As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Jaywalking] thread... Mayo on everything? Decide loudly here.

JebusUDJebusUD Adventure!Candy IslandRegistered User regular
edited November 2015 in Social Entropy++
Jaywalking

3673296137_4a3c07500d.jpg

What is it? Who does it? How much does ISIS support Jaywalking?

If you think you have been exposed to jaywalking, talk to your doctor.

Symptoms may include:
*Getting hit by a car
*Scaring drivers
*Getting to your destination faster
*Sunshine and rainbows
*Ranting on internet forums
*Jay Leno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJlY9C7YWzI

If you think you may have contracted Jaywalking, please confine yourself to your home and wait for the authorities to arrive.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
but they're listening to every word I say
JebusUD on

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jaywalking is a tool of the proletariat.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    BEEP BEEP!

GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF THE THREAD!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also thread title should have been

[Jaywalking] Thread.... Not a Movie Thread

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    One time I jaywalked right in front of a cop.

She gave me a dirty look, but let me go.

Police can't keep me down!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options

You must be white.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Jaywalking is a tool of the proletariat.

Let them eat cake!

g7umjb8j4wf6.jpeg

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna go see a movie this weekend. I wonder what's out...

• Options

WRONG THREAD, BUCK!

• Options

WRONG THREAD, BUCK!

Yeah! What da ya think you can just walk out into the middle of the thread!

Use the goddamn crosswalk!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Wouldn't it be a crosstalk?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    If you didn't see it in one of the other threads

This article is great and you should read it

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

WRONG THREAD, BUCK!

Yeah! What da ya think you can just walk out into the middle of the thread!

Use the goddamn crosswalk!

I will do no such thing, good sir!

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I WALK WHERE I WANT YOU FASCIS-

*thump thump*

AAARRRRGGHHHH

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular

You must be white.

Pretty much as white as possible without the word 'alabaster' being tossed around.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    First thing that came to mind when I saw this thread:

https://youtu.be/lHjoEO_4x9M

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    For the 2015 SE++ Jaywalking champion of the World contest, I humbly submit Montreal.

My evidence: Montreal.

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    For the 2015 SE++ Jaywalking champion of the World contest, I humbly submit Montreal.

Aren't the Jays from Toronto, though?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

I think Portland might be able to give some stiff competition.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Any campus at all.

I don't even mind the jaywalking, but at least look up from your phone to register whether you're possibly about to die or not, you shitchickens.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    An old friend of mine once thought jaywalking was limited to crossing at a marked intersection but then turning to go right or left before making it to the sidewalk, because it's a j-shaped path that strays beyond the crosswalk lines. He would flat out refuse to leave the confines of a crosswalk if he'd started out in one, but he also jaywalked in random places all the goddamn time.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Larlar... This is a safe space. It's OK to admit that it was you.

• Options

Um, the whole thing with jaywalking is that it's not a safe space. That's why there are laws against it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Being in Vietnam is fun, because there are basically no crossings, and scooters are coming at you all the time, and the only way to cross the road is to calmly look them all in the face, then walk steadily across the road so that they can all see you and react to you. If you try going fast, or try to dodge them, then that's when you get hit.

• Options

Um, the whole thing with jaywalking is that it's not a safe space. That's why there are laws against it.
    The dream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

The reality:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulQG10GwLG4

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Being in Vietnam is fun, because there are basically no crossings, and scooters are coming at you all the time, and the only way to cross the road is to calmly look them all in the face, then walk steadily across the road so that they can all see you and react to you. If you try going fast, or try to dodge them, then that's when you get hit.
    It's the same with those birds that sit in the middle of the road and then wait until the last second to fly out of the way. I tried avoiding one the other day, uh, then I felt guilty.

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

The dream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

I forgot how amazing this video is on mute.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    What is the consensus on jaywalking if you hit the fucking button to walk across the street and it went two red/green cycles at the intersection without showing you the little blue walking man? Okay to jaywalk or just break out a sleeping bag and a cup?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    If you press the button and don't wait for the cross light to change (or don't wait until someone else is waiting for the light to change) then you are the devil.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    What is the consensus on jaywalking if you hit the fucking button to walk across the street and it went two red/green cycles at the intersection without showing you the little blue walking man? Okay to jaywalk or just break out a sleeping bag and a cup?

I wouldn't make a moral judgment against someone for crossing if the pedestrian light isn't working, but I can't bring myself to do it. I've walked two or three blocks out of my way on occasion to find a working crosswalk light. But I also keep the city maintenance number in my phone and call in with the locations of all the broken ones, so the quest to find a working crosswalk becomes at least somewhat productive.

I've also been struck in the crosswalk by a driver who was edging forwards to make a turn and only paying attention to vehicle traffic from the other direction. I dashed my umbrella across his hood and scratched a huge gouge in the paint, while screaming something incomprehensible, and he was so spooked that he backed up and then swerved forward onto the sidewalk to get around me and away from there as fast as possible.

Unsurprisingly, it's a college town. And all the worst driving bullshit that I witness always happens when the school's football team is playing, because these dickwizards can't figure out how to watch the road and listen to the game on the radio at the same time.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    we don't have too many bike lanes around here, so if you insist on cycling anyway, you're kind of an asshole.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha jesus

• Options
    Hey tynic what are the jaywalking laws regarding robots, either sentient or mundane?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    the cheat wrote: »
    we don't have too many bike lanes around here, so if you insist on cycling anyway, you're kind of an asshole.

I mean, every place has at least one bike lane

It's called the same lane that everyone else uses

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod

I can't take the credit for that mental lapse. But if you want some dirt I can tell you the first Jean-Claude Van Damme movie I ever saw was Double Impact, which made me think Jean Claude and Van Damme were two distinct people who looked alike, so I asked my parents why they had different last names if they were really twin brothers.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Larlar wrote: »

I can't take the credit for that mental lapse. But if you want some dirt I can tell you the first Jean-Claude Van Damme movie I ever saw was Double Impact, which made me think Jean Claude and Van Damme were two distinct people who looked alike, so I asked my parents why they had different last names if they were really twin brothers.

Even though the movie explained it? Man, you weren't even paying attention!