As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    it takes a long ass time to get out of the intro in this.

still stuck in winter.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Tried out the route creator, and I'm pretty sure all of my creations are going to be runs through the woods.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    Working on a new and improved Colossus, a 25+mile curcuit around the most exterior roads.

1st attempt I ran out of checkpoints.
    2nd I ran out of time.
    3rd and 4th the game crashed halfway through the test race.

I will get this done.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    There's some pretty great/epic rally tracks people are making that I'm gonna need to check out. Apparently someone made one that's like half an hour long.

lxw0avrb1ku11.png

"Ambleside Scramble called "Ultimate Horizon Rally" in S1 Rally Monsters."

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    People asked where to get the exclusive Twin Mill (Hot Wheels car) this week, so here are the Seasonal Events running through next Thursday morning:

Trial - Location: Cotswolds Rally - Modern Muscle Cars - Prize: "Green Man Suit" (Unbeatable AI Difficulty)

Championships
    Blast from the Past - Location: Cotswolds Super-Sprint - Retro Super Cars - Prizes: 5.000 CR (Average AI), Hot Wheels Twin Mill (Highly Skilled AI), "In the hall of the Mountain King" Horn (Expert AI)

Praise Datsun Location: Edinburgh City Center Sprint - Datsun (Manufacturer) - Prizes: 5.000 CR (Average AI), Nissan GT-R '71 (Highly Skilled AI), "Ice Cream Van" Horn (Expert AI)

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    If you do those events on the top difficulty, do you get all the rewards beneath them?

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    If you do those events on the top difficulty, do you get all the rewards beneath them?

Yes. If you win a Championship against Expert or higher (not counting the Trial) you get all 3 prizes.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Giant homemade rally course? Unbeatable AI rally challenge for a green man suit?! *smashes that like button*

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    That actually looks kind of awful. You people are masochists.

If I want to do a 30 minute race I'll just go do 4 laps of Nurburgring thankyouverymuch.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options

If I want to do a 30 minute race I'll just go do 4 laps of Nurburgring thankyouverymuch.

Okay then, Knight. Enjoy spending half an hour with all your wheels on the ground.
    ;P

• Options

Okay then, Knight. Enjoy spending half an hour with all your wheels on the ground.
    ;P

heyyy

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Arctic, quit throwing shade and come join us. :P

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

;P

heyyy
    You know you're my favourite. <3
    Arctic, quit throwing shade and come join us. :P
    Can't stop won't stop.

• Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    Somehow I missed one of the seasonal barn finds it seems. Not sure how that happened.

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Those barn finds are bs. Spent 30 mindlessly combing the area for nothing.

• Options
    edited October 2018

Or 2 laps of my circuit race.

When I complete it Sunday evening because I'm out of town until then.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    People asked where to get the exclusive Twin Mill (Hot Wheels car) this week, so here are the Seasonal Events running through next Thursday morning:

Trial - Location: Cotswolds Rally - Modern Muscle Cars - Prize: "Green Man Suit" (Unbeatable AI Difficulty)

Championships
    Blast from the Past - Location: Cotswolds Super-Sprint - Retro Super Cars - Prizes: 5.000 CR (Average AI), Hot Wheels Twin Mill (Highly Skilled AI), "In the hall of the Mountain King" Horn (Expert AI)

Praise Datsun Location: Edinburgh City Center Sprint - Datsun (Manufacturer) - Prizes: 5.000 CR (Average AI), Nissan GT-R '71 (Highly Skilled AI), "Ice Cream Van" Horn (Expert AI)
    Be advised that first one is a players vs AI team event, and you have to place first. It's a 4 race championship and there's no PI cap, just the class restriction of modern muscle. So if you set up an A class car you'll be in with S2. And it's road rally so 80% pavement.
    *goes off to redo car completely*

Edit: Welp don't bother trying to get this one, unless maybe we can do it as a group? Would take forever to get it for everyone though. Rumors are that everyone in the game needs to have AI set to unbeatable or it doesn't work. All I know is I just did it twice (first time went 2-1-1-2 or something, second time got first every race) and it still showed me a panel at the end of the race saying the goal was incomplete. Sucks =\

Editedit: Oh I guess this kind of event has never worked so far, just most people didn't care because rewards weren't unique like this suit. Anyway some Forza Staff on the official forum said the team is aware and working on it. Regardless, don't bother til it's fixed.

Red Raevyn on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular

Life hack: use the drone to find barns. Once you spot it it will mark the location on the map for you.

• Options
    i just look them up.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »

Life hack: use the drone to find barns. Once you spot it it will mark the location on the map for you.

Plus, flying that drone around is really fun. I did that for the winter barnfind and it was just super gorgeous. It was snowing and in the morning and it was in this little wooded area and just flying the drone around and taking in the scenery and the lighting was the best.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Picked up an Xbox One X and this (and RDR 2, which saved me $100 on the console, woo) over the weekend and holy shit I'm hooked.

Any recommendations for a 2nd rally car? I got the Subaru for my freebie and it's been a beast.

And everyone spins out over the finish line so you can face the camera with that next screen, right? That was a very satisfying action shot in my sweet, rusty Datsun.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a 2nd rally car?

anything made by Lancia.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Between this and RDR2 I think video game foliage has finally made it. Turn 10 better be stealing these shaders from Playground for the next Motorsport, because I'm really sick of their 2D solution. Maple Valley was uuuuuuugly in 4k.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So are Ranked Adventures going to be 90% S2 class?

I don't have a good S2, so I don't know how I'm supposed to compete when I can only use these crappy rentals.

