I would care about people exploit farming if:

1) this game had an actual player economy, and

2) it wasn't so goddamn stingy with gold div tech

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    And also if hackers weren't a thing.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    On PS4 i've had a pretty good time getting the gold division tech, but i do have quite a few high scavenging items.

I haven't seen any hackers though, are you on pc? That's why I decided not to get the game on pc :/

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    On PS4 i've had a pretty good time getting the gold division tech, but i do have quite a few high scavenging items.

I haven't seen any hackers though, are you on pc? That's why I decided not to get the game on pc :/

Yeah the hacking is pretty exclusively PC. It's actually their bonus content.

"And you get extra awesome super losers who have to cheat to win in video games."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    It seems like the kind of cheating that could easily be hotfixed, too!

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Triage with regards to development. I mean it's taken them a week + to resolve the multi person and boss exploits. Fixing cheaters which are always ahead of you on the PC is spent capitol.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

You'd think with all the problems that Dark Souls had with PvP hackers, Ubisoft would have taken measures to stop it in the initial release.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Triage with regards to development. I mean it's taken them a week + to resolve the multi person and boss exploits. Fixing cheaters which are always ahead of you on the PC is spent capitol.

The biggest problem with PC cheaters is the fact that gun RPM is stored client side, in an .ini file, as I understand it. Modify that file and BOOM, ultra-deadly kill guns like no one's business. Hotfix that shit so gun data like that is stored server side and you've got a big problem solved right there.

• Options
    Also the info dump for their new endgame content dropped today. Everything looks... tantalizing.

• Options
    I like the set item stuff they talked about, and its nice incursions are free, but god damn it where's my xbone exlcusive content I can lord over the PS4 cocks for a month!? COME ON UBI!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Oooh, where?

• Options
    I saw an artice on Kotaku giving some detail.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    SCOOOPS

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Those item drops in the DZ sound really cool, although I'm tempted to hold back and snipe rogue agents until I reach 30 like my other Xbox friends.

e: I know you don't level in the DZ, I just take periodic trips there between story missions. And I'm trying to get to DZ rank 30 too anyway.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    The dark zone is getting hourly supply drops, where high-level gear will drop somewhere in the area, and only the first group there can have it. It’ll be surrounded by high-level enemies, though.

that's gonna be insane

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    The dark zone is getting hourly supply drops, where high-level gear will drop somewhere in the area, and only the first group there can have it. It’ll be surrounded by high-level enemies, though.

that's gonna be insane

I just wonder how loot will be distributed. Will it be a chest drop? So whoever cracks it gets it?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    It sounds like it'll be instanced, but only for the first group to snag it.

• Options
    It sounds like it'll be instanced, but only for the first group to snag it.

I'd prefer anyone who participated in the encounter get loot. Like killing a boss. But I realize people want there to be winners and losers.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I hope more games introduce competitive phasing like that

so I can yell

WE'RE IN

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    People are very easily spooked in the DZ, shooting the medic gun at somebody is a real good way to get shot with a bullet gun, apparently

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    People are very easily spooked in the DZ, shooting the medic gun at somebody is a real good way to get shot with a bullet gun, apparently

Because it looks almost exactly firing a sticky bomb.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    A big reason the incursion might kick your ass? No checkpoints!

Nope! Bye!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

Huh, I spose it does

Well that sets up potential shenanigans

• Options

Huh, I spose it does

Well that sets up potential shenanigans

What true trolls do is hit you with flash bang stickies they don't trigger a rogue based on damage dealt, but you might think they did, so you open up on the person who hit you with it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    That's what you do if the opposition has a number you can't immediately steamroll. If they have the number advantage they'll just oneshot you with an explode sticky.

• Options
    Panda4You wrote: »
    That's what you do if the opposition has a number you can't immediately steamroll. If they have the number advantage they'll just oneshot you with an explode sticky.

Or you can be like two idiots that came after me and trojan and attack us while they were funneled into a tight corridor they couldn't get out of. It was great.

Best thing to open up if you can't alpha strike is incendiary bullets, that way you burn someone and can finish them of in the panic.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    A big reason the incursion might kick your ass? No checkpoints!

Nope! Bye!

Ehhhh i'm willing to give it a shot, but it doesn't seem like it'd be fun if the group fucks up.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    so basically the game offers you a brick wall to run into if you try to solo past level 20, huh

• Options
    so basically the game offers you a brick wall to run into if you try to solo past level 20, huh

No? At least I didn't I've spent the majority of my time soloing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    good for you! I have died more times in my last two sessions than all the others put together!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what response you were expecting when others didn't have that experience

• Options
    i don't really care! it doesn't make it not suck!

• Options
    Might have to change talents, skills, how you are approaching situations, the guns you are using etc etc.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    i had not thought of that

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    i don't really care! it doesn't make it not suck!

Every mission up to the "challenging" modes can be run solo (and there are people soloing the challenging). I'm doing it with a combo of turret, marksman rifle and smg. I also use pulse, so I have a better ability to scout ahead.

That allows me to take on enemies at range while dealing with anything that runs up on me. I change position and fall back all the time, as well, since getting swarmed is the easiest way to die. I like to drop turret, which sticks mobs into cover, then engage from afar with the rifle.

Basically, you creep and engage from the margins until you get enough good gear to take on mobs. Learn how to extract solo. Basically find the positions that allow you to call in extractions at the edge of the zone so that you can avoid the worst of the mobs.

Run away a lot. When you see a bunch of enemies you can't take, run. When you see a group of strangers, run. When you see one dude who is acting sketchy, go the other way. Extract from empty areas or while others are engaging mobs.

After awhile, you start to learn tells and read sketchy situations. For example, watch carefully "allies" who linger around after a big firefight. They can't see your loot on the ground, but they can steal it once you have picked it up.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

??? I soloed pretty much all the way to 30, hard missions and everything. What's giving you trouble?

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I am so close to getting the Liberator. I was almost tempted to blow my credits on a yellow holster that drastically bumped all specs

But I said

No

NOT TODAY

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Also Liberator is a line of sex furniture :snap: