As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I noticed grillers dropping more eggs today, that's nice. Also the new Toni Kensa weapon loadouts are really good love the subs and specials on the black splattershot and roller.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    Also new Salmon Run music, which plays when certain weapons are supplied, probably Grizzco rotations.

https://youtu.be/art0Zst0RkY

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I noticed grillers dropping more eggs today, that's nice. Also the new Toni Kensa weapon loadouts are really good love the subs and specials on the black splattershot and roller.

Ironically, 5 eggs per griller almost makes them too easy. I certainly prefer it this way, and am not complaining, but I think they could have done 4 eggs per griller and it would be just fine.

And yeah, all of the Toni Kensa weapons look hot and have great loadouts.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Feels like I’m getting more teammate disconnects ever since paid online.

• Options
    Matchmaking times are horrendous for this new splatfest mode.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    The bouncy platforms on the Shifty Stage are basically the springs from Mario Bros 1. Very touchy.

• Options
    SulSul Registered User regular
    Feels like I’m getting more teammate disconnects ever since paid online.
    I am averaging 2 for every three games. This is actually making me angry, at this point.

Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I can recall only three matches thus far where a teammate has disconnected, out of 50+ matches.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    The bouncy platforms on the Shifty Stage are basically the springs from Mario Bros 1. Very touchy.
    I didn't really have any problem with them? If you're holding the jump button when you touch them you bounce higher, no timing required.

• Options
    I mainly hate the bouncy platforms because they disadvantage me as a splatling, and that they make it difficult to dislodge a good charger on that center platform. Hell, the bouncing makes it easier for them to shoot you.

• Options
    Switched to normal splatfest to reach king rank, seemed more stable. Pro mode is a disconnecting, long waiting mess. Think retro has this in the bag, they’re all I saw winning the 100x battles in the news scroll. Don’t think this new clout scoring is gonna change the popular choice losing all the time.

• Options
    I started off on normal and only switched after maxing my Splatfest rank. Queues were definitely longer on pro, but they didn't seem excessively long except when you could tell matchmaking was going to time out.

I'm at 2084 Retro Power.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I didn't really have any problem with them? If you're holding the jump button when you touch them you bounce higher, no timing required.

Maybe that was my problem, I tried to time my B button press and sometimes I bounced and sometimes I did a short hop off the side of the stage.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I was playing with chargers, DUALIES and was shooting in the air, and hit the button to make sure I bounced, and WOOSH dodge-rolled off the stage. It was fun, 10/10, wish the Splatfest lasted longer so I could play more matches tomorrow.

TDawg on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Had no disconnects but wait times suuucked

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Man I really need to start playing again, I only just dipped my toe into this game when I got super distracted by other releases which is a shame.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    WE WON DAMNIT, WE WON!

I… should not be this invested in fictitious alliances but maturity be damned team Marina, ahem, team Modern finally won!

Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Sul wrote: »
    WE WON DAMNIT, WE WON!

I… should not be this invested in fictitious alliances but maturity be damned team Marina, ahem, team Modern finally won!

Was it weird i thought from the art Team Modern was (mid80s to mid90s) Retro and Team Retro was Aughts and over Steampunk Modern?

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    The new special weapon is literally the Genkidama as it charges up faster if you Booyah with your teammates

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    And teammates get a bit of Special charge for helping you as well.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I'm wondering how these new specials and the new soda can bombs are going to be distributed. Are they going to be exclusive to whatever new weapons are coming, (Maybe new third variants of the older weapons) or will many of the older weapons be retooled with the new specials?

• Options
    I think they'll probably do a bit of all of that, only four weapons released have no second variant, some of them might have those specials, along with the second Kensa wave in October.

• Options
    Next Wave of Kensa Weapons from Switch News.

oBVMxZ1.jpg

Splattershot Pro has Splat Bomb and Booyah Bomb
    Lunar Blaster has Fizzy bomb and Rainstorm
    Dynamo Roller has Sprinkler and Booyah Bomb
    Sloshing Machine has Fizzy bomb and Splashdown

• Options
    so… I'm finally going to become proficient with a splattershot pro, then.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Sul wrote: »
    so… I'm finally going to become proficient with a splattershot pro, then.

When I was playing the first Splatoon regularly the splattershot pro was both one of my best weapon types (alongside the .52 gals & aerosprays) and one of my favorite (I really wanted to get good with splatlings & blasters but never really got the hang of them).

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Rollers were my jam in 1. Then the sploosh-o-matic, then the splash-o-matic.

I *cannot* quit dualies in 2. My play style is now *firmly* based in the ability to quickly move in response to danger. I was, recently, moved to try something other than dualies. That turned into "I can now use long range dualies and short range dualies." It took the Kensa dualies to get me to reinvest in 'slow' dualies, though.

Sul on
  • Options
    Update is out, spam booyah to win.

• Options
    Are booyah spirit bombs totally invincible when they are charging in the air, or can you tear through the armor like ballers?

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Are booyah spirit bombs totally invincible when they are charging in the air, or can you tear through the armor like ballers?

You can tear through them, but I think it's something ridiculous like 500 armour.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
  • Options
    Well if you’re lucky enough to get this opportunity like I had a .52 Gal can splat a booyah charge without object shredder.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    MetaHybrid wrote: »

Just what I was looking for! I'm glad theres diminishing Booyah rewards- the first few matches I kept doing it until I noticed it wasn't helping much, and sitting around spamming Booyah feels ridiculous.

I feel like the extended super armor is a bit much- you definitely need some to get off the special, but since its a distance special you should also be a little vulnerable if you activate it right in front of your opponent like Jets. There were several times where I was targeting the Booyah person and not getting them in time. Maybe its practice?

TDawg on
  • Options
    It might take the highest damaging weapons like a full charge Hydra to take them down, even then I'm not sure if it's possible to solo their armour if they get a quick enough charge.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    So I got the Nintendo Online Splatoon gear codes. They sent me 8, saying there was one for each family member account. However, after redeeming the first on my account, it wouldn't let me redeem the second on my kids' accounts. Logged into Splatoon and they have a box waiting for them.

Do I not need the additional codes if we all use the same Switch?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I was given a code by somone else, and I unlocked the online gear for two accounts, but I don't know anything much beyond that.

Edit: Make that three accounts

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    So apparently one code works for all eight accounts is what I've been told.

• Options
    Remember that if you want the halloween themed gear to celebrate the splatfest launch the game through the news app post about it.

• Options
    Also the current Salmon Run has Grizzco weapons only, and the new song plays during normal waves.