As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I was psyched about this Splatfest until I found out it's promoting that awful looking reboot series.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r7lVa0Irsg

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    i don't really have a lot of nostalgic love for TMNT, but damn, those new character designs look like hot garbage.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    I was psyched about this Splatfest until I found out it's promoting that awful looking reboot series.
    Meh, I'll still be psyched for 63+ Super Sea Snails next month 8-)

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    i don't really have a lot of nostalgic love for TMNT, but damn, those new character designs look like hot garbage.
    This was the 80s cartoon design
    NXljbXX.jpg
    The 2018 designs are brilliance by comparison.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I like how varied the turtles look, that's pretty cool, and they look good in motion

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    This was the 80s cartoon design
    NXljbXX.jpg
    The 2018 designs are brilliance by comparison.

I'm sorry, but the actual drawings there look turtle-like and aren't just the godawful modern "everything is a simple geometric shape with some dark lines" look.
    vbd7rkd2sg9y.png

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    As an ancient crusty TMNT fan I must say that looks horrible in nearly every way. Sort of as if they thought, how many new cartoon trends can we inject into the style of this show before it explodes from it? A thoughtfully executed TMNT show could be amazing if it played to the strength of the the franchise and ignored current aesthetics.

I do like the idea of physically differentiating the 4 though, but dang, not like that.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Been a TMNT fan since I got the original comics and Paladium RPG books, predating the 80s cartoon. The turtles have had some interesting design choices, but this current one, the movies (90s & Bay), and the 80s cartoon are just awful. I think the 2012 turtles was the best rendition of them yet. Opinions though.

So yeah, squids and ink is awesome.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    ESPLATS!

I missed that the US & Canada Open Series Finals were going on right now.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Been a TMNT fan since I got the original comics and Paladium RPG books, predating the 80s cartoon. The turtles have had some interesting design choices, but this current one, the movies (90s & Bay), and the 80s cartoon are just awful. I think the 2012 turtles was the best rendition of them yet. Opinions though.

So yeah, squids and ink is awesome.

I had to do a quick google to see which ones were the 2012 version and yeah totally agree. This coming from someone who grew up with the 80s cartoon and movies.

Plus that 2012 show was surprisingly dark at times.

And yeah I know the original comic wasn't exactly rainbow and lollipops either. :razz:

In squid news I finally got around to beating the campaign. Good times. I am now ready for the expansion.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Db6sC3FVwAI7-cN.jpg

Pretty proud of this so I'm gonna show it off. I dropped down from Profreshional 300 to Profreshional 100 playing with some friends who were lower than my rank last weekend during a SR shift that had a pretty bad weapon selection, and it shook my confidence a bit that I dropped that far, but this was a huge pick-me-up.

I want to be excited for Triple Splatfest but I generally go All Out for my Splatfests and play extra to take advantage of Ability Chunks & get my Snails etc., and I know I can't do that three weeks in a row, but I guess that's just how it is. Can't wait to see which turtle is the "best".

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    Played with the grizzco charger in the current salmon rotation, which is all random. It has the range of a bamboozler I think, with an instant charge that can two shot cohocks.

It's probably my favourite grizzco weapon since it eats bosses, but it's the fastest ink draining weapon. 6 shots is all you get before you have to refill.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    Played with the grizzco charger in the current salmon rotation, which is all random. It has the range of a bamboozler I think, with an instant charge that can two shot cohocks.

It's probably my favourite grizzco weapon since it eats bosses, but it's the fastest ink draining weapon. 6 shots is all you get before you have to refill.

Yeah, you have to be smart with your shots, but it's devastating. I had it during a Griller round and it just destroyed them.

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    MetaHybrid wrote: »

Yeah, you have to be smart with your shots, but it's devastating. I had it during a Griller round and it just destroyed them.
    On the other hand, if your teammates aren't good at cleaning up the trash then those spoony bois are gonna give you a bad time as you quickly burn through all your ink.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    A little bit of footage from Octo:

https://youtu.be/3tVTZmdOF6c

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Oh gods and fishes...timed levels? Why'd there have to be timed levels?

