Options

[The Division] is a game that still exists

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I did it with another guy and didn't have any trouble. I switched back to hard modes and the only one that was real tough was the power plant. that was brutal.

fire seeker grenade owns. hit that and the tech signature and bosses melt

Jars on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Beat the main story, hit level 30, got a yellow pistol recipe off Bliss, crafted that for my first piece of yellow gear.

So I dunno now I guess I do dailies and DZ?

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I did Hudson Refugee Camp with a group of 3 people I matchmade with.

And, uh, I feel like the scaling on these missions are off, because there were a couple spots (right at the beginning and right at the end) that were fucking brutal.

We were just getting swarmed by purples and yellows. The final fight against the boss was so rough that everyone but the host left. I had been using an assault rifle and SMG, but decided to switch my SMG out for my old marksman rifle (which was three levels behind my best DPS weapons at this point). Not only was the number of enemies far more manageable, but holy shit did the marksman make killing the boss way easier.

The game is bugging me about "oh no, you have a low-level weapon," but the rifle does so much damage that it'd be ridiculous to switch it out for any other secondary weapon.

Yea, experienced this with two friends, one was 1 level above and the other 3 levels.

Man did those 3 levels fuck us big time.

We spent like an hour doing the last boss fight, it was crazy how much dying we experienced.

We got stubborn and kept going at it, literally came up with insane strategies on how to manage the purples and keep that gold boss from flame throwing us from across the room.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular

And, uh, I feel like the scaling on these missions are off, because there were a couple spots (right at the beginning and right at the end) that were fucking brutal.

We were just getting swarmed by purples and yellows. The final fight against the boss was so rough that everyone but the host left. I had been using an assault rifle and SMG, but decided to switch my SMG out for my old marksman rifle (which was three levels behind my best DPS weapons at this point). Not only was the number of enemies far more manageable, but holy shit did the marksman make killing the boss way easier.

The game is bugging me about "oh no, you have a low-level weapon," but the rifle does so much damage that it'd be ridiculous to switch it out for any other secondary weapon.

That final fight is one of the hardest in the game when you're the proper level for it, I feel. Only place while leveling where my matchmade pub team got wrecked repeatedly and I had to re-queue.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So that last mission with the helicopter is fairly fucking hilarious when everyone is geared up with yellow weapons, we all stayed in place and just shot it to death in under 30 seconds

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

That final fight is one of the hardest in the game when you're the proper level for it, I feel. Only place while leveling where my matchmade pub team got wrecked repeatedly and I had to re-queue.

Oh God, I just realized which one was Hudson Refugee Camp and yeah, that one is ridiculously unfair when it scales. I tried it three times with different groups and died horribly in the opening area. The waves of Cleaners just gets ridiculous when they all become purples and yellows and start charging you with flamethrowers. I managed to solo it, just barely, at the appropriate level, by using a combination of the turret to keep the boss suppressed while I got really close, then popping up and taking a few shots, healing every time he managed to get a hit in. Fortunately, I think his AI bugged slightly and he kept moving between the same two cover points instead of running away once I got up close and personal.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    does scavenging increase drops? I equipped something with 49% scavenging and now it's raining blues

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    does scavenging increase drops? I equipped something with 49% scavenging and now it's raining blues

Yep that's the item find stat in game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    can you get regular enemies to drop purples with it or does it only go to blues

• Options
    can you get regular enemies to drop purples with it or does it only go to blues

When you are 30 it will increase the chance of regular enemies dropping purples. I know on challenging I've seen plenty of purple drops from regs and I don't even have that high of an item find.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    This game desperately needs a difficulty option between challenging and hard for missions that is also soloable.

DZ is really your only option for profitable thing to repeat by yourself aside from two daily hards. Challenge mode is not soloable.

I'd love to see a mode that guarantees 5 to 10 Phoenix credits in addition to the boss drop of 1 to 3.

Also, the matchmaking is God awful and improving that would help loads too.

• Options
    I'd like a snappy way to inspect people's gear because when you pub a challenge mission, if everyone isn't decently kitted out its not even worth attempting

Also it'd be good to have some sort of ping indicator because being slightly laggy with Challenge mission incendiary grenades means you're totally fucked

• Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    Was all excited to get back to this after a couple of days break but OH MAN the servers were laggy for me last night, which was really frustrating considering we were just doing PvE stuff on two PCs about 10 feet from each other. Mr Seas was a little laggy here or there but for me it was full on people teleporting around, dumping a clip into dudes and then having all the numbers pop off him at once a second later, deconstructing saying "You didn't get anything" before correcting itself and then showing me my mats, etc. I had been pretty blase about the always online component but blech.

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Playing this at cap is making me appreciate Destiny: TTK's Hung Jury and far more moderate gearing curve/infusion.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »
    Playing this at cap is making me appreciate Destiny: TTK's Hung Jury and far more moderate gearing curve/infusion.

Except in Destiny if you don't get raid drops you are literally unable to progress. Where as in the division with hard mode dailys and the DZ I was able to gear up for challenging without much difficulty.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Except in Destiny if you don't get raid drops you are literally unable to progress. Where as in the division with hard mode dailys and the DZ I was able to gear up for challenging without much difficulty.

