As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    So there's now audio of Weidman's corner discussing how he didn't know what day it was after speaking to the doctors. Whether this was through him trying it on for the DQ win or if he was actually concussed I'm not sure. The post fight interview definitely speaks to the latter though... He was pretty fucked up.

I wonder where the commission will come down on the result. If he was actually medically unable to continue then it's a TKO for Moose right? Decision will be upheld. In which case does the UFC go for the rematch?

All very strange!

• Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    Even stranger is looking at the video in slow motion if you pause it when weidman reacts to the knee striking him his left hand is still down. If fingers touching on both hands are enough he certainly was grounded. I certainly though it was close when watching the slow-mo replay when rogan was reviewing it. I mean fingertips touching even with both hands down shouldn't be "down" but apparently they are. It should be a weidman win if he was ahead on the cards when the blow happened.

• Options
    Hmm, I might be bias as a Moose fan, but it seemed to be that the fingers of the left hand left the ground when the strike made contact. I believe the new rule is that both hands have to be on the ground. Either was it's really hard to tell, since the framerate of the camera just wasn't high enough.

• Options
    Here is the still from if you pause when you see the visible wince from the knee strike. Captured from here https://oddshot.tv/s/v0MoxJ

ucdfg03romra.jpeg

• Options
    I honestly can't tell if the knee has connected there or not. The wince could occur prior to the connection. It's ridiculously close either way.

It's a shame, because these are the exact kind of shenanigans that the new rules were trying to get rid of. Can't blame a fighter for utilising everything available to them though.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I mean even if the knee doesn't technically connect while his his hands are down, it's clearly being thrown at that point. I definitely don't agree with the rule itself, but as long as the rule is in effect the fighters should act accordingly.

• Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    I know someone that was at the rules meeting for the fights because he was cornering Pearl, he said the refs told them the palm of the hand or the fist had to be down on the mat to count not finger tips, said they were specific about it at the rules meeting.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    I know someone that was at the rules meeting for the fights because he was cornering Pearl, he said the refs told them the palm of the hand or the fist had to be down on the mat to count not finger tips, said they were specific about it at the rules meeting.

Well that would make this an open and shut case if it is indeed true.

Still an unfortunate stoppage by the ref though.

• Options
    I'd be interested in seeing official written rules for it then. Because I've always heard that it's down if it's bearing weight. In that position it's clearly doing that even if it's not that much.

Essentially it's all bad referee decisions. If had stuck with his initial ruling it might still be wrong but at least then it would be a close call and result most likely in a draw. The fact that he changed mind based on instant replay which NY specifies he wasn't allowed to do is what cases the ridiculousness. It should be a draw and have a rematch.

• Options
    Yeah, the whole business is sucky. I'd love to see either guy go for a title run and this just delays the both of them.

Just catching up with some of the other fights. Oliveira looked like a jiu jitsu demon. Anyone know what he said at the end of his octagon interview?

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Some fucken great fights last weekend.

Whittaker has elevated his level from interesting to goddamned killer. Jacare had nothing for him.

Thug Rose assassinated The Karate Hottie.

Mighty Mouse making this champ thing look easy. The first to sub Reis ever.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19MsGy4pGCg

this is up there with Barboza's KO of Etim and turning someone to wood.

• Options
    Yes, and...Yes, and... Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Some fucken great fights last weekend.

Whittaker has elevated his level from interesting to goddamned killer. Jacare had nothing for him.

Thug Rose assassinated The Karate Hottie.

Mighty Mouse making this champ thing look easy. The first to sub Reis ever.

Pretty sad that this is the only comment on the Fox event. The fights were great, and yet so much coverage of the sport has focused on fights that aren't happening anytime soon. Bobby Knuckles should have thrown a knee at Jacare somewhere in that finishing flurry so we could have another controversial stoppage to talk about.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Yeah, what happens if preteens learn they no longer have to fear their babysitters?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    I think that it is a fairly strong child, so I will defeat her without mercy. Thank you for your support!

http://wmmarankings.com/deep-jewels-16-momoko-yamazaki-defends-decision-take-fight-12-year-old-momo/

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    yesssssssssssss
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FANK7xdUqzY
    slowly workin my way through this
    awesome
    nate gonna nate

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Apparently everybody was putting hands on everybody at this presser today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-gEZMNzsg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPzCREdc9hA

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    hyped for maia masvidal

• Options
    If Maia wins again, then surely he gets that title shot.

... Right?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I only watched the Joanna fight from last night, the only reason she's taking these things the distance is because she simply has no weight to her punches being so light, she's still racking up these super sweet combos and some nice headkicks.

So I guess she'll fight Rose next time, and I'm also realizing VanZant hasn't been fighting for half a year.

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Don't forget, Frankie Edgar beat the -PISS- out of Yair Rodriguez.

It was a two round mauling of vicious ground and pound.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Second time snapchat has ruined a night of fights for me.

Seriously, wtf is that shit?

• Options
    Joanna is made of razor blades and bad intentions.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Kinda cool, a training partner of mine I've worked with the past 6-7 years started his own company making jiujitsu themed pajamas, sounds like I might be in a promo video for it at some point. Was supposed to be in the first promo video but didn't have the time. Check it out, he's worked hard on it and he's a great dude.

https://www.jiujitsujammies.com/

Also I want to see Yair fight again, Frankie has a skill set thats a nightmare for the guy but he's still a hell of a fighter. When does Korean Zombie fight again? I need some exciting fights.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    Was that you opening the jar of pickles?

• Options
    Remember that freakshow fight in Japan matching a 12 year old against an adult?

The 12 year old won...

I haven't seen the fight but I smell Japan shenanigans... if you know what I mean...

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    I haven't seen the fight but I smell Japan shenanigans... if you know what I mean...

The 12 year old was on roids?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Took 2 minutes 59 seconds too

• Options
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Was that you opening the jar of pickles?

It was supposed to be but had something come up so think I'll be in the next one possibly. We'll see.

• Options

• Options
    edited May 2017
    In Z-league MMA news, Popek Monster destroyed Robert Burneika

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T8W1XimA8U

DA3UzMKV0AAK3HS.jpg

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options

• Options
    Angela Magana is kind of public enemy number one right now.

She just deleted her instagram. Probably because of all the hate shes been getting.

• Options
    Yeah, she seems like she could be super toxic. In better news, Gus smashed Glover! In worse news, Glover got smashed. :(

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The b dubs near me stopped showing UFC PPVs so I guess I'm going back to just watching free shows.

NOOOOOOO!

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Germaine de Randamie is getting pooped on for saying she is going back to 135 after her hand is fixed and not looking for cyborg.

This is literally the smartest play. none of the 145 lb scenarios end in anything but a trip back to 135. Why stay and fight someone who cant even make 145 reliably?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, she seems like she could be super toxic. In better news, Gus smashed Glover! In worse news, Glover got smashed. :(

That last punch sequence was amazing. I've been trying to decide what it most closely resembled; 3 consecutive Mortal Kombat uppercuts or Bald Bull's infinite Bullcharge.

Either way, after the 3rd hit and that follow up, Teixeira didn't know what planet he was on.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

That last punch sequence was amazing. I've been trying to decide what it most closely resembled; 3 consecutive Mortal Kombat uppercuts or Bald Bull's infinite Bullcharge.

Either way, after the 3rd hit and that follow up, Teixeira didn't know what planet it was on.

*bap* *bap* *bap*
    *slip*
    *KABLAM*
    *walk away like a badass*