then, I believe

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I didn't even realize David Duchovny was on Twin Peaks before X-Files had even started

I thought that was some crazy crossover that wasn't a crossover

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    @Joshmvii @Zonugal
    Good to know, thanks! I might try to catch up on it, but I also still need to catch up on...DareDevil, Jessica Jones, It's Always Sunny, and The Muppets.

And also, at some point, shows that I never really watched but feel like I should, like New Girl, Happy Endings, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

And also apparently The 100 because FINE I'LL WATCH IT ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Have we all had a discussion about Lucifer yet?

I watched the 1st episode last night.

I thoroughly enjoyed just how much of a smarmy ass Lucifer is.

• Options
    @Joshmvii @Zonugal
    Good to know, thanks! I might try to catch up on it, but I also still need to catch up on...DareDevil, Jessica Jones, It's Always Sunny, and The Muppets.

And also, at some point, shows that I never really watched but feel like I should, like New Girl, Happy Endings, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Coming from someone who watched 2 full seasons in 3 days...

The 100 is really good!

• Options
    I don't think I've ever binge-watched a show quite that hard before. I think the most I've done is watching the first season of Brothers & Sisters (like 22-24 episodes) in maybe 6 days.

Wait, I also watched almost all of Weeds Season 2 in one evening. Not sure I've gone any heavier than that, though.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

WHY HAVEN'T YOU WATCHED HAPPY ENDINGS YET

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

WHY HAVEN'T YOU WATCHED HAPPY ENDINGS YET

I did this recently and it currently stands as my best decision of 2016 by a large margin.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.