As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I wonder if GP will be a stat we can see for players on the Clan screen. It'd be interesting to see how everyone stacks up, though I imagine some would use it as a way to 'cull' lower powered characters.

Similarly, the 'contribution list' that the TB page talks about; while it'll be interesting to see how much everyone contributes, I imagine there'll be some friction in more than a few places as even active players start getting side eye or the boot for not putting in enough time/effort/having a deep enough bench.

No, I know that not all guilds are 'tryhard bastards' about these things, hell probably even the minority, but I imagine it won't be long before there's some sob story showing up on Reddit about guilds being hardasses with a new 'you must be THIS TALL to be a member' rule instituted.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    On forgotten ships. I unlocked Vader's today and man that is brutal even at the lower star it unlocks at. Like Darth mauls.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Vader's TIE is pretty great. I'm 41 shards from its 7th star and can't wait to finish that off.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    I wonder if GP will be a stat we can see for players on the Clan screen. It'd be interesting to see how everyone stacks up, though I imagine some would use it as a way to 'cull' lower powered characters.

Similarly, the 'contribution list' that the TB page talks about; while it'll be interesting to see how much everyone contributes, I imagine there'll be some friction in more than a few places as even active players start getting side eye or the boot for not putting in enough time/effort/having a deep enough bench.

No, I know that not all guilds are 'tryhard bastards' about these things, hell probably even the minority, but I imagine it won't be long before there's some sob story showing up on Reddit about guilds being hardasses with a new 'you must be THIS TALL to be a member' rule instituted.
    I'd assume that GP will definitely be visible, much like how arena power is an available filter. It's something that I would almost say is a must for guild leaders/officers, as combined GP for the guild will determine what you can do in Territory. If you have someone way low and isn't progressing, you'd have to give the boot to make way. While it sucks for the one getting the boot, it's worse for the rest of the guild to be held back by someone who isn't helping.

Our guild is pretty loose with that stuff, so long as you're making progress. If you're not, you can be quickly replaced if they find someone else who is willing to be more involved. I'm 100% okay with that.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Yeah, I used to be the axe man for my guild, at least when our main issue was people going MIA for weeks at a time, then came the need to stay on top of raid tickets (not unreasonable, but it's another piece of bookkeeping someone has to do), and now this.

I put in a lifetime of WoW raiding and I'm pretty sure we're getting to a point where a 'little mobile game' might have more rules, policies, and requirements than my old server progression raiding guild. :-P

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Ooh, I can unlock my first Zeta!

And I have no freaking clue who to use it on.

I've been using Sith, with Nihilus lead--he's just shy of 6*. I could also go with Vader or Maul. Or any of a bunch of others...but those 3 seem to be the ones to go for first.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Have they given a date yet for when the Territory Battles will go live?

Also, I'm having a difficult time prioritizing my shards right now. Been working on Phoenix Squad and they aren't done yet. Also working on Old Ben. He's at 9/100.

The problem is, the 3 dudes I'm working on all compete for Cantina energy. Old Ben, Hera, and Ezra are all in the cantina. Any suggestions? Should I just stick with Old Ben till I have him done?

• Options
    I've been wondering when TB would fire up as well. We've had too many features take forever despite being "soon", but they have shown us a substantial amount about them, and yet they haven't deigned to give us a release date, so I think that either they're still fixing odds and ends (which can take quite a while as we've all seen), or they decided to throw us a bone a little early as a way to change the discussion from how annoyed some people were by the shitty way they launched the brief window for Commander Skywalker.

At this point I'd assume it'll land before the end of the year, but that's about it. It could drop today for all I know, but I wouldn't put money on it.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Have they given a date yet for when the Territory Battles will go live?

Also, I'm having a difficult time prioritizing my shards right now. Been working on Phoenix Squad and they aren't done yet. Also working on Old Ben. He's at 9/100.

The problem is, the 3 dudes I'm working on all compete for Cantina energy. Old Ben, Hera, and Ezra are all in the cantina. Any suggestions? Should I just stick with Old Ben till I have him done?

Who do you want first? Thrawn or Luke?

• Options
    Some people have been speculating that Thrawn might return soon (Sept or Oct?) based on the rotation they seem to have going with Yoda and Palpatine. Since those events don't show up for people who have them unlocked, I usually only catch that they're even happening by what stupid overpriced packs they're trying to sell in the store at a given time, but I'm currently farming as though Thrawn might show up again in the next few weeks.

Just need 22 more shards on Sabine and 45 on Ezra to have a full team to try the 7 star version, but I'm farming them more in the shops than anything, so that's still RNG willing as to when they finish off.

Old Ben needs 43 to hit 7*, so that's close to finishing.

Hoth Rebel Soldier needs... 161 shards to 7*. Ugh. I really hope he shows up in a shop of one sort or another.