You can buy Hung Jury without raid drops. The nightfall was totally doable without raid drops. The raid guns aren't, last I played anyway, even any good!

It has been since last year that I played, though.

You can do other things in the Division but it also has a lot less stuff for you to even do? The DZ is extremely one note. Missions make the game shine but you only get three a day that are really worth your time at all, and one of them is just outright tedious to play.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Actually I think I just played a lot more Destiny than I'm playing the Division, come to think of it! Lots more solo content and quests, rather than doing dailies for Phoenix credits and crafting/randomly rerolling stats. Running the DZ with a full crew is great fun though.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Actually I think I just played a lot more Destiny than I'm playing the Division, come to think of it! Lots more solo content and quests, rather than doing dailies for Phoenix credits and crafting/randomly rerolling stats. Running the DZ with a full crew is great fun though.

Yeah it is!

I've yet to have robbery work out in my favor. We did a couple of times just for funsies and the guys dropped all blues. In the level 32 zone! Then the whole server showed up and murdered us.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    comm tower is fun. bunch of rikers running at once to get lit on fire

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I'd like a snappy way to inspect people's gear because when you pub a challenge mission, if everyone isn't decently kitted out its not even worth attempting

Also it'd be good to have some sort of ping indicator because being slightly laggy with Challenge mission incendiary grenades means you're totally fucked

Or, even better, do what some MMOs (like FF14 and Destiny) do where you have an item level in addition to your normal level.

So that way you can effectively screen people who are lagging far behind on their equipment out of the public matchmaking system.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I'm level 25 but mission wise I'm still in the level 19 area. at this rate I'll hit 30 with a ton of stuff still to do around the city. I figure on stopping at 29 to do dark zone though, the area will be nice and empty for me to get some ranks.

• Options
    There is a gear level coming for the Division, incursions will require you to be at a certain level.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Yeah. The gear already has a level, but there's no good way to check other people's.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Yeah. The gear already has a level, but there's no good way to check other people's.

One way you can sort of know how good someone is, are they using a challenge mode weapon skin. Though with the exploits going that's not super as reliable sadly.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Yep that's the item find stat in game.
    What I've heard is it doesn't actually increase the amount of drops, but increases the quality of drops.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Bluuuuh trying do dailies solo sucks

Wanna get that Liberator ;_;

• Options

Do it in a group?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Gear level checks in game are fine. Don't meet requirements? Don't get matched.

If that's in place, ideally then you don't let people do the checking. Let the game do it in the background, not Ned who kicks people if they don't have the best roll on their endgame gear. Ned can't handle that power.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Gear level checks in game are fine. Don't meet requirements? Don't get matched.

If that's in place, ideally then you don't let people do the checking. Let the game do it in the background, not Ned who kicks people if they don't have the best roll on their endgame gear. Ned can't handle that power.

YEAH FUCK NED WITH HIS STUPID BULLSHIT!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Ok the glitch to get a ton of people into a mission is hilarious. Definitely the most fun way to grind out Phoenix credits

• Options

Do it in a group?

Ew randos

• Options
    I must Division soon, I am HobnailAlpha on PSN

• Options
    aw hell now I'm matched with 30s in hard dungeons. that's not worth it at all

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Almost every time I matchmake for hard missions I get matched with this Chinese group that just runs Lexington non-stop.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular

Do it in a group?

Ew randos
    The way I do it is:
    - go to the mission and start it yourself on hard
    - set my group to open
    - do the mission

As I am the group leader, I can't get kicked, and I have three people that can shoot at enemies and where enemies can shoot at. Even if they're randos, they can't mess up the hard mission too much, it isn't challenge after all, and they are probably not glitching.

After the mission I set my group to Friends Only again and leave the group, and voila, hard mode done with a little effort :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Hmmm

Anyone know if this still works?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-exploit-gets-you-fast-phoenix-credits/1100-6436069/

TLDR; Madison Gardens on Hard, kill Hutch, a second Hutch respawns that you can kill for Phoenix credits, die, rinse & repeat.

• Options
    Hmmm

Anyone know if this still works?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-exploit-gets-you-fast-phoenix-credits/1100-6436069/

TLDR; Madison Gardens on Hard, kill Hutch, a second Hutch respawns that you can kill for Phoenix credits, die, rinse & repeat.

The last patch specifically removed that glitch and keeps any similar ones from occurring.

• Options
    Booooo

I got like two whole Phoenix Credts from doing it this morning.

Did get a nice new purple SMG out of trying it, so not a total loss.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I don't think there's been a patch since that exploit was discovered has there? Same with the Russian consulate farming, I think they're both there

Edit- Devlin you might be thinking of the Bullet King exploit

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    I don't think there's been a patch since that exploit was discovered has there? Same with the Russian consulate farming, I think they're both there

Edit- Devlin you might be thinking of the Bullet King exploit

Oh really? Hmmm interesting.

I did just hit level 30.