As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    So what now, no one wants Rousey/Tate, and we have this rock paper scissor thing going on now until someone else in the division seems good enough to challenge.

its prime time for cyborg
    i'm ok with meisha being her first victim

Cyborg is too heavy. keep dreaming.

"weight should never be an issue"
    -conor mac

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Anyway great fight. Hope this one isn't a let down.

whicherver asshole wins, we lose! :D

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    I really don't like these long ass walkouts he does.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    holy shit conor loves the camera

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    thats cause he is the best

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Diaz should be able to land some good shots, Connor like to let his head get hit. I'm curious if the chin holds up to a larger puncher, even if Nate doesn't really have knockout power.

EDIT: He knocked out Maynard...but so has everyone else.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    jeeze. half expecting connor to start slapping him.

clowning diaz hard.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    at least Rogan is rooting for Diaz it seems just to balance it out.

• Options
    THE WORLD IS RIGHT

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    USA!

USA!

USA!

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    YES MOTHERFUCKER!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The night of many "fuck your plans ufc"

• Options
    Get back down to 145! :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, got too cocky and his power didn't translate up.

• Options
    209!!!!!!!!!!!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    holly cries..... all my feels
    connor pissy eyed....
    giphy.gif

• Options
    bullshit

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    wowowow

Irish walkout music bad luck tonight 8-)

• Options
    cheating

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    don't talk nate

please.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Holly tougher than Conor confirmed

• Options
    Humble connor is fucking up my schadenfreude.

:/

• Options
    edited March 2016
    If there's ever a good loss it's that one. Connor learned he can't rely on his power to finish all his fights. He was outclassing Nate in the stand up, at that point in his previous fights he'd have his opponent knocked out shortly thereafter. He did his usual showboating and got beat because he couldn't finish.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    at least he is humble in defeat.

gotta give conor that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    hahahaha sherdog forums crashed.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    i'm so happy with this result

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    OH SNAAAAP! Haha, craziness.

If anything Conor needs to stop using his face to block punches.

It wasn't the result I wanted, but good fight. The main and co-main made up for the rest of the relatively lackluster card.

• Options
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    OH SNAAAAP! Haha, craziness.

If anything Conor needs to stop using his face to block punches.

It wasn't the result I wanted, but good fight. The main and co-main made up for the rest of the relatively lackluster card.

card blew. Last 2 fights made up for it.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    That EA Sports cover curse streak continues

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Man oh man that's kind of funny (mostly because fuck Dana White)

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Conor would have legitimately fought anyone last night. And he was completely humble in defeat.

I'm still a fan of his and I look forward to his next fight.

Diaz was fantastic and I've always loved the Diaz brothers. I hope that he's the one that gets the next shot against RDA. He would deserve it.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    So Tate gets rr next per dana.

Even though it's the 4th latest stoppAge ever. Razor close. We gotta get rr in there vs Tate. Holly gets back in the shuffle.

Tate's 0 for 2. Was losing to holm. This isn't compelling.

• Options
    Ehh, I can sorta see them being able to sell Tate - Rousey III now that Rousey's aura of invincibility is gone thanks to the devastating KO loss. Not to mention her mental state seems to be a complete mess right now, evidenced by her ballooning up and the suicide comments, which the UFC probably wont mention in the lead up. All of a sudden I feel like Miesha Tate has a chance now.

Tate will still be the underdog, but they can also play up the whole "ex-champ on the comeback trail" angle I guess.

Anyway, its not like Holm was winning decisively before the 5th round finish. None of her thrown strikes had any noticeable effect on Tate, aside from the sidekicks which didn't really do any damage. Tate had the most significant moment in the 2nd round and came pretty close to finishing the fight. Had Holm survived the 5th round choke, it would have been another one of those trademark Jackson/Wink razor close unanimous / majority / split decisions that everyone loves so much.

I'm actually pretty interested to see how Conor bounces back from this loss mentally. Diaz is probably the first guy he fought that was able to eat his left hand shot and keep coming. Nate's eye was getting pretty messed up, so who knows how the fight would have played out had Conor fought smarter, but his unwavering belief in his main weapon must be more than a little shaken now.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Man, that one side kick to Tate's bread basket was about to make her shit her pants.

Holm's gotta square up that grappling, but it's not going to happen soon enough. I think she might get lost in boring decision wins after this. Hope I'm wrong though. Whatever the case may be, we'll probably see her go after Ronda again, if Ronda ever comes back.

I always thought Conor gets hit too much. He landed a bunch of good shots and could maybe have won if he was more defensive. Once Nate got momentum, the end came quick.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Now that I think about it, last night was actually a double hit to Conor mentally.

He doesn't hit quite as hard as he thought he did, and his chin isn't unbreakable to the point where he can just eat shots with no consequence. He was very visibly wobbled in the moments leading up to the finish.

Despite what he said in the post fight interviews, I don't think efficiency in energy management played much of a factor.

Heres hoping he makes the necessary improvements and comes back better.

• Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, last night was actually a double hit to Conor mentally.

He doesn't hit quite as hard as he thought he did, and his chin isn't unbreakable to the point where he can just eat shots with no consequence. He was very visibly wobbled in the moments leading up to the finish.

Despite what he said in the post fight interviews, I don't think efficiency in energy management played much of a factor.

Heres hoping he makes the necessary improvements and comes back better.

Yeah, I thought the energy comments he made were a bit weird. Nate mentioned something similar in that he needed a round to get into the rhythm or whatever, which I thought made a lot more sense than Conor's comments. It's not like it was round 5 and he was gassed.

Edit: Also Joe Rogan mentioned at the beginning that he liked that neither fighter cut weight, and he hoped it started a trend... how likely do you guys think that will happen, even on a small scale?

Cauld on
  • Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_196 says Nate made $500K for the fight plus another $100K in bonuses. Here's hoping he doesn't take tax advice from his brother and actually pays up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Miesha Tate is gritty as fuck. She makes her cup cakes out of crushed bone and raw meat.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    OP is update broyos

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Conor is still the champion
    The best champion
    The d-o-double-g

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!