First Order Stormtrooper needs 41 to get to 5* for the last mod challenge I'm working on.

Plus work on First Order TIE pilot (82 from 7*), Tie Pilot (263...) and Sith Assassin.

Lots of long term projects on the go, and that's before accounting for the 3 new characters we have coming soon (Hermit Yoda, Hoth Han and Hoth Leia) plus what I can only assume will be more events/characters around the release of Episode 8 (another reason to keep poking at those last 2 First Order characters, but at least the Resistance ones are all capped).

• Options
    See, I'm of the opposite mind. This is just my own personal gut feeling that we're going to be seeing Commander Luke again very soon. They're still running those Luke flash events and with Territory Battles coming soon, it just feels like they're gonna do a second chance at him very soon.

I'm gonna keep going on Old Ben first. I might regret it, but it just feels to me as if the focus is on Rebels right now.

• Options
    If you just go by the unlock requirements, you only need Phoenix Squad at 5*. And Thrawn might even be usable at 5 or 6.

So from that perspective, I'd go for Ben.

• Options
    Old Ben: 9/100

Hera: 9/85
    Ezra: 10/85
    Sabine: 66/100
    Kanan: Max
    Chopper: Max
    Zeb: Max

After I finish that out, I will probably go all-in on First Order and Resistance. I don't even have Poe or Finn unlocked because they're kind of garbage right now. But I want to be prepared for The Last Jedi.

My First Order looks like this:

Phasma: Max
    Kylo: Max
    TIE Pilot: Max
    Storm Trooper: 51/65
    Officer: 16/30

So I have some work to do on First Order.

And Resistance is:

Rey: Max
    R2: Max
    Pilot: 37/100
    Trooper: 23/30
    Poe: 29/50, locked
    Finn: 21/80, locked

• Options
    Yeah I'm working on resistance (guild store) first order (daily hard battles for storm trooper, cantina points for the officer) and old ben (cantina energy). First Order and resistance because like you guys said clearly they are going to be for something with force awakens. Specifically jedi rey.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I feel pretty confident we'll get Thrawn back way before we get CLS back.
    Also Resistance are good. Zeta Finn and super high speed Poe wreck shit

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    I can't dispute that, but I've also never seen it. Nobody runs Resistance.

I've only faced a Resistance team once in the last 6+ months, and I absolutely destroyed it with my Zeta Maul team.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I can't dispute that, but I've also never seen it. Nobody runs Resistance.

I've only faced a Resistance team once in the last 6+ months, and I absolutely destroyed it with my Zeta Maul team.

I got annihilated by one recently. I hadn't even anticipated it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I got ambushed with a top tier Rogue One squad a week or two back. Things went completely sideways in short order, I had to back out and ask aloud what the fuck just happened before digging back into it.

Also hit a First Order team that just started lighting people up.

Even if it's nasty, at least those are a bit more interesting than facing the same dozen'ish characters all the time, especially for hard nodes. It'd be amazing if the GW was designed to not only set groups by power level but also to restrict how often a given character can show up. Do I really need to face Vader in like 8 of 12 battles? Not that he's hard, simply it's boring to have a game mechanic that's all about ostensibly using ALL of our collections, and then find out it's just like the Arena but with slightly more variety.

• Options
    Rogue one squad is bullshit. Especially with chiruuts never ending heal bullshit. I swear they stealth nerfed Barris when I gave her her zeta, but Chirrut with his apply HOTS anytime someone does a turn makes baze and even the droid impossible to kill.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Well, that's something. Wedge (L), Biggs, Commander Luke Skywalker, and Zolo absolutely turn Heroic Rancor into butter. They can complete that entire raid in minutes. The damage output is insane.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    While I like the increase from 3 to 5 for Hard battles, it is much worse to get 0 shards from 5 battles.

• Options
    I mean, I get 0 shards all the time.

14 sim tickets spent in the cantina? 0 shards.
    5 sims on Lightside hard? 0 shards.
    5 sims on Darkside hard? 0 shards.

I started collecting Hoth Soldier and Hoth Scout shards when someone here mentioned that they would be wanted for Territory Battles. I've been doing that for like 3 weeks now. Maybe more. I dunno. But in that time I think I've gotten 2 Soldier shards and maybe 6 Scout shards. Two shards in a month of farming. It's ridiculous.

• Options
    I should say "it feels much worse". It's easier to accept going 0/3.

But damn, that's some shit luck on the Hoth dudes.

• Options
    On the various other forums, the number thrown around for pretty much every shard farm is 1/3, so while getting 0/3 was common, I generally found (anecdotally) that ~1/3 was about what I was getting too. Sometimes I'd get lower, once in a while I'd hit a nice spike, but yeah, dozens of attempts without a single shard would be obnoxious and ire garnering.

