As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can I get THE WITNESS (oh can I get a Witness)

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    after day 2 i've completed the symmetry area, the cherry blossom forest, the bunker, the marsh, and the shady trees, and i have strong headway into the treetops, the quarry, the castle, and the asian palace

and now to go to pax for 4 days and make that not seem like i've played way too much of this game

i'm at some 200 odd puzzles, though i'm still at +0

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    I have made some fantastic progress but man, fuck tetris.

Im getting the hang of it a little bit though

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Hah! After clearing the tetris zone I went back to the quarry and almost immediately figured out the last factory building puzzle which had me stumped last night. Total epiphany on what I was misunderstanding about the mechanics that came easily one day after it totally eluded me. That's a cool feeling.

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    I also appear to have got myself physically stuck in one place

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    oh my god the end of the bunker is killing me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    after day 2 i've completed the symmetry area, the cherry blossom forest, the bunker, the marsh, and the shady trees, and i have strong headway into the treetops, the quarry, the castle, and the asian palace

and now to go to pax for 4 days and make that not seem like i've played way too much of this game

Oh man that's probably a lot to still have +0.

I envy you when you finally get +1, your brain is going to explode.

broken image link
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Oh man that's probably a lot to still have +0.

I envy you when you finally get +1, your brain is going to explode.

Wait is that possible?
    I got a +1 .... um.... super fast, like immedietly

Barcardi on
  • Options
    AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    End of my day 2. At 203 puzzles solved, still at +0.

One thing that's interesting is it's possible to sort of sequence break in this game, in the sense that you can solve puzzles in your line of sight even if you haven't finished the prerequisites to actually reach them. I did a whole string of screens and three other puzzles this way. None of them let me skip any of my current screens though, I just did it because I could and had the eyesight to figure out the puzzles from a distance.

I'm in a situation where I think I'm equipped to solve some puzzles in past areas but I'm so close to completely finishing all the puzzles in my current one that I don't want to leave yet since the travel time will be so long.

• Options
    Night 2 capped off at 192+17.

3 zones down and I just figured out the desert so I can hit the ground running next time

Steam ID
  • Options
    I am seeing 5 possible +1s together in one place, and i can get them to work if i can figure out some other related thing.

ughhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    you can solve puzzles in your line of sight even if you haven't finished the prerequisites to actually reach them

"I refuse to believe in spooky action at a distance"

-albert einstein, noted fucker

also: 231 +50

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I realized how to get +1s about 100 panels in.

Such a cool thing.
    Every single detail of this game is so meticulous and intentional and Jonathan Blow is either a genius or a madman. Or both I guess.

rhylith on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Fuuuuuuck I think I just figured out how do the +1 puzzles and I'm away from this game until Monday FUCK

• Options
    +1 puzzles
    theyre the paths and shit in the environment that look like puzzles aren't they

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I don't even know what a +1 puzzle is.

Also can someone give me a hint on solving the puzzles with the Tetris pieces that are at an angle? Or at least the area that teaches you that? I found,
    The colored pools of water area that seems to teach the basic Tetris stuff but after doing those I did the puzzle after the two tutorial panels and nothing happened to I'm not sure where I'm supposed to progress from there.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Keep exploring that area, you'll find more tutorials

As for the crooked Tetris pieces
    You can rotate them

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Keep exploring that area, you'll find more tutorials

As for the crooked Tetris pieces
    You can rotate them

Ahhhh! Okay.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I don't even know what you guys are talking about with +1s yet. I got to play for maybe an hour, clearing the intro, cherry blossoms, going down into the windmill and noping out, and then going to the coast for the... boat house and rock island. Stuck on the last puzzle set on the rock island before having to do podcast stuffs.

Really interesting game for how bare bones it is. Certainly a zeitgeist feel to it though, between people talking about it here and elsewhere.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am really curious just how different the entire game would feel if there were written tutorials in it on how each puzzle mechanic works

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I am really curious just how different the entire game would feel if there were written tutorials in it on how each puzzle mechanic works

It would be much much shorter

The puzzles are all teaching you nuances of the rules up until the last few of each area

It's a huge part of why I'm going to be Jonathan Blowing this game's dick for years to come, it understands that teaching and challenging are the same thing and deeply intertwines them

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    I don't even know what a +1 puzzle is.

Also can someone give me a hint on solving the puzzles with the Tetris pieces that are at an angle? Or at least the area that teaches you that? I found,
    The colored pools of water area that seems to teach the basic Tetris stuff but after doing those I did the puzzle after the two tutorial panels and nothing happened to I'm not sure where I'm supposed to progress from there.

take a closer look at that puzzle where nothing happened and how it might relate to the physical space you are in

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

It'd be much less frustrating

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

It'd be much less interesting

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hey, that's not what I said at all!

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    okay i did it this is installing now

i'm so excited to feel so dumb

• Options
    Someone explain to me in basic terms what a +1 puzzle is. I think I know but I want to be sure.

• Options
    Swamp, I guess?
    YIuJxlx.jpg
    WHAT ARE YOU

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I was way over thinking that last pink tree puzzle.

• Options
    Swamp, I guess?
    YIuJxlx.jpg
    WHAT ARE YOU

FUCK YOU LIGHTBOX I BEAT YOU

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Someone explain to me in basic terms what a +1 puzzle is. I think I know but I want to be sure.
    There are parts of the environment that when looked at from the correct perspective, mimic the visual language of a panel puzzle, and can be manipulated the same way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    There are parts of the environment that when looked at from the correct perspective, mimic the visual language of a panel puzzle, and can be manipulated the same way.
    Gotcha! I have found many of those!

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Just got a 1GB patch for this on Steam - anybody know what's up with it?

• Options

Sounds like it was to deal with a sound stuttering bug that folks with certain hardware were getting

Steam ID
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

http://steamcommunity.com/app/210970/discussions/0/458607518210424784/#c458607518210466203
    A potential fix for people who have audio problems, plus a couple of fixes to people getting stuck outside of valid gameplay space.

There are no proper patch notes, but Jonathan Blow has been posting on the Steam forums. I think so far it's all fixes for technical issues.

• Options
    Castle
    eMtTEDA.jpg
    HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS, JONATHAN

DON'T DO ME LIKE THAT, JON

I THOUGHT WE WERE BROS, JON-BOY

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I haven't done that one yet but are you certain the grey part is impassible

• Options
    They require walking on physical spaces to activate and there is a giant pile of debris there so it is physically impossible to do

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    They require walking on physical spaces to activate and there is a giant pile of debris there so it is physically impossible to do

Actually...
    From one side you can activate that panel.
    Do the puzzle backwards.

• Options
    ...it only blocks half of it

you can just walk on the other half

yelling-at-the-sky.jpg

6F32U1X.png