Options

[The Division] is a game that still exists

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    turrets were already useless at level 30 because NPCs pretty much killed them in 0.2 seconds

but yeah eliminating suppression? I thought that was the whole point of turrets?

it's not like they do enough damage to be worth a fuck at level 30 so suppression was their only value

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    shock turret with the perk that spreads shock to nearby enemies was REALLY good

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Pony wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    turrets were already useless at level 30 because NPCs pretty much killed them in 0.2 seconds

but yeah eliminating suppression? I thought that was the whole point of turrets?

it's not like they do enough damage to be worth a fuck at level 30 so suppression was their only value

You can spec out the turrets to be pretty damn tough for extra time, survival and damage with gear mods. When I throw one into a mob, I usually take out a couple purples or a yellow.

I use the shooty version, and I suspect the patch will end up needing a secondary nerf. The suppression is the only reason that my turret doesn't melt whole mobs right now.

There are also a few tactics that keep it alive longer. I've found that throwing it on something - cars, bus stops, etc. - greatly increases its survival.

Even beyond that, they are damned good for distracting a powerful mob long enough to escape and even slowing down rogues. As a solo player, I've found it invaluable. I've switched up my skills several times, but I keep coming back to the pulse/turret combo.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    DZ is stressing me out running with a teammate. I'm group leader, it's my responsibility to get everyone out alive. Also fear of PC hackers. Saw a guy today gliding around in perma-crouch like he was in cover, hit me with a single seeker with neither of us showing rogue status.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Well, just ran into my first hacker; or possibly someone so ridiculously overgeared compared to everyone else in the DZ as to be indistinguishable from one. Gotta say, as much as I hate the jerk, blaring Yakkety Sax from his mic was a nice touch.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Yeah, I used that for a good long while, I've been trying the flame turret recently but it's not the same. I do get to use Wildfire with it and the fire seekers, but I only made the switch from shock turret/gas seekers because I foolishly specced out of firearms into electronics for a not-at-all-important weapon talent. I haven't bothered to re-adjust because I'm due for new gear soon anyway.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    For those who want to look before you buy, here's my current collection:
    obb55jg1bx45.jpg

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I like how that talent has literally no usage after this. :)
    There is no weapon or ability with a shock component other than the turret. :rotate:
    Weaver wrote: »
    DZ is stressing me out running with a teammate. I'm group leader, it's my responsibility to get everyone out alive. Also fear of PC hackers. Saw a guy today gliding around in perma-crouch like he was in cover, hit me with a single seeker with neither of us showing rogue status.
    We've just recieved a community manager response to these issues:
    l2p, lol!!!

Panda4You on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    For those who want to look before you buy, here's my current collection:
    obb55jg1bx45.jpg

The foliage green was such a disappointment

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I hope they add goofy stuff like hearts and smiley faces to the camo patterns.

Do we have any idea what the gear reqs for the Incursion will be? I've got all level 30 high end stuff from vendors and drops and I'm hoping that'll be enough for normal mode.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    CADPAT! Gotta keep an eye out for that

Even though it would clash horribly with my white coordination, man I'd kill for some properly white pants

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

Even though it would clash horribly with my white coordination, man I'd kill for some properly white pants

Modern military pants are mostly white, those might do if you have them.

• Options
    Where did I park my X-Wing?
    ikf7ttqfv2xh.jpg

• Options

Apparently Digital : CADPAT is today available for level 5 characters who have the Supply Line unlocked, so grab your lowest level alt :wink:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Hah! Alts!

I definitely regret spending the Phoenix points on this MK-17 blueprint, this thing is a bit of a piece of poo

Hobnail on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    are we talking about the LVOA-C in here? That thing is murder lazer! It'd be nice if I could get a yellow one.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    got a red white and blue skin. gonna give these assholes a taste of AMERICA

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hah! Alts!

I definitely regret spending the Phoenix points on this MK-17 blueprint, this thing is a bit of a piece of poo

Yeah, I had to use the MK-17 for a while as it was the best marksman rifle I could find, and I could not toss it onto the street fast enough when I got something better.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIKOlharuZY

Servers should be down soon to prepare for 1.1. I cannot wait for more reasonable DZ vendors, although I may be a little short on funds for a gold.

• Options
    Seems I hit 30 right when the no dailies bug popped up, so still haven't done a daily yet.

• Options
    Yeah, I tried to do one today and got various forms of crashes. It's a shame, two of the groups I was with really knew what they were doing.