Is there a way to, like, avoid S2 class in Ranked Adventures?

Or do you guys have any advice on an affordable S2 (or upgradeable to S2) car I should pick up?

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Unfortunately my experienced with Ranked has been 70% S2, 20% A, and 10% S1 IIRC.
    And I think all of the s2 ones were road races. My preferred car for those has been some Pagani Zonda that was gifted at some point early in the game maybe part of the Ultimate Edition? I'm not in front of my game right now so I don't have a specific recommendation for an S2 car, but I definitely recommend rally suspension and rally tires. It is kind of silly that the freeroam rush events are included in the best of 7 "races". To win those it seems like you have to go offroad to cut some corners at some point and that is just impossible with race suspension and race tires.

I've done 9 of the 10 qualifying championships so I'm hoping once I get to the /actual/ ranked races it isn't so much S2. I should be able to find out soon and report back.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Unfortunately my experienced with Ranked has been 70% S2, 20% A, and 10% S1 IIRC.
    And I think all of the s2 ones were road races. My preferred car for those has been some Pagani Zonda that was gifted at some point early in the game maybe part of the Ultimate Edition? I'm not in front of my game right now so I don't have a specific recommendation for an S2 car, but I definitely recommend rally suspension and rally tires. It is kind of silly that the freeroam rush events are included in the best of 7 "races." To win those it seems like you have to go offroad to cut some corners at some point and that is just impossible with race suspension and race tires.

I've 9 of the 10 qualifying championships so I'm hoping once I get to the /actual/ ranked races it isn't so much S2. I should be able to find out soon and report back.

I'm at something like 8 out of 10 qualifying races. It would be awesome if the actual ranked races are different, but considering I see ranked people in my qualifying races, I'm assuming it wont be any different.

S2 all the time is so dumb.

• Options
    And it's finished. 1 lap race with retro super cars can be found at the colossus start

4irawkmkn52u.jpg

• Options
    I have been pleasantly surprised that I haven't run into a bunch of assholes who ram people in ranked. I would say there is 1 or so in every other championship I've done. I can usually get past them by driving like a reasonable person and then I usually don't have to deal with them anymore. Fett, how has your experience been with those people?

• Options
    I think S1 is like 10x better than S2. I have a couple S1 cars I enjoy, I don't have anything in S2 that isn't an actual butt.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    On the bright side, that patch fixed the CTD issues on PC--namely, spatial surround works, which means my LucidSound LS35X with Dolby audio now also work. It's nice when known issues get fixed, though it would've been nicer if it hadn't been an issue on PC to begin with.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    On the bright side, that patch fixed the CTD issues on PC--namely, spatial surround works, which means my LucidSound LS35X with Dolby audio now also work. It's nice when known issues get fixed, though it would've been nicer if it hadn't been an issue on PC to begin with.

Yeah I really don't get what they did to mess that up. FH3 didn't have any audio issues and no other PC game I have ever player forced me to use audio over hdmi instead of just using my headphones.

• Options
    I have been pleasantly surprised that I haven't run into a bunch of assholes who ram people in ranked. I would say there is 1 or so in every other championship I've done. I can usually get past them by driving like a reasonable person and then I usually don't have to deal with them anymore. Fett, how has your experience been with those people?

I constantly get rammed in S2. But I'm not sure if its because I'm in the back (due to having a shitty car) so that means I am dealing with the dreck who are probably not even doing it purposefully.

• Options
    lol i figured i would do the coop challenge to get the green man suit, took 2 tries but we won the 2nd time, but apparently literally only the person who gets first wins the outfit? that's so incredibly stupid.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    lol i figured i would do the coop challenge to get the green man suit, took 2 tries but we won the 2nd time, but apparently literally only the person who gets first wins the outfit? that's so incredibly stupid.

I tried the coop challenge twice and both times you get people stuck at 0 and then the top drivers quit making the whole thing impossible.

• Options
    Nah that would be an improvement, because after getting 1st in all 4 races Saturday I poked around and found out literally no one gets the outfit. The challenges haven't rewarded correctly since the game launched.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure my entire team just now in a Team Adventure missed the first checkpoint of the final race, and it didn't rewind any of us so we all ended up losing in the bottom positions. Why give me a CHECKPOINT MISSED countdown if you aren't going to rewind me

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Pretty sure my entire team just now in a Team Adventure missed the first checkpoint of the final race, and it didn't rewind any of us so we all ended up losing in the bottom positions. Why give me a CHECKPOINT MISSED countdown if you aren't going to rewind me

I had that happen twice. The first time I press Y to rewind time which made no sense in multiplayer and it teleported me back before the checkpoint so I could recover. The second time I didn't press Y to rewind time thinking the first time's teleport was just a coincidence and it let me continue to dive telling me I missed a checkpoint and then not do anything when pressing Y cause the timer expired.

If the checkpoint missed prompt was instantaneous giving me enough time to brake/reverse/turn around and take the checkpoint I would not have any problem but currently if you don't press Y by the time the prompt shows up turning around is pointless and might as well just take you out and DNF you.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

Yeah I really don't get what they did to mess that up. FH3 didn't have any audio issues and no other PC game I have ever player forced me to use audio over hdmi instead of just using my headphones.

I have no idea if FH3 had that issue at launch, because I didn't play it on PC or Xbox until more than a year later. FH4's spatial sound bug was the glitch that kept giving since, besides headphone crashes, I'm pretty sure it also led to the same CTD resulting from having a Windows Mixed Reality headset plugged into my PC (but inactive), since it also features spatial audio headphones.