Speaking of the Territory Battles, I found some guides to them that are showing up on Reddit, touching on the datamined info for the battles themselves, and also the character squads we'll need for them.

• Options
    Forar wrote: »
    Speaking of the Territory Battles, I found some guides to them that are showing up on Reddit, touching on the datamined info for the battles themselves, and also the character squads we'll need for them.
    7-star CLS is a requirement for Phase 5? Well fuck a badger... now I'm convinced we'll see the CLS event before Thrawn. Dark side toons are useless to TB, except for deployments. I'm glad I started working on Hoth Soldier/Scout about a month ago in prep for this. Those two take forever to farm.

• Options
    I just finished Old Ben off (fuck that farm), and now I'm working on Hera, who would be my 6th Phoenix character at 7 stars, but her leader ability is probably too good to pass up on for Thrawn, and I want to 7* him next time he shows up, whenever that is.

I look forward to like the fucking Mob Enforcer being a linchpin character for the next major release because 'fuck you that's why', but whatever.

...jokes on them, my Mob Enforcer is at 4 stars already and I'm stockpiling Cantina points for a rush to 7 or to dump into whatever character they put in there next.

Though that's not really an accurate example, it should be a character that isn't super valuable for anything else AND can't be farmed from a shop. That's what makes some of this bullshit particularly frustrating.

At the same time, it's similarly funny to have Hoth Rebel Soldier only needed at 5 stars, I believe. So everyone has been panic farming him (myself included) forever and unlike previous situations, I imagine many people have already hit or overshot that target. Mine's at 30/85 and... meh, guess I might as well finish him off.

• Options
    I'm aiming to get Thrawn with Hera, Kanan, Ezra, Chopper and Zeb all gear 8. If i have time i'll push Ezra higher as he'll be useful in other modes. I actually have Sabine 7* too but people online say she's not essential

• Options
    So if Sabine is not essential, does that mean the top Phoenix squad is Hera (L), Kanan, Ezra, Zeb, and Chopper? And Sabine sits on the bench?

• Options
    Only problem for me is that Sabine is way easier to acquire than Ezra especially since I have to use my cantina energy on old ben right now.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The idea is the Ezra does most of the damage, Kanan is useful for his counterattack which Hera gives to the whole team, chopper gives self healing to the whole team and is a 2nd taunt, and Zeb gives out Daze which gives you breathing room.
    Sabine is high damage but a glass cannon.
    Anyway that's just my understanding from various reddit threads. Other load outs are possible and obviously if you can push more characters to gear 9+ and/or give them good mods you'll have a better time

• Options
    I'm still stacking up that shard store waiting for whatever they throw in next. I'm almost at 7k and won't buy a damn thing that cycles through. Considering you only get 10 shards per post-7-star shards, it's not worth spending 150 for 3 toon shards. I'd rather hold onto it and wait until they toss in someone new.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    I was just able to solo the heroic Rancor raid on autoplay after adding CLS to my main raid team. He might be a little OP.

• Options
    A guildmate of mine just did 10 million damage on Phase 2 Rancor raid (tier 6) using a Vader leader team that included CLS. He said that with all the turn-meter reduction his team did that he was able to basically go indefinitely on that round. The rancor got to act 3 times before he pushed it to the next phase. Note that he didn't start at 100% life on P2. Some damage had already been done when he hit that 10m mark.

• Options
    Mini update. Looks like Galactic Power is in now. You can find it on the Character screen.

• Options
    Full update will go live thursday probably, and we'll get Territory Battles and Fulcrum Ahsoka in the shard shop (for a limited time) and also in ship shop (forever presumably)

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Why is OG Ahsoka a Jedi but Fulcrum is not? This makes no sense. If Kanan and Ezra are, then Fulcrum should be as well.

EDIT: Never mind. I totally forgot about stuff and now remember.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Why is OG Ahsoka a Jedi but Fulcrum is not? This makes no sense. If Kanan and Ezra are, then Fulcrum should be as well.

Rebels spoilers
    They let themselves he called Jedi. She refuses the label.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »

Rebels spoilers
    They let themselves he called Jedi. She refuses the label.
    Yeah, I completely forgot about the trial and her refusal to rejoin the order. Thanks for jogging my memory.

• Options
    They need to make a new classification in this game. "Grey Jedi." And they need to release Jolee Bindo from KOTOR.

They also need to release Revan and Bastila. The precedent for Old Republic era characters has already been set. Twice. We have HK and Nihilus. Plus, the Sith Trooper and Sith Assassin are basically both out of SWTOR.

I'd take Satele Shan too, please. And Niko.

• Options
    Yeah I had a "nope" moment yesterday, Commander luke, 7 star fucking fulcrum (how? HOW?) and the usual cast of fuck yous for a last gw node.

pleasepaypreacher.net