• Options
    Managed to knock out the power plant challenging daily despite the host being laggy as hell. Screen kept freezing and when I could fight I'd put twenty bullets into an enemy before any damage would pop up.

• Options
    Guaranteed golds off of named enemies is a huge deal, I'm mostly outfitted with gold stuff now, even if most of my gear is hilariously biased towards health. I definitely hit 30 at the right time - knocking out the hard daily missions and the assignments gives me my fill each day.

• Options
    Having a hard time getting a gold M60. DZ seems the most direct route but unless I can stay up past midnight it's full of rogues.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    So I finished the main storyline I... I think?
    I fully upgraded Security first, and as soon as I did, I had a notification to talk to the head of that department. I got a nice little cutscene about how people felt safe enough to walk around on the street and maybe even stores were reopening. I thought that was a great little slice of actually sticking to the "taking back the city" narrative.

Then I did Medical and Technical and... nothing? Not even a voice over the radio saying thank you for getting us fully operational?

Then I took the UN and shot down the helicopter and... even more nothing? Seriously - nothing??

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I fully upgraded Security first, and as soon as I did, I had a notification to talk to the head of that department. I got a nice little cutscene about how people felt safe enough to walk around on the street and maybe even stores were reopening. I thought that was a great little slice of actually sticking to the "taking back the city" narrative.

Then I did Medical and Technical and... nothing? Not even a voice over the radio saying thank you for getting us fully operational?

Then I took the UN and shot down the helicopter and... even more nothing? Seriously - nothing??

Well at that point all the main groups have had their leaderships decapitated, so there's no major organisations left to fight.
    but,
    there is an echo now accessible in chelsea which shows that Aaron Keener (rogue division agent) has a working sample of a new virus strain)

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    The story clearly continues in DLC

• Options
    Come on zombie crab monsters...

• Options

If I recall, the notifications to speak to the department heads spring up after completing certain missions, not upgrading the wing. You should have had another discussion with the other two at some point as they gave you a similar update of how things are going.

But yeah, some recognition for 100%ing a wing beyond an achievement would have been nice, especially when the base is at 100%. I also kinda hoped there would be a mini celebration after defeating Bliss (even just NPCs cheering the next time you walk in), but there's only Faye's dialogue after you investigate the Unknown Signal.

• Options

If I recall, the notifications to speak to the department heads spring up after completing certain missions, not upgrading the wing. You should have had another discussion with the other two at some point as they gave you a similar update of how things are going.

But yeah, some recognition for 100%ing a wing beyond an achievement would have been nice, especially when the base is at 100%. I also kinda hoped there would be a mini celebration after defeating Bliss (even just NPCs cheering the next time you walk in), but there's only Faye's dialogue after you investigate the Unknown Signal.

I'm actually kinda really mad about this!!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    finally did an incursion

gotta say I am disappointed

basically you are forced into a certain build and the trial and error is too much

• Options
    Yeah, I'm hoping Broken Circle is better, but unless it was already planned to be radically different it's probably too late for them to make it equivalent to a Destiny raid. I feel like they should remove the AI's ability to hack your gear, as that just makes seeker mines and turrets a liability.

That said, the two incursions I've completed have been very generous for me. After obtaining one piece of Striker gear and crafting two more, my second run gave me a fourth piece to give me the set bonus (damage boost every time your hit) which is crazy good for dealing with elites. It seems to make shotguns more viable, too, as each pellet counts as a hit.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I have yet to try it. I'm not a very regular player, if I do log in I like to run the challenge daily and maybe fuddle about with some gear stuff. shootin' dudes is still fun when I get the urge

• Options
    I'm still running around solo. I'm enjoying the dailys, just slowly farming phoenix creds to try and get a good M1A.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I'm yet to finish the incursion. Due to salty quitters, disconnect shenanigans and general terribleness the furthest I've got is the wave before last.

Would love to get me some more Striker pieces.

• Options
    It took me a while to realise that the talent which provides DR when you kill while moving is really good for Falcon Lost, assuming everyone takes the pit.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Falcon Lost requires SMG/Marksman weapon combo

and everyone having First Aid and Survivor Link on a rotation

it's the worst

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So the Underground DLC has been out on Xbox for a while and hits PS4 on Tuesday
    Has anyone played it? and are any of the PS4 crew gonna be around to group up with?

• Options
    number13number13 Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've played it on Xbone. It's alright. It's fun in that it provides a good amount of new content, and the new incursion is actually the most fun of the three, but I honestly think some of the new sets are either useless or broken, and the new DZ bracket is just terrible.

2w3e5cp.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'll definitely hop back into this to check out the new stuff!