As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]wave

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i don't think i've ever heard someone complain that they have to pay above wholesale for food or drink

I got a price complaint at least once every wedding I worked bar at. It was a hotel on a small island, so prices were pretty high compared to mainland pubs.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    i don't think i've ever heard someone complain that they have to pay above wholesale for food or drink

Having worked as a waiter, it deffo happens

How often might depend on where you are, but

Orphane on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

The guy doing VO there is Tony Joe White, so some sort of Louisiana/Cajun accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrT-TQTLoiw

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i have worked as a waiter also. never heard that particular complaint. people can be p shitty and or thoughtless tho so i am unsurprised

• Options
    @firewaterword considering getting that amex blue cash preferred. i work at a grocery store with an attached fuel center.

>buy store gift cards using credit card
    >effectively get 6% back on both groceries and fuel!?

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    tapas is expensive because making a small dish is only very slightly cheaper than making a larger dish, and you're getting tons of dishes

Eh, to a degree.

I could agree if they were literally making every item from scratch when you order it. That takes a lot of labor all at once, and you're not turning out much product.

However I highly doubt they are doing that, because it would be stupid to some degree. You prep things to the point of being able to quickly cook them, hence why I spend hours of my life dicing, slicing, and grating things so that a couple of guys can come in at night and make clam chowder to order.

A lot of the trick is portion size. You can figure out through looking over your sales (most POS systems can keep track of how often things are ordered) and figure out a batch size. So you set a par for having a certain amount of everything ready to go for service, and ideally you'd maybe have one person still prepping over the course of the night in case you start to get a run on any particular items.

Tapas to a large degree is expensive because they can get you to pay that much, because the kind of person who goes to a single restaurant for tapas doesn't know much about the concept and therefore probably doesn't know how fucked their getting.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    firewaterword considering getting that amex blue cash preferred. i work at a grocery store with an attached fuel center.

>buy store gift cards using credit card
    >effectively get 6% back on both groceries and fuel!?

not bad not bad

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    sea bugs are overrated

Isn't the point of cooking bugs to try and mask the unpleasant taste of them?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    sea bugs are overrated

only as much as the point of cooking a cow is to mask the unplesant taste of cow

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    And the point of cooking a person is to mask the unpleasant taste of all the bugs and cows the person had eaten

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    sea bugs are overrated

only as much as the point of cooking a cow is to mask the unplesant taste of cow

I am thinking like the strong iodine taste of Moreton bay bugs being masked with lots of butter, lemon and being drunk

• Options
    ZAgfVFGh.jpg

Montréal.

Now that I have posted a picture of how pretty the city is, I am allowed to mock it: mount royal? Really? that little hill is "mount royal"?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Fallout 4 has at least one tough choice with consequences.
    Mainly because Bethesda can't think of another kind of ending to questlines than nuking some location.

Still, I'm not keen to destroy any of these areas, companions, or most of the flying machines in the game.

• Options
    sea bugs are overrated

I am thinking like the strong iodine taste of Moreton bay bugs being masked with lots of butter, lemon and being drunk

I don't know moreton bay bugs, eat better sea bugs if they taste unpleasant

the sea bugs I eat are boiled/steamed in salted water and that is all they need before eating

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Mount Oversaturation

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Alazull wrote: »
    What I don't get about the McRib is like why wouldn't you just make a pulled pork sandwich?

I mean it could come pre-cooked, you could microwave it in a package and put it on a bun. Hell, I'm sure they could make a little six-pan of coleslaw and have it on their cold table to dress the sandwich, they already make a passable barbecue sauce they could put in their sauce (caulking) guns, and pickles and onions on there. Hell, since it could all be prepared in a central location, you could actually smoke it and make it fucking taste good.

But no, instead pretend you're doing us a solid serving the kind of pressed pork thing I had in cafeteria lunches every once in a while, and do nothing exciting with it.

You might sell that in the Carolinas but the rest of America would reject it. The McRib is mainstream and reliable, your delicious sandwich idea isn't.

Pulled pork is pretty mainstream.

Like sure it might not play in most of the South, but barbecue is catching on all over the country so I'm sure it would work.

Plus since it could be frozen individually or in small batches you really wouldn't have to worry about shelf life.

I'm just saying that it would probably be cheaper and better than most of the products they've introduced of late.

• Options
    sea bugs are overrated

I don't know moreton bay bugs, eat better sea bugs if they taste unpleasant

the sea bugs I eat are boiled/steamed in salted water and that is all they need before eating

I don't eat them at all as I am a godly man

• Options

Then you my friend are a very lucky person.

I don't hear it as much anymore, but there was a time when I worked for a couple of months at this tiny bar out in the country and that was like all I ever heard. Oh this is so expensive why am I getting so little blah blah blah.

I get it, you're a bunch of farmers but shit dude we're charging $8 for a half-pound burger and you're still bitching?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Mount Oversaturation

Mount Instagram filter

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    I am looking forward to winter. I am ready for winter.

Well apart from the fact that I lost one of my gloves on the ferry.

I'm thinking that if I have to buy new gloves, they might as well be stab gloves. Unless they turn out to be too cold.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Hello chat, I can't sleep so it's an all nighter for me. Hoping to fix my sleep schedule soon haha.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I am looking forward to winter. I am ready for winter.

Well apart from the fact that I lost one of my gloves on the ferry.

I'm thinking that if I have to buy new gloves, they might as well be stab gloves. Unless they turn out to be too cold.

It's already too bloody dark

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    Stavanger, too, is a nice place to go home to around christmas, sometimes.

11383020456_2df3205630_b.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    speaking of winter it's getting sort of unpleasant to stand outside in doorways and I hope I get my stab vest before my next shift. I need that warmth.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    11383014605_eb8ea26556_b.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    That tree appears to be on fire on the inside.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/ZAgfVFGh.jpg Montréal. Now that I have posted a picture of how pretty the city is, I am allowed to mock it: mount royal? Really? that little hill is "mount royal"?[/img]

well you call the little bump on your groin a dick so seems fair to me

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/ZAgfVFGh.jpg Montréal. Now that I have posted a picture of how pretty the city is, I am allowed to mock it: mount royal? Really? that little hill is "mount royal"?[/img]

Excuse me, could we get a nurse in here?

We could use some balm for this SICK BURN.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Organichu on
  • Options

I have both a proper dick and a proper mountain. But now I am going to be more incredulous when canadians talk about their dicks.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Shots fired

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

I want a medal for the restraint I'm showing re: the jokes to be made here

• Options
    i have worked as a waiter also. never heard that particular complaint. people can be p shitty and or thoughtless tho so i am unsurprised

I talk with my customers, and overhear their conversations, more than most waiters do

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    so therefore I am more keenly aware of my customers' level of intelligence than most waiters

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    which is a not a blessing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Alright, good night guys.

Only t-minus six hours until I got to do that work thing again.

Maybe get to work on some new desserts?

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

I want a medal for the restraint I'm showing re: the jokes to be made here

YBBR1Wp.jpg

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

I absolutely believe cormac mccarthy actually speaks like that and it makes me so happy

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.