As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SEGA finding new ways to disappoint us in 2024

19495969798100»

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    He better have a gun.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I don't think Jim Carrey owns any firearms

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Not many people do, their burns tend to be severe.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VHYLJR9pNg
    • New open-world looking Jet Set Radio
    • New 3D Streets of Rage
    • New 2D hand-animated-looking Shinobi
    • New 3D 3rd-person Golden Axe
    • New multiplayer Crazy Taxi (looks like Cops vs. Taxis????)

All in development. No dates or titles or anything else shown

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    golden axe looks great, as do the rest

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Golden axe giving very low budget PS2 action game vibes

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 1
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    But where is smol chubby Sonic 2 style Shadow.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    But where is smol chubby Sonic 2 style Shadow.

Gotcha covered!

8nvt25cmuloa.png

Er... maybe. No pics of it yet.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Remaster Sonic Adventure 2 you cowards

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Leaks from fairly reliable sources are saying the new Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi games are online only open world live service/GaaS games modeled after Fortnite, complete with guns. So time to stop getting those hopes up too high.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I guess the video editor forgot to put a teaser for the new Virtua fighter in that sega reel... I mean, its been like more than10 years since the last one, SURE they have a whole new VF almost ready to launch, right?

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 20
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Leaks from fairly reliable sources are saying the new Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi games are online only open world live service/GaaS games modeled after Fortnite, complete with guns. So time to stop getting those hopes up too high.

Deep sigh

Gonna assume "like fortnite" just means "this rumor came from pitches to money people who don't actually know anything about video games so they just approximated the concept of games as a service with the most money-making example that they might have actually heard of" rather than either of them actually being anything like fortnite

What would you even do with guns in either of those games?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    give them to Shadow the Hedgehog

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    They already made a bland gacha game with the Crazy Taxi skin slapped on it, so making a generic shooter with a graffiti gacha and a generic racing game with a taxi gacha seems likely enough.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Smol Shadow should have a slingshot.

• Options
    I don't know why people are super shocked about the crazy taxi news, the reveal had multiplayer with cops chasing them. It wasn't going to be the same game.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I don't know why people are super shocked about the crazy taxi news, the reveal had multiplayer with cops chasing them. It wasn't going to be the same game.

I did not look closely enough to catch that, that thing was a blur of quick clips

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Starts at 1:12, there's multiple taxis racing and another player driving a cop car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE8OfE-8ERU

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    BOOOOOOOOO

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    If the base game is available I am in to it, but if the new thing is just a racing game then yeah, boooooooooooo.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Starts at 1:12, there's multiple taxis racing and another player driving a cop car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE8OfE-8ERU

I'm honestly fine with those parts, but the guns just feel like too much, if true.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Deep sigh

Gonna assume "like fortnite" just means "this rumor came from pitches to money people who don't actually know anything about video games so they just approximated the concept of games as a service with the most money-making example that they might have actually heard of" rather than either of them actually being anything like fortnite

What would you even do with guns in either of those games?

JSR I my best guess is, if it’s a multiplayer live service, you have the Jet Set crew vs the cops dynamic be set up so players can play both sides, so the cops probably get guns and you gotta do the usual ram and spray stuff if you’re in the crew

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    what kind of miserable person would want to play as the cops in a jet set radio game

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    what kind of miserable person would want to play as the cops in a jet set radio game

Ideally you'd play as rival gangs, or different members of the crew.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular

Shadow now has guns but has to walk.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Or calls a taxi.

A craaaaazy taxi!

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Guns? They'll have to hire an actor to play him who's experienced with gunplay.

Keanu Reeves Joins "Sonic 3" as Shadow.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Chances that they will do a bullet time gag in the new movie are now at 100%

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    He better have a gun.

They apparently changed Shadows origin a bit and the movie starts with Robitnik trying to carjack him and killing his dog

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Chall wrote: »
    Chances that they will do a bullet time gag in the new movie are now at 100%

Oh, they should. They absolutely should. I mean, Shadow's speed alone justifies this, but now there's an added layer on top of it.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Word is while mo-capping for Shadow Keanu actually activated Chaos Control.