As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is a Glut of Superheroes on My TV! Most of them good!

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    The Batman in BvS is actually Deathstroke

The Superman is actually Zod

Kara Zor-El is ZOD

I'm actually a fan of that change in the nu-52 Kara being a less extreme Zod.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Like, they can't use Slade Wilson, a character that's been on the show since it started, but they can continue using Ra's al Ghul? It doesn't make sense

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Like, they can't use Slade Wilson, a character that's been on the show since it started, but they can continue using Ra's al Ghul? It doesn't make sense

nah, it makes sense, at least by the weird logic DC's media team uses. Deathstroke has been rumored to be showing up in Suicide Squad since shortly before the movie started filming, so if that ends up being the case, they're essentially clearing the way for the movie, as the show has seemed to be doing with characters connected to it since last season. Ra's, meanwhile, isn't slated to appear in any other big DC related property, so it's safe for them to keep using him until the movies decide it's time for him to show up again

it sucks because Slade was easily the best villain Arrow has had and was a super fun character to watch but i'm glad they were at least able to see out that storyline before the mandate came down and they had to unceremoniously remove him from play (hello Deadshot)

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Five Finger Deathstroke

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Ryan Reynolds is winning me over to the Deadpool character. I've skimmed different volumes of the new Deadpool comic at book stores, and I just don't get it.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Maybe because you're skimming them?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Destroyedstroke

Shadowrealmpool

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, maybe

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Destroyedstroke

Shadowrealmpool

Skullpoopl

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hfilboy

sig.gif
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Destroyedstroke

Gonestroke

Heated Stork

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Destroyedstroke

Gonestroke

Heated Stork

Raymond Luxury Yacht.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Cessation of vital functions resulting from a blockage of blood flow in the brain.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Destroyedstroke

Gonestroke

Heated Stork

Hardest Toke

(although that one probably wouldn't fly)

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Destroyedstroke

Gonestroke

Heated Stork

Raymond Luxury Yacht.

Throatwarbler Mangrove

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Not-coming-back-stroke

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Punished Stroke

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Continuing Jessica Jones

Is Episode 9 the one that everyone was talking about with characters making stupid decisions

Because yowza
    I could explain away a lot of them, but then Trish shot out the window, and I had to roll my eyes

And now in episode 10
    It looks like Hogarth cut the wire to make her ex-wife sign the papers, which, come on

I know Hogarth is The Worst, but come on

• Options
    Fuck
    SIMPSON YOU SHITTY BLACK MARKET CHINESE CAPTAIN AMERICA RIPOFF

WHY DID YOU SHOOT THAT COP

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Continuing Jessica Jones

Is Episode 9 the one that everyone was talking about with characters making stupid decisions

Because yowza
    I could explain away a lot of them, but then Trish shot out the window, and I had to roll my eyes

And now in episode 10
    It looks like Hogarth cut the wire to make her ex-wife sign the papers, which, come on

I don't think that first point was necessarily a stupid decision in the moment.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Continuing Jessica Jones

Because yowza

And now in episode 10

I mean
    She had decided not to shoot him earlier in the episode, she knew the room was hermetically sealed

I understand it was a heat of the moment thing, but that doesn't make it anything but stupid

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Continuing Jessica Jones

Because yowza

And now in episode 10

I mean
    She had decided not to shoot him earlier in the episode, she knew the room was hermetically sealed

I understand it was a heat of the moment thing, but that doesn't make it anything but stupid
    The other options were
    - try to get into the cell and save the parents via the door, potentially taking too long and risking getting controlled
    - try to fix the connection, which would take too long
    - leave the parents to both potentially die under Kilgrave's control, which would go against everything they were trying to achieve

Trish took the most reasonable and direct route available to them in the moment - try to shoot Kilgrave in the face and also get quick access to the parents.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    What this joke is being beaten to stroke

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Heh

jerkin' it

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Heh

jerkin' it
    This what you want on your tombstone, right?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I guess theoretically, but I'm gonna live forever so

• Options
    I keep trying to tell you watching Fame twice a day, every day, won't actually work!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I keep trying to tell you watching Fame twice a day, every day, won't actually work!

Part of the secret is never watching Fame, ever

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    why would anybody watch Fame

• Options
    why would anybody watch Fame
    Because they wanna live foreverrrr

Jesus it's right there in the song

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Destroyedstroke

Gonestroke

Heated Stork

Raymond Luxury Yacht.

Throatwarbler Mangrove

Benedict Cumberbatch

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    The Aristocrats

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Destroyedstroke

Gonestroke

Heated Stork

Raymond Luxury Yacht.

Throatwarbler Mangrove

Benedict Cumberbatch

You're just making things up now. That's a made up name.

• Options
    I just finished Jessica Jones

That was mostly pretty good! Higher highs and lower lows than Daredevil, but I'm definitely more interested in season 2 of JJ than I am in season 2 of DD

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hufflepuff Randomstaff

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Bucketman on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    hey blank

how often do you see Pym Particles as a mission reward in the Avengers Academy game? I've only received a handful and I'm not sure if it's because they are meant to be rare, or if I'm supposed to be doing something else to collect them

• Options
    Nah, they're meant to be pretty rare I think. I've only gotten enough to clear out 1 2 cost debris and 1 3 cost.

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.