Options

Gesaffel[chat]

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I want to cuddle right now

Feel you right now.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    SOTAR you have caused harm to me which is a violation of the First Law Of Robotics and I demand satisfaction.

Yeah protip chief: Those laws are utter bullshit.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Now where did I put my soldering iron?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    simonwolf I forgot how bad the animation was in the 90's.

Been a while since I watched Bubblegum Crisis 2040. I remember watching this like in bits and pieces in high school.

It was my gateway anime, aired on Saturday nights on a free to air station down here. I think the Boomer animations are pretty good for a TV anime in its time, but compared with what's being achieved nowadays, it can look rough.

Yeah I think it was later for me seeing it.

I think there was more of a cyberpunk and kind of strange sci-fi push in that time period in anime though. Like you get the earlier stuff with like the original Ghost in a Shell but you get Bubblegum Crisis and Lain later on.

I should rewatch Lain. That was a weird show.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    you're all going on the list as enemies of the revolution

the bourgeois cuddlecrats will be shot in the street

Can I at least be put up against "the wall" first? I've heard so much about it.

Don't worry, Gim, in the terror I am sure we will find a reason to put you against the wall

This is oddly comforting

I would never leave you out of the mind-shattering executions, my traitor to the people friend

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Owls!

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    SOTAR you have caused harm to me which is a violation of the First Law Of Robotics and I demand satisfaction.

Yeah protip chief: Those laws are utter bullshit.

oh, he brought out "chief"

one way or another, somebody's gonna get satisfaction

sig.gif
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Lain is on Hulu, or so I remember Amazon telling me.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @Shivahn I am glad things are working out with your date!
    Games:
    Bormberman on SNES was fun multiplayer at people's houses. I think it was on SNES anyway?

As I've mentioned, Dan and I have been cuddling while playing Life Is Strange or other such visual novel type games on PC, so you could do that as well (both people get to have a say in key decisions, switch off who controls it whenever someone gets bored).

For board games:
    Set is the best if you are equally into it, otherwise is the worst.
    Dominion is very easy to learn and if this person plays D&D she can deal with reading rules on cards and stuff.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    upliftoctopus.jpg

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh hey actually as long as it's on my mind

Does chat have any suggestions for games that would be good to play with a non-gamer partner? Ideally ones I already have (SNES!) but other ideas are welcome!

Do you have any of the lego games? I really like lego star wars and you have infinite lives, and just respawn right where you died. It's gun and addictive and forgiving enough that I was able to play it with my four year old niece recently, and she barely knows how to hold a controller.

FFVI?

Saints Row has co op but I have no idea if it is any good at that.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh hey actually as long as it's on my mind

Does chat have any suggestions for games that would be good to play with a non-gamer partner? Ideally ones I already have (SNES!) but other ideas are welcome!

ROCKET LEAGUE

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Been a while since I watched Bubblegum Crisis 2040. I remember watching this like in bits and pieces in high school.

It was my gateway anime, aired on Saturday nights on a free to air station down here. I think the Boomer animations are pretty good for a TV anime in its time, but compared with what's being achieved nowadays, it can look rough.

I think there was more of a cyberpunk and kind of strange sci-fi push in that time period in anime though. Like you get the earlier stuff with like the original Ghost in a Shell but you get Bubblegum Crisis and Lain later on.

technically Tokyo 2040 is a remake of the original Bubblegum Crisis, which was a late 80s OVA and predates GitS/Eva

but it was made in the late 90s and therefore (inevitably) takes on a bunch of the qualities of those shows

Lain remains great, though! I should get around to re-watching that (once I get through the rest of my ever-increasing list)

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Beat em'ups are a good choice

I agree with this. Mario Kart would also rank high on my list.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    (she will be terrible at it but so will you and hilarity will ensue because that's what Rocket League is unless you put a lot of time into it)

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn I am glad things are working out with your date!
    Games:
    Bormberman on SNES was fun multiplayer at people's houses. I think it was on SNES anyway?

As I've mentioned, Dan and I have been cuddling while playing Life Is Strange or other such visual novel type games on PC, so you could do that as well (both people get to have a say in key decisions, switch off who controls it whenever someone gets bored).

For board games:
    Set is the best if you are equally into it, otherwise is the worst.
    Dominion is very easy to learn and if this person plays D&D she can deal with reading rules on cards and stuff.

1) thank you! She is being constantly upgraded in terms of relational words I'm using.

Bomberman sounds wonderful. And visual novel stuff! I suspect she'd like that. Board games are also awesome, and we played Cathedral earlier today. It was pretty great.

