As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] [IC/OOC] Star Wars Force & Destiny: The Clone Wars [NEGOTIATIONS AT SARKA]

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    How long is the normal apprenticeship?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    y'all are Space Wizard Monks, there is no normal really

Jedi Younglings usually get chosen by a master around 9-10 years old for apprenticeship by a master, but with the first battle of Geonosis many Jedi perished, and so the process is becoming more lax/driven by necessity than anything else

• Options
    Reading up on her, she definitely seems more combat oriented, and the apprenticeship would've been before the Clone Wars, so I'm going to think that maybe they'd been dispatched to a system in the Core Worlds to aid a defense force against a well-armed pirate organization.

That seems like a Jedi thing to do, right?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Or, considering the Corellian Order's independence from the main Order, could he have been an established Jedi and the Council wanted to have the Corellian Jedi be given a trial assignment with one of their own to make sure he was of an even temperament?

I like the idea of the Green Jedi being somewhat untrusted by the Council

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Here's my second attempt. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kNMsNHE-o1UkSBpKMwBU70ElRqJGHN_lGu6GOc10E6o/edit?usp=sharing

No, Dade is not Sith! It's unusual for siblings to work so closely together, but in a wartime scenario it makes sense to pair Jedi together than already know how to work together cohesively. If not for the war, it likely wouldn't happen at all and the two might be separated by several systems. Additionally, out of the other Padawan learner options, Dade shows an impressive skill with technology and mechanics that makes him an excellent choice to work with his brother, a burgeoning ace pilot. Furthermore, it's been noted that while Dade has shown impulsive behavior when given the chance to analyze new and interesting technology or mechanics, this trait is usually dampened by his brother's calm presence.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    DMR:So the Corellian Jedi are kind of a seperate entity from the main Jedi Council

F:I read up about them, seems cool

DMR:they allow marriage, they worked closely with CorSec, and the Council and the Green Jedi actually went to war
    so I'm thinking that maybe they were trying to recruit Corellian Jedi, Dermond agreed, but with the condition that Dade come with
    and then we played Women's Baseball in the 40s with Madonna and Rosie O'Donnell

F:THATS EXACTLY WHAT I JUST THOUGHT OF WHEN YOU SAID THAT

DMR: The Force is strong with us

F: Just highlights that we're a good team

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    DMR:So the Corellian Jedi are kind of a seperate entity from the main Jedi Council

F:I read up about them, seems cool

DMR:they allow marriage, they worked closely with CorSec, and the Council and the Green Jedi actually went to war
    so I'm thinking that maybe they were trying to recruit Corellian Jedi, Dermond agreed, but with the condition that Dade come with
    and then we played Women's Baseball in the 40s with Madonna and Rosie O'Donnell

F:THATS EXACTLY WHAT I JUST THOUGHT OF WHEN YOU SAID THAT

DMR: The Force is strong with us

F: Just highlights that we're a good team

I'll never pass up an opportunity for a League of Their Own reference.

There's no crying in the Jedi Order!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    So a lot of that stuff is Legends and while cool it establishes a lot of stuff I would rather avoid since it was written well before the current Disney canon

Mavericks are cool but I don't want to establish factions inside the Jedi Order

• Options
    So a lot of that stuff is Legends and while cool it establishes a lot of stuff I would rather avoid since it was written well before the current Disney canon

Mavericks are cool but I don't want to establish factions inside the Jedi Order

Ok. I don't really know what is or isn't canon anymore, so you can go ahead and change it as you see fit. The main thing I'd like to keep is that Dermond and Dade used to run a rescue operation where Dermond would use his Force seeking to look for damaged or derelict ships and Dade would use his electronics and repair to get them in working order, or at least safe to haul back to a dock.

That would establish that the brothers are used to working together and make a good team who are already good at anticipating each other's actions. Dermond would have been paired up with Master Gallia trying to deal with the pirate situation. They were protecting a merchant caravan and were getting overwhelmed, Adi's ship got damaged so she had to retreat and he staed behind to protect them, securing their escape but in the process having to eject and either going into a kind of Force-induced powered down stasis to extend his life support past its normal duration while waiting for pick up, or getting scooped by the pirates and tortured for information but refusing to give details about his Master. I think either of those would fit into a few of the Trials.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    sounds good to me! As far as what is or isn't canon the general rule is that anything that isn't movie/tv show is "Legends"

I like those ideas aside from the separate Jedi order basically

• Options
    OK, cool. Still working my way through Clone Wars

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    one thing I didn't think of is that Dade could have had another master up to this point? perhaps one that was killed at Geonosis? that would explain the smaller age gap.

