The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

WAIT

145791012

Posts

  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    edited February 5
    cB557 wrote: »
    empty sack
    >empty sack
    I don't know the word "empty".

    >open sack
    Opening the brown sack reveals a lunch, and a clove of garlic.


    (edit: hey look how much we've explored already)

    hPepDFa.jpg

    (If you're curious, this beautiful map was sold separately from the game, by a company called the Zork User's Group)

    (I'm enjoying parceling out the map but if you think it's giving too much away or you'd rather map everything yourself let me know and I'll stop)

    wandering on
    cB557
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Nah, I like having the map. Thanks for taking the effort to crop the relevant sections for me and covering up areas that I haven't explore yet, by the way.
    remove garlic from sack

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
    wandering
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Nah, I like having the map. Thanks for taking the effort to crop the relevant sections for me and covering up areas that I haven't explore yet, by the way.
    remove garlic from sack
    >remove garlic from sack
    Taken.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Shit, that means it's in my inventory, right? I just meant to empty the bag.
    Well, whatever.
    take sack

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    >take sack
    Taken.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Now I just need some gifts, and then I can trick the chimney into thinking I'm santa so it'll let me go down it
    e then n then n then up

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    (luckily it doesn't seem like taking the food has awoken any Pan's Labyrinth style monsters. Probably.)

    cB557 wrote: »
    Now I just need some gifts, and then I can trick the chimney into thinking I'm santa so it'll let me go down it
    e then n then n then up
    >e then n then n then up
    Behind House
    You are behind the white house. A path leads into the forest to the east. In one corner of the house there is a small window which is open.

    North of House
    You are facing the north side of a white house. There is no door here, and all the windows are boarded up. To the north a narrow path winds through the trees.

    Forest Path
    This is a path winding through a dimly lit forest. The path heads north-south here. One particularly large tree with some low branches stands at the edge of the path.

    Up a Tree
    You are about 10 feet above the ground nestled among some large branches. The nearest branch above you is above your reach.
    Beside you on the branch is a small bird's nest.
    In the bird's nest is a large egg encrusted with precious jewels, apparently scavenged by a childless songbird. The egg is covered with fine gold inlay, and ornamented in lapis lazuli and mother-of-pearl. Unlike most eggs, this one is hinged and closed with a delicate looking clasp. The egg appears extremely fragile.
    You hear in the distance the chirping of a song bird.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    put egg in sack
    I hoping this'll be enough to let me bring the egg down the tree without breaking it.

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
    wandering
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    edited February 5
    cB557 wrote: »
    put egg in sack
    I hoping this'll be enough to let me bring the egg down the tree without breaking it.
    >save
    Please supply a filename for save
    Ok.

    >put egg in sack
    You don't have the jewel-encrusted egg.

    >get egg
    Taken.

    >examine egg
    The jewel-encrusted egg is closed.

    >put egg in sack
    Done.

    (I hadn't been paying too much attention to the score counter, but apparently we had 25 points, and taking the egg brought us to 30.)

    femWcZJ.png?1

    wandering on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Didn't even know there was a score in this.
    d

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    >d
    Forest Path
    This is a path winding through a dimly lit forest. The path heads north-south here. One particularly large tree with some low branches stands at the edge of the path.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Well, first I guess I'll just see if it's still intact.
    examine egg

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Well, first I guess I'll just see if it's still intact.
    examine egg
    >examine egg
    The jewel-encrusted egg is closed.

    (seems ok!)

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hrm. I just looked back and oh yeah, I couldn't open the egg last time because I didn't know how, not because I was in a tree.
    Well, I guess
    get egg then s then e then w then w

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Hrm. I just looked back and oh yeah, I couldn't open the egg last time because I didn't know how, not because I was in a tree.
    Well, I guess
    get egg then s then e then w then w
    >get egg then s then e then w then w
    Taken.

    North of House
    You are facing the north side of a white house. There is no door here, and all the windows are boarded up. To the north a narrow path winds through the trees.

    Behind House
    You are behind the white house. A path leads into the forest to the east. In one corner of the house there is a small window which is open.

    Kitchen
    You are in the kitchen of the white house. A table seems to have been used recently for the preparation of food. A passage leads to the west and a dark staircase can be seen leading upward. A dark chimney leads down and to the east is a small window which is open.
    A bottle is sitting on the table.
    The glass bottle contains:
    A quantity of water

    Living Room
    You are in the living room. There is a doorway to the east, a wooden door with strange gothic lettering to the west, which appears to be nailed shut, a trophy case, and a closed trap door at your feet.
    A battery-powered brass lantern is on the trophy case.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    ...Was that lantern always there? Wait, shit, it was. I remember being surprised that batteries were a thing in this. I was gonna look at the nailed shut door closer but fuck it, new plan.
    get lantern then use lantern

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
    wandering
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    (I was like ahh should I nudge him about the lantern, and then I'm like no I'm trying hard not to give too much guidance)

    (I have a specific memory of how I thought the trophy case looked when I played this as a kid. It was a tall wooden box with a slanted lid. I have no idea where that notion came from. Of course the trophy case is probably supposed to look like, well, a trophy case)

    N8I2Tjc.jpg?1

    DuJUnE3.jpg?1



    >get lantern
    Taken.

    >use lantern
    I don't know the word "use".