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    I'll finally start playing Splatoon 2 tonight to jump into this TMNT splatfest. My household is nuts for TMNT... my wife and I watched the 80s cartoon when we were kids, and my kids got obsessed with the 2013 Nick show. For anyone interested, the 2013 show is on Hulu and it's excellent. I'll give the new show a shot, based on how well done the 2013 one was.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    Since my friends and I don't really care much about TMNT, we all decided to hop on the same team (Leo) and play around with the Team Splatfest feature. I'm generally a supporter of the way Splatoon does it's friend matchmaking- playing against friends is often just as fun as playing on the same team, and it gives the game a bit more leeway in terms of balancing teams (separate the two friends who are really good so that they don't steamroll whatever the opposition is, etc.). But just hopping in a lobby with friends and then jumping into battle together feels REALLY good.

• Options
    Raph vs Leo results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKL2vySL6z4
    Raph wins!

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Every time I pick Marina I lose...

TDawg on
  • Options
    Round 2 of the @tmnt Splatfest begins 5/11 at 9pm PT! Will Mikey make the grade? Or will Donnie don the crown? Pick your team when the voting begins the evening of 5/8.

PSA – Don’t forget to collect your Super Sea Snails by Tuesday morning! The weekly @tmnt Splatfests mean there’s a shorter time than usual to collect your winnings!

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Inklings tend to be obsessed with Turf Wars when they're young, but once they grow up a bit they mostly play CoD.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    But it's Hello Kitty stuff

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Badtz-Maru 4 Lyfe!

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

Clarifying in case you can't tell from the pics / can't read Japanese / didn't click on the link, but you can BUY THE SPLATFEST TEE.

There are actually a few t-shirts in Splatoon that I would legitimately buy (none of them are the Splatfest tees), so this is a really cool promotion.

• Options
    Ended my Splatfest for Donnie at 23W-8L. Probably my best Splatfests so far. The undercover brella is so good in turf war.

• Options
    This was my worst Splatfest in a while (I haven't played all week and my Switch's right stick has started being a bit finicky), but 11W-8L was still positive. As long as I don't drag the team down I am happy!

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Splatfests Results!

https://youtu.be/MWW5ieiSxsk
    Donnie Wins!

Here's some stats on the Popularity vs Minority matchup that I was interested in.

Popularity vs Minority Wins: 14-14
    NA/OC: Popularity wins 4-2
    EU: Popularity win 4-2
    Japan: 5-5
    NA/OC/EU: Minority Wins 4-1
    Global: Minority Wins 1-0

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    Eeeexcellent.

• Options
    Raph vs Donnie Splatfests Results

https://youtu.be/P48mVbStdCM
    Donnie is crowned the Turtle Champion!

• Options
    edited May 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_os8hX8uXg0

(New musician from the Octo Expansion.)

Twitter translation:
    Dedf1sh is an Octoling DJ who tried to pursue a music career for her future, and went to the facility where Octo Expansion takes place to help with that. However, she got "sanitized" in the process, losing her will. She still makes music, though.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Fired up Splatoon 1 to show my 3 year old nephew something earlier this week. Man, seeing the lobby without any miiverse posts is kind of depressing. There was something magical about checking out all the messages and illustrations.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Man I need that xpack now.

• Options
    June's weapon drop got announced:

jkF92AV.jpg

Custom Dualie Squelchers. Sub: Splat Bomb. Special: Ink Storm.

Rapid Blaster Pro Deco. Sub: Splash Wall. Special: Ink Armour.

Sorella Undercover Brella. Sub: Splat Bomb. Special: Baller.

Carbon Roller Deco. Sub: Burst Bomb. Special: Autobomb Launcher.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Autobomb Launcher!!!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Wahoo World map being added Thursday or Friday depending on where you live

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Nintendo's E3 streaming starts off with the first rounds of the Splatoon 2 World Championship today at 6:30pm EST.

Youtube stream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSx7CTILNc

BronzeKoopa on