Options

The Fourth Democratic Debate: Open Mic Night at Club Communism

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I enjoyed that subtle dig at Trump.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Uh oh, a technology and securities question

• Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Clinton actually having to think about her answer there, I don't think she was drilled on it

edit: about what her relationship with putin is like

Khildith on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Phrasing jesus fuck

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Franklin quote! Drink!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed her answer on what her relationship is with Putin.

and oh god O'Malley, please. just stop. And do not use the phrases "come through your backdoor or your front door"

• Options
    O'Malley "Weather they want in your front door or back door"

Might be my favorite out of context quote from tonig

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Phrasing jesus fuck

It's like we aren't even doing phrasing anymore.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    If one feels like "we can't get this shit done anyway" I have no idea why one would support Sanders over Clinton. She's pretty undeniably hugely competent and I frankly don't think that's entirely apparent for Senator Sanders

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ohh. yes. a question on domestic terrorism.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Awwww, poor O'Malley.

• Options
    Sanders, what does this have to do with the question you were asked. You're answering O'Malley's question.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Don't go back to a previous question when you've just been asked a new one, it looks like you didn't listen to the current one

edit: or maybe you didn't hear it?

Khildith on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Oh man that camera pan was great just now. All three really wanted to speak up and were just so defeated.

• Options
    Sanders, what does this have to do with the question you were asked. You're answering O'Malley's question.

Sanders wanted to make the point that Government is not the only danger, privacy wise.

• Options

Wait.

Bernie was just saying about how Silicon Valley has all your information

"Wel yes, but how would you stop these lone wolves?"

and his answer was, "By asking Silicon Valley for your information."

or did I miss some nuance?

• Options

Wait.

Bernie was just saying about how Silicon Valley has all your information

"Wel yes, but how would you stop these lone wolves?"

and his answer was, "By asking Silicon Valley for your information."

or did I miss some nuance?

The nuance is "Bernie Sanders was answering the question O'Malley was asked because he didn't hear the moderator ask a new one."

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Sanders wanted to make the point that Government is not the only danger, privacy wise.

So surely Hedgie is going to fall in love with Sanders now, right? :P

• Options
    notdroidnotdroid Registered User regular
    Those top Google searches are really discouraging.

• Options

Yes, and that was a perfectly valid answer to the question O'Malley was asked, which is why he said it.

He did not realize he was asked a completely different question that had little relevance to his answer, which is "how do we deal with lone-wolf terrorists," as evidenced by the very weak "I was getting to that" when the moderator asked the question again after his answer.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    If one feels like "we can't get this shit done anyway" I have no idea why one would support Sanders over Clinton. She's pretty undeniably hugely competent and I frankly don't think that's entirely apparent for Senator Sanders
    Personally, I think her foreign policy is worse, which is significant in that the executive branch has a greater degree of control (vs the legislative branch) over foreign policy than in domestic policy. That's probably the biggest factor for me. Probably not the thread for an in depth debate over Clinton's foreign policy though.

• Options
    I think he heard, he just wanted to answer the question.

• Options
    notdroid wrote: »
    Those top Google searches are really discouraging.

Eh, two out of three weren't monumentally stupid. At least people know to ask the question.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Jesus O'Malley, beg for more time much?

Having flashbacks to Webb

• Options
    Fuck off, Martin.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Oh no O'Malleeeeeey. You just need a hug, man.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

So surely Hedgie is going to fall in love with Sanders now, right? :P

Bernie is doing this debate to get his sempai, Hedgie, to notice him.

• Options
    Kaputa wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Personally, I think her foreign policy is worse, which is significant in that the executive branch has a greater degree of control (vs the legislative branch) over foreign policy than in domestic policy. That's probably the biggest factor for me. Probably not the thread for an in depth debate over Clinton's foreign policy though.

Clinton's foreign policy is odd to me because she's clearly more hawkish, but at the same time she's very good at explaining why she's hawkish (see debate 3), while Sanders and O'Malley are dovish but explain it as "we can't try to do two things, so we'll fight Isis and then deal with Assad."

It's like Clinton has realized the Enemy's Gate is Down while the other two are still throwing up on the ship.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    O'Malley might never be our commander in chief, but he should be at every debate.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    O'Malley might never be our commander in chief, but he should be at every debate.

In the crowd.

• Options

Like, at high schools, or...?

• Options
    No the immune system does have to outnumber them. That's how it works. They're like suicide bombers

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Its like their just made of 30 seconds over here

• Options
    Oh god, man, that one guy shouting "Woo!" to having the biggest military budget. He's a hero.

I ate an engineer
  • Options

Like, at high schools, or...?

Yes. And college, and political. Hes hilirious!

• Options
    Walking into a Glass-Steagall repeal hit here, Hillary.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Hrm. Why did NBC invite O'Malley if they're obviously not interested in asking him anything?

I mean, I know why. I'm no O'Malley fan. But at least pretend that you're running a legit and fair debate. :P

• Options
    Question: Will Bill be in your Cabinet?

• Options
    How do you respond to "Bill Clinton will be an adviser?"

Why even have a rebuttal?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    10% figure is made up

Hillary Clinton was heavily criticized by being too involved with the Bill Clinton Administration. Kinda interesting to hear what she she's his role would be, but like her I don't think it'd be formal or something declared here

Sanders is going to claim he's not calling Clinton or Obama corrupt later right?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
This discussion has been closed.