As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    815165 wrote: »
    Now, I didn't see the main event, but I'm confused.

How can a guy literally be KO'd at one point in the match and still win?

That doesn't make any sense.

the knee landed right on the buzzer and bisping wasn't so out of it that dean felt the need to stop the fight between rounds

If that knee would have landed two seconds sooner the match would have been stopped. He just crumbled at the buzzer. I can't see any scenario where Bisping would have immediately gotten back up and gone to his corner if not for the wackiness.

You gotta remember Silva was on top of the cage cheering for a good 30 seconds between rounds. Both corners were in the ring. They had to clear the ring and get both guys to their corners. Bisping was on the ground for quite a long time before the fight resumed.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Bisping nearly lost because he freaked out about his mouthpiece. If he lost because of that, it would have been the worst.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

I almost want to bring back my Diaz sig/av

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    so if I want to pick up a bunch of Pride DVDs, which ones should I get?

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Pride 25: Bodyblow is siiiiiick.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    eEK!eEK! Registered User regular
    Pride didn't really have any restraint with booking the big shows and they went all out with production, so you can't go wrong just picking any cards with a bunch of fighters you like.

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    holy shit, this is too funny:

https://twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/704439913723265024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Sorry, dunno how to embed.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Man that reminded me of forever ago when my boy palhares was talking to the ref about grease or whatever and marquardt landed that huge gnp. I'm not saying team rousimar (basically just me and my dog) deserved the win but I do demand a recount

• Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Galvao and now Cyborg pulled out of EBI. Weak.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    If you don't like Conor after this, I don't know what to tell you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZofBjfcDQ&app=desktop

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    this stuff is gold

12784129_170503329997838_1299323822_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5NjYwODIyNTk1MjE1MDAyNQ%3D%3D.2

DC-Insta.0.png

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I kinda wish the McGregor fight was against Nick instead of Nate.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Or both at the same time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    "Just one of those things that happens in MMA"

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Bellator got just about 2 million viewers, breaking all of their previous records and being the #2 show of the night

The Era of the Circus Fights has officially begun.

ed: Right on time, guess who snuck back into the gym
    Wanderlei Silva negotiating with Bellator and Rizin, eyes Fedor Emelianenko fight in the future

It's happening dot gif. Wanderlei signs with Bellator

• Options
    7q17o1s5ahg8.jpg

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    He looks scary in that 2nd pic. Kinda hoping he hangs out at the higher weights now

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    I think that lightweight is a more natural weight class for him.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Mulletude wrote: »
    He looks scary in that 2nd pic. Kinda hoping he hangs out at the higher weights now

Yeah, "Steak" Conor is not a man I would want to jack with. "Salad" Conor I'd just keep my distance till he collapsed from dehydration.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    both nick and nate going off on conor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KhFQdBK0Q4

• Options
    I think that for Diaz to have any shot he's gotta get a submission.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Cabezone wrote: »

if half-camp-mendes can't sub conor i don't see how half-camp-diaz is gonna be able to do that

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »

if half-camp-mendes can't sub conor i don't see how half-camp-diaz is gonna be able to do that

I'm not as sure, Nates BJJ game is very very different. I'm anxious to see how Conor deals with Nate having reach and size on him, Conor having the reach advantage has been a pretty big part of his wins so far and he'll have to change things quite a bit I think. I'm wondering if he goes more of a counter puncher kind of route. Nates also a guy who will look for a lot of different subs could be he goes for a leg or something too and his guard is good enough that it's a threat.

• Options
    Yeah, Mendes' BJJ game is just top control/pressure with an occasional guillotine thrown in (I mean, obviously it's not just that, but at this level that's what is available to him).

Connor will use his kicks to dictate the distance as he always does and then punish Nate when he tries to close into boxing range. Having said that, Nate looked seriously good in his last bout. So I think he'll be able to test Connor's boxing more than any opponent he's faced thus far, if he doesn't get frustrated and panic.

• Options
    Yeah I think a lot of Conor fighting at distance will be those kicks to the lead leg, with Nates reach he's going to be able to tag Conor a little on some kicks if they go deeper. It's going to be interesting, very excited because I can't tell how it will go, I didn't know who would win a lot of Conor's other fights but I had an idea how they'd play out and match up, this one I honestly don't know. Their stand up is just so weird, both of them.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    They need to mic the cage and put the audio up on YouTube after the fight is over.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A lot will also ride on if Conor's knockout power will translate up to that weight on a larger opponent.

• Options
    Speaking of Nate's BJJ, this popped up on my feed and thought it was pretty cool. Here's Nate tapping out Ryan Hall in competition.

https://youtu.be/kydcbqznjN0

• Options
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I see the dude with the belt there, is this an interim title fight or just a fight?

• Options
    Just a fight. No titles on the line.

• Options
  • Options
    Ewwwwww, press conference fight :/

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    pfft diaz ain't got shit on the d-o-double-g

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    God damn I love them DIAZ BOYZ.

playin touch butt in the park

NAAAATTTTEEEEEE MY MAAAAN

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    god damnit.... can they both lose? Can we get a double ko?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Haha, that line about him playing "touch butt" was pretty funny.

Anyway, I'm a little annoyed with how Dana keeps making a big deal about this fight being at 170. No, Conor is not jumping two weight classes. Its really just a fight between two lightweights who aren't cutting any weight. Diaz might cut a couple of pounds for the scale, but Conor is waking up every morning at 168 lbs.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    I think this might be the first time I'll ever hope for a Diaz bro to win.

Bitch move from Conor punching Nate's hand like that. He should get fined but he probably won't.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...