As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SEGA finding new ways to disappoint us in 2024

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I finally finished a playthrough of Shin Sakura Taisen, and I'd deem it well recommendable, either now if you can deal with the Japanese or later whenever they finally get around to the English edition. What I definitely didn't see was a 1- or 2-star game that all those Amazon reviewers have been calling it, outraged over one reason or another. It was plenty entertaining enough.

Amazon Japan product reviewers(for video games at least) are notorious for being assholes even by web site product review standards.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

This brought back memories I didn’t know I had

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    End of Matt and Liam's Sonic Adventure 2 LP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFLnBvWdMK8
    Liam's reaction to finding out that Shadow actually died is so good.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    it's wild to remember how self-contained SA2 was originally meant to be, considering what came immediately after, and basically everything else since

• Options
    That reminds me

Do we think the Sonic movie is going to tease Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow for a potential sequel?

I feel like definitely one of those is happening. No more or less

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    It's 100% going to end with that one trailer shot of Eggman in Mobius.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    That reminds me

Do we think the Sonic movie is going to tease Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow for a potential sequel?

I feel like definitely one of those is happening. No more or less

I always figured Eggmans scheme involves turning people into animals and a live person is going to be named Miles and he gets turned into something but we dont see.

Sequel tease. That's baseball.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    If they are planning a surprise Tails/Knuckles/whoever, then I hope the original design for the movie version of that character leaks. I want to see it.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Lars wrote: »
    If they are planning a surprise Tails/Knuckles/whoever, then I hope the original design for the movie version of that character leaks. I want to see it.

it's cute redesigned sonic 2.0 but they kept horrifying tails since audiences didn't have the chance to object

HqOMZs8.jpg
    https://www.adelemorse.com/#/

Brolo on
  • Options
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I'd play it.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular

You know, I never would've thought to compare the two series visual styles, but that's a really good blending of the SA1 art style and the 90's Garfield cartoon's looser, more elastic take on the comic strip.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

It wasn't me.

Could have been, but it wasn't.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »

it's cute redesigned sonic 2.0 but they kept horrifying tails since audiences didn't have the chance to object

HqOMZs8.jpg
    https://www.adelemorse.com/#/

Chaos.... Reigns

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I'd play it.

Pretty sure my S3+K disc shared a box with Garfield (lost in TV land or some such)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garfield:_Caught_in_the_Act

discrider on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Oh my Tails looks like he died and someone reanimated the corpse

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    That page is amazing

Died to save the world x2
    Murdered by his son
    Natural causes
    Overdosed on drug laced chilidogs

All the feels!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    That page is amazing

Murdered by his son
    Natural causes

All the feels!

it's really something

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    That page is amazing

Murdered by his son's evil twin from a mirror dimension
    Natural causes

All the feels!

Sorry, just had to make a minor correction.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Overdosing on drug laced chilidogs has to be the most 90s death.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I would've expeted a bee to overdose on that psychoactive honey/pollen from another thread

• Options
    I’m still going to need some Crush 40 but

Yeah, okay

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Whoever wrote that had a very accurate understanding of how much editorial scrutiny it would receive before going to print.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

So this is the price we paid for a good looking Sonic huh?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that and the whole CGI staff getting laid off the moment they finished work on the new version

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    that and the whole CGI staff getting laid off the moment they finished work on the new version

That had nothing to do with the filmmakers AIUI. The company that did the CGI (an outside contractor, not a part of paramount) wanted to relocate offices for financial reasons and didn't care to try to move the employees, so once the latest project was done, they laid everyone off and began closing that location down. It was a dick move, but it was basically unconnected to the Sonic film.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

So this is the price we paid for a good looking Sonic huh?

IIRC they gotta jump through some hoops every time Green Hill Zone gets reused / remixed. Sonic 3 has the most licensing trubs, but even 1 and 2 have some weird details to em.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

That had nothing to do with the filmmakers AIUI. The company that did the CGI (an outside contractor, not a part of paramount) wanted to relocate offices for financial reasons and didn't care to try to move the employees, so once the latest project was done, they laid everyone off and began closing that location down. It was a dick move, but it was basically unconnected to the Sonic film.

Also, that’s unfortunately how this industry works. There have been so many stories of CG studios doing major layoffs or closing entirely after their work on a movie is done.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The CG animation industry is basically just the videogame industry

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    The Sonic standee my home theater got:
    wA1yiWv.jpg

The Sonic standee the Japanese theaters here got:
    ZkQZLjA.jpg

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    How accurate are predictions that this movie will break $1 billion

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »

60 percent of the time they're right every time

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Sonic has bits of real panther?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The theater by my parents has the latter Sonic sign design

• Options
    Okay, then the promotions department assigned to my theater is just being cheap.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Sonic has bits of real panther?

Im actually kinda shocked there hasnt been a Panther sonic friend

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.