I am gonna go to bed now, night everyone! Day was strangely exhausting.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Zen the human wang is a beautiful thing

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    As Australia converted to the metric system long ago, I shall announce that I am 5 metres, 4 centiments tall
    Kana wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    As Australia converted to the metric system long ago, I shall announce that I am 5 metres, 4 centimetres tall

How many australian death spiders is that?

a flamin shed load

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Zen the human wang is a beautiful thing

The scrotum and twins on the other hand...

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

technically Tokyo 2040 is a remake of the original Bubblegum Crisis, which was a late 80s OVA and predates GitS/Eva

but it was made in the late 90s and therefore (inevitably) takes on a bunch of the qualities of those shows

Lain remains great, though! I should get around to re-watching that (once I get through the rest of my ever-increasing list)

Lain is something I have watched like 6 times or more. I always find something a bit new I missed the first time.

Haibane Renmei which is the same guy is pretty good but very different.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »

Not buyin' it, bro. Not buyin' OH FCUK THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY BE A MOUS... not cool man.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Won both my dota games tonight.

Going to bed early since I am still getting used to work again.

You kids keep being nice to each other and/or do whatever you want I'm not your dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syp7BEJwiP8

• Options
    There are good co-op platformers on Wii. But, that is not a SNES or PC. But, they are fun... with people... Sort of.

Building IKEA furniture with a SO is fun, right?

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Australia (and all things Aussie) are referred to as "down under".

Does Australia refer to everything in the Northern Hemisphere as "up over"?

:strokes chin quizzically:

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I sent a thank you note for my phone interview and got not only a response on a sunday, but a response that included information for an in person interview and trial

I'm not gonna get super specific because this is through a forumer and I don't want to go any further on deets for multiple reasons but this has gone so well it's almost unbelievable. keep assuming the next step is where they'll snag me but maybe I am just going to get to do something I'd love to do and will feel rewarded working at.

at the very least I get continued experience and probably at least some feedback if things don't work out

I feel weird making these posts but I know everyone makes them and I do feel good and do wanna share with you all

quick, say something about video games

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    PUT THE NOODLES INTO A POT OF BOILING WATER AND KEEP BOILING FOR 3-4 MINUTES

REMOVE THE NOODLES FROM BOILING WATER AND WASH THEM IN COLD WATER 2-3 TIMES TO COOL

MIX WELL WITH PASTE SOUP AND ENJOY YOURSELF

Aww, thank you noodle-package. I will enjoy myself!

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Lain is something I have watched like 6 times or more. I always find something a bit new I missed the first time.

Haibane Renmei which is the same guy is pretty good but very different.

Ah, formative anime experiences.

I credit the original Sci-Fi channel for showing Vampire Hunter D, Lensman, and Robot Carnival a whole shitload during their first couple of years of existence as whetting my appetite for what was then referred to in the states as Japanimation.

Oh and The Professional: Golgo 13.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

Need to rewatch Lain, also need to rewatch Haibane Renmei.

Haibane Renmei is kind of interesting cuz it's kind of after the anime ultraviolence era, but it's still got a degree of that mindfuckery going on that you rarely see in shows now. It's also soooort of a Cute Girls Doing Cute Things show, but before they were quite so... codified as they are now into their own genre. Like, it would definitely be a very different show if made today, in one way or the other.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I want to cuddle right now

Feel you right now.

But I'm so short

I'd basically be a pillow

• Options
    I imagine a lot if people would feel Haibane Renmei is pacing problems.

I love it a lot though.

• Options
    I have the weirdest typos while chatting for some reason. How do I go for the "q" key and end up with the "g" key?

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    I sent a thank you note for my phone interview and got not only a response on a sunday, but a response that included information for an in person interview and trial

I'm not gonna get super specific because this is through a forumer and I don't want to go any further on deets for multiple reasons but this has gone so well it's almost unbelievable. keep assuming the next step is where they'll snag me but maybe I am just going to get to do something I'd love to do and will feel rewarded working at.

at the very least I get continued experience and probably at least some feedback if things don't work out

I feel weird making these posts but I know everyone makes them and I do feel good and do wanna share with you all

quick, say something about video games

Mech seems weak against airtoss!

• Options
    Oh uh also good luck I guess.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I need a massager for my butt.

The outside, not the inside.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    My best description of Haibane Renmei is it leaves me feeling grey.

Like if grey the color was a feeling.

It is an odd show.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I need a massager for my butt.

The outside, not the inside.

I'll give you both

This discussion has been closed.