    >turn on lantern
    The brass lantern is now on.

    cB557
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    e then u

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    e then u

    >save
    Please supply a filename for save
    Ok.

    >e then u
    Kitchen
    You are in the kitchen of the white house. A table seems to have been used recently for the preparation of food. A passage leads to the west and a dark staircase can be seen leading upward. A dark chimney leads down and to the east is a small window which is open.
    A bottle is sitting on the table.
    The glass bottle contains:
    A quantity of water

    Attic
    This is the attic. The only exit is a stairway leading down.
    A large coil of rope is lying in the corner.
    On a table is a nasty-looking knife.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    get knife then get rope
    I'd like to shout "hey, is someone living here, I think I accidentally broke into your house, can we talk" but I don't think I can do that, and they've already killed me once before so I think I'm just gonna abandon civility and steal everything that seems like it might be useful later or that whoever else is here could use to kill me.

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
    wandering
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    >get all
    nasty knife: Taken.
    rope: Taken.

    >hello
    Goodbye.

    >shout "hey, is someone living here, I think I accidentally broke into your house, can we talk"
    Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

    I don't know the word "hey".

    >talk
    What do you want to talk to?

    >myself
    Talking to yourself is said to be a sign of impending mental collapse.

    cB557
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    d then w then save

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    >d then w
    Kitchen
    You are in the kitchen of the white house. A table seems to have been used recently for the preparation of food. A passage leads to the west and a dark staircase can be seen leading upward. A dark chimney leads down and to the east is a small window which is open.
    A bottle is sitting on the table.
    The glass bottle contains:
    A quantity of water

    Living Room
    You are in the living room. There is a doorway to the east, a wooden door with strange gothic lettering to the west, which appears to be nailed shut, a trophy case, and a closed trap door at your feet.

    >save
    Please supply a filename for save
    Ok.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    d

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    edited February 6
    >d
    The trap door is closed.



    >open trap door
    The door reluctantly opens to reveal a rickety staircase descending into darkness.

    >d
    The trap door crashes shut, and you hear someone barring it.

    Cellar
    You are in a dark and damp cellar with a narrow passageway leading north, and a crawlway to the south. On the west is the bottom of a steep metal ramp which is unclimbable.
    Your sword is glowing with a faint blue glow.

    (I'm going to use the magic of photoshop to try a new approach with the map)

    zpgz0JI.jpg

    (also)

    uruUIHB.jpg

    wandering on
    cB557
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    n

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    edited February 6
    >n
    The Troll Room
    This is a small room with passages to the east and south and a forbidding hole leading west. Bloodstains and deep scratches (perhaps made by an axe) mar the walls.

    (man good thing whatever caused those blood stains and axe marks isn't-)

    A nasty-looking troll, brandishing a bloody axe, blocks all passages out of the room.

    (oh shi-)

    Your sword has begun to glow very brightly.

    YiaISag.jpg

    wandering on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'm unsure of my ability to kill things in this. Now seems like as good a time as any to start finding that out. Plus the sword glowing might mean it's got trollbane or whatever.
    swing sword at troll

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    >swing sword at troll
    You charge, but the troll jumps nimbly aside.
    The axe crashes against the rock, throwing sparks!

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I checked the instructions again to see if there were any combat mechanics I'd missed. Seems not, but there was one example of an input they gave that I kinda wanna try.
    troll, give me the axe

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I checked the instructions again to see if there were any combat mechanics I'd missed. Seems not, but there was one example of an input they gave that I kinda wanna try.
    troll, give me the axe
    >troll, give me the axe
    The troll isn't much of a conversationalist.
    The troll pauses for a moment, perhaps thinking that you should re-read the manual.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hrm. Well, I don't have a lot of other ideas so I think I'll try attacking more, see if it's the same result every time or not.
    swing sword at troll

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Hrm. Well, I don't have a lot of other ideas so I think I'll try attacking more, see if it's the same result every time or not.
    swing sword at troll
    >swing sword at troll
    A good slash, but it misses the troll by a mile.
    The troll swings his axe, and it nicks your arm as you dodge.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    stab troll with sword

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    stab troll with sword
    >stab troll with sword
    You charge, but the troll jumps nimbly aside.
    The axe sweeps past as you jump aside.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Yup, that definitely seems futile.
    lasso troll with rope

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    >lasso troll with rope
    I don't know the word "lasso".

    >tie troll with rope
    That sentence isn't one I recognize.

    >tie up troll with rope
    You could certainly never tie it with that!
    The troll's mighty blow drops you to your knees.

    (ah..mm)

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Okay so this feels dumb, but I'm kinda blanking on other ideas so I'm just gonna try doing what seems like a thing people do with glowing swords and I'm just gonna hope it does something
    raise sword above head

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    >raise sword above head
    I don't know the word "above".

    >raise sword
    Playing in this way with the sword has no effect.
    The flat of the troll's axe hits you delicately on the head, knocking you out.
    Conquering his fears, the troll puts you to death.
    It appears that that last blow was too much for you. I'm afraid you are dead.

    **** You have died ****

    Now, let's take a look here... Well, you probably deserve another chance. I can't quite fix you up completely, but you can't have everything.

    Forest
    This is a forest, with trees in all directions. To the east, there appears to be sunlight.

    (Welp.)

    (Up to you if you want to restore or keep going.)

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Yeah, let's just
    load

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
145791012
This discussion has been closed.