• Options
    bad news gentlemen, some car troubles have surfaced which may delay our start by a few days. depends on what the mechanic says tomorrow

• Options
    Ooh, sorry to hear. What happened?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    either my battery died (that's my hope) or my alternator is dead (that is the worst-case scenario)

nothing disastrous, I just have to do some running around over the next few days to A: figure out which it is and B: how much it's going to cost me

as a night shift worker this means spare time is going to be spent asleep

• Options
    @ArcanisTheImpotent

Hopefully it's just winter sapping an old battery (if any of that is applicable)

So @Fuselage who was your Master that perished on Geonosis

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    So timeline-wise we are after the Battle of Geonosis then, right?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2015
    yup, slightly after the battle (a month or two or three, the exact timeline is pretty vague)

and yeah it's been sooper cold so I'm hoping it just ate my battery, the battery is 5 years old

of course the car is also 10 years old and has never had the alternator looked at so it's a toss up

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    So Adi and Dermond would probably have been in this 1594_rd.jpg
    Starfighter for the anti-piracy?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    that or the eta-2, either/or

• Options
    Dade's master was Coleman Trebor, a Jedi Master and skilled diplomat. From Coleman, Dade learned to primarily use Soresu as well as his words before violence. During Geonosis his master was killed by Django Fett in a bid to prevent the Clone Wars by attacking Count Dooku directly. Dade was on the ground when his master left him to duel and has mixed feelings about those actions. What is certain is that he greatly respected his master and will never forget what Mandalorian armor looks like.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Coleman_Trebor/Legends

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Oh hell yeah they Eta-2!

It looks so much cooler

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    the ETA-2 is an awesome fighter for sure. also @fuselage love the choice for Coleman Trebor, he gets the short shrift but he was a good Jedi

• Options
    Hey, how's your car doing?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    still alive - due to the new year my mechanic was unable to get me in so I won't know until monday; it's not dead and I got the battery re-charged so we'll see how long that lasts

I plan to have the first IC post up tonight or tomorrow

• Options
    edited January 2016
    tumblr_mkdrl0CgFb1s9dlweo1_500.png
    CHAPTER I
    NEGOTIATIONS AT SARKA

The galaxy is at war. The fallen Jedi, Count Dooku of Serenno, with his legions of
    battle droids, has begun his invasion. In response the Galactic Senate has granted Supreme Chancellor
    Palpatine the emergency power to create a GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC to repel the attack.

Several systems have pledged their loyalty to the new CONFEDERACY. The JEDI, guardians of peace and justice
    for generations, have pledged to help the Republic as commanders and generals as well as diplomats.
    As resources are spread thinner and thinner, two Jedi Knights have been called to action...

--

The waiting hall before the High Council's chamber was a place of serenity and calm, a fountain on one side providing a soothing trickle of water that provided the only source of sound in the room. It enforced a comfortable quiet, though despite the general feeling of peace and tranquility both brothers could feel the undercurrent of tension that was running beneath, humming in the Force. On the other side of the High Council's closed doors Dermond could sense the discussion: the war, and more dire news, likely. The Clone Wars had begun and all predictions that the conflict would be settled quickly and decisively were being proven false. More and more systems seemed to be slipping through the Republic's fingers and the Jedi could feel the Dark Side of the Force gaining influence, clouding more and more.

They both could sense many hard choices to make in the coming months.

tags: @Fuselage @DaMoonRulz

in tradition I wanted to provide you guys a quick moment to throw some master-apprentice RP before we jumped into the real action, get a feel for your characters a little. also, gives us a chance to roll our destiny pool; I'm going to roll as well just so we have a decent sized pool to draw from.

Geth roll 1eF for Destiny Pool

Destiny Pool:
    1eF 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Also go ahead and put OOC stuff in spoiler tags from here forward

• Options
    awwww yeah! At work so it will be a few hours before I can do an IC post.

Geth roll 1eF for destiny pool

destiny pool:
    1eF 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    How soon after the Battle of Geonosis is this? Wondering how much time Dade's had to process his Master's death

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Oh man, so much pressure! Oof, I'm mixing up tenses.
    Geth roll 1eF for Destiny!

Dade takes a moment to adjust his robes one final time, almost whispering to his brother, "I'm pleased to be working alongside you again, Dermond. I'm still a little shaken by what I saw planetside, and Master Trebor..." He trails off as he finishes fussing over his appearance and looks out over Coruscant.

Eventually he snaps out of his thoughts, "Still, it is good to be back in the temple; I doubt anything could break the serenity of this place. Whatever assignment we are given, I am with you brother."

In a meditative practice he begins thinking of several fractured thoughts swirling in his mind and imagined them each as different materials that required binding. He mentally prepared each surface and then welded them together until they formed one structured piece. Bringing concepts and thoughts to a practical level or image was a past time that always calmed his nerves, but made it difficult to explain ideas to his brother once in a while when he spoke of a thought as a certain shape or color.

Destiny!:
    1eF 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    It's been a handful of months

• Options
    It's been a handful of months
    Whoops

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Dermond gripped Dade's shoulder reassuringly when he mentions combat, "I've been reading the reports on the action. If I could have taken your place instead I'd have done it in an instant." He releases his grip with a clap on the shoulder and takes in his surroundings.

Even all these years later, waiting outside the Council chambers made him nervous, like a little kid that's been sent to the Principal's office. "I'm still surprised they let us work together. I'm glad for it, but still....can't help but wonder if things are going that badly." He wandered over to the fountain and dabbled his fingers in the water, "I'm sure we'll be assigned exactly where we're needed."

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    As though on cue the doors to the council's main chamber opened. "Enter, Jedi," came the voice of Master Windu, and the brothers stepped inside. The Jedi Council sat in their respective chairs, some physically present, some via hologram, and they all wore expressions that seemed to be carefully neutral. Dermond found the eyes of his own master, Adi Gallia, and her blue eyes seemed weary, though they did crinkle at the corners when Dermond made eye contact.

The room's quiet was broken by the voice of Yoda. "A mission for you, the Jedi Council has," he said, looking at each of the brothers with his warm brown eyes. He pressed a button on his chair and a holodisplay of a planet flickered to life in the center of the room, rotating slowly.

"This is the planet Sarka, located in the system of the same name," said Master Kenobi. "It is a wealthy planet strategically located off one of the branches of the Perlemian Trade route in the Mid Rim. As you know, Count Dooku has been expanding inward towards the Galactic Core, browbeating and bribing worlds into joining the Confederacy. He has set his sights on Sarka and is making diplomatic overtures."

"Overtures that must be stopped," said Master Windu with his usual finality. "Go to Sarka and persuade the Sarkan government to remain with the Republic."

tags: @DaMoonRulz @Fuselage

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Dade listens intently but remains silent as no questions have bubbled to the surface. He gives a determined nod as Master Windu speaks, glancing at Dermond to see his response.

Throughout the conversation Dade unsuccessfully attempts to avoid looking at the seat his deceased master would have occupied, currently taken by Master Plo Koon. The mention of Count Dooku does nothing to ease this, however.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Hey @Fuselage make sure to favorite the thread. Makes it easier to follow

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Hey @Fuselage make sure to favorite the thread. Makes it easier to follow
    I did.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    "How have," Dermond gave a sidelong glance to his brother, "his diplomatic overtures been received?" Dermond was hoping to arrive before the Count had a chance to establish a foothold or twist the minds of the leaders into thinking that siding with the Sith would benefit them.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    At this question several members of the council frowned. It was the hologram of Master Ki-Adi-Mundi who spoke this time.

"Count Dooku is a skilled manipulator. His strength of conviction has won him many allies outright, and the promises he brings of revolution and self-governance are an enticing prospect all on their own," the Cerean said with a sigh. "It is likely that if an envoy is not already present it is en route."

Windu leaned forward. "It is important that we win the Sarkans over through diplomacy and negotiation. This is not a military operation," he said gravely. It meant no reinforcements would be on the way should things go south.

Master Yoda's gaze, his chestnut eyes keen as always, settled on Dade. He gave one of his warm, gentle smiles. "Troubled you are, apprentice. Sense your disquiet I can. Questions have you? Concerns?"

At this a few of the other masters looked sidelong at the spot where Plo Koon was now residing in hologram.

tags: @DaMoonRulz @Fuselage

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Dade clears his throat, internally chiding himself for being so easily read.

"Master Yoda, I feel like I live in a whole new world. This is the sort of mission that Master Trebor taught me about and highlighted to me. For him to be so accomplished diplomatically and still be struck down within three shots of a blaster...I will be cautious and mindful on this mission."

Dade doesn't bring up how quickly Master Windu dispatched Coleman Trebor's killer, a mercenary in Mandalorian armor.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png